00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

8 Dead in SoCal Shooting

4,307 Views | 85 Replies

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-13 23:44:08

At 10/13/11 11:39 PM, akmeteor wrote: You posted raw data unrelated to half of what I'm talking about. Pretty sure you're the deluded one here

Topic: 8 dead in SoCal shooting.

At 10/13/11 09:56 AM, akmeteor wrote: Hi, I live in the U.S.A. We have a large amount of illegal immigration from about 3-4 different countries. So their offspring and sometimes them are often the attackers in these crimes. Well outside of the projects.
"these crimes"

"These crimes" are shootings. I posted data about shootings in the US versus in the UK. Clearly you have trouble reading, so I'll post the image again for you.

8 Dead in SoCal Shooting

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-13 23:44:47

At 10/13/11 11:37 PM, EddyFromEEnE wrote:
At 10/13/11 07:14 PM, chipotleaway wrote: Travis, I respect you as a user, but you are being an ass. He doesnt do it on purpose. He's more attracted to stuff that happens in his local area and race.
Its cool, brah.
This happened absolutely nowhere near me. About 7-8 hours.

Hey, hey, hey, was I talking to you though?

I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam

In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-13 23:54:38

At 10/13/11 11:44 PM, chipotleaway wrote:
This happened absolutely nowhere near me. About 7-8 hours.
Hey, hey, hey, was I talking to you though?

I'm correcting you, Chip.

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:02:00

Stop messing with EEnE, especially you travis.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:15:54

At 10/13/11 11:44 PM, LardLord wrote:
"These crimes" are shootings. I posted data about shootings in the US versus in the UK. Clearly you have trouble reading, so I'll post the image again for you.

No these crimes meaning violent crimes fuck face.

In the real world, you can't single a crime down to a specific type. You have to be broad with violent, petty, and mass theft. These are seen as the three major types of crimes.

Well.

Shit.

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:24:16

At 10/14/11 12:15 AM, akmeteor wrote: No these crimes meaning violent crimes fuck face.

Come on, bro, you can do better than "fuck face" lol.

In the real world, you can't single a crime down to a specific type. You have to be broad with violent, petty, and mass theft. These are seen as the three major types of crimes.

This is a topic about gun crime, I posted statistics about gun crime, (which is what this topic is about, you'll hopefully not fail to notice once again since it's both in the topic title and composes the entire discussion of this thread). We're discussing the feasibility of gun control, not crime control. If you read everything from Wade's post onward, it will become clear that is the entire point of the discussion.

I have not and you have not made any arguments about crime and I frankly don't care at all about crime in general because that cannot be controlled, whereas guns can, and have been in the UK, which has exponentially lower rates of gun crime than the US, despite the fact that you claimed the UK had 300% more gun crime than the US, which was an outright made up statistic.

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:26:46

At 10/13/11 05:53 PM, akmeteor wrote:
Yet they have over 300% more violent crimes....

Something about your theory is wrong, and I just can't put my finger on it....

Oh boy! It sure says gun crimes in this post!

Well.

Shit.

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:27:41

At 10/14/11 12:24 AM, LardLord wrote: I have not and you have not made any arguments about crime and I frankly don't care at all about crime in general because that cannot be controlled, whereas guns can, and have been in the UK, which has exponentially lower rates of gun crime than the US, despite the fact that you claimed the UK had 300% more gun crime than the US, which was an outright made up statistic.

While it is true the US has more gun crime, the UK has A LOT more violent crime than we do.

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:33:39

At 10/14/11 12:26 AM, akmeteor wrote: Oh boy! It sure says gun crimes in this post!

The whole thread is about gun control.

How many times do I have to say it lol.

Read the topic title.

8 dead in SoCal shooting.

Not 8 dead in SoCal Stabbing, beating, etc.

If you're not talking about guns, what are you even doing posting in this thread?

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:36:38

At 10/13/11 09:39 AM, akmeteor wrote: While it supposedly is a guy mad about a custody battle. What you're saying makes sense. Hell California is only one of like what, 10 states? That doesn't allow even open carry, let alone concealed carry.

An armed society is a protected society.

Also, I just noticed you were talking about gun control on the first page. Thus validating everything I've said.

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:38:12

At 10/14/11 12:33 AM, LardLord wrote:
At 10/14/11 12:26 AM, akmeteor wrote: Oh boy! It sure says gun crimes in this post!
The whole thread is about gun control.

How many times do I have to say it lol.

Read the topic title.

8 dead in SoCal shooting.

Not 8 dead in SoCal Stabbing, beating, etc.

If you're not talking about guns, what are you even doing posting in this thread?

Regardless if guns were involved or not, it was a violent crime. Why are you questioning why I am posting in this thread when it is not your prerogative to do so?

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:39:08

At 10/13/11 09:42 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote:
At 10/13/11 09:39 AM, akmeteor wrote: An armed society is a protected society.
An armed society is a paranoid and dangerous society.

An armed society, is a society that makes enemies weary of invading it.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:40:02

At 10/14/11 12:36 AM, LardLord wrote:
At 10/13/11 09:39 AM, akmeteor wrote: While it supposedly is a guy mad about a custody battle. What you're saying makes sense. Hell California is only one of like what, 10 states? That doesn't allow even open carry, let alone concealed carry.

An armed society is a protected society.
Also, I just noticed you were talking about gun control on the first page. Thus validating everything I've said.

Hurr durr since your using logic I find regularly on 4chan I should use 4chan logic to bring mine in, I however won't.

Guns prevent violent crimes. Had open carry not been removed. This whole thing could've ended with much less civilian casualty.

lrn2causeandeffect.

Well.

Shit.

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:41:06

At 10/14/11 12:27 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: While it is true the US has more gun crime, the UK has A LOT more violent crime than we do.

Per capita the UK has more violent crimes, but in total the US has 2x the amount (5+ million).

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:43:40

At 10/14/11 12:39 AM, ModernPatriot wrote: An armed society, is a society that makes enemies weary of invading it.

What if the criminal portion of that society has more and/or better weaponry?

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:44:58

At 10/14/11 12:38 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Regardless if guns were involved or not, it was a violent crime. Why are you questioning why I am posting in this thread when it is not your prerogative to do so?

It was specifically a gun crime, thus why guns were used in it. You're on the wrong track because you're not classifying the crime in the context of this thread, which is about shooting specifically, not about violence in general. You were discussing gun control in your first post, not violence control (which isn't even a tangible thing), so you were on the right track initially, but you've since moved the goalposts because the data on guns didn't suit your hypothesis.

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:45:20

At 10/13/11 10:47 PM, Bryan wrote: Why do you have to say "SoCal"?

Because that's the colloquial way of saying it?

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:46:17

At 10/14/11 12:43 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote:
At 10/14/11 12:39 AM, ModernPatriot wrote: An armed society, is a society that makes enemies weary of invading it.
What if the criminal portion of that society has more and/or better weaponry?

With effective policing, this is not possible, because it would be prohibitively expensive for the criminal portion to have more and better weaponry.

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:48:56

At 10/13/11 10:50 PM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote:
At 10/13/11 06:12 PM, cheshirepus wrote: They're pretty easy to spot, to be honest, as they'll be considerably more likely to be polite for no reason and generally go out of their way to avoid any kind of conflict.
You just described the majority of Canadians. We actually are commonly nice, or less rude then people of other countries. We tend to hold open the door for others and we talk things out. If we have a problem with something you just did, when we walk away we'll mumble about it and quickly forget dependent on its importance or the effectiveness of the issue.

Ultimately, like I said. An armed society is a paranoid society. More guns does not equal increased protection, it just means more guns and a larger opportunity that more people will get harmed or killed including bystanders. If people were just more educated, hand less time on their hands to contemplate doing stupid shit, and were just more positive and content...then you would have a more secure society.

Actually, increased protection is exactly what more guns equals. While you might put faith in your government to create a more secure society, the fact remains that Americans have good reason to be paranoid considering our history is built on a foundation of war between those who wish to be free and those who wish to rule. Maybe you don't (or can't) understand this, but to many Americans, having a gun in hand means they are free and have the means to secure their own freedom if the need should ever arise.

An armed society is a society left alone, as you cannot force your will on such a society, but must instead resort to peaceful negotiation less you desire war.

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:54:04

At 10/14/11 12:48 AM, cheshirepus wrote: Maybe you don't (or can't) understand this, but to many Americans, having a gun in hand means they are free and have the means to secure their own freedom if the need should ever arise.

Murka. Murka the beautiful. Murka the brave.

8 Dead in SoCal Shooting

BBS Signature

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 00:58:43

Picture from the memorial outside the salon.

Thread derailed into gun debate.

8 Dead in SoCal Shooting

BBS Signature

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 01:01:30

At 10/14/11 12:46 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: With effective policing

Because America is well known for that, right? You bring a knife, I bring a gun, you bring a rifle, I bring an RPG, and it continues from there. We have biochemical thermonuclear weaponry, soon enough it will be dark matter pulse lasers from satellites. The pattern has existed since the first neanderthal threw a small rock at the guy with a big rock. Having a weapon is not a deterrent, if one can get their hands on something better or can harm you when you least suspect it which is rather easy to accomplish in today's world, let alone America.

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 01:01:44

At 10/14/11 12:58 AM, Kevin wrote:
Thread derailed into gun debate.

Never let a good crisis go to waste...

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 01:17:58

At 10/14/11 01:01 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote:
At 10/14/11 12:46 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: With effective policing
Because America is well known for that, right? You bring a knife, I bring a gun, you bring a rifle, I bring an RPG, and it continues from there. We have biochemical thermonuclear weaponry, soon enough it will be dark matter pulse lasers from satellites. The pattern has existed since the first neanderthal threw a small rock at the guy with a big rock. Having a weapon is not a deterrent, if one can get their hands on something better or can harm you when you least suspect it which is rather easy to accomplish in today's world, let alone America.

Actually, indeed it is known for effective policing. If you can prove otherwise in comparison to other countries, then please do so.

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 06:24:02

That are horrible news. My condolences go out to the families and friends of the persons who died in such a miserable and unneeded way. It makes me sad when such incidents happen and it seems like they happen very often nowadays.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting 2011-10-14 15:32:24

At 10/14/11 06:24 AM, Asandir wrote: That are horrible news. My condolences go out to the families and friends of the persons who died in such a miserable and unneeded way. It makes me sad when such incidents happen and it seems like they happen very often nowadays.

I know