00:00
00:00

The Game Overthinker - Narcissist?

5,639 Views | 41 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Well I think it has come time to start looking at someone who probably needs to be picked apart a bit. However beforehand I thought it would be nice to give a little insight first. As this forum goes we do tend to have our fair share of bandwagon riders here no question about it.

Most of the time it is people who are fanboys.. We all know that ZJ is a hardcore Nintendo fanboy. We all know that RightWingGamer is a Call of Duty fanboy as well. They both know this and they will accept it. However it seems one guy doesn't seem to get the point and that is The Game Overthinker.

I first found out about The Game Overthinker through a thread here in the Video Game Forum made by Gustavos. So I took a look at his videos and loved them. This guy was not only serious about gaming, but at the same time could be witty as well. He knew we wouldn't care right from the start and knew we would question him. His style of rants were not only thought out well, but at the same time they were a bit different from the other zany cartoon like reviewers such as Angry Joe and Spoony. As I kept watching however I became disappointed over time.

Yes his topics are great and how he addresses them are right as well. The only problem here is that his biased outlook in favor of Nintendo tends to overshadow his opinion at times. The very first episode he told people to back off the Wii and stop making jokes about "Gamecubes and duct tape" and get the fuck over it. Yet in different episodes he never gets tired of calling the PlayStation 3 "A Blu-Ray player that plays Metal Gear Solid 4".

Also although (and even I'm not fond of saying this) the XBOX 360 had the Red Ring of Death problem and XBOX Live assholes, that's not enough to really go against the system. He also goes on saying that all it has are First Person Shooters and that one of the only games he likes for it is Bioshock. What the fuck? I understand if you want to prefer one console over another I really do, but at the same time bashing one console over another based on this kind of matter is quite childish really.

However any bitching he has to do about consoles doesn't matter anyways since his Sonic the Hedgehog episodes he clearly stated that he didn't have any patience for the console wars back then and he doesn't have any patience for them nowadays. Keep telling yourself that Game Overthinker.

Bias aside though his points are well made, especially his episode "Build A Better Gamer" in which he was absolutely right about that one. However when he makes a biased point it does tend to make my skin crawl. Why? Because people take it for face value, gamers take it for face value and that just doesn't sit right with me.

Now before I keep going I want to talk about James Rolfe. You know that name I'm sure, he does The Angry Video Game Nerd. Yes a series that started on YouTube, moved to ScrewAttack, and then onto GameTrailers. Despite all this moving around though, James does upload the episodes to his website and his YouTube account, however he has to stay within the limits of his contract with GameTrailers so he has to wait one year beforehand. You see this though? Even though his videos are being hosted on different sites he still cares about his YouTube subscribers and audience. Hell he even releases TRAILER videos to let you know there is a new episode out on GameTrailers.

Why did I tell you this? Well because once The Game Overthinker got moved to ScrewAttack, he pretty much said fuck you to his YouTube audience and doesn't even give a shit to have his newer episodes put there. It just blows my mind as to why he couldn't do it. James could and he's part of ScrewAttack, so what's the problem here?

The one thing though that has pissed me off about his show more than anything else though was the storylines. Now before I start I will say this, there is nothing wrong with introducing a storyline into your show, nothing wrong with it at all. Nostalgia Critic does it, Spoony does it, Angry Joe does it, even The Angry Video Game Nerd does it. However they all knew how to do it right. They all had great writing, good acting, and could tie it all in well.

So I guess Game Overthinker decided he wanted to give it a try. Fair enough, the only problem was that not a lot of people were enjoying these storylines, Overthinker's bad acting, and even worse writing. It just seemed all around awful. However he kept it going, I guess he already had it planned out and he just wanted to get it done and finished. All in all fair, he tried something and it didn't entirely work out well. So does he listen to his fans? Fuck no, why should the egotistical bastard do that?

This is where fan abuse comes in. What is fan abuse? Fan abuse is when you make a show and you are pleading for people to watch you, comment you, and share your video with others. Then after you have all these viewers who will watch you no matter what, you then gain a certain ego to the point of you'll try something and if your fans don't like it then you won't give a shit because you know they'll watch you either way around as long as you have a shred of what they like in your episode. Unfortunately The Game Overthinker has this figured out and he damn well knows it even going as far as calling his show nothing more than something for him to play with... yes he stated this in an interview.

I hate to see him just do whatever the fuck he wants to with his show. You think he would have learned from his first episode about "A Matter of Character." Simplicity is your friend, why fix something that doesn't need to be fixed? Overall you could say "well it's show he can do whatever he wants" and although with your show you can do what you want you should make sure the viewers who made your show possible are still happy. For the time being not many of them are.

Oh and one more thing. I know his name is Bob Chipman and the reason why I didn't refer to him by his name is because I only refer people by their names if I truly respect them.

Questions of the Day
1. What do you think of The Game Overthinker?
2. What is your favorite Video Game Show?
3. What is your favorite Zelda game?
4. Whose your favorite Let's Player?
5. I'm all out of gum do you happen to have any?

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 06:40:23

I don't give a single shit about him.

Super Mario Brothers Super Show.

Ocarina of Time.

That guy who used my LoZ remake in his video.

Go chew on your fab aura.

I read that whole thing and guess what? I sincerely believe that you just used a made up term to describe somebody who does what the fuck he wants with his free time. "Fan abuse," yeahok, mister macbigshit.

I have a tiny following of fans myself and you know what? If I did what they wanted all I'd be doing is Zelda remakes. It doesn't matter how many fans I acquire, I will make as many Zelda remakes as I want, not how many they want. I make my music for me, not others. When I do make music for others, you'd be out of your mind to think it was just for them. Like you said, I think he can do whatever he wants with his show. Fans don't matter when you're doing what you like. If they don't like it, they won't watch and no one will care.

Not all fans are stupid. My favorite band is HORSE the band. I've been listening to them for years and have all of their corporately released albums, except their new one. Take a guess why. I think it sucks huge, gigantofuckingnormous ballsack. Oh, but wait, I didn't BUY the album. Why is that? Oh yeah, because I don't like it. I'm not some retarded zombie who buys something just because a band I'm a fan of made it.

You might be thinking, "Well weren't you super pissed off that your favorite band made such a horrendous piece of mainstream infused dog shit?" Well, yes I was and I wrote them about it. To sum up what I wrote, it was an intelligent wall of text littered with searing, behind the back insults which ended with a question.

"Are you proud of what you made? Do you like your new album enough that you would listen to it, nonstop for a couple weeks in your car?"

I got a reply a few days later which read, "Yes."

You know what? Just knowing that they are doing what they want and are enjoying it lessened my rage, considerably. I still knock on the album, sure, but I'm not going to be one of those dicks who writes them all the time or posts on their new stuff saying, "THIS IS SHIT!"

The man can do what he wants, so let him.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 07:06:37

Questions of the Day

I've never actually seen any of his work, but what you've just told me about him puts me off a little. I gues his early stuff might be good to watch.

I don't actually watch any.

Ocarina of Time. I know everyone says that but for me it's the only option. It's the only one that I've spent a reasonable amount of time on.

Again, I don't watch Let's Play videos.

I don't have gum, sorry.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 07:12:06

At 10/23/11 06:40 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: I read that whole thing and guess what? I sincerely believe that you just used a made up term to describe somebody who does what the fuck he wants with his free time. "Fan abuse," yeahok, mister macbigshit.

Whether or not I have made up the term I have no idea. All I know is it's the best way to describe it. Yeah he can do whatever he wants sure, but if his viewers aren't happy with what he is doing then he should either change it up or try something different. Yeah you do Zelda stuff, but I believe your fans like you doing other stuff as well don't they?

At 10/23/11 07:06 AM, Dean wrote: I've never actually seen any of his work, but what you've just told me about him puts me off a little. I gues his early stuff might be good to watch.

I would still recommend watching him, but be prepared for some Nintendo bias and egotistical storylines that don't amount to anything.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 08:47:04

At 10/23/11 06:40 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote:

Someone's mad.

