00:00
00:00

New Year's Wishlist

1,436 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-26 23:36:49

Well Christmas has passed and the new year is coming upon us, 2012. With this event coming around the corner it is time to set pointless goals and achieve none of them. However it is also time to make pointless wishes that game developers aren't going to care about, but hey at least wishing will make you feel better right? So it's a wish list thread... so let's get started.

I wish for a Pokemon Fighting Game

Yeah, Pokemon has always been a fun RPG game. Very simple and perfect for travel. However I don't see why we don't have this transcend into a fighting game? They have everything already set up there all they have to do is give minor tweaks. Like your Pokemon's fighting move set would be determined by what attacks they have and what they learn leveling up. Different types of attacks would do different damage and it would all come full circle. There may be more that needs to be done, but you can't deny that it is at least an interesting idea.

I wish that the Wii U to be successful

Also those who don't like the Wii or Nintendo then you want it to be successful to. Why? Well simply because this console could be make or break for Nintendo. The Wii gave them a lot of money to play with and it seems they've been putting that into the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U. Well the Nintendo 3DS is doing okay for right now, no big games have come out for it yet besides Super Mario 3D Land and some remakes, but once more starts coming out it should pick up (also for those bitching about the price drop, Nintendo price drops all their consoles at one point, this is nothing new). So I hope that the Wii U will be successful, because if it is isn't and this does break Nintendo (doubt it) then Nintendo's games will be hitting other consoles. Not a bad thing, but still it will.

I wish the Video Game Forum would be better

Yes things are getting better over time, but it seems that whenever a popular franchise or game is brought up there is always one pessimistic little douche who has to be a downer or complete asshat. Being cautious is one thing, having doubts, and well collected opinions. However why do so many people have to either not have good enough arguments and then talk in circles or makes doubts based on little to no information already? I've made my complaints about the Video Game Forum and I still stand by them. There are great posters here such as Blaze-Heatnix, Auz, Bahamut, and Dean to name a few. Why can't others be like this? This just seems like the General forum, but with topics on Video Games instead of masturbation, cool story bro, and incest reverse shitting.

I wish people would stop bitching about GameStop

Yeah I know that's not gonna happen. We all know gamers have had problems with GameStop employees in the past, bad deals, or problems, and when it comes to trade-ins they end up screwing over the player as well as the developer at the same time. We all know this, so instead of continuously bitching, bring it up at GameStop, complain, threaten not to shop there anymore, boycott. Support your local video game store that isn't a GameStop or EB Games. I have a local one that gives me great deals on my trade-ins as well as a great selection of games to choose from that go all the way back to the Atari 2600. Also try shopping at big box stores such as Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy. If you think those places are evil then try flea markets, there are mom and pop game stores there that do trade-ins and offer brand new games as well, there are many options out there if you look hard enough. Remember kids, bitching doesn't always work, in fact it never works it just makes you look like a bitch.

I wish for an HD remake of Resident Evil 2

Hey Capcom. Yeah you been pulling some shit this year haven't you? Well I guess we can forgive you since you gave us Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica on the PS3 and XBOX 360 as downloadable HD titles. However when you decided to come to the Gamecube with Resident Evil 0 you came with a remake of Resident Evil 1. That was cool, oh and you re-released Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 on it as well, but many of us want a full fledged remake in HD of Resident Evil 2. Resident Evil 1 was average and didn't age well and by remaking it you made it even better. Resident Evil 2 has aged better than Resident Evil 1 and there is no reason why we shouldn't have this remake yet.

I wish for more love for Sonic nowadays

Yeah this sounds weird coming from a Mario fan, who grew up with Nintendo and never bothered with the Sega Genesis (Mega Drive). However Sonic has been releasing good games, with Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode 1, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations. The little blue guy is looking good. However his fanbase are impossible to please even with Sonic Generations. He doesn't seem to be doing too bad. Oh and speaking of him...

