00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw

34,237 Views | 207 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2014-12-14 09:18:36

oh hey I made visual thing for once. downloaded a not very good pixel art app for my phone and made this to go with a text adventure a friend is maybe writing.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2014-12-14 09:28:30

At 12/14/14 09:18 AM, lovingthedark wrote: oh hey I made visual thing for once. downloaded a not very good pixel art app for my phone and made this to go with a text adventure a friend is maybe writing.

Fucking beautiful.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2014-12-16 14:54:35

I love the anatomy drawings you've done! Also like that last pixel thing. Wanted to look through all the pages and it was neat. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2014-12-16 18:14:14

At 12/14/14 09:18 AM, lovingthedark wrote: oh hey I made visual thing for once. downloaded a not very good pixel art app for my phone and made this to go with a text adventure a friend is maybe writing.

I gotta say, I know it's been a while since you posted art here, but this really stinks.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2015-02-17 22:48:05

Quick thing I started last night. Advice welcome- I started this with no real plan for where it'd end up, and that probably shows.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2015-02-18 00:07:59

At 2/17/15 10:48 PM, lovingthedark wrote: Quick thing I started last night. Advice welcome- I started this with no real plan for where it'd end up, and that probably shows.

Structure-wise I think everything is looking good right now. The lighting is nice and subtle with the yellow and blue reflecting off of her hair standing out especially, the circle behind her head right now feels a little too much in the medium value range though. I think by extending blue and yellow sides further in or giving them more glow to get the center it will bring out her head a bit more and strngthen the focal point without giving her a bright halo type thing.
I'd say the top third or so is the strongest area and the clear focal point so the bottom two thirds I think could lead up to it better by toning down the values on either side and get progressively brighter up to the top area; also I personally I would get more of those yellows and blues in on the cloth to get some more color contrast going - though that's just my thing. Also some of the edges on the body are getting a little lost, but I'm sure that'll get cleaned up as you progress.
I attached a rough draw over thing to better illustrate my pointers.
Hope that helped in some capacity!

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2015-02-18 06:53:31

At 2/18/15 12:07 AM, JackDCurleo wrote::

really good advice

oh man, thanks!

here's the current state- i think it's mostly done but i'm sure there are some finishing touches i'll see once i take enough time off to get a new sense of it. i had a vague plan originally of maybe adding a quilt pattern to the fabric but i think that i'm ditching that idea. again, crit welcome.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2015-03-02 12:11:32

Here's a collage piece I did for the gallery/set dressing of a play adaptation of Roger Corman's film Bucket of Blood, which is set in a beatnik club. I'll upload it to the portal once I'm not just on my phone and I've had time to see/edit the image on a larger screen.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2015-03-05 02:07:54

At 2/18/15 06:53 AM, lovingthedark wrote: At 2/18/15 12:07 AM, JackDCurleo wrote::
really good advice
oh man, thanks!

here's the current state- i think it's mostly done but i'm sure there are some finishing touches i'll see once i take enough time off to get a new sense of it. i had a vague plan originally of maybe adding a quilt pattern to the fabric but i think that i'm ditching that idea. again, crit welcome.

This is what you were working on in the stream, right? Turning/turned out well, nice work, Dark.

Only real critique to offer is the lack of eye-drawing visual detail/noise. Quilt pattern would've rectified that nicely, but what can you do? Also it probably works better as an illustration at a higher resolution, it's hard to make some details out. But then, I'm not about to win any awards for eyesight.

Either way, good work with both that and the weird-ass collage that I'm sure would make some sort of sense if I knew the source material.

Thanks! I thought about using some fancy photoshop blending tools to layer in the patterning after all but I decided I wasn't sufficiently invested in the project to bother importing it into another program. Here are the full versions of that piece and the bucket of blood one.

Also I did a shadow puppet show with some friends on Saturday, here's a pic. (credit for the design parts mostly goes to other people, but still)

HEY I still exist and make art, it's just mostly performance stuff or massive, massively collaborative projects that I can only take a smidgen of the credit for. Point in case, this one: three of my friends and I are making a 15 foot long float for a lantern parade.