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 09:04:43

At 10/23/11 08:47 AM, Thegluestickman wrote: Someone's mad.

Hey there! I would like a response to the thread and/or questions if you don't mind.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 09:19:05

PROTIP: If he makes a value judgement like X is bad or X is good, then he isn't a narcissist.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 09:22:49

Questions of the Day

He's a twat. I despise his new episodes.

I like Zero Punctuation, if that counts.

Wind Waker.

Either SSoHPKC or UberHaxorNova.

Even if I did, I wouldn't share it with you.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 10:09:43

At 10/23/11 04:31 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
Questions of the Day

I really don't know too much about him to have a definite opinion

zero punctuation
hard, honest, and funny

I'm not really into any of them but I guess if I had to choose it would be twilight princess
, I was more of an Xbox, and windows 2000 guy growing up rather than a Nintendo guy.

What?

yes

BBS Signature

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 10:56:22

I also liked how he talked about online gaming and only mentioned MW2's community.
The absolute *sshole of an example.

Like using McDonald customer to represent all professional food tasters.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 11:09:21

At 10/23/11 04:31 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Questions of the Day

He's okay, needs to stop doing those cheesy independent film bits and stick to actually reviewing.

Street fighter anime

Ocarina of time

Two best friends play <3

Im here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and im all out of gum.

I'm just a dreamer.

never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 11:29:50

At 10/23/11 04:31 AM, The-Great-One wrote: We all know that RightWingGamer is a Call of Duty fanboy as well.

No, he's a Star Wars fanboy. He only likes Infinity Ward's works.

Questions of the Day

Never really heard of him until a few months ago. Didn't even bother to watch a full show of his. I'm curious now.

Like, review show? Then it'd be a tie between JonTron and Zero Punctuation.
I also see that people noted actual shows based on games. In that case, Street Fighter II V.

Majora's Mask.

Chuggaaconroy because DEM MENUS.

Nope.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 12:40:00

Alright, so I've been watching the Game Overthinker for a while now. In fact, I've been watching him before he's been on Screwattack. When he moved to Screwattack, I wasn't really phased, because I already went on Screwattack daily.

I really enjoyed his videos for the longest time. When he did his first story-line based reviews, I was kind of disappointed. I saw them getting like 6's and 4's on Screwattack, and that was when almost everything got a 9, 10, or 11. I didn't really like the story part, but I still watched because I liked when he actually got to the reviewing and introspection.

He really is a smart character and I like hearing him talk about things, but I didn't enjoy the ridiculous plot he tried inserting. The episodes were still thirty minutes long or so, which means he was taking out content to put in his story. That was what bothered me the most.

Just a day or two ago, his new episode came out. For the first time, I said, "No. I'm not going to watch this." He has been toying with his audience for a while, now. If he wanted to tell his lame stories, he should start another series instead of his dedicated watchers having to suffer through crap like that. I'm not sure I would call it fan abuse, but it's definitely not right.

Now, it's his show. He's allowed to do whatever he wants with it. I just think it's a shame that he's using it like this instead of using it to promote a separate project. Because that's what it is -- a completely unrelated project.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 14:10:44

I don't really like him, I've watched a few episodes, and I just don't like his style. He often drifts off from his episodes to explain these deep psychological meanings, and metaphors and such, but to me he just sounds unconvincing, using fancy words that don't mean anything. I'm not saying he's an idiot, but I just don't like his style.

I like AVGN, Peanut Butter Gamer and JonTron. My favorite one used to be JonTron, but his latest stuff is turning way too crazy and he's not reviewing games anymore, so I guess my fave would be AVGN. His episodes always amuse me. PBG is also great, he puts just as much thought into his episodes as the other two.

It would be a tie between OoT and WW. I grew up with Wind Waker since I've never got OoT when I had a N64, so it gets a lot of extra points with me. But I got OoT from a friend and played it as well, they both are excellent in their own way, so I honestly can't pick. If WW didn't have so much sailing all the time it would win.

I don't watch any of those. :(

Sure, as long as you take it out of my mouth.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 16:01:49

Well done as usual The-Great-One, it's been along time commin.