I wish for a proper Mario and Sonic crossover

Yeah when Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games came out I thought, okay this is a nice party game it's fun to see and it may be fun to play. Well I got one of those right. It was fun to see, but not to play. Then came Mario and Sonic at the Winter Games. What the fuck Nintendo and SEGA? You both are now friends, having your characters legitimately crossover. Don't you realize the game you people can make now? Better yet, don't you realize how much money it can make? A 2D/3D platformer involving Mario and Sonic, with characters from their respective lands, crossing over? Yeah I know this all sounds like Super Mario Bros. Z, but the concept is indeed genius and would make a wonderful game if done right. I mean come on, for one second take yourself out of a gamer's shoes and into a businessman's shoes. You know this game would sell big and make a lot of money and would be very popular if it was put together well. So what's the problem here?

I wish for Nintendo vs. SEGA

You know I'm getting tired of people always bringing up [fanboy squeal] vs. Capcom. I'm tired of seeing a list of characters from [fanboy squeal] put up against the army of Ryu, Ken, and other Capcom characters for the sake of using a Hadouken on a character from [fanboy squeal]. So instead of making Nintendo vs. Capcom, why not have Nintendo vs. SEGA. Both have characters and mascots that they could use and fill out their rosters with. So this could work out quite well.

I wish for people to go buy Fortune Street for the Wii

You a Nintendo fan? Feeling drab and dreary due to Mario Party? Well then get Fortune Street. It's a combination of Mario Party and Monopoly. I'm not joking. It is quite the fun game and I would like others to really take a look at this game if you're a Wii owner. It has been a game series that Japan has been playing for quite some time and we're just now getting it over here. Trust me I'm sure you'll have fun screwing over people if you're a fan of Monopoly and if you enjoy having fun and don't like the slow pace of Monopoly, then the Mario Party type mini-games will keep you interested.

So there's my wishlist. Will most of it come true? Well probably not. But who knows.

Questions of the Day
1. How were your holidays?
2. What is your 2012 Video Game Wishlist?

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-26 23:49:16

Fantastic! Finally got a hard cover copy of Lords of the Rings and the extended edition movies along with Uncharted 3 and Metal Gear Solid HD remake. Oh and a Swiss tech army knife! Got my older brother a Mass Effect hoodie with a fully paid pre-order of Mass Effect 3 in one of his pockets...took him an hour to find that lol.

Talked with a couple of friends, played some Dark Souls with them, spent time with the family, and finishing up some Skyrim (and pretty much getting all of the achievements). My brother and I bought Breaking Bad seasons 1 and 2 for our parents so I couldn't play on my PS3.

Bioshock Infinite to be mind blowing, The Last Guardian to FINALLY come out, Halo 4 to somehow have an amazing story, Dragon Age 3 NOT to be released that year, the Wii U to be successful, Ninja Gaiden 3 to be fantastic, Square Enix finally gets back on their saddle (as in they are profitable as the new FF looks pleasing), and...that's about it. This year has been pretty big for gamers so it's gonna be kind of hard for 2012 to top it.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 02:20:22

At 12/26/11 11:36 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Well Christmas has passed and the new year is coming upon us, 2012. With this event coming around the corner it is time to set pointless goals and achieve none of them. However it is also time to make pointless wishes that game developers aren't going to care about, but hey at least wishing will make you feel better right? So it's a wish list thread... so let's get started.

I wish for a Pokemon Fighting Game

One major issue, a character roster. What pokemon make it into the game? How can fans possibly be satisfied? How is X character that does make the cut justified as more important than Y character that didn't make the cut? Me, I'd be interested in an adventure/RPG esque game revolving around some of the more interesting pokemon like Mewtwo. Put in a good/bad aspect by having the story end with you defeating the evil syndicate of Team Rocket or obliterate the do-gooding gym leaders and members of the Elite Four in order to conquer Kanto as the ultimate life-form. Like shadow the hedgehog, but with good writing, voice actors, and gameplay.

I wish that the Wii U to be successful

because if it is isn't and this does break Nintendo (doubt it) then Nintendo's games will be hitting other consoles. Not a bad thing, but still it will.

That's...so un-inciteful. You want it to be successful, but believe nothing will change for some of our favorite series if it isn't?

Yes things are getting better over time, but it seems that whenever a popular franchise or game is brought up there is always one pessimistic little douche who has to be a downer or complete asshat.

Eh? Welcome to the fuckin' internet? Don't be so hurt when you see that one guy who hates some beloved classic or wants to start shitting on a game once the first screenshots are revealed. And don't dismiss them as "trolls" either. People can have radical opinions and sometimes not even have an intellectual way of expressing them (can't put them into words). There's just a difference between those who would hold their tongue if they have no argument to back themselves up, and the people who focus more on sounding the most "edgy" with their "rare and divine" opinions.

Example: I didn't like No More Heroes. In fact, I very much disliked just about every second of it. But I don't have legitimate reasons. It just didn't sit well with me. However, at the same time, I didn't like Final Fantasy VII. I can support that by bringing up what I thought were awful and uninspired character designs, horrendous bitmapped images that take the place of "backgrounds", localization errors, and characters that just make me want to punch somebody in the mouth. Obviously, I'm not expecting others to feel the same way about any of that, but forums are supposed to instigate conversation and critical thought. If somebody asked my opinion of the game, that's what I'd say. But I don't personally care enough about it to make an entire thread of just that.

I wish for an HD remake of Resident Evil 2

Hey Capcom. Yeah you been pulling some shit this year haven't you? Well I guess we can forgive you since you gave us Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica on the PS3 and XBOX 360 as downloadable HD titles.

What? I don't remember forgiving them for that! Code Veronica has become an exceptionally rare game that a rerelease would do it justice, but RE4 is on seven different platforms now. It's been seven years since your first GOTY success with the series Capcom, let it rest. Also, I saw no graphical differences with the "HD" visuals. It's the same game for crying out loud.

Resident Evil 2 has aged better than Resident Evil 1 and there is no reason why we shouldn't have this remake yet.

As a fan of the series, honestly...I could live without one. I mean, Darkside Chronicles was a great re-envisioning of the story, but I think all the want for a RE2 or RE3 remake is just fans wanting a classic-style installment for the series as they always wanted. Fixed camera angles, enemies that don't go down with a handgun shot and melee attack, all the aspects of the gameplay that really made the player stay on edge and nervous. Operation Raccoon City seems not just a "no" but a "f*** you" to those desires. A classic style RE game in this generation is entirely possible, I love me some Dead Space and Left 4 Dead any day, but the survival horror genre isn't dead, is simply raring for some daring devoloper to go back to basics and take some different approaches.

I wish for more love for Sonic nowadays

Yeah this sounds weird coming from a Mario fan, who grew up with Nintendo and never bothered with the Sega Genesis (Mega Drive).

That's funny, I didn't know I had to know that about you prior to clicking on this thread.

I wish for Nintendo vs. SEGA

You know I'm getting tired of people always bringing up [fanboy squeal] vs. Capcom. I'm tired of seeing a list of characters from [fanboy squeal] put up against the army of Ryu, Ken, and other Capcom characters for the sake of using a Hadouken on a character from [fanboy squeal].

Heh, can't blame us, can you? It's not that we all want more ______ vs. Capcom, it's that we know Capcom is the only company that's down with the idea of crossover fighters. Say what you want about what they've done to Megaman, Resident Evil, and such, these guys can do fanservice, and they do it well. To the point of a game having a criminally low amount of content selling like hotcakes; like Marvel vs. Capcom 3!

My question is, why does every crossover have to be a fighter?

So instead of making Nintendo vs. Capcom, why not have Nintendo vs. SEGA. Both have characters and mascots that they could use and fill out their rosters with. So this could work out quite well.

Because that's the only concern for making a satisfying fighting game, the roster. See, this is why I don't play fighting games.

I wish for people to go buy Fortune Street for the Wii

Sounds enticing.

Questions of the Day

Being young enough to still receive present from parents, I made out like a bandit on cheap, used games I've been meaning to try out. Oh, and the time off from daily algebra homework is doing wonders for my sanity.

