00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Avat Final Round

5,870 Views | 57 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-09-28 18:38:53

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-09-28 20:04:38

Well what the hell did I make now.
Anyway, here it is. Very tired, kind of glad it's over actually. Portal.

Avat Final Round

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-09-28 21:58:01

oh my gooosh hopefully one more hour is all this will take to finish
also seeing as thats how much i have left
and yours guys is so cool @o@ wish i was that origonal n stuff

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-09-28 23:54:38

TOOOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT. i mean it was kind of fun like those chefs on tv that work till the last second but here it is
oh and i again feel like the chef in the sense that ITS COMPLETLY RUSHED AND LOOKS HORRIBLE ;O;
im so sorry ive been sick and busy with a lot of homework but i can promise you i shoved all of my love into it. ALL OF MY LOVE. <3 .
i had so much fun with this contest and even though a lot of artists dropped out i loved seeing everyone elses submissions and it kept me painting and inspired (i love being told what to do >w> )
but it was a real treat to get to participate and thankyou for giving me this oppurtunity

weeeh its too big to put up here is it okay if i just link from the art portal?
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/civil ized-apocalypse/i-can-bring-anything-to-
walk

ahdsuhadsf things are glitching right now so i hope this works

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-09-29 11:12:09

Holy shit J-qb, I fucking love your piece!

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-09-29 18:15:19

Here's mine.

I took the theme literally this time and illustrated a crazy dream that was once stuck in my head. It's a bit rushed, I know.

Avat Final Round

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-09-29 23:24:09

At 9/29/11 06:15 PM, Nekow wrote: Here's mine.

I took the theme literally this time and illustrated a crazy dream that was once stuck in my head. It's a bit rushed, I know.

Wow, well done everyone, you all did an awesome job. Now, I think everyone has submitted their's, so now I guess it is time for judging.

We will post the winners within this thread, 1st to 5th as soon as possible.

Good work everyone and I am pleased with how this turned out. Special thanks to everyone who had contributed, and to all who have helped out.

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-09-30 14:52:46

Some great entries! This is a tough one :O

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-06 09:12:33

It's been a while, so I'll just make a post to let you guys know we haven't forgotten about you.

Current status:
- I know the placement of the winners!
- We're sorting out the prizes with the staff.

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-11 01:40:19

At 10/6/11 09:12 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: It's been a while, so I'll just make a post to let you guys know we haven't forgotten about you.

Current status:
- I know the placement of the winners!
- We're sorting out the prizes with the staff.

Hmm, yes, well I have sent to messages to Tom about and yet again there is no reply. I know that he has a lot on his platter at the moment, but yeah. I'll give it another attempt.

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-15 09:08:45

@TurkeyOnAStick: Who is announcing the winners, and is there some sort of delay?

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-15 09:29:39

At 10/15/11 09:08 AM, SketchyEntertainment wrote: @TurkeyOnAStick: Who is announcing the winners, and is there some sort of delay?

... you know that I'm waiting on Bob, right?

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-15 20:58:03

At 10/15/11 09:29 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 10/15/11 09:08 AM, SketchyEntertainment wrote: @TurkeyOnAStick: Who is announcing the winners, and is there some sort of delay?
... you know that I'm waiting on Bob, right?

Ah, okay, I thought you said he has done it, but I must have misread the message, sorry.

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-18 15:35:54

Okey dokey, here we go, sorry for the wait!

Cheers for sticking out through the whole tournament guys! Whilst this was probably the toughest contest we've ever run, the response has been great. If AVAT gets you guys to squeeze out some quality illustrations and paintings once a fortnight/month, it makes it all worthwhile.

Hopefully these prize money makes it all worthwhile for you chaps.

=====WINNERS========
In 5th place, winning $20 store credit, is...
... Nekow!

In 4th place, winning $20 store credit, is ...
... Morthagg!

In 3rd place, winning $40 store credit, is ...
... Civilized-Apocalypse!

In 2nd place, winning $50 store credit, is ...
... uncleporkchop!

Finally, in first place, winning $60 store credit, is ...
... J-qb!

Also, all you guys have won a drawing by vividgrim.

===== All of you should have your store credits added to your account by now :) Congratulations, and thanks for entering!

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-18 15:49:35

Congrats to the winners!

There was some impressive art throughout this tournament and of course in the final round. Well done!

I did not envy the judges for this one, they had a tough job.

And thanks TurkeyOnAStick for taking care of the last two rounds. I think it wasn't easy all of time.

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-18 16:22:23

At 10/18/11 03:35 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Cheers for sticking out through the whole tournament guys! Whilst this was probably the toughest contest we've ever run, the response has been great. If AVAT gets you guys to squeeze out some quality illustrations and paintings once a fortnight/month, it makes it all worthwhile.

I think we can safely agree on that. It was a bit of a venture but thanks for providing the stimulation to make the stuff I made and improve while I was at it.

Finally, in first place, winning $60 store credit, is ...
... J-qb!

BOOM SHAKALAKALAKA BOOM SHAKALA!
thanks dudes and dudettes!

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-18 16:23:54

Also: Congrats to the other winners, and the utmost respect for the awesome work each single one of you delivered! I seriously would not have been able to pick a winner myself, great work!

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-18 17:28:52

Phew, the scores!
Anyway, congratulations to all the winners, Darwin knows you've all put a ton of work in it.

There is something I'd like to say though.. If you ever do something like this again, I think it's best to eliminate, like, half of the rounds, or make them shorter. In the end I just wasn't really feeling it anymore, staying enthousiastic and inspired for something this long is quite tiring, mentally and creatively.
I had some great fun though, and have made pieces of artwork of which I'm really proud. So thanks to everyone that made this thing happen, and hurray for all the inspiring art that has sprung out of it.

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-18 17:42:39

well done all... ENJOY :D

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-18 17:47:24

At 10/18/11 05:28 PM, Morthagg wrote: There is something I'd like to say though.. If you ever do something like this again, I think it's best to eliminate, like, half of the rounds, or make them shorter. In the end I just wasn't really feeling it anymore, staying enthousiastic and inspired for something this long is quite tiring, mentally and creatively.

If this happens again, it will be run by someone competent..... from the start.

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-18 18:25:06

At 10/18/11 05:47 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/18/11 05:28 PM, Morthagg wrote: There is something I'd like to say though.. If you ever do something like this again, I think it's best to eliminate, like, half of the rounds, or make them shorter. In the end I just wasn't really feeling it anymore, staying enthousiastic and inspired for something this long is quite tiring, mentally and creatively.
If this happens again, it will be run by someone competent..... from the start.

Yeah, if this does happen again, I'll make sure I stick to one 'way-of-working'. It was just hard as I kept thinking I had made the tournament the wrong way, but yeah, I also felt as if the competition was losing spirit. So less rounds is good.

Anyway, congratulations to all winners, you did a very good job and I'll love to see more of your individual work sometime in future.

-SketchyEntertainment

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-18 18:35:51

AHHHHHH!!! YEAHHHH!!!! Thanks for everything guys !!!!! I told yall the Porkchop dont play!!!!!!! lol. Nahh really it was a fun gig. Congrats to all the artist that stuck in there and showed there stuff. I wish you all the best. Art and animation have been very good to me for 21 years I wish the same for you all in what ever you do. Thanks again .

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-18 19:05:10

Dude i have to say out of everyone in this thing you were my biggest comp . You are really great and I hope to learn a couple of techs from you. Thanks again for being apart of this.

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-18 19:07:23

At 10/18/11 07:05 PM, uncleporkchop wrote: Dude i have to say out of everyone in this thing you were my biggest comp . You are really great and I hope to learn a couple of techs from you. Thanks again for being apart of this.

This was for Nekow!!! great work man!!!!

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-19 06:18:17

Great work everyone! Not just the winners. This was a really awesome thing and I like to see the Art forum do shit like this and get it done. We all rock. Keep up the painting everyone!

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-19 07:45:29

Oh, whilst I think about it, here's a big shout-out to all the judges!

They made the judging side of things swift and easy,
whilst all having radically differing opinions on all submissions.

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-19 10:06:31

Hats off to the other winners and judges! It sure was tough to stay motivated for four rounds.

Response to Avat Final Round 2011-10-19 15:13:11

Yes great work everyone !!!