00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds on Roku

24,908 Views | 76 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2011-09-24 13:14:41

At 9/20/11 10:01 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/20/11 12:01 AM, MOC-Productions wrote: Are the flash movies being shown as videos or does Roku have some kind of flash player? Forgive me if that's a dumb question. I know nothing about Roku.
Mike has been developing the "best ever" SWF to video converter, so we can turn just about any SWF into a 1080p video that runs full-frame-rate, with smooth rasters and filter effects. We'll be making it available later when it's more complete.

Probably no Chance that Mike would let me use that software is there? That sounds pretty awesome, seeing as most swf converters are horrifyingly crappy. Well for now I should just keep working on developing actual flash talent before worrying about conversions.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2011-09-26 11:43:12

wow,newgrounds now is a channel!¡incredible!¡i can´t wait to see my favorite games!

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2011-09-26 22:05:48

Really cool news. The value of that little black box just got a boost. Might be buying a 2nd one from that link.

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2011-09-27 08:49:05

At 9/24/11 04:59 AM, Phenom9 wrote:
NOT modifiable: If you alter, transform, or build upon this image, you may NOT distribute the resulting creation.
Newgrounds is ripping off its own artists.

Tom has the authorisation to use that work.
I love how the channel looks btw :)

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2011-09-28 01:55:37

toothman@hotmail.co.nzman it's cool

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2011-09-28 14:36:26

At 9/24/11 04:59 AM, Phenom9 wrote:
NOT modifiable: If you alter, transform, or build upon this image, you may NOT distribute the resulting creation.
Newgrounds is ripping off its own artists.

Actually we licensed that from him!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2011-09-28 14:37:30

At 9/24/11 01:14 PM, wuggums47 wrote: Probably no Chance that Mike would let me use that software is there? That sounds pretty awesome, seeing as most swf converters are horrifyingly crappy. Well for now I should just keep working on developing actual flash talent before worrying about conversions.

The software will be made available once everything is fine-tuned and working on as much content as possible.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2011-09-28 17:37:26

Well.. I know what I'm doing all day now.

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. Albert Einstein

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2011-09-29 23:57:22

YAY now i can play angry birds with a wiimote AND watch ng vids

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2011-10-01 20:46:39

yes!!! good thing i got one

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2018-07-11 16:41:28

Newgrounds on Roku isn’t working.

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2018-07-11 16:45:59

At 7/11/18 04:41 PM, lsw1002 wrote: Newgrounds on Roku isn’t working.

They sunset the old SDK so I need to re-do the app to get it back in there... Just not sure what the demand is. Ideally NG would work on all sorts of smart TV platforms.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2018-07-16 04:02:37

At 7/11/18 04:45 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/11/18 04:41 PM, lsw1002 wrote: Newgrounds on Roku isn’t working.
They sunset the old SDK so I need to re-do the app to get it back in there... Just not sure what the demand is. Ideally NG would work on all sorts of smart TV platforms.

@TomFulp I Just bought a brand new 55 inch Sony Bravia 4K HDTV with built-in Android support and I l've been purchasing/installing apps to it. Would love for you to add a Newgrounds app that is compatible with it. Would be way more convenient than hooking my laptop to it via HDMI (although that method still looks beautiful on the big screen). I'd even be willing to buy it if you had it on the google play store. Which reminds me, I gotta buy Castle Crashers on Steam. Was holding out for a PS4 version, but it looks like that's not happening anytime soon...

I'm in the new Adam Sandler movie Sandy Wexler. I play a Prison Guard and a trainer for Terry Crews. To see what movies I'm in check out http://facebook.com/VinstigatorMusic

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2018-07-16 10:44:24

At 7/16/18 04:02 AM, Vinstigator wrote: @TomFulp I Just bought a brand new 55 inch Sony Bravia 4K HDTV with built-in Android support and I l've been purchasing/installing apps to it. Would love for you to add a Newgrounds app that is compatible with it. Would be way more convenient than hooking my laptop to it via HDMI (although that method still looks beautiful on the big screen). I'd even be willing to buy it if you had it on the google play store. Which reminds me, I gotta buy Castle Crashers on Steam. Was holding out for a PS4 version, but it looks like that's not happening anytime soon...

I've started revisiting the Smart TV stuff... Hoping we can make some progress here.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2018-07-16 17:24:34 (edited 2018-07-16 17:27:02)

At 7/16/18 10:44 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/16/18 04:02 AM, Vinstigator wrote: @TomFulp I Just bought a brand new 55 inch Sony Bravia 4K HDTV with built-in Android support and I l've been purchasing/installing apps to it. Would love for you to add a Newgrounds app that is compatible with it. Would be way more convenient than hooking my laptop to it via HDMI (although that method still looks beautiful on the big screen). I'd even be willing to buy it if you had it on the google play store. Which reminds me, I gotta buy Castle Crashers on Steam. Was holding out for a PS4 version, but it looks like that's not happening anytime soon...
I've started revisiting the Smart TV stuff... Hoping we can make some progress here.

Legitimately excited about this, can't wait! I pretty much do everything through my TV now (that built-in Chromecast Ultra is a godsend). Let know when you have a beta, I'll be willing to test it. And of course, I'll buy the final release.

I'm in the new Adam Sandler movie Sandy Wexler. I play a Prison Guard and a trainer for Terry Crews. To see what movies I'm in check out http://facebook.com/VinstigatorMusic

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2022-06-23 21:48:42

This is very interesting! I realized, a few weeks ago I thought of making a Newgrounds module for this neato android app that lets you view shows and stuff thru modules (i think they're JSON format) and it uses those modules to scrape a site for data and display it in app, and it reminded me of this. Maybe this app might be saved by someone someday and we all can enjoy Metal Gear Awesome on our sweet sweet tele.

i draw cool stuff

and i make cool games

go play dux td !!! quack !!! its fun

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds on Roku 2023-02-17 23:41:26

this was the 2st time (i think) i used Newgrounds good times

AlexToolStudio voicing acting since 2023