00:00
00:00

Audio collab wanted :Riots:

789 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio collab wanted :Riots: 2011-08-13 17:27:19

Now don't gawk at me and say I'm being discriminatory with this next sentence: I have a cause in mind, and for this, Britons are highly preferred. But if anyone shares the same sentiments as we do over this, then you're more than welcome to join in.

I'm sure a lot of you would be more than aware about the riots and the unrest going on all over England. For the uninitiated, they all began after Tottenham resident Mike Duggan was shot by the police. Many, if not most of us, are affected by them. To the commonfolk (like many of you and me), it's a hindrance in many ways - traffic, noise, bad behaviour, sickening updates in the papers and on the small screen. To the angry mob of young looters, it's fun and they want more of this to happen (yes indeed). To Mike Duggan's family, the people who lost their sources of income (their shops and office buildings) and the people who lost their loved ones to the riots (one so far), this is an outright disaster which they did not see happening.

I'm glad that there are lots of people out there praying for the situation and for the people involved, picking up brooms and riot shields (as tea trays) to clean up the mess that has been made, and truly, we can see rays of hope in these situations.

So this is where we come in.

I have an idea, insignificant though it may be.

What if we spoke to the hearts of these people?

We all love songs, don't we? We all have come across songs about causes, haven't we? So too, do I want to sing about how futile it is to continue with the violence that is going on here in Britain. I want to sing something along the lines of 'Please, let us mend this broken land'.

I'm not a good lyricist, but I can come up with a tune. At the moment I've only got incomplete backing music. And I know that compared to the many other things that people do, this seems like nothing. But if it touches the hearts of at least some young people, if not all, that'll be a mission accomplished.

It doesn't matter how many people actually take part in this collab. There can be few, there can be many. So long as it's a collaborative effort and so long as it goes somewhere.

Response to Audio collab wanted :Riots: 2011-08-13 17:37:48

sounds like a worthy cause, but what exactly are you asking others to do? just write lyrics and/or sing? is there more to it than just that?

Response to Audio collab wanted :Riots: 2011-08-13 17:40:05

Writing lyrics and singing would be the integral starting point. From there, we'll have to spread the word on it and get it across. Getting it across would be the ultimate goal - we need lots and lots of people to respond, and if we just left it in a corner in NG alone, I don't know what little feedback it can gather, if at all.

Response to Audio collab wanted :Riots: 2011-08-13 17:42:23

This'd be like a morale booster, if you know what I mean. Yes, people have done things, but some people will not move until we tell them how horrific their actions are - and at the heat of the moment, everyone is caught up in the mob.

And this is me being overly optimistic, but: if we do get the song across to lots of listeners, hopefully, just hopefully, we might be able to get spotted, fork out some revenue, give it all to the people helping to rebuild the destroyed places, and that's another good deed done.

Response to Audio collab wanted :Riots: 2011-08-13 18:37:49

Well, I haven't understood what's been going on across the pond but I'll help in a collab, if it means something. I can sing and play a variety of instruments, my foremost instrument being bass guitar and my most interesting being baglama saz.

Let me know how I can be of help.

Response to Audio collab wanted :Riots: 2011-08-13 20:24:21

Thank you. I shall - and since I'll be away for a week or so starting Monday, I'll update the situation either tomorrow, or on my return.

Response to Audio collab wanted :Riots: 2011-08-13 21:07:38

At 8/13/11 08:50 PM, Computer112 wrote: Writing music, lyrics, beats or anything. I'm in.

Thank you for your resolve! I saw your PM, by the way.