00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Counter-Strike?

4,615 Views | 64 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 20:17:07

At 8/12/11 08:13 PM, Makeshift wrote:
I've actually never seen team work outside of mass camping in call of duty even on snd.
You probably don't play Call of Duty much. If you get in with friends, you can be tactical. And you must be exaggerating a whole lot, because people really don't camp as much as people say they do.

i played the call of duty's a lot when they came out up to black ops

yes I can confirm my experiences

but i guess we just have to reach an agreement

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 20:19:14

At 8/12/11 08:16 PM, zooos wrote: But you don't go into a thread about Street fighter just to talk about Mortal Kombat, it makes no sense. Especially when recently flamewars over COD have become an increasingly problem.

Flamewar =/= argument. We're not insulting each other, we're just trying to convince each other that we're right.

* Alex can be a girl's name. - Come talk to me. :)

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 20:19:43

At 8/12/11 08:16 PM, zooos wrote: I'd be willing to say as a whole COD is more casual then Counter Strike, that's just my opinion. But either way both games are casual in a sense and teamwork doesn't follow unless your on the competitive end of either game.

I don't mean to derail even more but I think that the casual gaming hatred is just fucking stupid (not that that's what you're doing particularly.) If casual gaming is playing games without taking them seriously and just for pure enjoyment then yeah I'm a casual gamer.

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 20:20:18

At 8/12/11 08:17 PM, naronic wrote: but i guess we just have to reach an agreement

Both games can have teamwork sometimes. Both games can not have teamwork sometimes.

?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 20:29:30

At 8/12/11 08:19 PM, AlexVII wrote:
At 8/12/11 08:16 PM, zooos wrote: But you don't go into a thread about Street fighter just to talk about Mortal Kombat, it makes no sense. Especially when recently flamewars over COD have become an increasingly problem.
Flamewar =/= argument. We're not insulting each other, we're just trying to convince each other that we're right.

But the argument is irrelevant to the topic at hand. The topic at hand is the fact they are in the process of making a new Counter Strike, not whether or not CS or COD are realistic or how they compare. And eventually it will turn into a flamewar.

Thread about new CS being made =/= Thread about how realistic COD/CS are and how they compare.

At 8/12/11 08:19 PM, GiantDouche wrote: I don't mean to derail even more but I think that the casual gaming hatred is just fucking stupid (not that that's what you're doing particularly.) If casual gaming is playing games without taking them seriously and just for pure enjoyment then yeah I'm a casual gamer.

I agree 100%, it's never made sense to me. I'm a casual gamer by that definition as well, people are just idiots sometimes.

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 20:41:55

Valve doesnt even know good games. See a good company like treyarch who made modern warfare know how to make game that apeels. i've never even heard of counter strike it's probably some dumb game like portals. btw they stole the portal idea from ID when they made Pray

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 20:42:59

At 8/12/11 08:41 PM, TheLameChildren wrote: Valve doesnt even know good games. See a good company like treyarch who made modern warfare know how to make game that apeels. i've never even heard of counter strike it's probably some dumb game like portals. btw they stole the portal idea from ID when they made Pray

You trying to "troll"? The point is to not make it so obvious.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 21:31:31

The TF2 hat that is going to come out with this is released is going to be badass.

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 21:31:42

Wow fuck, please don't compare CS to CoD. You are definitely not shooting someone "15 times in the legs", just open up your console and it'll tell you how many times you hit someone and for how much damage. See, in CS there's this thing called gun recoil, bullets go up and spread out if you hold down the trigger. In CoD you just spray at bodies, there's no need to aim.

CS is simply a much more competitive game that takes more teamwork and skill. CoD shouldn't have even been mentioned in a thread about CS. Shut the fuck up.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 22:12:55

At 8/12/11 09:31 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Wow fuck, please don't compare CS to CoD.

CS is simply a much more competitive game that takes more teamwork and skill. CoD shouldn't have even been mentioned in a thread about CS. Shut the fuck up.

Don't be such a hypocritical douche.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 22:13:23

Guys, why is it that every thread, I mean EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. THREAD. About an FPS game immediately gets compared to Call of Duty, then flamewars break out on which game is better and more realistic. All of you, shut your stupid fucking cunt mouths for five seconds and DISCUSS the FUCKING GAME that this THREAD IS ABOUT.

Fucking amateur, man.

tl;dr

New Counter-Strike?

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 22:17:35

It's funny how everyone saying not to post about Call of Duty is only posting about people posting about Call of Duty and not contributing to the thread. They also seem to be the only ones flaming and being dickbags. Oh man.

New Counter-Strike?

* Alex can be a girl's name. - Come talk to me. :)

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 22:23:12

At 8/12/11 10:13 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: All of you, shut your stupid fucking cunt mouths for five seconds and DISCUSS the FUCKING GAME that this THREAD IS ABOUT.

We got ourselves another hypocritical douche.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 22:28:00

At 8/12/11 10:23 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/12/11 10:13 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: All of you, shut your stupid fucking cunt mouths for five seconds and DISCUSS the FUCKING GAME that this THREAD IS ABOUT.
We got ourselves another hypocritical douche.

Who? Can't be me, I've contributed to the thread already, on the first page. You know, I actually discussed the game, not comparing it to a specific other series in hopes of causing a flame war. I had honest thoughts with a legitimate post. I don't understand what you're saying if you say it's me.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 22:35:42

At 8/12/11 10:28 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: Who? Can't be me, I've contributed to the thread already, on the first page. You know, I actually discussed the game, not comparing it to a specific other series in hopes of causing a flame war. I had honest thoughts with a legitimate post. I don't understand what you're saying if you say it's me.

