00:00
00:00

New Counter-Strike?

3,732 Views | 64 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

* Alex can be a girl's name. - Come talk to me. :)

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 12:59:51


I'm not sure if I should be excited, or worried. I love the same CSS I've been playing for the past millenia.


It tolls for thee.

Thanks to IncendiaryProduction for the sig!

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 13:07:36


Makes sense that they'd hold off the next episode of one of the best FPS series ever to make a new version of a perfect game that doesn't need a sequel.


A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 13:34:48


I can't see them making another counter strike without turning it into some dirt color filtered iron sight eye exam cover based fps to fit "modern" standards.

Besides Counter strike is thriving, it doesn't need a sequel


BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 15:56:36


I'm really worried it's gunna be a disaster, or just disappointing to my standards. I still will play 1.6 though.

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 16:18:49


Hmm, Counter Strike on consoles, I cant see that being very fun to play. Still, I love CS and I'm looking forward to this, heck if its anything Valve I'll get excited.


| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 16:26:16


At 8/12/11 04:18 PM, LulzCal wrote: Hmm, Counter Strike on consoles, I cant see that being very fun to play. Still, I love CS and I'm looking forward to this, heck if its anything Valve I'll get excited.

I played the original Counter-Strike on the Xbox a long time ago and didn't play it on PC until a few years ago. There isn't much difference, but I'll probably end up buying Global Offensive on PC because I can just imagine the swarm of people treating this like Call of Duty on consoles. I have nothing against the game and I know Call of Duty is on PC, but there is a noticeable difference when playing games on consoles vs playing them on PC.


* Alex can be a girl's name. - Come talk to me. :)

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 16:40:13


well shit i cant wait


"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 16:42:31


Wow, Valve's trying too hard to stay away from Half-Life 3, aren't they?

And I don't know if I'll get this or not, frankly because I am terrible at Counter-Strike. But we'll see. I wonder, though, how the console versions will fare, especially with games like Call of Duty and Battlefield being wildly popular.

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 16:53:38


At 8/12/11 04:42 PM, FlaminSquirrel wrote: Wow, Valve's trying too hard to stay away from Half-Life 3, aren't they?

And I don't know if I'll get this or not, frankly because I am terrible at Counter-Strike. But we'll see. I wonder, though, how the console versions will fare, especially with games like Call of Duty and Battlefield being wildly popular.

90% of the CS:GO players on console-

Download it because they've heard of it on the internet and watched montages. Think it is the next step up at being a pro CoD gamer so they download it. They pretend to their friends they have played it before and they're awesome at it.

Realise you cannot aim down sight or sprint (because Valve will not ruin CS with these things), realise they will get killed all the time because they suck at it and it doesn't play like CoD.

Rage quite, never play again and continue being 'pro' at MW3.


| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 17:09:59


At 8/12/11 05:02 PM, MrPercie wrote: too headshot tastic if you ask me

I love shooting a guy 15 times in the legs and torso only to have him kill me with a single bullet to the head.


// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 17:17:18


At 8/12/11 05:02 PM, MrPercie wrote:
thats the reason i find CS shit

it is supposed to be realistic warfare but call of duty is much closer to realism than CS is

no sprint option is retarded, the hole point of modern combat is that you have two squads, one squads supresses the enemy under a hail of bullets while another squad sprints to cover which with give them a clear shot of the enemy. although this doesnt happen in cod all the time, it is possible to do.

and not to mention the guns in CS are unaccurate as fuck, I know the M249 machine gun in CS doesnt suck that much, im sure as hell it would do better than a M4A1

if anything CS is shit, too headshot tastic if you ask me, with crappy movement, cover, controls and maps

I don't really understand how realism makes a game more or less entertaining.

And yes people definately use those squad tactics in CoD instead of camping in a corner.

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 17:25:35


Iron sights!
Brown!
Kill Streaks!
Bloom!

Seriously, I don't even like Counter-Strike but if there is one game that does not need a sequel, that's it.


In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 17:33:37


At 8/12/11 05:02 PM, MrPercie wrote:
At 8/12/11 04:53 PM, LulzCal wrote: Realise you cannot aim down sight or sprint (because Valve will not ruin CS with these things), realise they will get killed all the time because they suck at it and it doesn't play like CoD.
thats the reason i find CS shit

it is supposed to be realistic warfare but call of duty is much closer to realism than CS is

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

oh wow lol


BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 18:15:55


Counter strike was more of a hardcore pc gamer game but then again you never know it could be a great online game. It has everything a console gamer would. But the ultimate question is CAN WE USE SPRAYS?


cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 18:37:25


Here's a bunch of info about it. Besides the nerfs to the AK/M4 and grenades that do 100+ dmg (which will most likely be tweaked) it sounds damn promising.


And that's perception.

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 18:45:08


A leaked screenshot already!

New Counter-Strike?


| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 18:45:21


Why do I feel like global offensive is going to go down the path of TF2 and be a free MMOFPS game, with micro-transactions in game for shit like decorations and what not.


I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 19:01:43


At 8/12/11 05:53 PM, MrPercie wrote:
At 8/12/11 05:33 PM, naronic wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

oh wow lol
CS player takes point blank shotgun blast, doesnt kill

CoD player takes point blank shotgun blast, kill

rest mah case

Cod player takes a 50 cal bullet to the body. Doesn't get killed, lays down on the ground for 5 seconds and is able to take yet another 50 cal bullet. I don't see how that is realism.


It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Find me on the internet

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 19:10:32


At 8/12/11 07:01 PM, tally1989 wrote:
At 8/12/11 05:53 PM, MrPercie wrote:
At 8/12/11 05:33 PM, naronic wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

oh wow lol
CS player takes point blank shotgun blast, doesnt kill

CoD player takes point blank shotgun blast, kill

rest mah case

CoD player can get shot several times in the face with a pistol, doesnt kill
CoD player can get slashed with a knife anywhere in body, including feet, kill


| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 19:14:16


This turned into a discussion about realism in Counter-Strike versus Call of Duty? Really?


* Alex can be a girl's name. - Come talk to me. :)

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 19:36:17


At 8/12/11 05:53 PM, MrPercie wrote:
At 8/12/11 05:33 PM, naronic wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

oh wow lol
CS player takes point blank shotgun blast, doesnt kill

CoD player takes point blank shotgun blast, kill

rest mah case

CS actual team work to complete an objective
burst firing

COD people running around quick scoping, drop shotting, camping and using as little communication to thier team as possible

i think i rest my case


BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 19:42:38


At 8/12/11 07:36 PM, naronic wrote: CS actual team work to complete an objective
burst firing

COD people running around quick scoping, drop shotting, camping and using as little communication to thier team as possible

i think i rest my case

Are you fucking kidding me? I barely ever see teamwork in Counter-Strike. I see the same bullshit you described Call of Duty as.


// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 19:54:21


At 8/12/11 07:42 PM, Makeshift wrote:
Are you fucking kidding me? I barely ever see teamwork in Counter-Strike. I see the same bullshit you described Call of Duty as.

Then it's clear you probably don't play counter strike that much because I see team work all the time, especially on the scrim servers I go to.

I've actually never seen team work outside of mass camping in call of duty even on snd.


BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 19:58:17


At 8/12/11 07:49 PM, Travis wrote: It looks like another thread that has nothing to do with Call of Duty... is now... about Call of Duty.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with these forum goers. "Oh look, a CS topic, I think I'll talk about COD".
If you guys are going to be that blatantly stupid go find some other forum to pedal your stupidity in.

Oh and the idiots posting generic bland versions of how a game function, I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can talk that way about any game and make it sound stupid.

And teamwork rarely exists in "casual" or "public" play, when you get into the competitive side teamwork is needed in both games and is apparent.


BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 20:11:31


At 8/12/11 07:10 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: There are millions of people playing CoD every second.

want to bet

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 20:13:11


At 8/12/11 07:58 PM, zooos wrote:
At 8/12/11 07:49 PM, Travis wrote: It looks like another thread that has nothing to do with Call of Duty... is now... about Call of Duty.
Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with these forum goers. "Oh look, a CS topic, I think I'll talk about COD".

I wasn't talking about Call of Duty, but this is a video game forum, and Call of Duty is a video game, so if it is brought up in a thread, people are allowed to discuss it.

At 8/12/11 07:54 PM, naronic wrote: Then it's clear you probably don't play counter strike that much because I see team work all the time, especially on the scrim servers I go to.

If you're just matchmaking you're not going to find a lot of people who don't want to play as a team. Same as just browsing for a Counter-Strike server to play on.

I've actually never seen team work outside of mass camping in call of duty even on snd.

You probably don't play Call of Duty much. If you get in with friends, you can be tactical. And you must be exaggerating a whole lot, because people really don't camp as much as people say they do.


// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 20:13:12


At 8/12/11 07:58 PM, zooos wrote: And teamwork rarely exists in "casual" or "public" play, when you get into the competitive side teamwork is needed in both games and is apparent.

counter strike is definitely a casual game. i mean it's basically cooking mama.

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 20:16:12


nevermind that, misread

Response to New Counter-Strike? 2011-08-12 20:16:14


At 8/12/11 08:13 PM, Makeshift wrote: I wasn't talking about Call of Duty, but this is a video game forum, and Call of Duty is a video game, so if it is brought up in a thread, people are allowed to discuss it.

If you weren't then my post was directed at you. But you don't go into a thread about Street fighter just to talk about Mortal Kombat, it makes no sense. Especially when recently flamewars over COD have become an increasingly problem.

At 8/12/11 08:13 PM, GiantDouche wrote: counter strike is definitely a casual game. i mean it's basically cooking mama.

I'd be willing to say as a whole COD is more casual then Counter Strike, that's just my opinion. But either way both games are casual in a sense and teamwork doesn't follow unless your on the competitive end of either game.


BBS Signature