00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is being banned common?

4,125 Views | 68 Replies

Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 20:39:05

A lot of people I know IRL (not saying who) who use this website often tell me about how they got "Banned" from the forums for a post they did or a thread they posted in. Several different times i've been told this by several different people.

I've never been banned once. Not sure if that means anything, but I'm starting to wonder how common this is. Like, if people are getting banned left and right and I'm just completely unaware.

How many times have you guys been banned, and what for? I can't be the only banned virgin here.

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 20:39:54

At 10/16/11 08:39 PM, Zippy-MyMusic wrote:
I can't be the only banned virgin here.

There are a lot more than you think.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 20:41:04

I got banned for staring at a mod the wrong way.
I got banned for back flipping off a building.
I have been banned for being funky.
Teehee.

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 20:41:04

It's not really common, unless you're a complete moron, besides if you've been here long enough the mods don't really ban you anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 20:42:16

I'm probably up to about twenty bans, I assume. Not bragging about it, it frankly can suck sometimes. But whatever, try to learn from your stupidity.

I would say the longer you stay, the more you post, the more likely you are to be banned. Now, there have been some guys who been here, and active, for a long time and have never been banned. I think, however, it's very common to be banned. More than likely the ol' spam thread rule or losing your cool.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 20:43:10

i've been banned like 7 times XD

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 20:44:16

About 14 I presume..

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 20:46:08

I've been banned... 3 or 4 times now... The longest was a 3 day ban for something i completely deserved. lol If you ask me, everyone needs to pop their ban cherry at some point in their life.

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!

REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 20:47:13

i have been banned 3 times one of them was confuseing i made a thread saying i stole a car someone else made a thread called someone stole my car they deleted my thread which was first and marked as spam which banned me and left the other dude alone(but i dont care was annoying that it happend to me anyway wasent even spam)

queef!

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 20:47:27

At 10/16/11 08:39 PM, Zippy-MyMusic wrote: A lot of people I know IRL (not saying who) who use this website often...

You lucky fuck. I wish my friends went on NG.

Any who, it depends on what type of poster you are. Usually the good, informative, and popular posters are the ones that never get banned.

If you're a dumbass that spams a lot, and makes unintelligent post's, you're going to get banned a lot.

If you simply can't tell the difference between a spam thread, and a successful troll thread, you'll get some bans from that as well.

I've been banned from the bbs a few times, but nothing crucial.

It's hard to tell how often user's get banned because of the fact that there's nothing that indicates rather someone is banned or not like most other forums.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 20:47:58

At 10/16/11 08:41 PM, Yert wrote: I've been banned a lot of times, never kept count. I'm going to guess around 50 times. If a mod sees this post and has the capability to see how many times I've been banned, I'd suck your dick if you let me know.

I used to get banned pretty often. I haven't gotten banned in a good 2 months though I think. I was banned for almost the entire Summer, lol.

This right here. Sometimes I just post stupid funny shit and they don't like humor.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 20:59:55

I've been banned a few times. But it was back when I was stupid lol. Sometimes I questioned if it was a bit much, but meh. Fuck it. Learn from the past and move on.

Does anybody even read these?

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 21:02:22

I am guessing they posted in a spam thread when they didn't even realize it was a spam thread. Which that can happen at times because not all users know what constitutes a spam thread and they don't know what the moderators constitute as a spam thread.

I asked this question in the Where is/How to? Forum and got two responses.

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 21:02:36

I've been banned lots of times, mostly for posting in spam threads.
I'm getting a lot better at avoiding spam threads though, I haven't been banned in a long time.

Actually I got banned kinda recently, but it was a long time before that.

I've also been banned for bandwagon posting and backseat modding even though I was just being helpful.

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 21:06:57

At 10/16/11 09:05 PM, Yert wrote:
At 10/16/11 09:02 PM, Squidbit wrote: I've been banned lots of times, mostly for posting in spam threads.
Most of my bans came from calling people that 6 letter word that starts with "F" and ends in "t".

I've never gotten banned for that, just cause I know doing it would get me banned. I've wanted to a few times though.

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 21:18:36

I've only been banned a few times. And they were all a long time ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 21:22:12

I brag about how many times I've been banned to my IRL friends, a badge of honor, really.

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 21:27:07

Honestly, I feel like everybody used to get banned more often before the redesign. I think some extra discrimination tools were probably added in 2007 that allowed fewer carpet bans to be placed for spam threads. Or maybe I'm totally wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 21:42:16

I haven't been banned in an entire 12 hours!

Oh wait,

"Before you die, I'll let you know that your loot will go to waste."

Signature by coecoe123. Xbox Live: Absolute Darknes. Want to boost for GTA IV & Red Dead Redemption.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 21:44:58

Poozy gives out bans like those people who give out leaflets in the middle of the street.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 21:48:14

About 10 times at the first year (in 04, but my account got deleted as well). Now I can't literally say when was I banned for the last time. Can't remember it.

thoz bitzes keep out o' me now

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 21:50:14

Last week I got banned 3 times.
Every other day I get banned.

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 22:00:15

I've been banned once for calling a troll a**really bad name**I think you made a thread about the user"I kill white people",correct?

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 22:05:47

you will get banned eventually. don't fret, '11

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 22:14:28

At 10/16/11 10:10 PM, Space-Whale wrote: I get banned sometimes, but only for posting in spam threads. I hate that rule, since I don't know what the mods define as a spam thread. This is why I just avoid threads that have any hint of being controversial in them.

Yeah this is what has gotten me banned the most before too. Its a bit too strict to be honest.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 22:28:22

If you're a moron and you don't follow the rules, which are pretty damn lenient compared with a lot of much shittier forums, you get banned. I honestly don't get banned often at all. When I do it's for unknowingly posting in a spam thread with a stupid remark, but that shit happens.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-16 22:36:01

"Wah wah. You are banned cause you posted ONE NSFW PIC!!!1!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!"Comes up all the time. Also "YUH YUH GAWT BANNED FUR POSTIN FURREHS- HATE YALL POOZY" comes up alot.

Hondas,Hookers,HKS motorsports and Hard yiffing, it's all good | I love AE86's!! |formerly towellyfan | Herro Roo makes the best yiff known to civilization

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-17 03:52:30

hey guys

Is being banned common?

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-17 04:01:28

A few times for me. At least one was automatic; I posted in a spam thread and got banned along with everybody else.
The others were probably due to insulting people, something like that.

You're still pretty new here. Give it time - soon you'll get lazy and relaxed, and then you'll slip up. The mods will be there, hammers ready.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being banned common? 2011-10-17 04:06:55

I must be beyond 70 now. Frankly I'm heading for another soon I can feel it in my bones.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature