00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Archcee5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Cd 2011 Project Results!

88,944 Views | 620 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-14 21:00:28

I like the idea of UNICEF...

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-14 22:37:18

At 11/14/11 09:00 PM, samulis wrote: I like the idea of UNICEF...

I wouldn't give a cent to anything public -_-

But im not too knowledgeable in charities either way.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 00:03:40

At 11/14/11 05:50 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: - Is it cool if I mix the previews to be submitted to NG? (I'm a DJ so I've got
some experience)

Sure dude that would be way cool! :D

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 00:07:27

what about the Gibsonfoundation?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 03:47:59

At 11/14/11 05:50 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: - Album art for the three final albums.

Agh. Too bad I can't collaborate, I kinda suck at cover art.

- Should we get someone to master the tracks or
should users do it themselves?

I think it's better that one person does the mastering for all the 34 tracks. Each of us has a different experience in mastering.

- Is it cool if I mix the previews to be submitted to NG? (I'm a DJ so I've got
some experience)

Sure, why not. It'll give a general idea to the public.

- Any idea on how I can print these shirts for really cheap lol. I can't afford to give 34 shirts away D:

Crap. Uuuh...

- CHARITY DAMMIT

Now that's the problem. Is there any kind of emergency we could give support right now?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 03:49:56

At 11/14/11 05:29 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 11/14/11 08:33 AM, KKSlider60 wrote:
Stuff.
Why have audio engineers always existed then?

The good ol "you cant really judge music" argument.

Always gives a good chuckle.

Now the "you cant judge a mix argument", that is just hilarious.

Some people need a swift kick in the butt, i supplied it. And the OP whined and criticized this generous, cool, and well-run contest and left, I couldnt respond in a "kinder" way if i wanted to. He didnt deserve a kinder response in any way.

Excuse me now, I'm not a 'he', I'm a 'she'. And read my wall of text, and stop whining, prig. Way to have your sensitivity hurt? Other people have sensitivities too, thank you very much.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 03:51:17

At 11/14/11 10:37 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 11/14/11 09:00 PM, samulis wrote: I like the idea of UNICEF...
I wouldn't give a cent to anything public -_-

But im not too knowledgeable in charities either way.

Actually, that could be true. We sometimes wonder, if we were to give our money to UNICEF, where the money actually goes. And no one's brought up the issue of accountability yet, so it can be a bit dodgy.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 06:14:50

Am I the only one who actually talked about music (what this thread is meant for)?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 06:24:08

At 11/15/11 06:14 AM, adsubzero wrote: Am I the only one who actually talked about music (what this thread is meant for)?

No, in my wall of text FatKid and I actually underlined what the thread was for, but someone just kept on bringing down the people who did not get through, and I naturally got angry.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 07:58:50

At 11/15/11 06:24 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
but someone just kept on bringing down the people who did not get through, and I naturally got angry.

That's what I'm talking about, was that really necessary people?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 08:19:42

At 11/15/11 07:58 AM, adsubzero wrote:
At 11/15/11 06:24 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
but someone just kept on bringing down the people who did not get through, and I naturally got angry.
That's what I'm talking about, was that really necessary people?

TBH, I wish it really didn't begin, to begin with. The remark which sparked this was uncalled for, and there was this self-justification going on. I am honestly fed up. FatKid, KKSlider AND I have already did everything we could to reason about this.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 08:25:49

At 11/15/11 08:19 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: TBH, I wish it really didn't begin, to begin with. The remark which sparked this was uncalled for, and there was this self-justification going on. I am honestly fed up. FatKid, KKSlider AND I have already did everything we could to reason about this.

Fair enough. Let's bring once again the topic of this thread, as it was intended to be.
We'll ask the collaboration of the moderators to keep this polite and free from unnecessary comments or trolling attempts, and I ask you (as the community) to ignore such comments. From now on, we'll continue to discuss about charity and all the points explicated by FatKid.
Thank you.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 09:25:23

TLDR;

But I'd like to congratulate all participants for their hard work, and offcourse, Nick for organizing all this!
Well done folks =D

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 10:58:49

TAKE ALL DISCUSSION RELATED TO THIS ARGUMENT TO THE PM
SYSTEM PLEASE.

I want to go ahead and use this thread for discussion so no one gets confused about weither or not the contest portion of this has ended. This will also allow a fresh thread that will allow us to keep organized. That discussion thread is pretty much done. I'll make a post on the new page of that thread that we are moving to this thread and lock the other one.

So... yes keep discussing the charity, t shirts, album art, etc.

ALSO I want to make sure everyone understands there are THREE albums now since there weren't enough heartwarming submissions. We are putting all heartwarming into the chill album and giving a bit of a classical design as well.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 16:36:12

At 11/15/11 10:58 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: TAKE ALL DISCUSSION RELATED TO THIS ARGUMENT TO THE PM
SYSTEM PLEASE.

I want to go ahead and use this thread for discussion so no one gets confused about weither or not the contest portion of this has ended. This will also allow a fresh thread that will allow us to keep organized. That discussion thread is pretty much done. I'll make a post on the new page of that thread that we are moving to this thread and lock the other one.

So... yes keep discussing the charity, t shirts, album art, etc.

ALSO I want to make sure everyone understands there are THREE albums now since there weren't enough heartwarming submissions. We are putting all heartwarming into the chill album and giving a bit of a classical design as well.

Definitely.
A new thread that provides brief but substantial information would be nice, since we already got the results and the new points to discuss about. I'll look forward to that.
If you need further help with anything just ask. ;)

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 18:36:21

At 11/12/11 07:24 AM, FatFaggotWitABowlCut wrote:

The sounds used seem to be preset sounds, if they arent pelase let me know, and therefore are far to generic to enjoy all that much.

No presets, PM sent and hope to hear back from you shortly. Thank you for taking the time to personally review each track.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-15 20:21:24

Yeah!
Yo, thanks fatkid and Judges for this opportunity! I had lots of fun and feel real delicious about making music for a good cause rather than my usual greedy/self-centered desires! lol! But, seriously we should donate the profits to an organization such as the National Association for Music Education!

I feel pretty confident that most of us as musicians didn't just decide randomly that we wanted to put a great number of hours, weeks, years into the studying and creating of music. We had someone or something inspire us to go beyond the point of mere interest in music. Inspiration that made us Architects of sound!

I credit my many years playing the alto saxophone in a naval marching band followed by a year of music theory as my inspiration to make the shit I share today... Thanks music education!
Okay, so the original point..... I think we should donate to the National Association for Music Education!

Thermal Laser,
Peace

Ng Cd 2011 Project Results!

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 00:38:59

Nice to see that as soon as the results are revealed, people start arguing and complaining. It's good to know we can all be good sports about it all.

As far as charities go, if we can't reach a decision maybe we should just put all the candidates in a hat and pull one out randomly (only as a last resort if no one can decide, I mean.)

bork bork bork

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 01:48:29

I say we give it all to something music related. It only makes sense, since we didn't really do this with a cause or anything.

By the way, do we have any sort of deadline for when this should all be ready to go? And coincidentally, get in the store? It'd be nice to be able to order some copies as Christmas gifts...

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--

Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 02:54:05

At 11/16/11 02:48 AM, Travis wrote: Kris and Spacewhale.

Since you guys are my friends. Congrats to both of you!

Everyone else, congrats as well.

Great work everyone.

lul who's this kris that you speak of?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 03:15:27

Oh shit... What have I done. I did not mean to type "Kogey" as a winner. I meant to type "Subliminalvids"... the two names were right next to each other and somehow I completely missed it and got Kogey instead.

Kogey, this is completely my fault D: SORRY. *in my defense it was 6am in the morning...*

As an apology I will give you a free T-Shirt with the other winners. :)

I FAIL

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 04:15:09

Alright guys. Here are the winners organized into groups. I believe we should combine all of these into one 4CD package since there is such a wide variety of songs. What do you think guys?

1 - Chill *8 Songs 1 Disc*

KKSlider60 - Birth of a Star - Ambient

SineRider - Of All I Knew - Ambient

Xyresic - Into the Deepest Azure - Drone

Tainlorr - *NEEDS TITLE* - Classical

Oozels - Virtually Conducted Overture - Classical

ObsidianSnow - Stephanie - Classical

Echo - Everglades - Orchestral

Samulis - Progress - Orchestral

------

2 - Metal *5 Songs 1 Disc*

NickPerrin - *NEEDS TITLE* - Metal

juggernautknights - *NEEDS TITLE* - Metal

Burn7 - WhatthefuckIdonteven - Metal

Thermallaser - Metal

Lublub194 - Thrash'n Trash - Metal

------

3 - Electric and stuff *20 Songs 2 Discs*

Subliminalvids - *NEEDS TITLE* - House

Dj Sonik - Snow - House

LiquidOoze - Happening - House

KieranNG - Astro Pilots - House

AirQuake - Show me Waves - House

AetherX - Unseen - House

Friday Fox(gavkay21) - The Respectless Dipolmatm- Electro House

adsubzero - Pace - Electro House

AirQuake - Love for music! - Dance/Elektro

NovaOfTheXqonz - Rise Again - Hardstyle

DjMindsweeper - *NEEDS TITLE* - Hardstyle

StaticKatana - After The Timeline Ends - Hardstyle

EmceeWhatE - *NEEDS TITLE* - Drum n Bass

Dj Sonik - *NEEDS TITLE* - Drum N Bass

Dj Sonik - Dawn V.2 - Drum N Bass

TIMarbury - Sweet Drops - Dubstep

grooveT3K - *NEEDS TITLE* - Chill Upbeat

Kirbyfemur - Pitch Black Radiance - Chill Upbeat

Poopr1221 - Padlock - Glitch

Masq - Jazzy Batman - Breakbeat

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 04:33:02

At 11/16/11 04:15 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
StaticKatana - After The Timeline Ends - Hardstyle

EmceeWhatE - *NEEDS TITLE* - Drum n Bass

Dj Sonik - *NEEDS TITLE* - Drum N Bass

^^ This song is called "Immerse"

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 05:14:58

3 - Electric and stuff *20 Songs 2 Discs*

Subliminalvids - *NEEDS TITLE* - House

The title is "Amb Yeah"

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 06:12:12

Poopr1221 - Padlock - Glitch

Uh, no.

ARTIST: Padlock
TRACK TITLE: Twitched

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 07:58:24

At 11/16/11 04:15 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
adsubzero - Pace - Electro House

I just want to ask you if the artist name written could be "DJ Dela" and not adsubzero.
Thank you

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 10:49:37

Shit, I'm the opener for the Chill album? :O
Thank you :')

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 11:12:02

At 11/16/11 10:49 AM, KKSlider60 wrote: Shit, I'm the opener for the Chill album? :O

That's no the track order son. Just the track list. :P

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 13:09:34

At 11/16/11 11:12 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 11/16/11 10:49 AM, KKSlider60 wrote: Shit, I'm the opener for the Chill album? :O
That's no the track order son. Just the track list. :P

Rofl. I know, I was trolling, trololol. Problem?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 13:52:00

Im a bit sad i didnt make the cut, but checking out the other tracks, im kinda happy :)

Great work guys, best of luck :)

BBS Signature