At 8/13/15 04:19 AM, JojoDodo wrote:
heyyyyyyyyy! I'd love to see photos of that when it's finished ^^

The lantern parade was last Saturday! A friend took these photos.

Since last post I've helped put on a small puppet show about a ghostly lesbian murder ballad (video coming soon!) and helped put on a large full scale cock rock opera about space and time travel and dick jokes (videos here and here- I didn't do much for the videos but I helped various teams with the live performance, now available on vimeo on demand). I also cohosted a small puppet-making party the other night and made this dude out of scraps we had lying around.

He's not really a finished puppet but it's one of the more cohesive non-collaborative pieces I've made in a long time. He's also a sort of a hasty prototype for the full-scale shoebill puppet I'd like properly to make someday when I have less projects going on.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2016-02-27 10:55:19

God I hate this thread title.

Anyway, I made a thing with my friends! It's on NG now! Go vote or enjoy it or whatever.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2016-02-27 11:01:08

At 2/27/16 10:55 AM, radiodark wrote: God I hate this thread title.

Anyway, I made a thing with my friends! It's on NG now! Go vote or enjoy it or whatever.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/671194

That was a lot of fun to watch.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2016-03-04 02:58:31

At 2/27/16 10:55 AM, radiodark wrote: God I hate this thread title.

Funny, the prostitution connotation didn't hit me as strong or offensive.
Hey, I didn't know you had a thread here, wow lots of good stuff!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/671194

Pretty sure I reviewed it, was an awesome production :)

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2016-05-20 00:39:07

WIP: Plan for a carved wooden screen for a rock opera. Will be 6"6".

At 5/20/16 12:39 AM, radiodark wrote: WIP

WIP 2.0. Also I meant to say it'll be 6'x6'.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2016-05-23 05:28:30

At 5/23/16 01:56 AM, radiodark wrote: WIP 2.0. Also I meant to say it'll be 6'x6'.

WIP 3.0

WIP 4.0. I've run into trouble where I don't know how the fuck we'll cut it in time for the show- the cnc router we meant to use is booked apparently. I /really/ don't have time to do it all by hand, but I might try anyway.

These'll be two doors and a top piece, btw. They'll open at the center line.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2016-05-25 15:32:49

At 5/25/16 02:09 AM, radiodark wrote: WIP 4.0. I've run into trouble where I don't know how the fuck we'll cut it in time for the show- the cnc router we meant to use is booked apparently. I /really/ don't have time to do it all by hand, but I might try anyway.

that top part wld hv made a uniquely wonderful piece for the "Dragons vs Kittens" COTM
Inside thinking: Oh wait is this "Dragons vs Kittens" Opera

though seriously, Fantastic Work & HOPE everything works out.

At 5/25/16 03:32 PM, Akuaitance wrote: that top part wld hv made a uniquely wonderful piece for the "Dragons vs Kittens" COTM
Inside thinking: Oh wait is this "Dragons vs Kittens" Opera

though seriously, Fantastic Work & HOPE everything works out.

Oh shit, I wasn't even thinking of that! It's a rock opera about a female musician in the court of Justinian and Theodora (around 537 ad, the byzantine era in Constantinople) that falls in love with the Persian ambassador's daughter with tragic results. Somewhere in our research someone said that Justinian's animal was the dragon (in retrospect having tried to do my own research I think they were mistaken but whatever it's too late now) and I saw some mosaics at the BMA where the lion was representative of Persia so I figured it would be a statement on inter-empire politics. I didn't think of Jazza's contest at all! That's really funny.

Also my friend that runs the workshop with the router we need came back from maker fair last night, saw our email and decided she could sneak us in. All is well and I won't have to do it all by hand in just a few days somehow. I'm so relieved.

At 5/25/16 02:09 AM, radiodark wrote: WIP 4.0. I've run into trouble where I don't know how the fuck we'll cut it in time for the show- the cnc router we meant to use is booked apparently. I /really/ don't have time to do it all by hand, but I might try anyway.