To get some kind of trailer for the new Smash Bros. game before the year is out, but to be content in knowing they'll be spending several years developing it as they always do. I want Paper Mario 3D to be the Paper Mario 3 I've been dreaming about since I was young and watching the credits roll for Thousand Year Door. And also, for that to be the last Mario game for a year or so. Give the guy a break, he's been overworked for years now. I also want trailers for Pikmin 3, a new F-Zero game, and a Crash Bandicoot reboot. To be specific, a story reboot like the Legend of Spyro, where we have origin stories for the main characters, but have the same colorful and creative level designs that the original games did. And finally, a new Pokemon game developed by Genius Sonority, the same guys that did Colosseum and Gale of Darkness on the Gamecube. Yeah, it was a spinoff series, but it was a great spinoff series. I still can't believe they didn't reuse the Battle Revolution engine in order to make a third game for the series. They had most of the work on character models already made!

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 03:26:29

I wish for The Last Guardian.

I wish for some more Thief 4 info, and it not going the way of Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 03:42:37

I wish for South Park: The Game to be a success.
I've always appreciated Matt and Trey's writing style, even when they're simply parodying real life events. It's unique, funny, and for them to finally get to work on a full length RPG adventure is something I'm looking forward to. I just hope it's not a disappointment.

I wish for Minecraft to actually have more consistent updates.
Like hell the game is finished. They're not even close, and now that Notch is out of the picture, maybe we won't see the leader of the game's development drop out for a holiday every two weeks. I want to see better optimisation, more features, and improved combat/pvp. Will it happen? Well, it is only a WISHlist, isn't it?

I wish for Rockstar's new GTA5 to be a success.
This is their last chance to save a great series. Don't fuck it up.

I wish for a Pokemon MMO.
One can dream..

I wish for the next generation of consoles to be released.
Not so much because I want to use them, but because they're holding back the industry so much with their outdated hardware.

And last but not relevant: I want series 3 of FiM to be a good season. Oh, and I want Deviantart shut down.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 04:38:56

At 12/27/11 02:20 AM, Gustavos wrote: One major issue, a character roster. What pokemon make it into the game? How can fans possibly be satisfied? How is X character that does make the cut justified as more important than Y character that didn't make the cut?

Well if they took a look at Shaq Fu in how you could move about the world and fight who you wanted to in each area, they could still have it work like Pokemon, except the battling would be fighting instead of turn based RPG.

Me, I'd be interested in an adventure/RPG esque game revolving around some of the more interesting pokemon like Mewtwo. Put in a good/bad aspect by having the story end with you defeating the evil syndicate of Team Rocket or obliterate the do-gooding gym leaders and members of the Elite Four in order to conquer Kanto as the ultimate life-form. Like shadow the hedgehog, but with good writing, voice actors, and gameplay.

That would sound awesome.

That's...so un-inciteful. You want it to be successful, but believe nothing will change for some of our favorite series if it isn't?

Yes things are getting better over time, but it seems that whenever a popular franchise or game is brought up there is always one pessimistic little douche who has to be a downer or complete asshat.

There's just a difference between those who would hold their tongue if they have no argument to back themselves up, and the people who focus more on sounding the most "edgy" with their "rare and divine" opinions.

The ones who go for the "edgy" and "rare and divine" opinions are the ones I have problems with. Also judging a game before it even comes out.

What? I don't remember forgiving them for that! Code Veronica has become an exceptionally rare game that a rerelease would do it justice, but RE4 is on seven different platforms now. It's been seven years since your first GOTY success with the series Capcom, let it rest. Also, I saw no graphical differences with the "HD" visuals. It's the same game for crying out loud.

I'll go half way with you on Resident Evil 4. Yeah it's on many different consoles, but some of them have different things in them. Besides for the XBOX 360 owners, this gives them a chance to pick up the game if they missed out on it the first time through.

As a fan of the series, honestly...I could live without one. I mean, Darkside Chronicles was a great re-envisioning of the story, but I think all the want for a RE2 or RE3 remake is just fans wanting a classic-style installment for the series as they always wanted. Fixed camera angles, enemies that don't go down with a handgun shot and melee attack, all the aspects of the gameplay that really made the player stay on edge and nervous.

Well I don't know what I would want in the remake all I know is I would like to see what Capcom could do with it.

Operation Raccoon City seems not just a "no" but a "f*** you" to those desires. A classic style RE game in this generation is entirely possible, I love me some Dead Space and Left 4 Dead any day, but the survival horror genre isn't dead, is simply raring for some daring devoloper to go back to basics and take some different approaches.

I'm quite interested in Operation Raccoon City.

Heh, can't blame us, can you? It's not that we all want more ______ vs. Capcom, it's that we know Capcom is the only company that's down with the idea of crossover fighters. Say what you want about what they've done to Megaman, Resident Evil, and such, these guys can do fanservice, and they do it well. To the point of a game having a criminally low amount of content selling like hotcakes; like Marvel vs. Capcom 3!

Well first of all yeah I can blame the gamers who keep wanting _______ vs. Capcom. I know it's all fanservice and there is nothing wrong with that, it's harmless, but I want something more when it comes to a crossover. Is that asking too much?

Because that's the only concern for making a satisfying fighting game, the roster. See, this is why I don't play fighting games.

I'm not talking about a fighting game. I'm talking about a platformer. Something outside of fighting.

Crash Bandicoot

Yeah I would love to see a reboot for Crash Bandicoot myself. I mean Naughty Dog has shown what they can do on the PS3. Let's see them go back to Crash again.

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 06:00:13

Questions of the Day

They sucked on so many levels that I resent you for making me think about them.

I wish that the world can finally move away from the military shooter genre, and for the industry to finally see some shooters the likes of which Hard Rest brought us.

I wish for the Wii U's tablet capabilities to not be as shitty as the uDraw mechanics that ubisoft heaped with the Wii. That one I believe actually has promise, and I hope that it just overall plays well.

I wish for indie games to stew out another batch of creative and challenging titles, and I hope that the AAA batch takes a cue from them.

I wish that pirates would stop with their shit. Seriously, there's nothing to be gained here other then some free shit. Stop it, assholes. Those producer guys are assholes too, but you're the source of this revolving clusterfuck of reactionary measures.

I wish that the entire Videogame industry, the fanbases and everything as a whole just will start to suck a bit less.

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 06:07:17

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 07:07:00

At 12/27/11 06:07 AM, Gasthecar wrote: This and only this

I love you now.

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 09:27:14

My 2012 wishlist consists of all the games I want to see. Half-Life 2: Episode 3/Half-Life 3 is a big one but I also wish we could finally hear Psychonauts 2 being made. There is no game more deserving of a sequel. I would like Sega to go back to Ecco the Dolphin and finally make the third title which was meant to follow The Tides of Time. They only left the series at a weird cliffhanger.

Now that Stranger's Wrath HD is now on PS3, Oddworld Inhabitants finally need to get their butts in gear and start making actual new Oddworld games. We've seen enough re-releases and HD remakes already and you can't keep relying on this to keep you alive. Last but not least is the fourth season of Sam & Max. I'd say The Devil's Playhouse put the franchise at its very top and to make something just as good, if not, better than it will be a challenge for Telltale. Considering how season 3 ended, there is a lot they can do for the new season. Hopefully there's light on more Sam & Max once they have Jurassic Park out of the way.

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 10:42:28

At 12/26/11 11:36 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Questions of the Day

Great ideas, I like them.
1. Great thanks, got Battlefield 3, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary and Dead Space 2.

2. Grand Theft Auto V and Bioshock Infinite. BI looks amazing, I found the normal Bioshock games a little bit boring but this looks really fun and unique. GTA V's trailer was cool, and I'm sure since its a Rockstar game it'll be brilliant. Max Payne 3 seems interesting but I'm not sure about it since I haven't played any other games in the series. Mass Effect 3 maybe, although I haven't played the first two which I'm a bit annoyed about since I love sci fi - not really an RPG fan though I suppose. I don't think I liked the ME2 demo either. Possibly Halo 4, but to be honest I'm not very enthusiastic about it at all.

Apart from those I don't know any other games coming out next year - there should be some great sequels announced though in the coming months! Hopefully Mirror's Edge 2. Call of Duty 9 (likely Black Ops 2) will almost definitely come out next year which I'm pretty sure I won't get, unless its groundbreaking and a great deviation from the usual stuff we get with CoD.

god

BBS Signature

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 10:48:46

I hope we get some news on Doom 4. That's about it. Hopefully it will have a strong 1v1 component. God knows that is what modern cookie-cutter FPS games.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

:3

BBS Signature

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 12:28:27

i wish for battletoads to be rereleased in 3d for the 3ds

i also wish for black people to be segredated

hey

BBS Signature

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 12:50:03

At 12/26/11 11:36 PM, The-Great-One wrote: 1. How were your holidays?

Not bad at all - albeit more quiet than I'm usually used to. As a whole, I definitely enjoyed them, especially getting back into my comforting old habits of games and Newgrounds taking prevalence over my time. :3

The first thing that comes to mind is for the full sequel to Mount and Blade to be released. The first game was an extremely great game that felt overall original but lacked a lot of polish likely because it was create by an absolutely tiny studio (compromised of a single man an his wife), and now the studio has expanded an through two expansions (if that's the right word to call them) a lot has been added and with each release everything seems to be improving, so with a complete overhaul working from the ground up creating everything from scratch I can see a definite contender for my favourite game in a long time coming out. I know it was only announced last month, but supposedly some work on 'project obvious', which I can only really think of being a full sequel, I'm getting the impression that perhaps they're a little bit further along than many people expect - that's not to say that I want them to rush - I don't think an early release is on the cards and if not, I wouldn't want a half-finished product to arise.

I'm also very interested in terms of the setting. Although the vanilla game and Warband were set in the continent of Calradia, I'm not sure what they could do to bring this further as it was implied that uniting the factions was the most common ultimate goal for the game and if it's implied that you're likely to do so then how they intend to continue it beats me - the two likely things that I can think of are either that you'll exist in a reunified Calradian Empire facing against exterior threats or it'll go down the path of With Fire and Sword - perhaps going for a real-world setting, maybe taking the later date and era from that game, too. I'd certainly like to see a WFAS where the playable world doesn't just cut out a third-way through a continent.

I'm also very interested in what Paradox are doing right now. As far as I know, CK2 is coming very near to its release, scheduled to be put to the public in February, and although they have other projects like the standalone Magna Mundi game, that's mainly worked on by the people whom created the original Europa Universalis mod, like Darkest Hour was to Hearts of Iron, meaning the majority of the main development studio will soon no longer be engaged in work, and they tend to get a lot of work one in comparatively short spaces of time, other than the previously mentioned CK2, which took quite some time.

I'm personally hoping for a completely new IP that explores a different era to their current ones. HoI already focusses on the 20th Century, Victoria on the 19th an 18th, whereas the main EU3 covers from there all the way back to 1400 or so and CK/EU:Rome focus even further back. I'd like to see what they'd come up with in terms of game mechanics if it were set in the modern era - although I can imagine with the general peacefulness (I know there are exceptions, but there always are) it would tend to get slightly boring - perhaps with the UN working similarly to the HRE in EU3, but any attempt at making modern day mods for other games usually lead to constant wars between major nations and that's the only way of keeping things relatively fast paced. I'd definitely be interested in hearing what they'd think - perhaps starting it in the near future rather than the past, where things could have gone downhill or something along those lines.

I also have to agree with you, especially on the first two. Firstly, I have a big soft spot for Nintendo and would love to see the Wii U finding success. I grew up playing constant games of theirs, primarily on the GB and such - through that I have an attachment to them and wish the best. It seems that they've pinned their future on this particular console and I'm nervous as to how well it'll be received. I've heard a lot of negativity overall from a lot of people on the internet, but it seems better than what I hear (at least now) for the original Wii, and it's likely to be simply from the wrong crowd than those whom it is intended for. I'm excited and yet cautious for its release.

On your other point, a Pokemon fighting game - that's certainly a very interesting idea. I recall hearing a long time ago about a Japanese released only one quite some time ago, but I'd certainly love to see a game like that encompassing the Pokemon universe, the time-sink of my entire childhood. Perhaps some balancing issues would be found with such a huge roster, and how to implement the possible movesets and such - I have no idea how to do so well - but the prospect would excite me and I'd likely get into that a lot.

I've saved it for last as perhaps it's generic, but something that I'd completely and utterly love to see is for Half-Life 2 to finally get another sequel or even the final episodic pack in the trilogy that has supposedly been going to come for such a long time. Perhaps it may be disappointing after all of this time, but what can be guaranteed is that even if not it'd certainly be a great game and continue the story that hasn't been explored further since 2007 - what would be five years soon enough.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 14:28:52

fuck i need a new wallet shhhhh ;)

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 20:21:38

Half Life 3

Left 4 Dead 3

Time Splitters 4

new Gauntlet game with 4 player local co-op

Kratos being available as DLC for the 360 version of Mortal Kombat

Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter having some of the cooler SF3 characters like Q or 12 and each having Hwoarang and Yoshimitsu

new DLC characters for Marel VS Capcom 3

the composer, Noriyuki Asakura (Tenchu series, Way of the Samurai series) getting more work for scoring games

something new and awesome by Tim Shaffer

the Wii getting plenty more good new titles well after the Wii U release

more PC and PS3 exclusives getting X Box 360 ports

several of the games that got my interest but I've not yet purchased having a nice decrease in price

3DS XL existing, and a lowered price at some point

Wii U having a port of Silent Scope

Nintendo not being so concerned about being family friendly anymore

lots of good third party titles for the Wii U

Zero and Knuckles being in the next Super Smash Bros game

huge price drop for PS3, as well as HD TVs and Blu Ray discs

whatever DLC that's being made for Skyrim taking place in another country. Perhaps the player takes a longboat or rad, viking-looking ship with one of those dragon heads on the front and it goes to Summerset Isle. I dunno.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 20:23:29

Oh, and I second the idea of a new Jedi Knight game as long as you can create your own character like in the first one. I'd want it to be open world like Elder Scrolls, though, and being able to choose to be Sith or Jedi.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-27 21:05:06

I have high hopes for the new Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-29 05:06:42

At 12/27/11 06:00 AM, Lintire wrote: I wish that the entire Videogame industry, the fanbases and everything as a whole just will start to suck a bit less.

Can't believe I overlooked this one. I agree with this one 100%.

Response to New Year's Wishlist 2011-12-29 10:58:10

Good, I got a laptop that I'm using full-time now, it was just meant to sit around and be used for music only, but it's too nice to ignore and my desktop sucks balls in comparison, so I'm just keeping it clean, not downloading with it, etc.
I got a lot of money too, felt like a real baller until I spent it all on new clothes, now I just feel like I have nice clothes and I guess that's cool too. I also got a job, but they're ripping me off on my pay cheques and that ain't right yo.

I bought myself Drake's Deception for XMas, and I beat it right away. I wanted to platinum it but I just have no ambition to go through a second time really. Maybe in a few weeks or so.

Besides that, I dunno... I hate this time of year cuz my buddy died last year around this time. So ultimately it sucks balls.

I want that new Playstation Vita to kick ass, but really I'm not one for handheld gaming much anymore, so I don't know if I will even bother with it...

I want The Last of Us to launch and be amazing, though I would be happy waiting until 2013 for it, as long as it is good. I don't want ND to rush it, but it seems like it's their top priority right now and they have been working on it slowly in the past two years. So if we're lucky we'll get it this year, that'd be nice...

I want new consoles to wait a bit, 2015 or so, I'm aware that they aren't launching this year but it's still something that is on my mind a lot lately. It feels like it's too soon for new consoles, I know some people will disagree with me on that but I'm really content with the PS3 and 360 right now, and I don't care for the Wii much at all.

I don't know what to think about the Wii U, it doesn't seem very promising. In my opinion, Nintendo is not doing so good lately. I haven't looked at any statistics or anything on how much money they're gaining from their products or anything, but just comparing Nintendo to Microsoft and Sony, I feel like they're eating dust right now. Maybe that will change, and I am a Nintendo fan, but not a fan boy, I wouldn't like to see them be out of business within the next ten years, but it really wouldn't surprise me.

Ultimately, I don't care what happens with gaming lately, not this year anyway... I'm not expecting much and it doesn't seem like much big things happen with gaming unless it's a new console being launched. So whatever, gaming isn't a huge deal for me anymore like it once was, I only buy a few games here and there, and I really don't even have the time for them nowadays, I hope some amazing games come out that will get me back in the mood to play like I used to, but it just seems very unlikely.

Yeah, whatever.