00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twmimic001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Play Ultima Online for free.

40,361 Views | 331 Replies

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-01 12:53:12

Guys, Ultima 4 is being released for free soon.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-02 07:48:01

At 9/1/11 09:55 AM, GoodFish wrote:
At 9/1/11 09:37 AM, Legnus wrote: Apparently as I'm going to the download page, it says that I shouldn't update it fully....what do?
You update using the IPY patch. Do not use the Electronic Arts patches or connect to an EA server.

And you have to wait anyways.

Oh, okay, that's a bit of a relief; I never really liked EA a lot.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-02 22:37:58

Hmmmm.... This seems interesting. *Begins downloading*

I'll give it a shot, I might not get a chance to play tonight though because I've got things going on tomorrow, but Sunday and Monday I'm free, so I'm sure I'll be raped a few times over until I find a way to defend myself.

To those who said this gave you a virus, you bitches better have been kidding >:/

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-03 19:22:29

At 9/2/11 10:37 PM, Gamewiz wrote:
To those who said this gave you a virus, you bitches better have been kidding >:/

I'm pretty sure that was unrelated because I've had no problems with it since I downloaded it.

Also, it's double skill scroll drop weekend. Get dungeoning ;)

I feel poor, I don't own a house or anything, besides a boat.

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-06 22:34:29

Was treasure hunting this morning and I think i found Cast's house...

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-19 13:55:19

Was on last night, and attended the Cove dog fights. Was great fun. I nabbed one screenshot from it. Congrats to Muy for getting 4th place

Btw, I'll be on considerably less now that I started a semester of school. I'll definitely play weekends though ;)

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-19 14:04:27

I played UO more religiously than any other game in my entire life. I'll definitely be getting down on some of this. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-19 17:35:31

Finally got around to downloading this, and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Well, I've got a general idea. But not playing a game for 10+ years makes you... forgetful.

Halp.

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-19 18:25:08

Sorry if it was already posted, but I'm too lazy to go through all the pages.

Is this a standard OSI rip? Are there caps for skills and stats? (obviously for stats, but what are they?) What version is it running, IE mundanes, etc. (hoping for second age)

Also, what roles need to be filled for the NG guild. I used to have a GM blacksmith/Miner on the OSI server of Second age... and I'm pretty certain I'm not willing to throw away 3 years of my life for a free shard, hahaha.

BBS Signature

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-20 17:50:02

Been playing for a while now and it's all coming back to me. Still completely oblivious as far as some things are concerned, because I don't think my 10 year old mind could really grasp some of the stuff when I last played.

Also, where the heck can I buy circle 5 scrolls and up? I know some homes have vendors but I can't find any magic scrolls save for recall and mark. Hnngh.

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-20 18:32:18

At 9/20/11 05:50 PM, Rallard wrote: Been playing for a while now and it's all coming back to me. Still completely oblivious as far as some things are concerned, because I don't think my 10 year old mind could really grasp some of the stuff when I last played.

You can check the codex. Lot's of useful information there

Also, where the heck can I buy circle 5 scrolls and up? I know some homes have vendors but I can't find any magic scrolls save for recall and mark. Hnngh.

Well you can buy from player run vendors. A good one is north of east britain bank. The house has a red carpet leading in.

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-20 20:33:36

At 9/20/11 06:32 PM, SineRider wrote: Well you can buy from player run vendors. A good one is north of east britain bank. The house has a red carpet leading in.

Just my luck. Completely sold out.

From what I've gathered, though... leveling magic is extremely hard and expensive? Guess I should pick up a trade skill.

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-21 22:42:14

At 9/21/11 02:10 AM, GoodFish wrote: Kinda have a few boats now.

See that off color one? It's pure Gold. Someone stole it from The King of Britain.

God dayum. How freaking hard do you guys have to work for all this stuff?

Been leveling Evaluating Intelligence all day. Most exciting skill to level, hands down. (Thank god for Razor).

Also, is there a way to lock stats like you would skills?

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-24 02:31:26

Is it possible to choose those other classes besides warrior? I just got this so I don't really know much about it. I want to be a paladin though.

Last.FM | I like comments. :3 | Awesome sig made by Life-Stream

BBS Signature

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-24 03:35:33

Been getting the hang of it, still don't understand razor but it's a fun time especially with other ngers to help you.

