00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MLP serious discussion thread

123,634 Views | 1,032 Replies

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 00:49:17

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 01:20:53

im sure that the creators of the show are very surprise of their success with male audience

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 02:20:04

At 8/29/11 12:44 AM, Matkingos wrote: Will not be able to un-hear it

that was well worth my time, post that in the post all videos here thread as well, that deserves to be archived there as well

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 04:37:19

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 04:55:25

ok time for a new discussion, the most serios discussion so far...
HATERS

im not talking about the people not liking the show, im talking about the haters.
i want to get the best understanding of them as possible. what drives people to spew so much bullshit and hatred on something that they never watched?
sure my little pony was considered a girly and shitty show for 30 years but if so many people say it's good, why aren't they giving a chance? at worst he will just say 'not a bad show i just don't like it'. instead they invade brony threads and scream about how gay and stupid my little pony used to be.
i could never hate someone for liking something. so how come so many people are flaming bronies even it's completly unrelated?

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 05:16:28

At 8/29/11 04:55 AM, yos2 wrote: stuff

Only the unloved hate.

We're. Gonna. LOVE THEM.

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 06:20:52

Here's my theory.
These guys see bronies liking the show and think "Guys liking a cartoon for girls. I'm gonna hate and flame them for it to increase my masculinity". Which more than likely means they're insecure of theirs.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 07:38:50

At 8/29/11 07:28 AM, ScaryPicnic wrote: It's because My Little Pony is a feminine show,

Has nothing to do with weakness of character, it has to do with not being the show's target demographic...

Its a show designed for 4 year olds.. I don't like barney, or dora, or my little pony.. I remember when I was 13-14 I became obsessed with Care Bears. Eventually I realized it was a show for 4 year olds and got over it. :/

!NG Birthday List! :3 Current Count: 151 <3|||HELLO OPERATOR!|||Greatest Thread Ever!

Formerly, and still,Rahvin-the-vampire. Thanks Valjylmyr :)

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 07:53:09

At 8/29/11 07:40 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: Alright, so after seeing how much of a cult following this show has gotten, I decided to look up the Pilot episode. After watching both parts, I think I can safely that that it was...
...adequate.
Yeah, it was okay. Better than most kids' shows nowadays, but still nothing spectacular.

You don't really get a good taste of the show from the first two episodes. They are actually pretty different from of the other episodes and I reckon almost every other episode is way better. You should try watching some of the other ones, you'll get a much better impression after watching them.

Why yes, that IS a large collection of 1998 "Smithy's Favourite Times" Licenced Cereal Pop Toys!

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 10:08:15

At 8/29/11 10:00 AM, Tummbumm wrote: they don't want it around their forums

Their forums? These forums belong to tom and wade. Their not "our" forums. We're here to do what we like just like you are. If it bothers you, why look at it, or even visit the thread?

Unless tom or wade came out and said 'No pony gay shit hurdurr it's not manly" You or anyone else can't stop us from Talking about ponies or having pony threads.

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 10:14:26

At 8/29/11 10:08 AM, Tummbumm wrote: GET OFF YOUR FURRY HIGH HORSE YOU DIRTY PEDOPHILE

Ignore this guy, his team lost 8-2 yesterday. I'd be in a bad mood as well.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 10:15:54

At 8/29/11 10:08 AM, Tummbumm wrote:
At 8/29/11 10:06 AM, Confucianism wrote: The big people are talking.
YOU ARE NOT BIG

YOU SPEND HOURS DISCUSSING A SHOW FOR CHILDREN

GET OFF YOUR FURRY HIGH HORSE YOU DIRTY PEDOPHILE

Listen to this man, for he speaks the truth! Let us bask in his infinite wisdom!

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 10:17:53

Do not feed the trolls. Responding to them only adds to the problem. That aside, most of you are doing well with this thread. Hopefully you guys don't ruin that.

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 12:03:21

At 8/29/11 10:17 AM, Bahamut wrote: Do not feed the trolls. Responding to them only adds to the problem. That aside, most of you are doing well with this thread. Hopefully you guys don't ruin that.

now THESE are true words of wisdom. +1 rep if that button existed

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 12:03:59

At 8/29/11 02:20 AM, tox wrote:
At 8/29/11 12:44 AM, Matkingos wrote: Will not be able to un-hear it
that was well worth my time, post that in the post all videos here thread as well, that deserves to be archived there as well

The second one is even better!

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 12:05:32

At 8/29/11 10:17 AM, Bahamut wrote: Do not feed the trolls. Responding to them only adds to the problem. That aside, most of you are doing well with this thread. Hopefully you guys don't ruin that.

Your making it sound like we are your pupils in some class or something...Come on Bahamut...

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 12:20:19

At 8/29/11 08:20 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
Derpy still remained humorous.

I chuckle every time I spot Derpy, but without reading fan made stuff about her, I don't think she adds much humor to the show.
-
With season 2 rolling around soon, and Princess Luna having some sort of role in it, what type of personality are you guys hoping she'll have?

I personally like Luna as a shy and reserved character, but that'd probably make her too much like Fluttershy(My favorite, so I wouldn't mind).

I like Trollestia purely because it makes Luna looks more pitiable and therefore cuter.

Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 12:27:51

At 8/29/11 12:20 PM, Acronze wrote: With season 2 rolling around soon, and Princess Luna having some sort of role in it, what type of personality are you guys hoping she'll have?

I personally like Luna as a shy and reserved character, but that'd probably make her too much like Fluttershy(My favorite, so I wouldn't mind).

I like Luna being nice, sort of like Fluttershy with how she is around people. I also like the idea of her still having her 100 years + of experience though, being able to see through people and the like. Sadly I see her as being sad as she doesn't get much attention stilletc. But I would love it if she could be happy.

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 12:42:29

At 8/29/11 12:40 PM, NotBryan wrote: Everyone that comments in here and doesn't like MLP is troll.

I don't like it . . .

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 12:46:14

At 8/29/11 12:43 PM, NotBryan wrote:
At 8/29/11 12:42 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/29/11 12:40 PM, NotBryan wrote: Everyone that comments in here and doesn't like MLP is troll.
I don't like it . . .
Then why did you comment here?

I sometimes browse this thread because I'm interested in what's going on with this group. I had commented here previously but I'm not a "troll". Just because I don't like something and I want to discuss it to see why people like it doesn't mean I'm trying to make people angry.

YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING SO YOU MUST BE A TROLL ... yep.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 13:38:39

At 8/29/11 04:37 AM, Corpus-Delicti wrote: Fact: Every Brony has seen this at least once. Fact.

I watched the whole dang thing. pretty entertaining if you ask me. I like Pinkie's Shoop clips.

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!

REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 13:42:44

Well, since it looks like everything is finally in order, i got another discussion topic.

So we all love the show and some of its....merchandise. So what kind of merch do you have exactly and how much?

Honestly, i can't believe i'm saying this but i don't have any kind of merch. I really want to get some t-shirts though. I can't because i can't make purchases online. Hopefully though, i can find some at my nearest hot topic.

My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 13:49:30

At 8/29/11 01:42 PM, coleknows wrote: Well, since it looks like everything is finally in order, i got another discussion topic.

So we all love the show and some of its....merchandise. So what kind of merch do you have exactly and how much?

I do not own any merchandise, although it would be pretty awesome to have a Fluttershy shirt... I would never buy the dolls or anything like that. Its not my thing...

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!

REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 13:50:47

At 8/29/11 01:49 PM, Finalfina wrote:
At 8/29/11 01:42 PM, coleknows wrote: Well, since it looks like everything is finally in order, i got another discussion topic.

I do not own any merchandise, although it would be pretty awesome to have a Fluttershy shirt... I would never buy the dolls or anything like that. Its not my thing...

Same here. I never really understood why people like the dolls so much.

Meh, it's what they like so i won't argue.

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 13:51:18

At 8/29/11 01:42 PM, coleknows wrote: So we all love the show and some of its....merchandise. So what kind of merch do you have exactly and how much?

My 9 year old sister has a bunch of My Little Pony toys that she's growing out of... I'll sell them to you.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 13:53:12

At 8/29/11 01:51 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/29/11 01:42 PM, coleknows wrote: So we all love the show and some of its....merchandise. So what kind of merch do you have exactly and how much?
My 9 year old sister has a bunch of My Little Pony toys that she's growing out of... I'll sell them to you.

nah.

Im fine.

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 15:36:33

The love of MLP:FiM comes from us wanting to learn the true meaning of happiness and friendship. We adore the many spectrums of light from rainbows and also adore the sound of sparkles and such. Basically, we are letting out our manly sensitive side. We are not brutes, we don't understand why you hate and resist this, it shall consume you as it has to us. I once wondered, "what is this shit? Why do men love ponies?" I then realized the facts and couldn't resist any longer, I was consumed.
Good day, I have some episodes to catch up on.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 15:41:53

I still have no merchandise myself, I really do want a cuddly toy or plushie of some characters, and also really want to have some of the little toys you can brush they are adorable. Sadly shops just dont exist near me with any of that sort of stuff. Good website for those?

I'm actually considering buying a plushie I saw someone make on DeviantArt, it was of Luna, was really cute.

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 15:49:41

At 8/29/11 03:41 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Good website for those?

Walmart.com

I recommend the Halloween costume, it would look great on you. Actually, I'm not sure it would come in your size.

MLP serious discussion thread

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-29 15:53:55

At 8/29/11 03:49 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/29/11 03:41 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Good website for those?
Walmart.com

I recommend the Halloween costume, it would look great on you. Actually, I'm not sure it would come in your size.

We don't get walmart over here. And the Asda we apparently get instead seems to not have any relation stockwise.

BBS Signature