00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Selling originial music?

895 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Selling originial music? 2011-08-29 13:10:50

When I frequented this site a few years ago there were a few compilation CD's and people advertising websites which would buy your music for a couple quid (or less).

Do these compilation CD's still exist, and is there a reputable site people NG'ers use to sell any music they make?

I like my hammer.

Audio. lol click.

BBS Signature

Response to Selling originial music? 2011-08-29 13:25:50

If you want to sell music, you'd probably like bandcamp. I wouldn't sell music though until you're fairly well know (e.g. trancecrafter). You can also do a "name your own price" thing on bandcamp and set the minimum amount to $0, so your fan(s) can support you if they want.

Very Nice.

BBS Signature

Response to Selling originial music? 2011-08-29 13:53:14

I agree with the above poster, use Bandcamp!

I'm well aware that a lot of people use illegal (torrented) software for DAWs, drums, synths, torrented samples, loops, anything really.

Just make sure if you sell anything, you legally own everything used. If you make money off illegal software, it might not end up quite like you'd like!

Response to Selling originial music? 2011-08-29 14:25:40

You shouldn't limit yourself to Bandcamp. VibeDeck, ReverbNation, those are similar.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Selling originial music? 2011-08-31 00:19:11

I actually sell my Albums on iTunes, but you need to sign up to an iTunes certified distributor, and they sort out how much you get from each sale etc... but at least it's a larger audience seeing as everyone and their microwave has some sort of Apple device..

Click for my Youtube Channel.

BBS Signature