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-24 09:00:53

At 9/24/11 06:07 AM, GoodFish wrote: Umm.. How to say this.. Very hard to make Paladin.. Have to complete serious two suicide missions and a battle in Trinsic City.

Haha yeah, I don't know how you did that. Don't you have to fight 2 daemons under a time limit or something?

But I think he means other preset classes, like when you first make a character. The best thing to do is to just selected advance, and find some templates for a character you'd like to play. You're pretty much open to whatever skills you want, you just to pick your starting skills when you pick advance.

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-24 09:03:22

I'm debating whether or not I should make an account, I've always been good at this type of game but I'm not sure, due to the fact that it seems it takes a long time to get really far (obviously) and I'm debating whether doing such a thing is worthwhile.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-25 06:50:43

So this is where all the NG mods hang out when the BBS is empty.

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!

Sig by Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-25 10:55:56

i wonder if adblock can block an entire ng thread

Newgrounds: the former 4chan

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-25 11:36:48

Where can I sign up for your guild, I need friends god damnit.

Was training swordsmanship in the Britain graveyard and some dude was like, "Hey, where you from?" And I said 'murica and he said, "Oh. Well, send any of your EU friends to me to join my guild."

I GOT REJECTED FOR BEING AMERICAN. FML.

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-25 20:10:03

At 9/25/11 07:15 PM, GoodFish wrote: lol this game is just too much fun

teh fuck bro...

where is all the newgrounders at, for real. where the guild at.

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-25 20:21:39

At 9/25/11 08:10 PM, Rallard wrote:
At 9/25/11 07:15 PM, GoodFish wrote: lol this game is just too much fun
teh fuck bro...

where is all the newgrounders at, for real. where the guild at.

I think we all mostly roam alone. Although muy, cast and I have hunted a few times. There isn't a NG guild at the moment. What's your in game name? If I see you around we can hunt. I'm deep sea fishing now though.

Muy, that sounds like a major pain in the ass to become a paladin. Have you gotten the pally gear yet?

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-25 20:30:56

At 9/25/11 08:25 PM, GoodFish wrote: In other news, another dog fight tonight in an hour and a half.

Guys let's all meet up at the dog fight at Cove, 10pm. I have a dog this time ;) Although, I barely trained him.

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-25 20:37:02

My in game name is Rallard.

I'll head to the Cove now, I suppose. ON FOOT. CAUSE I AINT GOT NO BOAT.

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-25 20:41:07

At 9/25/11 08:37 PM, Rallard wrote: My in game name is Rallard.

I'll head to the Cove now, I suppose. ON FOOT. CAUSE I AINT GOT NO BOAT.

Just use the moongates to Vesper, then walk it. Or if you are in britain use the teleporter thing before the bridge near blackthorne's castle

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-25 21:27:04

Was bringing my dog to Cove, used the teleporter to vesper and came out in front of a bone mage. Dog got one shot'ed :(

RIP JohnnyBravo

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-25 22:26:08

What just happened?

Did the GM get mad that some Michael Vick shenanigans were happening?

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-25 22:27:57

At 9/25/11 10:26 PM, Rallard wrote: What just happened?

Did the GM get mad that some Michael Vick shenanigans were happening?

I don't really know, I think AZ got mad at the guys going around killing the dogs and called it off. Someone killed mine, although I wasn't going to enter him anyways.

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-26 23:33:15

I played for like 5 hours in the last 24 hours. I used to play UO from the years of like 11-18, so UO will ALWAYS hold a special spot in my tiny heart.

Merlin NG is my name in game atm, but I'm making another account and my character will be Ravenfell. I got two computers, so I'm gunna train with myself to get tactics, healing, parrying, wrestling, and anatomy up while afk, mwahahahaha.

But yeah, who's got the homie hookup, and we should all get some type of instant message system going on, so we can sort of choreograph when everyone's on.

But basically in one sitting I went from brand new character to 67%tactics, 59% healing, and 60% swordsmanship. Got a total of 21 stats (currently 24/63/14), and only got PKd and looted 3 times!

I'm thinking the GM skills I'm gunna take are Swords, Parry, Tactics, Anatomy, Healing, Archery, and Resist spells. Stats will be 100/100/x.

Who all is playing as what? And although I'm very familiar with UO (the system and world and monsters) I heard this shard doesn't allow any mounts. Is that true?

BBS Signature

Response to Play Ultima Online for free. 2011-09-27 19:13:28

Can you be a prostitute?