00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sk8er-Gaius15 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Old Code Castle Art

28,455 Views | 169 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Old Code Castle Art 2012-01-01 18:12:34

Well with a new year comes new things. And one of those new things is a new thread with new art.

Oh and lets not forget my shiny Trophy of Most Helpful Poster of 2011
yeah I'm going to ride that for a while :P

But even with new things, I still cling to the past with others. But that is an very engaging story for another time.

Much like my last little shindig, which got over 50 pages long, this is going to be a mass accumulation of art. I do everything from sculpting, drawing, sketching, inking, coloring 3D modeling, and just about what ever else I can think of.

Comments and criticism is always welcome. And a little conversation from time to time never hurts either.

And If needed, I intend to keep my Whore thread open for new customers. Just be sure to read the rules of the rodeo before climbing on the bull.

Yeah that one was a joke.

So start this awesome sauce off I present Tankmen Steve.
Their has been a lot of unforeseen delays to this do to a new job. As mentioned once before already, I was lazy in some areas and rushing in some others.
The right arm and leg had some serious cracking issues that resulted in a lot of patching and even a complete rebuild on the upper arm . I also had an oversight of screwing the armature to the board and then had to cut the foot off to remove it, then I had to re-sculpt the foot all together, Yay what fun, right?

Anyway, enjoy the hospitality of the Old Code. May this be a great year for all of us.

Old Code Castle Art

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-01-01 18:20:53

Tankmen Steve.

Some wips

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-01-01 18:38:31

While working on Steve's base, I was working on sculpting some small stones sepperatly. I liked a couple of them, so I baked them. They are pretty small, so they might come in handy if I ever get around to using Miniatures again in D&D...

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-02-11 22:31:45

Wow, What a hectic year it has already been for me. Been Looking for a job, trying to further my skills at art, trying to be updated on the web (yeah that one is kind of failing) and trying to get a lot of new good quality work for that Gallery Show next year. Yeah lots of stuff, and this isn't even mentioning my crush I'm trying to woo. And to top it all off, I'm trying to do it all at once.
Well they say "What doesn't Kill you makes you stronger" and since we have determined that I can't be killed, well you can guess the rest.

Speaking of not being killed, my eyes got pretty fucked up the other day while working this temp job at a Wood Miller, and it has really put me on the ropes lately. My eyes hurt, and I look perpetually stoned, So I'm finally on the way to complete recovery from that

SO anyway, to the meat of this little soirée
Miss Dynamite Fan art.

Yay!
Wait, WTF No boobs?,
yeah... well..... FUCK YOU, thats why!

Anyway. This was done in about 20 minutes. I came across some and old link to MissDynamite.com and it brought up some nostalgia so yeah.

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-02-11 22:57:03

The full then and now sketch

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-02-24 00:47:13

BarBaroness Sketch
The initial pose was nice, but as usual I had no idea on what to do next and it fell apart.

This has so many flaws. The neck placement, the wrists, the sword, the hands....
Sigh, but I haven't posted in a while, so I have to post something....

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-03 15:36:52

So I bought a new comic book box last night, for comics of course, but after looking at it, and the one I already have all I can think of is; "Man, these plain white boxes are boring, they really need, something.."
and then it hit me like a half crazed cat going after a lazer light in a dark room full of catnip.
"Duh, I'm an artist, or so I claim, Why don't I do something to them"
And thus, I did.
For some reason I wanted to draw the Slurm logo from Futurama, but I wanted for it to be the Slurm Classic they mentioned from the Slurm Episode
I know the over all quality isn't great, I don't get the chance to mess with my markers much anymore. But what I wanna know is if this is kind of funny and worth the time spent doing the lid, or did I just waste the morning on some stupid bullshit nonsense.

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-03 15:42:28

My cat on the other hand, was not as pleased with the way I choose to waste my time

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-03 15:43:59

At 59 seconds ago, Kinsei01 wrote: My cat on the other hand, was not as pleased with the way I choose to waste my time

odd the photo didn't quite upload

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-03 15:48:46

At 5 minutes ago, Kinsei01 wrote: My cat on the other hand, was not as pleased with the way I choose to waste my time

Man this thread ain't gettin' nearly enough motherfucking attention. Here's to a great year, Kinsei, and you're off to a solid start.

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-03 15:54:42

At 5 minutes ago, Lintire wrote:
At 5 minutes ago, Kinsei01 wrote: My cat on the other hand, was not as pleased with the way I choose to waste my time
Man this thread ain't gettin' nearly enough motherfucking attention. Here's to a great year, Kinsei, and you're off to a solid start.

Haha,Thanks man.

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-04 02:09:26

I like the Slurm pic! I think it's pretty nice and I chuckled a bit, I don't think it's a waste of time to answer your question. Also, your cat is super cute, and I like his enthusiasm, or lackthereof. What's his/her name?

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-04 11:11:41

At 8 hours ago, Spaghetti14 wrote: I like the Slurm pic! I think it's pretty nice and I chuckled a bit, I don't think it's a waste of time to answer your question. Also, your cat is super cute, and I like his enthusiasm, or lackthereof. What's his/her name?

The cats name.... is Snowball...
I didn't name it, my sister and Nephew did. I ended up with the cat because my Nephew was too rough with the kitten. So she now lives with me.

I'd rather name her Satan's Spawn or something more appropriate

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-12 06:50:56

+1 Post
Er.. I mean randomness before I have to go to work.

Meh character portrait for a new D&D character, my last one had some issues and had to leave the party.... we... yeah.
Anyway I was trying to draw a more serious one but after two honest attempts I was like. Fuck this, and I drew a simpler one.
It looked better anyway.
The expression made sense when I fumbled a sense motive check against our thief when he stole, ahem, I mean allegedly stole my thieves tools and put his own crappy ones in their place

Ironic, no?

Fuck, anyone else feel like they have summoning sickness when they first wake up this early in the morning. I mean really it takes me an hour to keep from feeling like shit every morning after the alarm clock goes off. Ugh, bloody ell, 15 more minuets before I have to go toil my day away. I'll try and keep from hanging myself from the rafters.

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-12 08:30:11

At 1 hour ago, Kinsei01 wrote: Meh character portrait for a new D&D character, my last one had some issues and had to leave the party.... we... yeah.

Hey, cool. That look make it seem like playing a bit more light-hearted atmosphere than the avarage role-play... I'd like to know about the shenanigans that will surely happen in your quest!

Also: Beware with that MeowolaSS guy... I heard he's not castr... I mean, neutered...

Old Code Castle Art

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-12 08:49:52

At 8 days ago, Kinsei01 wrote: My cat on the other hand, was not as pleased with the way I choose to waste my time

Yes, Me thinks it was bad use off my boxes you knows, me be disliking that my boxes are used as containers for such upright books and the dungeons and the dragons, me puuurfer its if you put in clean washing for me to sleeps on tops of.

me founds it very hard to have good sleeps when you always drawing on my nap box!... meow <3

Meow <3

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-12 19:51:00

Ha-haha, Thanks guys that was a laugh I needed today :3

I'll be sure to post more of this party's antics as we go along.
I'll also post more.... boxes....yes... boxes...

Insert random pixel cube

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-13 22:22:22

At 17 hours ago, Larkatosa wrote: Great to see you Kinsei! :3

Great to see you too Trix.
Glad to see that life is going a bit better on track for you.

Thanks for the comments and criticism. I'll be sure to try and correct my mistakes next time, that is if I ever get the chance to draw again.

This job is sucking everything out of me :'(

Oh and the kitty says hello too.

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-20 16:26:36

my cat is making this much harder than it should be

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-20 18:21:44

At 1 hour ago, Kinsei01 wrote: my cat is making this much harder than it should be

So after fighting my cat off my drawing, I have finished it.
A lovely little perspective ink drawing I would think. Nothing spectacular, but I like it.

Comments?

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-20 18:26:19

At 4 minutes ago, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Kinsei01 wrote: my cat is making this much harder than it should be
So after fighting my cat off my drawing, I have finished it.
A lovely little perspective ink drawing I would think. Nothing spectacular, but I like it.

Comments?

The broken stairs seems a bit off to me. It looks like it was intentionally cut from the ground. O_O

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-20 18:39:17

At 9 minutes ago, BlackMist75 wrote: The broken stairs seems a bit off to me. It looks like it was intentionally cut from the ground. O_O

The broken parts kind of came up as a way to keep it from being too bland,
The stairs them selves are a little awkward as well. Mostly since the top parts and the bottom parts are at two slightly different angles. I intended for a much larger plateau initially, but it didn't come out as such.

I should have probably done one more step on the bottom as well...

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-21 15:05:21

I think I have been browsing the internet too much. I think I subconsciously copied the idea from this picture... again

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-21 15:28:18

At 3 minutes ago, Amaranthus wrote:
At 18 minutes ago, Kinsei01 wrote: I think I have been browsing the internet too much. I think I subconsciously copied the idea from this picture... again
That one is a gamble!

Ha, I'm neither good enough, or lucky enough for gambling

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-21 15:34:39

At 1 minute ago, Amaranthus wrote: I mean isn't copying risky?

Most likely. Good thing it isn't an exact copy

Either way could use some color.

Because I'm such a colorful person >.>

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-21 15:42:03

At 3 minutes ago, Amaranthus wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Amaranthus wrote: Either way could use some color.
Because I'm such a colorful person >.>
Yes

Touche...
I'll get around to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-22 05:33:28

At 14 hours ago, Kinsei01 wrote: I think I have been browsing the internet too much. I think I subconsciously copied the idea from this picture... again

i like this one, but i think the skirt looks too flat, around the sides it should follow the body. i may be wrong, anyway nice thread and it's no copy.

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-28 13:18:36

Not sure if I ever will get aound to coloring this... and knowing myself, probably not.

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-03-28 13:20:22

At 3/22/12 05:33 AM, mega-supreme wrote:
At 14 hours ago, Kinsei01 wrote: I think I have been browsing the internet too much. I think I subconsciously copied the idea from this picture... again
i like this one, but i think the skirt looks too flat, around the sides it should follow the body. i may be wrong, anyway nice thread and it's no copy.

Wow, I have some how glossed over this post and never saw it.... I have been really out of it lately... Must be the ponies effecting my brain...
Thanks for the support man

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-04-06 00:24:18

well... since I had Max open, I decided to dick around a little.
Is just goofin, its much too late to start a full on project....

Like that has stopped me before

Besides, If I was to do anything, it should be working on that WWII campaign that I have to run Saturday.

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature