00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Musical Misadventures need animator

3,774 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My friend PerfectFourth is working on a project called Musical Misadventures. To summarize it up, what happens when a dysfunctional choir class put on a musical? They get Walker Texas Ranger: The musical.

We're looking for any and all animators for the project to help this go along. We know it's an intensive proposition and we can take any animation help (plus we will credit you). Since it is the winter time, we're hoping that during your spare time you can help us out and get this started!

I don't know if money will be involved, but if it comes to that, we'll work on splitting it.

For more info please email wparadox [at] comcast.net

If you're interested in it in general please also email us and get back to us.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2011-12-22 01:20:44

Here's a demo of Musical Misadventures that we were working on.

If we can get more animators to work on it, it would really help!

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2011-12-24 11:07:01

I'm going to attach part of the script below so you can read it:

Carlton: "Hey Mr. Plateau..."

Pleateau: "For the last time, it's Platoo."

Carlton: "Alright Mr. Plateau."

Pleateau: "Ugh..."

Carlton: "I wanted to pitch some ideas."

Pleateau: "What for?"

Carlton: "Our school musical this year."

Pleateau: "Okay. Fire. Tell me what are you thinking of."

Carlton: "Well, how about we do Les Misérables."

Pleateau: "No, too expensive."

Carlton: "Okay, how about Music Man?"

Pleateau: "Too overdone."

Carlton: "Phantom of the Opera?"

Pleateau: "Too expensive and overdone."

Carlton: "Oooh, how about Godspell? I've been in that!"

Pleateau: "Do you really want the school board to slap us with the whole separation
of church and state shtick again?"

Carlton: "Yeah, I guess you're right. ....."

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2011-12-24 18:48:47

Can you show something for the humor in your idea? I can see the potential in the idea, which sounds hilarious, I want to see how funny you are :)

Current Projects

Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)

Project Godai Dynasty (Game)

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2011-12-25 02:33:29

At 12/24/11 06:48 PM, cmkinusn wrote: Can you show something for the humor in your idea? I can see the potential in the idea, which sounds hilarious, I want to see how funny you are :)

Good question, I'll answer this as straightforward as I can:
The humor itself comes from the voices and the acting itself, though I don't think you can get that straight from the dialogue itself. I'm a bit hesitant to put up the dialouge and that's only because of me not seeing a way to put a Creative Commons Copyright on the track. But if enough people are interested, or if I can get access to my hard drive (which ever comes first) I'll put it up.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2011-12-25 18:07:52

I get where you are coming from about the humor coming from the acting and voices, so perhaps you should display another piece you have done that is unrelated? (incomplete as well, since you are worried about theft)

Current Projects

Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)

Project Godai Dynasty (Game)

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2011-12-25 23:04:38

At 12/25/11 06:07 PM, cmkinusn wrote: I get where you are coming from about the humor coming from the acting and voices, so perhaps you should display another piece you have done that is unrelated? (incomplete as well, since you are worried about theft)

Let me see what I can do. Maybe I can get the story board, which I think can help things.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2011-12-28 00:56:09

I checked with our head animator and she unfotunately cannot find where the story board is. I will work on getting a part of the audio up within the next couple of days.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-01 22:51:01

I looked into the matter and though that it won't hurt uploading the audio in a place where the time limit for the files will be here.
Here's a part of the audio for Carlton, one of the students in the show.
http://www.mediafire.com/?w6phejfs6cgjgq y

Once again we need animators for this project to happen!

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-01 22:57:51

Sorry for double posting but talking to PerfectFouth, she simply described a way to put the project: Think Glee on crack.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-06 19:04:26

I found some sketches for episode 2. I will post them up ASAP. Please, if you can animate, help us out!

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-06 23:03:36

I am currently trying to be more active on newgrounds. so I suppose I can help. The first animation you head animator put together should have shown more though. I think I can deal with the style, but I didn't see the way she makes things work and move and such. There wasn't enough animation shown. Perhaps you could give us a better idea of what she animates like. Like give us a few roughs or something... And of course, as you already know. Story board wouldn't hurt.

Check out my music at http://gamekrazzyproduction.newgrou nds.com/audio/

*GamekrazzyProduction*

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-07 19:27:09

At 1/6/12 11:03 PM, GamekrazzyProduction wrote: I am currently trying to be more active on newgrounds. so I suppose I can help. The first animation you head animator put together should have shown more though. I think I can deal with the style, but I didn't see the way she makes things work and move and such. There wasn't enough animation shown. Perhaps you could give us a better idea of what she animates like. Like give us a few roughs or something... And of course, as you already know. Story board wouldn't hurt.

Here's a link to show you how she animates.

I or her cannot find the first episode's storyboard but I'll put up the 2nd episode's story board.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-09 23:53:27

Slight change of plans, PerfectFouth is currently working on the storyboard for 1 and I'll still work on getting Epd. 2 scanned.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-10 01:17:54

Wow, those are some nice animations, and she definately likes Megaman Legends. :P It's alright, so do I. :D
I guess I'm in then! Also, do we get to sing? :D

Check out my music at http://gamekrazzyproduction.newgrou nds.com/audio/

*GamekrazzyProduction*

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-11 10:38:23

Right now, I have no idea as we've pre-recorded a lot for the couple of episodes, but maybe down the road later. I don't want to make promises I can't keep.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-14 05:30:24

Here is the link to Episode 2 Storyboard! Episode 1 will eventually come soon.

Episode 1's storyboard is probably with PerfectFourth right now.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-17 10:40:39

Once again, if you know anyone who can animate, or if you animate, please contact us!

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-19 12:32:51

We already got one animator on board with another one almost ready to jump in as well. Please if you know any animators who would like to do this project, I would appreciate it if they messaged me!

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-19 13:20:15

i would like to work one this so id like to know what we need to do and the art style of the animation

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-19 13:45:38

Here is how she animates.

Here's what we're working on, Episode 2.

Give me an hour or two and I will set you up with everything.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-19 22:34:57

Okay sorry for the long wait. I have everything available, I'm now going to PM it to you.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-23 09:26:37

Just to give an update, we still are looking for animators. Everything has been going well so far and it looks like we're really getting some content out!

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-27 09:08:54

Hey Megasonic Drive, I've uploaded your part! I want to hear back from yon on how the animation is going.

Overall, the project seems to be going well so far and everyone has been definitely helping. If you are an animator, we still need some to help out!

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-01-29 18:04:26

Hello everyone,

One of our animators had had to drop out because of personal commitments and so we need a new animator to help us out with this project!

Once again, if you, or anyone you know, can animate please contact us!

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-02-04 15:31:51

Hi everyone, once again our project looks to be going full steam ahead, but we could use some animators to help us out with the work load. Please if you or anyone you know can animate we would appreciate if you can join us.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-02-08 11:14:31

Here's a pic of some of the main characters: Link

We still need animators. Even though some of the animators have been working hard, I want to make sure they're not overburdened.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-02-13 21:18:42

General bump. IF you can animate, we would like you to help us out with this project. It will be in 15 fps (that way animators don't have to feel too stressed).

Thanks!

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-06-26 08:32:05

At 2/13/12 09:18 PM, Kirielson wrote: General bump. IF you can animate, we would like you to help us out with this project. It will be in 15 fps (that way animators don't have to feel too stressed).

Thanks!

Sorry for necroing this thread but to give you decent update:
1) One of our animators has been making progress by having a scene done for our project
2) Another animator has dropped out because of time constraints.

We still need animators to work on the project. You can email me here so we can catch you up to speed and get this done!

Thanks for your patients.

Response to Musical Misadventures need animator 2012-06-27 16:00:33

Project is in process,

Character art, storyboard, script and trail voice recordings available.

If you can animate frame by frame you are welcome to join our team.