00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice Acting Contest 7!

26,102 Views | 296 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 08:18:58

Hello, we are realmediadub, a dubbing company that offers high quality internet to your projects. We can dub your animation. Visit our website!

www.realmediadub.com
direccion@realmediadub.com

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 10:44:06

SUPER excited Bryson! I can't wait til the results are posted.

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 11:06:10

Yes! Can't wait, feels like forever since I entered this contest.

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 17:38:55

Alrighty!

Well first off, let me say that this contest has been a HUGE success. There was a big turn out, a lot of new names with LOTS of talent and I'm especially proud of this contest since it's the first one I've led since FatKid.

One thing I found interesting is that on most of the skits, the judges scores were pretty varied which is a sign of how difficult this was to judge. There was so much awesomeness! I took the averages of the scores and we ended up with the top 4! (4th place was actually tied so I was the tie-breaker. I just felt that that skit had an edge, but that really does not take anything away from the other person.)

Please join me on congratulating the winners of this contest as I reveal them in the next post! I will only post the entry and final score. All reviews will be left on the portal entry itself.

1 final note, Voice Acting Radio is also airing today and has included the 4th and 3rd place submissions as promised. The 2nd and 1st will be in the next episode! you can listen to the episode here==> #25: Oh Bother...

Congratulations!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 18:01:49

Nice episode, you guys posted it today? Did you record it today?
Also, "the next post" ... is that happening today ... or along with next week's episode :)
rock on, and congrats to everyone!

R!ce

PS. the appropriate descriptor is "effeminate". "Homosexuals" offer a variety of voices... be it, gay voices.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 18:03:43

At 10/22/11 06:01 PM, RicePirate wrote: Nice episode, you guys posted it today? Did you record it today?
Also, "the next post" ... is that happening today ... or along with next week's episode :)
rock on, and congrats to everyone!

R!ce

PS. the appropriate descriptor is "effeminate". "Homosexuals" offer a variety of voices... be it, gay voices.

I'm currently working on the post which will happen today. The episode was recorded a couple days ago and posted today.

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 18:21:59

I'm going to be refreshing this page all day oh my god.

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 18:26:50

At 10/22/11 06:21 PM, Loy6 wrote: I'm going to be refreshing this page all day oh my god.

I have been doing that already so at least you'll have company! I am glad to hear that the judges were torn on their favorite submissions. It just shows how good all the skits were. Great job and congrats to the winners!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 18:31:22

Here are the contest winners! The entire list is ordered from best to not best!

All scores are out of 100. Reviews are in the process of being left on the submissions in the audio portal. I will contact Tom Fulp about your prizes! (I'll keep you all updated)

Congratulations!!!

#1 Final Score: 95

#2 Final Score: 93

#3 Final Score: 88

#4 Final Score: 86

#5: 86

#6: 82

#7: 81

#8: 80

#9: 80 (psychohit71)

#10: 77

#11: 75

#12: 74

#13: 74

#14: 71

#15: 71

#16: 71 (Starwarsjunkie)

#17: 67 (ivoice83)

#18: 62

#19: 52

#20: 31

#21: 0 (Could not judge submission)

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 18:35:58

To have 16 out of 21 entries over 70 is freakin' awesome (The fact that there were more than a dozen entries at all is awesome. I've never seen so many). One thing I hope this and future contests do is bring all of together as voice actors and create a strong community and support network. If any of you have suggestions about anything for the future contests, let me know! There's always room for improvement.

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 18:37:05

wow! some really close scores!

It was a great honor to compete and lose to my buddeh Chris. Thanks to the judges and hosts for running this monumental event. And thanks to VA radio for furthering the exposure of these entries.

good game y'all.

keep gettin' your voice heard!

~Rice

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 18:40:31

That is really close! Great job. I am quite happy with my ranking and certainly agree with the Judges on the winners.

Congrats.

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 18:48:08

You should let us know what you all got with your credit too! and hopefully we can get some of these animated this year!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 18:48:40

Wooooo hoooo!!!!!!!! At least I placed 4th baby!!!!!!!!!! That was awesome! Loved every bit of this stuff. I hope another contest comes up soon too. I think getting Tom to front page post about the contest really helped bring in people to make it a great contest. Thanks again for the opportunity and experience, you will definitely be seeing me in the contests to come :D

>:[C]

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 18:54:11

Right on. Congratulations to the winners! This competition was fun!

I hope to see you all in the next contest!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 19:06:02

Hurry with the reviews... I'd like to know why I'm in 11TH PLACE !?!?!??! ? ? !?!?? !??!?!?!?!?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 19:09:42

I am honored and astounded that I made 3rd place. Astounded both because the competition scared the shit out of me and because I have achieved such a high place despite only starting a serious intent on voice acting within THIS year.

Great job guys, and congrats to the winners, especially my voice acting buddy Sirkillington! :D

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 19:34:51

I do have one question. How did you guys decide to take the averages of the judge's scores, rather than simply totaling all the points?