You just made a post saying, "shut your stupid fucking cunt mouths". I wasn't being an asshole in my posts. I was just defending something that people were saying is shit and that I enjoy. Why can't we talk about what we want on this forum? Why do we have to go by such strict guidelines where we aren't able to defend our opinions on something when people are basically saying we have stupid opinions. I'm not going to just sit there and read someone say crap that isn't true about something I enjoy just because they don't like it the game. This is the video game forum and not talking about other video games in other threads and not comparing makes things boring. That's definitely me trying to start a flame war...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 23:24:32

Hello children:

This thread is not about Call of Duty. Nothing in the OP's post has anything to do with Call of Duty. I'd love to leave this alone and let you have a mature, and friendly debate/argument/disagreement about the merits of CS vs. COD. I truly would.

The problem is this: YOU FUCKERS CAN'T SEEM TO DO THAT!

But never fear, I have a solution!

Shut the fucking fuck up about COD and go back to talking about this new CS game, or I will lock this thread and hand out bans to miscreants who can't be arsed to read and abide by what I feel is a mostly friendly request for you to use a thread for it's proper purpose.

Have a good day and don't make me come back here. :)

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 00:47:43

If there really adding on to counter strike it would be best advised to make skill a big part of the game.
That's what made Counter strike uniquely well... CS. I would also like iron sight aiming and coverbased shooting to be out of the question and would totally go for some more weapons with their own unique recoil pattern

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 01:00:07

I don't really see the point in making a sequel to one of the still most popular PC Multiplayer games right now. I'm not sure how I would feel about it since Turtle Rock Studios obviously wouldn't be developing it.

Guess we'll see.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 01:04:24

At 8/13/11 01:00 AM, Viri wrote: I don't really see the point in making a sequel to one of the still most popular PC Multiplayer games right now. I'm not sure how I would feel about it since Turtle Rock Studios obviously wouldn't be developing it.

Guess we'll see.

They trying to make the game more tailored to competitive players, hence why they flew down a few talented players within the CSS community to test the game and assess feedback.

I know they've added 2 new grenades, one is a Molotov that slows down a player and another is a grenade that when thrown feigns sounds of a firefight, almost as a decoy to lure players towards it.

They also plan on having matchmaking for casuals and competitive players and are revamping a lot of maps to make them more tailored and usable within the competitive community.

And they've already said they aren't going to be using ironsights, which I like, so let's hope for the best and hope that the players they've flown down to test will have enough input to make necessary changes.

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 01:18:22

At 8/13/11 01:04 AM, zooos wrote:
At 8/13/11 01:00 AM, Viri wrote: I don't really see the point in making a sequel to one of the still most popular PC Multiplayer games right now.

Well for one thing, it isn't on consoles and this will bring in a huge crowd of fans. Counter-Strike could also use quite a few adjustments to make it perfect.

And they've already said they aren't going to be using ironsights, which I like

It's weird seeing a gun in my hands that I can't use properly, but I guess it doesn't matter because you have a crosshair. I still don't see why fanboys (I'm not talking about you) were roaring about the possibility of iron sights.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 08:02:10

At 8/12/11 06:54 PM, Travis wrote:
At 8/12/11 05:02 PM, MrPercie wrote: stuff
Hahaha that never happens in CoD.

It happens in battlefield!

Also, NG's quoted text system is broken.

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 09:10:45

At 8/13/11 07:14 AM, MrPercie wrote: lets hope they actually make night vison goggles worth to purchase other than just turning up your monitor brightness.

I hope they just remove them since they are pointless. I'm interested to see what weapons they've added. I also read they are tweaking weapons and trying to make them more useful so that the classic 4; AK, M4, AWP, Deagle, aren't the only weapons being used.

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 09:58:13

Press release soon.

Also, new Source engine is rumored.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 09:58:53

Fuck this. Do we really need another fucking bullshit monochrome first person shooter game?
Valve, get your head out of your ass and make a new unique completely unrealistic game.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 10:17:09

Also:

Classic gameplay: No ironsights

So this either means:
a) No ironsights at all.
b) Ironsights in the game, can play without them in classic mode.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 11:17:11

You fucking faggots arguring over fucking realism???

Does realism = fun?

You know why we play games? for fun. Reality is usually NOT that fun. Who fucking cares if you shoot somone in the head and they don't die. It's a GAME, not Super Fun Columbine simulator.

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 11:36:41

At 8/13/11 10:17 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Also:

Classic gameplay: No ironsights
So this either means:
a) No ironsights at all.
b) Ironsights in the game, can play without them in classic mode.

That is kinda lame. I actually don't really care if irons are there or not. Having two split modes seems kinda silly.

At 8/13/11 11:17 AM, Iamsofuckingcool wrote:
Does realism = fun?

To some people, it does, actually.

You know why we play games? for fun. Reality is usually NOT that fun.

A lot of people find realism to be fun, games like ArmA and flying sims have pretty large communities. Just look at Project Reality, a BF2 mod aimed at being very realistic, and it's one of the most popular mods with one of the biggest communities.

In my opinion, realism can actually be very fun in games, but I don't really care for it, it's really irrelivant for me.

Also, why do you use some many question marks??????

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 12:00:03

The Valve fanbase is full of purists. 1.7 has more players than CSS currently, they just hate change.

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 16:28:33

At 8/13/11 12:00 PM, GiantDouche wrote: The Valve fanbase is full of purists. 1.7 has more players than CSS currently, they just hate change.

css is being played more than 1.7 and tf2 has taken css's place at the top of steam stats
TF2 is probably the only multiplayer game that has ever tied with counter strike in quality

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-13 16:50:21

"What's this Episode 3 people keep demanding? Fuck it, let's just do a sequel to Counter Strike".

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature