00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zelda Timeline

5,087 Views | 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Zelda Timeline 2011-07-22 18:03:08

EVERYONE OF NEWGROUNDS! I AM WORKING ON A ZELDA TIMELINE! THERE ARE MANY ATTEMPTS OF THE ZELDA TIMELINE, AND THESE ARE JUST MY THOUGHTS. So yeah, I'm working on a Zelda timeline. What I think so far: I think that the Adult Link saga and the Young Link saga are two different timelines. That it splits the series between ages. The reason why I think this, is because, on Ocarina of Time, Link traveld through time, and he fought Ganondorf as Adult Link, and then he traveld back, but what happened to the Adult Link? I think that the timeline was then spli in two, making a timeline for both ten and 17-old Link. I think that the first game in the timeline is Minish Cap. And then Ocarina of Time. But then Link traveld in time, making TWO Links running around. And that split the timeline! In between the seven years, Skyward Sword happened. There was another Link who saved the land, but in a different game! That game was Skyward Sword! And it happened in between the seven years of Ocarina of Time! And then Link got older, sepperating the timeline, making it more confusing! So then there were two timelines at the same time! At the end of Ocarina of Time, Navi ran away. At the begining of Majora's Mask, it said he was looking for a friend! He was looking for Navi! In the meantime, Adult Link moved, which started Twilight Princess! And while Young Link was gone, Hyrule was attacked by Ganondorf! The land of Hyrule was drowned in water, as an attempt to drown Ganondorf! I think that this happened about at the end of Twilight Princess! And then a new land was born, starting Wind Waker! And at the end of Wind Waker, it started Four Swords Adventure! That's all I've figured out so far, if anyone wants to reply to this forum entry, go ahead. I will continue working on the Zelda timeline.

Zelda Timeline

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-22 18:30:37

All the Zelda games take place in alternate universes. Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Strings are the only three games that are on the same timeline. I'm not even sure if Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are in the same universe. There's no use trying to piece them together.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-22 18:35:42

At 7/22/11 06:30 PM, Chdonga wrote: All the Zelda games take place in alternate universes.

THIS THIS THIS

Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Strings are the only three games that are on the same timeline.

Take off WW, and you're right. Similar art-style doesn't imply they are on the same timeline.

PH and Spirit Tracks have been the only (officially) confirmed games to be related.

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-22 18:43:34

I never understood the need to put together a timeline for Zelda. I always considered each game a different version of the same story, like a legend being passed down, where the key elements stay the same, but minor details are swapped around.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-22 18:46:43

At 7/22/11 06:35 PM, towelie101 wrote: PH and Spirit Tracks have been the only (officially) confirmed games to be related.

Phantom hourglass is the sequel to Wind waker. Tetra and link get lost in an alternate reality. Spirit tracks is based 100 years after that. Majoras Mask is a direct sequel to OOT, Twilight Princess is hundreds of years after OOT. WW is thousands of years after OOT after the gods flood hyrule. Skyward sword is based before OOT. That is the Canon timeline.

U jelly?

BBS Signature

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-22 18:56:43

At 7/22/11 06:46 PM, Moonpiles wrote:
At 7/22/11 06:35 PM, towelie101 wrote: PH and Spirit Tracks have been the only (officially) confirmed games to be related.
Phantom hourglass is the sequel to Wind waker. Tetra and link get lost in an alternate reality. Spirit tracks is based 100 years after that.

Yeah, I was being kinda stupid thar but this is correct. It doesn't help that the wording of the sentence is terrribad.

What I meant is related in terms of timeline -- there's no "official" one.

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-22 18:57:22

What about The Wand of Gamalon? Where does that go?

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-22 19:05:30

At 7/22/11 06:57 PM, SineRider wrote: What about The Wand of Gamalon? Where does that go?

Nowhere, bro.

The CD-i games don't go anywhere. They're unrelated fan-fiction.

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-22 19:14:17

At 7/22/11 06:57 PM, SineRider wrote: What about The Wand of Gamalon? Where does that go?

In the garbage.

Or youtube.

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-22 21:02:07

The Creator actually said 3 different things.

First Explanation:
At first he tried to make relevance of the timeline stating,
Ocarina of Time is the first story, then the original Legend of Zelda, then Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and finally A Link to the Past. It's not very clear where Link's Awakening fits in--it could be anytime after Ocarina of Time. - Shigeru Miyamoto

Second Explanation:
The Creator Shigeru Miyamoto said himself that these are all different incarnations of Links from different timelines and they just arise when the time is right. Also stated is the similarities of the town folk names like Tarin and Marin and Talon and Malon

Third Explanation: There is no timeline as they are all separate links and they find it relatively easy to make more games with just the battle of good vs evil.

Legend of Zelda Timeline

Zelda Timeline

Photoshop Me!

BBS Signature

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-22 21:08:12

At 7/22/11 06:30 PM, Chdonga wrote: I'm not even sure if Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are in the same universe.

Except isn't the first scene of MM Link riding Epona into the forest after everything that happened in OOT?

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-23 03:32:37

what I got for the time line

Legend of Zelda- to Zelda 2- Link to the past - Link's awakening ------ Four Swords
- Oracle of ages - Minish Cap
- Oracle of seasons

- Link to the past - Ocarina of time - Majora's mask
- Wind waker - Phantom hourglass
- Spirit tracks
- Twilight Princess - (skyward sword?)

It's a strange world. Some get rich, and others eat shit and die. sig made by JaY11

BBS Signature

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-23 11:09:19

I never understood why people give a shit about this. There is no fucking timeline. It's like Final Fantasy.

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-26 23:38:34

LOL. That's funny, but that's not an official game.

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-26 23:41:03

A timeline HAS been confirmed. It is susposed to be a really big document, but it hasn't been reliesed yet. Miyamoto has confirmed that there IS a timeline, though.

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-26 23:56:35

the Zelda timeline is always fun to ponder on, but honestly it is too much of a hassle for me to piece together.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-27 00:19:47

At 7/22/11 09:08 PM, Ship wrote:
At 7/22/11 06:30 PM, Chdonga wrote: I'm not even sure if Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are in the same universe.
Except isn't the first scene of MM Link riding Epona into the forest after everything that happened in OOT?

Yes.

He's in the Lost Woods and then somehow gets transported to an alternate universe, even though the Skull Kid that royally fucks you over is actually the one you meet in OoT.

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-27 01:51:02

I'm not normally the one to say this and I have a huge Zelda fan no doubt, but I really must ask sincerely and with no real offense put towards it...

"Why give a fuck?"

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-27 02:31:01

At 7/27/11 02:20 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 7/27/11 01:51 AM, The-Great-One wrote: "Why give a fuck?"
Because it's interesting. Because it gives Zelda more of a universe that has continuity. Because both Miyamoto and Aonuma have stated multiple times, INCLUDING just recently that there's a master document detailing the timeline. Because the little hints in the games given here and there are grounds for discussion and debate.

I agree, it's one of the few points of contention in the world of gaming that actually brings gamers together rather than tearing them apart in a series of pointless flame wars. It's broadened people's appreciation for the games to where they play not just to get through the individual story, but to find pieces of an overall puzzle that spans the entire series.

Does everyone care? Of course not, most people are probably happy taking each game at face value, but it's like achievement hunting. A way to get more value out of every game that alters the experience.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-27 02:48:14

At 7/27/11 02:20 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Because both Miyamoto and Aonuma have stated multiple times, INCLUDING just recently that there's a master document detailing the timeline. Because the little hints in the games given here and there are grounds for discussion and debate.

That there. You see they have stated time and time again that there is a master document of a timeline, if this is true then why haven't they shown it? Do they just enjoy seeing others going insane? I'm not against discussion, but either way we're going to be wrong whether the master document states it or if it's all a lie.

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-27 03:20:16

I'm just going to state the obvious facts, assuming there is a timeline:

Ocarina of Time takes place sometime after Skyward Sword.
Majora's Mask takes place right after Ocarina of Time.
Wind Waker takes place sometime way after Ocarina of Time.
Phantom Hourglass takes place right after Wind Waker.
Spirit Tracks takes place some time after Phantom Hourglass.

Past this, there's really no way of knowing when ANY of the other games occur.

~

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-27 04:53:52

godspeed eiji aonuma

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-27 14:34:02

At 7/27/11 12:11 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: They can't release this info. And even if they could, it would cause a shitstorm in the community. You know how some fans get over why some placements don't work. The point of them telling people this is that they're re-assuring fans that there IS a timeline and that Nintendo cares about it. Why would they lie about this, when they've been saying it for years?

So instead of pissing off a lot of fans by telling them what they want to know, we're just gonna let them play imaginary timeline? That just seems stupid and it also seems fishy as well like their just pulling this shit out of their asses.

All I know is that some of these games do have continuity to them that is obvious from the word go.

The Legend of Zelda (NES) to Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) to The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) to The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Gamecube).

Then again I've never played the handheld titles either. Also the idea of two Links running around doesn't add up, since the hero of time tends to be a reincarnation deal when looked at Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-27 14:59:54

At 7/22/11 06:30 PM, Chdonga wrote:

Spirit Strings

i lol'd

Butt is wet.

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-27 16:37:57

At 7/22/11 06:30 PM, Chdonga wrote: All the Zelda games take place in alternate universes. Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Strings are the only three games that are on the same timeline. I'm not even sure if Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are in the same universe. There's no use trying to piece them together.

there really confusing to try and piece them together

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Zelda Timeline 2011-07-27 21:07:41

At 7/27/11 05:29 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Okay...? I wasn't talking about that.

I know I was referencing the OP's theory of two Links, which I've heard others say that there are two Links running about which doesn't make any sense no matter how you slice it.

Response to Zelda Timeline 2012-02-27 19:20:23

well i think since in a link to the past you can get the master sword reforged it seems unlikely that it is the first.
and i think that its a case of spit time lines merging in the time line
in mm there was an idiea i thoght up "if link went into the lost woods Before pulling the master sword...will that mean that the memories and tools from termina got erased and were exactly did link end up after he SOME HOW went back into hyrule?" so thats my theroy

Response to Zelda Timeline 2012-02-27 21:31:52

there hasn't been a good zelda game since minish cap FACT there hasn't been a zelda game that wasn't a rehash since ltp FACT

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to Zelda Timeline 2012-02-27 22:57:49

At 1 hour ago, captainlolz wrote: there hasn't been a good zelda game since minish cap FACT there hasn't been a zelda game that wasn't a rehash since ltp FACT

The FACT that you used an opinion based adjective automatically makes your first statement an opinion, and is the fact that each new Zelda game keeps what was good about the last games while adding new bits and pieces a bad thing?

Response to Zelda Timeline 2012-02-27 23:54:38

At 55 minutes ago, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 1 hour ago, captainlolz wrote: there hasn't been a good zelda game since minish cap FACT there hasn't been a zelda game that wasn't a rehash since ltp FACT
The FACT that you used an opinion based adjective automatically makes your first statement an opinion, and is the fact that each new Zelda game keeps what was good about the last games while adding new bits and pieces a bad thing?

your probably the type of person who gives call of duty shit for "keeping what was so good about the first game and adding bits and pieces" zelda is nintendo's call of duty FACT

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad