00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Fashion Club.

1,297 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Fashion Club. 2011-10-17 17:07:38

First of all, take the word "fashion" with a grain of salt, because it does sound pretentious...

Now, the point of this club:

-To help each other dress better, differently, or to impress
-To Post outfits and receive feedback on them
-To help complete outfits
-To share links and deals on clothes and accessories
-To make known where parts of an outfit were obtained

Rules:
-No real rules, just post pictures of your of outfits or clothing items.

I understand newgrounds might not be the best suited place for something like this, but I think there is relatively large variety of users here that can offer lots of different perspectives and opinions. I do believe the users here also have a moderate interest in the way they dress and am merely providing an outlet to express it easily. Not to mention having a sweet new outfit can be really fun and boost self-esteem as well as attract the opposite gender.

I myself am not some fashion guru. But I think I can offer a few tips when I see something, and I hope everyone else can too!

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Fashion Club. 2011-10-17 17:17:25

I guess I'll kick the club off with an outfit I've been putting together.

It consists of a black button up Collard shirt from Gap ($12), a grey narrow tie from Belk ($10), Bull Head Blue Jeans from PacSun ($15), Sperry Billfish Topsiders ($100), and a Fossil Watch (don't remember the cost)

As a Rule of thumb I don't buy clothes if they aren't on a discount rack, you can still find plenty of nice stuff on those things, you know. This whole outfit was discount, save the Sperrys and watch, that is.

So thats it, pretty simple outfit really. Opinions, questions?

The Fashion Club.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Fashion Club. 2011-10-17 17:30:38

Opinions

I don't think ties should be worn with a casual outfit, and the shirt is too bland. Lose the shirt and tie, just put a T-shirt on instead.

Questions

What the hell were you thinking paying that much money for some shoes?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Fashion Club. 2011-10-17 18:41:45

I think the price is worth it for sperrys. I have one pair, and they are really comfortable, I use em as chill shoes and for religous stuff.

Response to The Fashion Club. 2011-10-17 20:48:10

At 10/17/11 05:30 PM, Dromedary wrote:
Questions
What the hell were you thinking paying that much money for some shoes?

Lol that's not that bad actually... i have a pair of allsaints boots that were 300$. I did get them on sale for 189$ or something, but still. I"ll make some posts latter in the thread

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Fashion Club. 2011-10-17 21:38:07

At 10/17/11 05:30 PM, Dromedary wrote:
Opinions
I don't think ties should be worn with a casual outfit, and the shirt is too bland. Lose the shirt and tie, just put a T-shirt on instead.

For once, I have to disagree. I think it looks smashing. Accessories like that are usually left unappreciated.

Response to The Fashion Club. 2022-03-22 20:48:17

I was gonna make my own fashion club but then I found this I’m surprised it didn’t take off so I’m gonna attempt to revive it.

Here are some of my favorite fits. Ever since I bought these boots I’ve been wearing them with every single fit lol.

iu_583340_8152914.png

iu_583341_8152914.png

Response to The Fashion Club. 2022-04-07 16:26:59 (edited 2022-04-07 16:27:50)

I'm invested in revitalizing this club as well, since it would give me a place to discuss and explore my interest in fashion on NG, or really just anywhere other than dress up game websites and communities. I love 'em, but depending on where you go, they do get borderline political sometimes, or have That One Person who has no life and no personality aside from their politics and just won't frickin' shut up. Needless to say, that isn't good for my burnout, and I've been looking for other places to go.

I might have to go and blur my face out on a picture I took of a nice outfit I put together recently, just so I can post it here and see what people think. In the meantime, would anyone like to see some hypothetical ones I've thrown together out of pics on the internet, as future "draw your OC in this" challenges?

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to The Fashion Club. 2022-04-16 12:52:24

What's a fashion style you wish you were allowed to, or had the confidence or clothing, etc to dress in?

I'd probably go for modern western, casual/modernized steampunk, or futuristic/cyberpunk (with very little emphasis on the "punk" part), depending on the day. I love the aesthetic elements, styles, and colors that go with all of them.

BBS Signature

Response to The Fashion Club. 2023-07-13 22:03:58

Ok so I know this club is like super dead lol but I still like the fact that a fashion club on NG exists.

Here’s a look book throughout this week.

iu_1022496_8152914.png

iu_1022497_8152914.png

iu_1022498_8152914.png

iu_1022499_8152914.png

Response to The Fashion Club. 2023-07-13 22:05:33

At 4/16/22 12:52 PM, Thetageist wrote: What's a fashion style you wish you were allowed to, or had the confidence or clothing, etc to dress in?

I'd probably go for modern western, casual/modernized steampunk, or futuristic/cyberpunk (with very little emphasis on the "punk" part), depending on the day. I love the aesthetic elements, styles, and colors that go with all of them.

Super late answer lmao

I want to wear more skirts but I don’t have the confidence to wear them. I bought a really cool floral skirt at the thrift store today and I’d like to try to come up with an outfit for it.

Response to The Fashion Club. 2023-07-13 23:56:26

At 7/13/23 10:03 PM, GJMARS wrote: Ok so I know this club is like super dead lol but I still like the fact that a fashion club on NG exists.

Here’s a look book throughout this week.

Lol I see where the Jojo OC’s outfit came from. I should try that method of character design.

BBS Signature