00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best health systems?

2,492 Views | 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Best health systems? 2011-10-10 23:43:51

I like the AC:Brotherhood health system alot so far, lose most of your health, get 1 square of health back. Also if you in a big battle in that game, for me 1 potion will completely heal me and sure it comes in handy at points and at others its just down right funny.

HahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. funny guy over here, look at 'im.

BBS Signature

Response to Best health systems? 2011-10-10 23:44:16

At 10/9/11 08:53 AM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 10/8/11 06:23 PM, naronic wrote: Health systems that build themselves numerically, usually found in games like half life 2, left 4 dead, promote the most strategic gameplay, and I consider more realistic and enthralling than the mutant style, stop and go they have in place for a lot of fps games today.

It also offers many more ways to reward player exploration than the alternative as well.
Arguable. I think either offer breadth for strategy. Vegas in my experience has the best regen system.

Maybe, but in general ,imo, no matter how much strategy you add in a game,
most of the time numerical health systems will always enhance strategy even more

BBS Signature

Response to Best health systems? 2011-10-11 06:28:14

Did anyone say something about the original Mario Brothers? Compared to today's gaming, it's pretty interesting.

CLICK PICTURE AND YOU WILL HAS ONE.

BBS Signature

Response to Best health systems? 2011-10-12 06:40:25

I like regenerating health/shields/endurance like the ones in Mass Effect, Halo and Deus Ex Human Revolution.

I still like the health packs in Half Life 2 though.

Resistance 3 used a similar system and Resistance 3 is a great game, very underrated I reckon.

Response to Best health systems? 2011-10-12 07:17:37

At 10/10/11 11:42 PM, orangebomb wrote: I like the Borderlands system the best TBH. When your shield goes down, you start to lose health until you pass out and have to kill an enemy to get a second wind. Most of the time, it should give you enough reason why you shouldn't go charging head first into a group of brutes and big ass spiderants, but instead use some sort of strategy on how to beat them.

The strategy is still rushing into everything. You wound an easy target and stay close to him while shooting at the strong ones. When you're down, kill the weak target. Then repeat.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).