00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Neptuno84 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newell Says Valve Needs To Bring...

962 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

"Newell says Valve Need To Bring EA Games Back To Steam"

Develop-Online.net Article

The RPS article doesn't actually have much to it, it really just links to the Develop-Online.net article so just read that one, I just wanted to credit them since I stole the title they used.

"We have to show EA it's a smart decision to have EA games on Steam, and we're going to try to show them that," he said."

"I think at the end of the day we're going to prove to Electronic Arts they have happier customers, a higher quality service, and will make more money if they have their titles on Steam. It's our duty to demonstrate that to them. We don't have a natural right to publish their games."

Now I don't disagree with EA's right to have their own digital download service, but I still think it was harsh of them to pull some of their games(and future games) from Steam altogether. I would really love to see a compromise between the two to get the games back on the Steam service, while them still being able to have Origin.

I also think Valve's statement about them having happier customers by doing such is a little bit extreme, but I think it would only help their sales more then anything. Keep in mind though I'm also open to Valve putting their games out on different services, even though I doubt they will.

Also before someone inevitable talks about Steam being a monopoly. And unlike most "monopolies"(even though it's not), Steam doesn't harm it's customers, it actually has done a lot of great things for them(all of those great sales and their support for indie devs).

http://www.direct2drive.com/
http://www.impulsedriven.com/
http://www.gamersgate.com/
http://www.greenmangaming.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Newell Says Valve Needs To Bring... 2011-08-17 20:17:31

Well, good. EA are stupid for pulling games off Steam, they can make a lot more money (like they need it) on there.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to Newell Says Valve Needs To Bring... 2011-08-17 20:21:33

At 8/17/11 08:17 PM, LulzCal wrote: Well, good. EA are stupid for pulling games off Steam, they can make a lot more money (like they need it) on there.

Damn straight.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newell Says Valve Needs To Bring... 2011-08-17 20:53:05

I don't give a shit if Steam is a monopoly, I don't care because:
1. They know how to run their shit.
2. They offer beyond good prices on great games.
3. The downloads are very fast.
4. The menu's are all nice and neat.
5. It's safe and secure.
6. It doesn't take up a ton of space or memory.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Newell Says Valve Needs To Bring... 2011-08-17 21:20:43

At 8/17/11 08:53 PM, Magic-Mushroom wrote: I don't give a shit if Steam is a monopoly, I don't care because:
1. They know how to run their shit.
2. They offer beyond good prices on great games.
3. The downloads are very fast.
4. The menu's are all nice and neat.
5. It's safe and secure.
6. It doesn't take up a ton of space or memory.

But they aren't, that's why I put that comment at the end because there are numerous other digital distributors. It was just an inevitable comment that has been made in the past on this forum and in other places and I wanted to nip it before it was made.

BBS Signature

Response to Newell Says Valve Needs To Bring... 2011-08-17 21:51:56

Gabe... remember when you started steam you wanted valve titles on it only & we hated it & eventually came around to liking steam ea wants the same thing :P

Seriously though competition is good it lowers prices & steam was hated when valve started it just like origin is now but we will all eventually come around to liking it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newell Says Valve Needs To Bring... 2011-08-17 21:57:50

At 8/17/11 09:51 PM, KiDX05 wrote: Gabe... remember when you started steam you wanted valve titles on it only & we hated it & eventually came around to liking steam ea wants the same thing :P

Seriously though competition is good it lowers prices & steam was hated when valve started it just like origin is now but we will all eventually come around to liking it.

I agree it would be nice if they allowed Valve titles to be on other services, but Origin isn't the first "competition" to exist. And it would be a lot different if they never had EA titles on Steam but they did at one point and just started pulling them.

BBS Signature

Response to Newell Says Valve Needs To Bring... 2011-08-17 22:07:22

EA will screw DICE up. A good game fallen into the wrong hands.

Cod sales > bf sales.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Newell Says Valve Needs To Bring... 2011-08-17 22:58:21

At 8/17/11 08:21 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/17/11 08:17 PM, LulzCal wrote: Well, good. EA are stupid for pulling games off Steam, they can make a lot more money (like they need it) on there.
Damn straight.

You know me, I'm a very straight man. Tell it like is, no messing about.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to Newell Says Valve Needs To Bring... 2011-08-18 00:38:08

At 8/18/11 12:36 AM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 8/18/11 12:34 AM, Travis wrote: Of course, I will end up being wrong because fanboys/idiots will flock over.
Knowing BF fanboys, they'll probably try to make up reasons as to why Origin is actually BETTER than Steam.

Because that's what any fanboy would do.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newell Says Valve Needs To Bring... 2011-08-18 04:10:39

At 8/18/11 12:36 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: Knowing BF fanboys, they'll probably try to make up reasons as to why Origin is actually BETTER than Steam.

They already had. I remember a few people talking about how having BF3 as an Origin exclusive is good because it will prevent certain people from buying the game because they have to use Origin. Their reasoning was "only veteran's will download Origin just to play BF3".

BBS Signature

Response to Newell Says Valve Needs To Bring... 2011-08-18 08:58:59

The only game I'm really looking forward to before the end of the year is CS:GO really.

Dice is really taking it up the ass on this one; EA's like that upset parent who wont let thier child play with his friend nextdoor all because the kids mom didn't like her on Facebook. I don't even think Microsoft's relation to Bungie was as destructive as this. It's sad because BF3 would have probably dominated otherwise.

BBS Signature

Response to Newell Says Valve Needs To Bring... 2011-08-19 01:09:34

Origin is alright, maybe, but its not better than Steam. EA removing their games on Steam is not a good decision, they lose money.

Asian Users Club, Fighting racism since 1882.

Sig made by: InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature