00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lets say god dosn't exist...

2,500 Views | 33 Replies

Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:08:12

if he dosn't, what do you think will happen when we die. If you say complete darkness, how would our brain process the nothingness. Explain to me plz.

“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.”-Orson Welles

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:08:56

Our brain wouldn't process the nothingness, because your brain would cease function and decay.

It would be like before you were born. Don't remember? Exactly.

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:12:37

Remember before you were born? I'm sure you don't, since your did not have a brain to process anything. Same happens when you die. There is no 'darkness,' as that implies one would still retain a modicum of consciousness despite not having a brain.

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:13:28

At 11/13/11 06:08 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: Our brain wouldn't process the nothingness, because your brain would cease function and decay.

And what was it like before I was born then. It was probably blackness. I won't be alive again to acknowledge the fact that it was something. If I'm never alive again, then what happens in that time I can't remember?

“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.”-Orson Welles

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:16:23

At 11/13/11 06:13 PM, maxninja234 wrote:
At 11/13/11 06:08 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: Our brain wouldn't process the nothingness, because your brain would cease function and decay.

And what was it like before I was born then. It was probably blackness.

That's what he just said.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:16:54

imagine being asleep before a dream theres nothing there and you cant remember it because YOU HAVE NO BRAIN TO PROCESS ANYTHING

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:17:47

It's simply nothingness, like when you are sleeping or as the best example which was stated before : It's like before you were born

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:20:57

At 11/13/11 06:16 PM, beardkiller wrote: imagine being asleep before a dream theres nothing there and you cant remember it because YOU HAVE NO BRAIN TO PROCESS ANYTHING

But I wake up in the morning and acknowledge that. I don't wake from death. There has to be a diffrence from dreams and death. I can't see the nothing when I die. How is nothing possible. There needs to be something. Visions? Another life? Maybe not an actual life persay, but a vision of another life that dosn't exist?

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:21:48

At 11/13/11 06:13 PM, maxninja234 wrote: And what was it like before I was born then. It was probably blackness. I won't be alive again to acknowledge the fact that it was something. If I'm never alive again, then what happens in that time I can't remember?

It is admirable that you choose to pursue the philosophy of life after death, in the manner of what an eternity after your death would entail.

But please be wary, the way you phrase "it was probably blackness" would not help you in any form of debate, no matter the subject. "Probably" implies you haven't explored the subject enough to make statements backed up by facts. This can be very dangerous to you own ability to rationalize information that is given to you from the outside world.

I don't mean to be rude about it or anything, it just stuck out to me and thought I'd give some advice on the subject. I've come across a number of people much older than I who throw around "it's probably this, I think it's that" phrases, and then try to impose that belief onto others. It just makes them look like immense, misguided dicks.

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:28:35

I believe in Reincarnation. So I just come back in a new life.

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:30:22

At 11/13/11 06:21 PM, STEM wrote:
At 11/13/11 06:13 PM, maxninja234 wrote: And what was it like before I was born then. It was probably blackness. I won't be alive again to acknowledge the fact that it was something. If I'm never alive again, then what happens in that time I can't remember?
It is admirable that you choose to pursue the philosophy of life after death, in the manner of what an eternity after your death would entail.

But please be wary, the way you phrase "it was probably blackness" would not help you in any form of debate, no matter the subject. "Probably" implies you haven't explored the subject enough to make statements backed up by facts. This can be very dangerous to you own ability to rationalize information that is given to you from the outside world.

I don't mean to be rude about it or anything, it just stuck out to me and thought I'd give some advice on the subject. I've come across a number of people much older than I who throw around "it's probably this, I think it's that" phrases, and then try to impose that belief onto others. It just makes them look like immense, misguided dicks.

Ok...one last thing. If there is nothing, such as in dreams, we can't acknowledge it. Thats what people say. I think we can. It would be impossible to see nothing and not remember it. As long as were in a dream we can at least wake up and say, "Hey nothing happened,". People say we can't do that at death. I think we can. I want everyone to keep an open mind.

Maybe we could be dead right now. There is no possible wway we could tell. After this life has passed it is as if we were born again. We'll have no memory or way to prove it again though. I don't want to make people mad by bashing religeon in any way. I just want everyone to know about this.

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:31:46

Personaly i just wanna see what happens and if possible inform the still living

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:32:22

You'll be nothing. Hard to explain.

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:44:01

the way i see it, region is to help people put them at ease with the idea with of death. everyone is scared of it but in today's day and age the people are more about science and will all be like "o yea your brain decays, so its like what you were before you were born" but if you want to believe that there is a place that you'll go to after you die, then believe that and it shouldn't matter what other people think. keep that to yourself otherwise you'll make some enemies.

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:45:26

At 11/13/11 06:44 PM, patrick274 wrote:

BROTHER :D

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:47:29

At 11/13/11 06:44 PM, patrick274 wrote: the way i see it, region is to help people put them at ease with the idea with of death. everyone is scared of it but in today's day and age the people are more about science and will all be like "o yea your brain decays, so its like what you were before you were born" but if you want to believe that there is a place that you'll go to after you die, then believe that and it shouldn't matter what other people think. keep that to yourself otherwise you'll make some enemies.

My god an intelligent post that ive read in full thanks for the dose of smartness NG will grow from it...possibly...not very possibly but the chance is fathomable if people read it

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 18:49:56

The existence of God alone does not change our experiences after this life. So to say "Let's say God doesn't exist" makes little sense.

But, I cannot answer the question because, to me, it would be like asking "what would it be like if 2+2=5?".

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 19:35:06

Who cares?
Reincarnation I dunno.
Makes more sense that the whole...
"LOL YOUR IN A CLUB FULL OF EVERYONE THAT HAS DIED LOL"
So.... Yeah, Doesnt make much sense does it?

I Hereby post the blame on You

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 19:38:27

death is just the absence of life

Wut wut

$imlunchboxx

Buy ImLunchboxx dm me NOW!

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 19:45:56

At 11/13/11 06:08 PM, maxninja234 wrote: if he dosn't, what do you think will happen when we die. If you say complete darkness, how would our brain process the nothingness. Explain to me plz.

The brain wouldn't process nothingness, because when you die, all processes cease completely. It's like smashing your computer into little bits. You can't fix it, and it will never run again. That is all death is.

So, why fear death if when you're dead, you won't be able to care one way or another? It's very difficult to fathom or accept something you've never experienced before, which is why we fear death.

In truth, however, death is very peaceful. Death is the ultimate escape. Where all troubles, worries, and emotions cease. Death is peaceful, life is chaotic. Not that I want to die anytime soon, but I understand that my fear of death is irrational and inconsequential.

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 19:51:22

ITT: Everybody says it'd be like it was before you were born.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 19:53:24

At 11/13/11 06:08 PM, maxninja234 wrote: If you say complete darkness,

Saying complete darkness sort of implies that we would be able to experience said darkness.

how would our brain process the nothingness.

It wouldn't, hence the term "nothingness".

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 20:24:29

At 11/13/11 07:38 PM, ImlunchBoxx wrote: death is just the absence of life

so eventually life returns and then becomes absence soon after. repeats over and over. kind of like the circle of life that runs non-stop

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 20:29:52

At 11/13/11 06:13 PM, maxninja234 wrote:
And what was it like before I was born then. It was probably blackness. I won't be alive again to acknowledge the fact that it was something. If I'm never alive again, then what happens in that time I can't remember?

before you were Conceved you did not have the parts of the brain needed to process the images that were coming from your eyes

when you get NO DATA you see black

lacking the parts of the brain to comprehend it though

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-13 21:07:09

um do you guys even care about what your talking about?

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-29 00:11:13

I like to kidnap threads via bump so what

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-29 00:12:41

I really have no idea.

This is exactly why I feel sorry for those dead for centuries.

The Lonely Island = Best. Band. EBARR!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-29 01:57:57

At 11/13/11 09:13 PM, Timchik wrote: Let's say you're intelligent and can make good threads...

Your the brightest of them all.

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-29 05:57:20

If god didn't exist then the universe wouldn't exist.

Click my sig, it says so.

BBS Signature

Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... 2011-11-29 06:23:06

Let's say threads like this should go in the political forum.

/thread.

BBS Signature