Questions of the Day

I love his early works when everything was just a black slideshow. But I'm tolerant of his ridiculous storylines as long as their is enough VG discussion to go with it.But frankly I'm getting tired of him posting these almost entertain-less storylines. Like you said just cause Doug (NC) and James Rolfe know how to do it doesn't mean every web celeb has the potential.

Nostalgia Critic is humorous in his ordinary reviews sure he recycles some of his old jokes but he always dishes out some new ones as well. On top of that his use of sarcasm is uncanny. So it's no wonder why he'll have funny story lines. His Christmas special back in 2010 was one of the most well done stories. AVGN for the most part, lost his luster and mostly reviews games seriously. I guess he got tired of parodying the characters related to his game review or just decided that cursing to achieve comedy turns off his more mature audiences,I don't know. The point is comparing these guys humor to GameOverthinker is virtually no comparison at all. He should go back to his old format and stop stroking his ego.

Extra CREDITS, & Zero Punctuation

Don't play much Zelda but from what I remember ocarina of time was awesome.

I don't watch let's play * insert game title here* doesn't seem like it would be THAT funny to watch

Nobody ever pays me in gum. :(

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 22:15:41

Questions of the Day

It's difficult to say. Back in his Youtube days, his videos were essentially blogs with his own voice over it. The videos themselves getting progressively better and not really getting recognized until volume 11. But it's impossible to say those still ARE his best videos, because they touch on topics that aren't an issue anymore; say for a select few. I honestly couldn't say why most of his last 20 videos or so don't seem as brilliant as the others did, when they clearly are relevant topics. It must be because it's getting increasingly difficult to wag your finger at his storylines and get over them. His last five volumes alone are prime examples of him awkwardedly referencing himself and his position as a show host, and how important he is in this made up world. Maybe it's a matter of us asking ourselves "if somebody payed you to make a show, what would you do with it?". Being recognized by your intended audience to be more than just a user; isn't that the point of making a well thought out and organized video rather than just a blog or Forum post? I myself have seen peers get their morals twisted and warped the second they hit their fifteen minutes of fame.

Extra Creditz. A show that was hosted on the Escapist Magazine website one episode per week for a little over a year until the three people behind it had some contractual troubles with the site and had to pull their entire show from it after a lawsuit.

Not that it's relevant to the OverThinker, but Twilight Princess.

Are these answers supposed to fuel your next mega topic or what? I watch quite a few let's players, but my favorite is probably NintendoCapriSun. He's pretty bad at any game that's more recent than the N64, and his commentary is some of the most odd and low brow stuff you'll find, but it's all so natural and unrehearsed that I feel it embodies what let's plays were and how they were different than video walkthroughs. But that's all sentimentality. Guys like Chuggaconroy are excellent at mixing knowledge of a game with a light touch of humor. I think let's players of the future should focus not necessarily on being funny, but on showing all there is to show of a game. Optional areas and boss fights, easter eggs, picking up all collectibles, and stuff like that.

Nobody ever pays me in gum...

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 22:40:09

I lost all respect for the GO when he said Other M was better than the Metroid Prime Series. And when he defended the horrible execution of the story in Other M blaming it only on the fact metroid is an old game with a nonsical story (which all old games have in common) I agree to that to ane xtent, but that is not why Other M sucked, Metroid prime has been modernized and it worked well before, it was called fucking Metroid prime, Other M sucks because the story is badly written, it makes no sense, makes samus look like a crybaby with giant ovaries and her relationship with Adam in it is fucking psychotic.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-23 23:08:05

Questions of the Day

Never cared about him,was interested,but now,he seems annoying.

The happy video game nerd.If you meant based on a game,then Sonic X(I know but it's a guilty pleasure of mine)

Why would you ask this question?But I liked zelda 2

Angryponcho

yes,its in my pants :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-24 02:18:17

At 10/23/11 10:40 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: I lost all respect for the GO when he said Other M was better than the Metroid Prime Series.

He didn't say that at all. His ONLY mention of Metroid Prime in that video, was where he admits that the games were good, but not to his taste. If you think every metroid fan loves the prime series you are FAR from correct.