...and I was just gonna ask about robo routing, and -gasp- deadlines :( Chainsaw and a digital projector? Oh man, deadline and power tools just do not mix, so glad I've been lucky thus far. The love for the art itself really helps temper things.

BTW, the work you've done on this was genuinely superb, very holistic almost Amish looking

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Thanks, all. My backup plan was to print out the designs using a program called PosteRazor that slices up large images into .pdf docs sized so you can print them out on letter paper and patch them large again. Then transfer it to the luan board with carbon paper, then cut out the design using a combination of a dremel and a jigsaw. It would have worked but it would have taken forever ever.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2016-05-26 05:14:01

At 5/26/16 04:58 AM, radiodark wrote: Thanks, all. My backup plan was to print out the designs using a program called PosteRazor that slices up large images into .pdf docs sized so you can print them out on letter paper and patch them large again. Then transfer it to the luan board with carbon paper, then cut out the design using a combination of a dremel and a jigsaw. It would have worked but it would have taken forever ever.

Showbusiness can sure be rough, like a roughneck Marine, you have to improvise, adapt and overcome to do your job. Doing it optically with a sheet, plexiglass/mylar and a projector would be my fall back position, depends on how the audience is arranged and where...

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2016-05-29 15:06:06

it's coming along!

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2016-05-30 00:56:11

At 5/29/16 03:06 PM, radiodark wrote: it's coming along!

Some pretty big setbacks but still a lot of progress. It turned out that image I showed was not just a WIP and that that bottom third of that image hadn't been cut out, and that I had to use a drill and a scroll saw to get it all out. Also the router didn't go all the way through on any of the wood because someone forgot to bring a piece of wood to line the back and serve as a barrier between the piece we're cutting and the router bed so the one they had to use was really janky. Oh well, it's still cool tech. Means I have to cut out all of all three sheets with a dremel and sand down the edges before staining, but at least as it's for theater not all of the edges have to be perfect.

Cool, no bloodloss! Sure looks sweet, I've always been a sucker for wood paneling. Glad the router gave you the control you needed... I swear, the patience of women never ceases to amaze me. Must've taken a few hours to cut all that out.

BBS Signature

At 5/25/16 04:10 PM, radiodark wrote:
Oh shit, I wasn't even thinking of that! It's a rock opera about a female musician in the court of Justinian and Theodora (around 537 ad, the byzantine era in Constantinople) that falls in love with the Persian ambassador's daughter with tragic results. Somewhere in our research someone said that Justinian's animal was the dragon (in retrospect having tried to do my own research I think they were mistaken but whatever it's too late now) and I saw some mosaics at the BMA where the lion was representative of Persia so I figured it would be a statement on inter-empire politics. I didn't think of Jazza's contest at all! That's really funny.

Also my friend that runs the workshop with the router we need came back from maker fair last night, saw our email and decided she could sneak us in. All is well and I won't have to do it all by hand in just a few days somehow. I'm so relieved.

you know after reading thru Theodora and the Byzantine/Persian empiredepending on which historic perspective you look at it together with the nations and their respective mythical creatures / artifacts that top part actually fits in inter-empire politics so well | but back toTheodora the Great, apart of history that i did not know of but now knows of..,she had wits.
Am glad everything worked out, but more-so the story is not between Justinian & Theodora, otherwise being miles away, i wld hv felt like i was missing out.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2016-05-31 22:11:29

At 5/31/16 04:15 PM, VicariousE wrote: Cool, no bloodloss!

I mean I nicked my hands a bunch. No real pain or damage though.

Sure looks sweet, I've always been a sucker for wood paneling. Glad the router gave you the control you needed... I swear, the patience of women never ceases to amaze me. Must've taken a few hours to cut all that out.

Like 5 for the router itself, I'm guessing, though I wasn't there and handed off the project to someone else for that bit. Then another 6 or 7 on my part to fix up and stain the stupid things. They still need reinforcement and a plan to get them to stand alone. (They also need more sanding, but we were getting to crunch time and that won't matter from a distance) We're going to back them with paper and cast projections on to the back. Somehow all this will get done in then next ten days along with a bajillion other tasks.