I would have liked to see how the scores were broken down.

Anyway, thanks for holding this contest! Again, it was a blast. Is this an annual thing? I just want to know when to start looking out for the next official Newgrounds VA Contest.

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 19:42:08

At 10/22/11 07:09 PM, TomStheVoice wrote:
Great job guys, and congrats to the winners, especially my voice acting buddy Sirkillington! :D

Awww, you shake my boots with great praise buddy :D Congrats!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 19:49:23

The scores were averaged because it's more accurate than just adding up all the points. Especially since this time the judges were pretty far apart on some submissions. If any of you want how the scores are broken down per judge, PM me.

Basically, the 6 categories had their own score values which added up to a total of 100. The judges scored each category and I added up the total out of 100

Example:
Acting- 25/35
Range- 13/20
Fit- 11/15
Originality- 10/10
Mixing- 7/10
Writing- 9/10

TOTAL- 75/100

Then say the other judges totals were 89, 64, and 71. I took the average of the 4 totals which would be: 75/100

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 19:53:12

At 10/22/11 07:49 PM, JaShinYa wrote:

each category and I added up the total out of 100

Example:
Acting- 25/35
Range- 13/20
Fit- 11/15
Originality- 10/10
Mixing- 7/10
Writing- 9/10

TOTAL- 75/100

Then say the other judges totals were 89, 64, and 71. I took the average of the 4 totals which would be: 75/100

You going to post those for each submission? That's what I really want to see.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 19:56:35

At 10/22/11 07:53 PM, Animator1mike wrote:

You going to post those for each submission? That's what I really want to see.

Like i said, PM me and I can show you each judges scores.

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 20:08:36

At 10/22/11 07:56 PM, JaShinYa wrote:
Like i said, PM me and I can show you each judges scores.

Oops, I missed that. I sent you a PM.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 20:42:53

So, one entry that beat me got a 7/10 in reviews, and I got an 8/10. If my range was the only weak part (according to the review I received from the judges - I have not yet gotten my 'number' scores from JaShinYa) then what brought my score to a 75/100? Sorry my range isn't that great by the way, I AM a 15 year old boy so I can't do a deep man's voice. One entry above me adjusted pitch. Many entries above me peaked multiple times. Many entries above me did not have well thought out stories and they included crude, childish humor. Some entries above me featured horrible acting.
I wish I knew that comedy and immaturity was what you guys were looking for (This excludes a few submissions). I have no further interest in these contests with this panel of judges. Congrats to the winners!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 21:01:43

I was waiting for that reaction. Sorry to everyone who didn't win but also know that the reason you didn't is due to some increadible people who did, in our eyes, just a little bit better then you. If anything it should make you want to do these contests more to keep improving basing of some of the wining skits for reference. None of the judges had it in for anyone and we all gave our honest opinion on what you did. I can say from experience, it was very hard to score these because of how good they all were.
So, sorry you weren't in the top 4, Animator1mic, but that shouldn't deter you it should make you want to do better next time.

No one pays ME in gum...

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 21:02:03

The 7 out of 10 was a mistake. Should have been 8. Either way, those don't have any effect on the score that matters. Audio quality wasn't the most important aspect. Range is weighted more. But like I said before the contest was over, all of the judges did a great job and their opinions should be respected. Besides, it's not like any of us are out to get you. As far as I know, none of us even know you. Everyone was judged fairly and without bias. If you don't want to take part in future contests, I'm sorry you feel that way. Good luck in your future roles.

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 21:07:21

How could I have done better? Could I have pressed the magic range button? That's the only reason I got 11th? Range?

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 21:25:17

I've listened to the entries and I have to say, some of them do not deserve their placements at all. I won't name names, but there are quite a few that are incredibly bad, put in high places. I really don't know what to say. I think we have a case of people bumping up their friends here. I'm very disappointed.

As far as quality acting goes, I agree with Mike that range is not a huge deal here. Voice acting isn't about doing stupid voices, it's a about the quality of the project, the small details that go into the whole to create an atmosphere, a story, and a believable character. There is some great talent here, but unfortunately I don't think anyone is qualified to recognize it.

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 22:09:33

Wow, I think the judges did alright, and I respect them since this is THEIR contest. Sounds like a bunch of children who are angry they didn't get as many cookies as the others. And the judges right now are being completely restrained, composed and professional despite you spitting in their faces. Take what you can from this contest and become better. Placement is not a matter of "winning." Its getting your work critically reviewed in order for you to become better. Getting a prize is a bonus, the point of this is to bring in great VA to challenge you. So get the damn chip off your shoulder, your only proving how immature you are. And since that is something you are so concerned with, I suggest you adjust it.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 7! 2011-10-22 22:15:41

So everyone knows, I don't have any friends. I really do hate all of you and I'd like to keep it that way. So bumping friends can't really happen cause I hate all of you equally. Nuff said.

No one pays ME in gum...

BBS Signature