Metroid prime has been modernized and it worked well before, it was called fucking Metroid prime,

So, a game isn't modern unless it's a first person shooter? Or perhaps you're making a point that all the neat tools such as creature and info logs obtained via scanning visor give the game an actual futuristic feel that the sidescrolling games lacked? Both can be opinions, but only one of them is intelligent enough to express. Modernizing a game is about taking the formula and doing with it what you couldn't previously. I feel Other M was a step backward because of the NES style controls for a game that's clearly not a throwback to the originals. It's my opinion, and I'm open to listening to others' insight.

Other M sucks because the story is badly written, it makes no sense, makes samus look like a crybaby with giant ovaries and her relationship with Adam in it is fucking psychotic.

Because we've never had a female role where the female is depicted as whiny and following orders? What say you, Heather Mason, Raiden from MGS (trolololol), and Ashley Graham? Samus falls under the category of tragic hero in this game when it comes to that encounter with Ridley. As for her relationship with Adam, following orders shouldn't be the same, easy, "do what I fuckin' feel like" attitude you would have in a war simulator. Disobeying military protocol will result in being discharged from service in real life. I personally would have liked to see them nod to that point as a way of covering it up, but it was overlooked. I may not understand all, or perhaps not any of the story directions, but I didn't throw the same tangent that "bandwagoneers" did over the internet.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-24 02:35:11

At 10/24/11 02:18 AM, Gustavos wrote:
He didn't say that at all. His ONLY mention of Metroid Prime in that video, was where he admits that the games were good, but not to his taste. If you think every metroid fan loves the prime series you are FAR from correct.

He did say MP for his was okay but nothing more while Other M was more to his taste, aka he thinks it's better.

So, a game isn't modern unless it's a first person shooter?

Now don,t you start strawmanning me young man.

Or perhaps you're making a point that all the neat tools such as creature and info logs obtained via scanning visor give the game an actual futuristic feel that the sidescrolling games lacked? Both can be opinions, but only one of them is intelligent enough to express. Modernizing a game is about taking the formula and doing with it what you couldn't previously. I feel Other M was a step backward because of the NES style controls for a game that's clearly not a throwback to the originals. It's my opinion, and I'm open to listening to others' insight.

Metroid Prime was modernizing in a good way because they captures the atmosphere, the loneliness, they even remade the same music but better, the scanning does add another depth in imersion, it is the perfect conversion of Metroid on the 3d plane. The story was simple, cood and not in our face, not that it would be a bad thing if well executed. Other M offers plot holes and a character unlike the Samus we knew before. I do listen to other people's insight, but when they are saying innacurate or stupid stuff I tend to voice my opposition.

Because we've never had a female role where the female is depicted as whiny and following orders?

No, I didn,t say thar, I like how you assume lots of stuff and then argue that, I bet you don't even realize the staw mans you are shitting all over the place.

What say you, Heather Mason, Raiden from MGS (trolololol), and Ashley Graham? Samus falls under the category of tragic hero in this game when it comes to that encounter with Ridley.

Heather Mason is a character who is whiny and following orders first of all, Ashley Grahanm is however and the thing is that these characters werent previously coming off as badass space hunters before. And I am not saying Samus should be a steel cold killing machine with no emotions. For example, the ridley scene, it has been said countless times, she freezes and freaks out in front of an enemy she already killed countless times and it's not the first big alien thingy she kills either, she is a veteran soldier god damnit.

Now if you want to keep just that same scene, bring similar emotions to the character and make it fit: Make Ridley kill the guy that dies in this scene while samus is trying to stop him, but she fails because ridley is a giant space pterodactyl. She could feel bad because she failed to save a teammate and swear to have her revenge on ridley. See I did the scene better and it was not hard at all.

As for her relationship with Adam, following orders shouldn't be the same, easy, "do what I fuckin' feel like" attitude you would have in a war simulator. Disobeying military protocol will result in being discharged from service in real life.

But she's a Bounty Hunter, she quit military service, she's here because she feels like, and that's not the point anyways.

I personally would have liked to see them nod to that point as a way of covering it up, but it was overlooked. I may not understand all, or perhaps not any of the story directions, but I didn't throw the same tangent that "bandwagoneers" did over the internet.

Remember the scene at the end where he just shoots her? Why couldn,t he just ORDER her to stand back? I mean, she never even considered refusing to obey an order before... And if for some reason she does, THEN shoot her.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-24 03:07:51

He is smart and I like the stuff he produces but sometimes he can be an idiotic dick (sometimes.)
He can be biased and if you've been on the Escapist since Bob first produced stuff for it you'd know how anti-religion he is, how much a dick he can be about it and how he once tried to cover up his religion hatred.

Also he tends to use his fanbase and following to get out his biased opinions and exaggerate things. He's kind of stopped doing this in the last two years I think (The Big Picture does this sometimes though.)

Zero Punctuation.

I haven't played any Zelda games. :'(

Kootra.

No :'(

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-24 07:51:27

At 10/24/11 02:18 AM, Gustavos wrote: He didn't say that at all. His ONLY mention of Metroid Prime in that video, was where he admits that the games were good, but not to his taste. If you think every metroid fan loves the prime series you are FAR from correct.

Yeah when watching his videos again, he only was okay with Metroid Prime. When it comes to Metroid fans and Metroid Prime you can kind of relate them the same way you can with Zelda fans. There are those who look at Ocarina of Time like it was a godsend, yet others who although they like Ocarina of Time, like A Link to the Past more.

With The Game Overthinker I saw the same kind of guy. Somebody who thus thinks Metroid Prime is a good game, but nothing like a godsend, he probably does like Super Metroid for the Super Nintendo more.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-24 20:07:28

At 10/24/11 02:35 AM, VenomKing666 wrote: He did say MP for his was okay but nothing more while Other M was more to his taste, aka he thinks it's better.

It may be just how we're interpreting what he said. To me, a game could be "better" than another, but that doesn't mean I like it more. Mario Galaxy is a far better game than Mario 64, but I still like Mario 64 more. In the end, it doesn't matter, the point here is that he defended Other M, and that makes him a bad man.

Metroid Prime was modernizing in a good way because they captures the atmosphere, the loneliness, they even remade the same music but better, the scanning does add another depth in imersion, it is the perfect conversion of Metroid on the 3d plane.

Excellent.

What say you, Heather Mason, Raiden from MGS (trolololol), and Ashley Graham? Samus falls under the category of tragic hero in this game when it comes to that encounter with Ridley.
Heather Mason is a character who is whiny and following orders first of all,

I'm going to assume you meant to say "isn't" here. And, assuming that's what you meant, I'd have to disagree. I understand she's young and confused by everything that's going on, but her character comes off as totally unrealistic in almost every scene. It's like she has the thought process of a ten year old, while simultaneously doing shit that just isn't a good idea. When she's asked to check out the hospital in the town of Silent Hill, she doesn't even fucking question it. She came there to find Claudia and maybe speak with the mysterious Leonard, but instead we're going to the hospital because *insert SOME kind of plot point here*.

I've nothing more to say about Other M, as I haven't given it much a second look after beating it. I don't want to defend it, anyway. We were talking about the Overthinker allegedly claiming it was a better game than Prime, right?

At 10/24/11 07:51 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
With The Game Overthinker I saw the same kind of guy. Somebody who thus thinks Metroid Prime is a good game, but nothing like a godsend, he probably does like Super Metroid for the Super Nintendo more.

In his live panel of SGC 2010, he mentions it as his favorite SNES game that doesn't have Mario in the title. (skip to 3:20)

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-24 20:11:08

At 10/24/11 08:07 PM, Gustavos wrote: In his live panel of SGC 2010, he mentions it as his favorite SNES game that doesn't have Mario in the title. (skip to 3:20)

I could have recalled him stating this, but I couldn't remember if it was from his Metorid: Other M review or not.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-24 22:04:07

At 10/23/11 04:31 AM, The-Great-One wrote: 1. What do you think of The Game Overthinker?

I liked him while he was on Youtube. After he moved to Screwattack, I just didn't bother to keep up.

I love me some Zero Punctuation

A Link to the Past

HCBailly on Youtube.

No, but please don't kick my ass.

PSN Id: Kenzuke

This is my signature. Boring, right?

Check out my blog

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-24 22:26:02

Questions of the Day

He seems alot like Razor Fist or Antisocial Fatman

Indie Games Searchlight

Windwaker

He doesn't like to be called a LP, but Vash12349

What do I look like? A safeway?

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-25 10:39:01

From the start I had doubted The Game Overthinker. I liked the aspect of him speaking out his thoughts about video games but wasn't sure about the bias with Nintendo. I know it can be hard to be 100% fair but sometimes you've got to keep it under control. Hearing about this storyline bullshit from him puts me off even more since all that nonsense from these internet reviewers are so unnecessary.

This is why my favourite video game show right now is Jimqusition. He does have his own jokes and he mainly talks about video games whilst offering some unusual opinions. He's one that enjoys video games of all kind so I can easily respect him. I still keep tabs on Spoony and AVGN, although I will admit that I primarily focus on their main videos and tend to leave the rest be.

Majora's Mask. I am overdue for replaying it but the different turn it took for the franchise was very intriuging.

I can't stand LPs and I'll never have any desire to watch them, unless it's something generally shorter for them like Spoony's Let's Play of Phantasmagoria 2.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-25 22:09:30

At 10/25/11 10:39 AM, Bahamut wrote: From the start I had doubted The Game Overthinker. I liked the aspect of him speaking out his thoughts about video games but wasn't sure about the bias with Nintendo. I know it can be hard to be 100% fair but sometimes you've got to keep it under control. Hearing about this storyline bullshit from him puts me off even more since all that nonsense from these internet reviewers are so unnecessary.

Yeah storylines in reviews are unnecessary, but they can be fun if done right. I loved Angry Joe's L.A. Noire review with its storyline, it's like a return to X-Play, but actually done the right way. So I don't mind a storyline if done right and is entertaining to the point that it can tie in with the review and is not entirely distracting. The Game Overthinker screws up on this point.

His bias I have a hard time getting over. Which is strange coming from me, because The Game Overthinker and I are a lot alike in ways. We both grew up with Nintendo and are Nintendo fanboys and will defend the Nintendo Wii to the grave. However I will take shots at the Wii and praise the other consoles, while he rarely takes any shots at the Wii and shoves away the PS3 and XBOX 360 as if they are trash.

This is why my favourite video game show right now is Jimqusition. He does have his own jokes and he mainly talks about video games whilst offering some unusual opinions. He's one that enjoys video games of all kind so I can easily respect him.

I've never heard of him before. I would love a link to him if you don't mind. Sounds intriguing to watch.

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-26 07:55:28

Narcissist? Depends on whether or not he lets people disagree with him. If he doesn't seem to care if people do then I wouldnt call him a narcissist. Narcissists only want positive attention so if he was one he would be blocking people left and right for not kissing his feet and having the nerve to disagree with him.

Ultimately it his show and he can do what he pleases with it? Maybe his contract he has at the new place forbids him from uploading any of his matieral on youtube? That could be a possibility

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game Overthinker - Narcissist? 2011-10-26 08:46:34

At 10/26/11 07:55 AM, MatthewF wrote: Narcissist? Depends on whether or not he lets people disagree with him. If he doesn't seem to care if people do then I wouldnt call him a narcissist. Narcissists only want positive attention so if he was one he would be blocking people left and right for not kissing his feet and having the nerve to disagree with him.

It just seems that he doesn't listen to his fans and just decides to do whatever the hell he wants whether its a good idea or not.

Ultimately it his show and he can do what he pleases with it? Maybe his contract he has at the new place forbids him from uploading any of his matieral on youtube? That could be a possibility

I already brought this up. Yeah he's part of ScrewAttack, but I don't see why he wouldn't be able to post his videos on YouTube, when James Rolfe can post his AVGN series on ScrewAttack, GameTrailers, YouTube, and his own site.