00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Just throw the US Constitution away

10,230 Views | 126 Replies

Response to Just throw the US Constitution away 2012-03-27 18:52:39

At 3/27/12 04:00 PM, morefngdbs wrote: WHat is really going on.

Interesting essay. At first I thought his essay was going a real direction cpommenting on our massive system based on credit, not true production. But instead he goes into this "it's all for the rich" conspiracy theory and gives little detail of the conspiracy let alone any facts (or even vague anecdotes) to support this claim.

He also doesn't address the concept that in this world of globalization and economic vassal, political capital is just as important as hard resources.

Response to Just throw the US Constitution away 2012-03-29 17:49:10

At 3/27/12 06:52 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 3/27/12 04:00 PM, morefngdbs wrote: WHat is really going on.
in this world of globalization and economic vassal, political capital is just as important as hard resources.

;;;
Speaking of 'capital' as in money to fund ...say a presidential candidate.
Your present system seems to be the mega rich buy a person to run for the Pres position.
That slave (isn't that what its called when one person owns another) gets elected & his masters sit in the background while their front man makes sure no law or enviromental law screws withtheir money making schemes.
http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/peopleandpower/2011/10/2 011102683719370179.html

If you read the link, the amounts allowed to be given to a campaign to get your 'boy' in the White House are staggering !
Politicians are owned by their backers & the average American voter is a duped pawn, the founding fathers would be horrified to see what has been done to their brilliant idea !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Just throw the US Constitution away 2012-03-29 20:16:58

At 3/29/12 05:49 PM, morefngdbs wrote: If you read the link, the amounts allowed to be given to a campaign to get your 'boy' in the White House are staggering !

Even more so now in the wake of Citizens United.

Politicians are owned by their backers & the average American voter is a duped pawn,

While your statement contains the usual flair of melodrama, I do agree with the base point. The wealthiest Americans have much more power on the system than the rest do.

the founding fathers would be horrified to see what has been done to their brilliant idea !

Not too sure about that. While the Founding Fathers spoke with pretty words, they rarely followed them to the level we claim now. Voting rights were highly limited, and still the electoral college, (the 1% of yore) had a great deal more freedom to vote for whomever they wished.

Response to Just throw the US Constitution away 2012-04-11 12:30:50

I seen a little blurb in my internet travels about a US militia group who were being held & on trial for Conspiracy against the US Goverment.

Seems there is at least 1 US judge who still requires the police state to actually have proof of wrong doing & just because the FBI/Homeland security 'plants' were trying to lead these people to commit crimes.

Seems all these people had a real hate on for Obama & were vocal in their distain for authority. But simply expressing an opinion and being armed isn't against the first or second ammendment & after 2 years in custody without bond they are freed.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/03/27/breaking-news-judge-
dismisses-conspiracy-case-against-hutaree-militia/

Is it possible the US police state has actually lost a case to a citizens constitutional rights ? I hope so.... although they did lose 2 years of their lives locked up.

Maybe it should be a law that if someone persues a citizen on trumped up charges with no real proof & it comes to pass as in this trial the defendants didn't do anything wrong & the people who arrested & charged them had no real proof.
They (police, informant, prosecuters) should now be jailed for 2 years.

Just to keep Prosecuters & police from laying charges like this.
After all wouldn't you be sure you had some proof of the charges, if you may have to go to jail for laying false charges ?

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Just throw the US Constitution away 2012-04-16 09:53:41

WHile definately not one of the USA's politically controled news journalists...& as someone who recognises he wouldn't get reported if he was.
Paul Craig Roberts, a former Wall Street Journal associate editor, a former Assistant Secretary to the US Treasury reports on abuses in the US of A.

THis article today caught my eye.
http://lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts343.html

But what I have never seen reported in any mainstream Canadian or American news media (surprise , surprise ) is this story which was linked in the above story.
http://www.salon.com/2012/04/08/u_s_filmmaker_repeatedly_det ained_at_border/singleton/

PS. I love the term used to descibe the journalists of the US who cowtow to Homeland Security aka the Gestapo...." Presstitutes".... love it !
If you don't believe my comparison of the two (homeland/gestapo) is fair, look at what the Homeland Security people can do to any US citizen at any time & compare that to the powers of Nazi Germany's Gestapo on citizens under their juristiction in the 30's/40's & if there's any difference its thinner than a proton !

I wonder if Obama wins a second (and supposedly last ) term. Will he officially place the Constitution & Decalration of Independance in a museum, so it won't be confusing all of us who believe it still should be a valid document ?
Which will also make it easier on all the Congressmen & woman who refuse to do their duty & protect the rights of Americans...& I mean all Americans as per their oath of office.

BUT YOU KNOW
I'm only joking, because to be perfectly blunt .... how is it even possible for any politician to do anything for any middle/lower class American when those with most of the money (1%ers) are the guy's who have bought & paid for those same politicians !
;
;
;
What a great system you have created, where the infinately wealthy can buy the offices of the politicians they need to stay in control .

Response to Just throw the US Constitution away 2012-04-16 11:19:11

At 4/16/12 09:53 AM, morefngdbs wrote: I'm only joking, because to be perfectly blunt .... how is it even possible for any politician to do anything for any middle/lower class American when those with most of the money (1%ers) are the guy's who have bought & paid for those same politicians !
What a great system you have created, where the infinately wealthy can buy the offices of the politicians they need to stay in control .

While I agree that the wealthy have way too much influence, to the detriment of everyone else, this is ibn now way a problem unique to the US. I have one word for you on this point: Alberta.

Response to Just throw the US Constitution away 2012-04-20 10:33:31

At 4/16/12 11:19 AM, Camarohusky wrote: I have one word for you on this point: Alberta.

;;;
Good point Sir.

I don't know just how familiar you are with Canadian Politicians etc.
We had this Prime Minister, named Brian Mulroney, he was found out after he was no longer in office to have received hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash stuffed envelopes from a German Arms lobbiest.
No charges were ever filed.
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/discussion/2007/10/brian_mulroney.ht ml
I wanted to post a more informative link...but your refusal to look at anything except recognised news services makes that difficult ....I'm hoping Canada's National news service link I posted is acceptable, as proof I'm not making up the story !

But in looking at how Great Britian & Canada & of course the USA governments rule over their people & the part special interest groups use their cash to ...grease the wheels of Government... it has become for me, very apparent that while lobbiests are a necessary evil. They need to be strictly controled. They shouldn't be allowed to contribute to any Political Party, they shouldn't be allowed to contribute to a politicians or political hopefuls campaign.
THere should be laws in place they cannot throw a party, a dinner, a meet & greet...not even to offer a single stick of gum to an underling in any level Government.
With stipulations that if anyone (in Government)is found to have benefited in any way from their lobbying effort they are stripped of office & all parties involved do manditory jail time. Perhaps that could clean things up.

I was recently reading a story titled 'Rethinking America's Supreme Judicial Dictatorship'
In it there is a remark where the Supreme Court of the US , rubber stamped every law passed by American law makers from 1937 to 1995, & not once was there a question of these laws & how they may have reflected on being Unconstitutional.
There is also a reference to a book that was reccommended reading. By Judge Andrew Napalitano titled 'The Constitution in Exile' which I am hoping to find when I next visit the library. IF not there I'll seek it out online.

PS- We have had other Gov elected officials who have been expelled from Governemnt for lobbiest....irregularities in Canada in the past as well. Along with in my Province yesterday an elected MLA of NS just got 9 months in prison & 2 years probation for misappropriation of public funds. So it isn't just the USofA that has problems, yours just don't ever seem to lead to sanctions/dismissal/charges or not since Nixon anyway !