00:00
00:00

Vinstigator should be banned

13,222 Views | 334 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 21:41:52


As you know, Vinstigator is an sprite animator on newgrounds.com known for his "Final Fantasy Day After Series". Go take a look at his reviews in his movies, notice there are no reviews overall rating the movie at least five. Well that's because he marks every person giving him below a five overall score as abusive, basically......he's abusing the abusive button thus making the overall review score go up.

Most of the reviews he marks are giving constructive criticism but he marks them anyway and says something lame like "I PWN YOU!". Vince is also more abusive in his review responses.

Please stop him from abusing this.

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 21:45:39


At 4/28/04 09:44 PM, 1337_Baka wrote:
At 4/28/04 09:41 PM, TheGoldCrow wrote:

Most of the reviews he marks are giving constructive criticism but he marks them anyway and says something lame like "I PWN YOU!". Vince is also more abusive in his review responses.

Please stop him from abusing this.
meh quit yer bitchin =P

I Second That.


BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 21:51:05


At 4/28/04 09:41 PM, TheGoldCrow wrote: Please stop him from abusing this.

Hey, if that's what he's doing, I agree with you. Have you contacted anyone about it yet?

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:03:51


while i hate Vinstigator, I think there's little we can do, and the admins simply wont care.


BBS Signature

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:06:15


Do you idiots even have proof that Vince is doing that stuff?

I guessed not, STFU n00bs


Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:10:06


you got proof? also im happy i dont see many outwar links in profiles as much

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:33:59


At 4/28/04 10:03 PM, HAcoreRD wrote: the admins simply wont care.

Eh?

For those of you who don't know how the system works, please don't comment upon it, because you just make yourselves look silly.

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:37:24


At 4/28/04 10:33 PM, liljim wrote: Eh?

For those of you who don't know how the system works, please don't comment upon it, because you just make yourselves look silly.

Holy crap, admin is mentioned and he pops up. It's like the Candy Man, except you don't have to say 'admin' three times. Bizarre.

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:38:22


At 4/28/04 10:37 PM, Rector wrote:
Holy crap, admin is mentioned and he pops up. It's like the Candy Man, except you don't have to say 'admin' three times. Bizarre.

Candyman? I thought it was Beetlejuice.


My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:39:58


At 4/28/04 10:38 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote:
At 4/28/04 10:37 PM, Rector wrote:
Holy crap, admin is mentioned and he pops up. It's like the Candy Man, except you don't have to say 'admin' three times. Bizarre.
Candyman? I thought it was Beetlejuice.

To tell you the truth, I didn't know and made it up as I went, hoping I'd get it right.

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:46:22


At 4/28/04 10:39 PM, Rector wrote: To tell you the truth, I didn't know and made it up as I went, hoping I'd get it right.

You were right with "CandyMan"... I think. From what I remeber of the film, you had to say it in front of the mirror so many times...

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:47:24


At 4/28/04 10:46 PM, liljim wrote:
You were right with "CandyMan"... I think. From what I remeber of the film, you had to say it in front of the mirror so many times...

But in Beetlejuice if you say his name 3 times, he shows up....and won't leave.


My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:49:02


At 4/28/04 10:46 PM, liljim wrote:
At 4/28/04 10:39 PM, Rector wrote: To tell you the truth, I didn't know and made it up as I went, hoping I'd get it right.
You were right with "CandyMan"... I think.

Cool.

One day you must teach me how to teleport to threads where certain words are mentioned.

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:50:00


At 4/28/04 10:46 PM, liljim wrote:
At 4/28/04 10:39 PM, Rector wrote: To tell you the truth, I didn't know and made it up as I went, hoping I'd get it right.
You were right with "CandyMan"... I think. From what I remeber of the film, you had to say it in front of the mirror so many times...

To tell the truth when I first saw this topic, I said liljim three times and then you appeared *Cough* half an hour later *Cough*


Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:52:15


At 4/28/04 10:49 PM, Rector wrote: One day you must teach me how to teleport to threads where certain words are mentioned.

I don't teleport to to threads where certain words are mentioned - I just check through the forums now and then. I happened to stumble across this particular thread. And saw the comment about "the admins not caring" or whatever, by whoever it was that wrote that.

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:54:19


HAHAH damn, i bet most of you guys who posted on this topic dont rememebr what it was about, now its a topic about candyman and bettlejuice....lol

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:54:48


At 4/28/04 10:52 PM, liljim wrote:
or whatever, by whoever it was that wrote that.

By HAcoreRD at 4/28/04 10:03 PM

liljim liljim liljim

/me waits for something magical to happen


My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:56:40


At 4/28/04 10:47 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: But in Beetlejuice if you say his name 3 times, he shows up....and won't leave.

There was also Harold Bleckerstien the Jewish Lawyer, if you said his name three time's while eating a kinish he would show up and sue someone for you, but then you would have to pay him $30000 dollars.

No one ever talks about him though...
:(

Mike

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:58:14


At 4/28/04 10:53 PM, 1337_Baka wrote:
u live in philly jim? Ive been meaning to ask j00 o.o

Your question will be anwser here

WHAHAHAHHA


Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-28 22:59:37


At 4/28/04 10:53 PM, 1337_Baka wrote: u live in philly jim? Ive been meaning to ask j00 o.o

United Kingdom, I think.

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-29 00:24:38


This topic has gone WAY THE HELL of topic. I give you the bunches of shame. What ever the hell bunces is.

Vinstigator should be banned

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-30 20:01:46


At 4/28/04 09:41 PM, TheGoldCrow wrote: As you know, Vinstigator is an sprite animator on newgrounds.com known for his "Final Fantasy Day After Series". Go take a look at his reviews in his movies, notice there are no reviews overall rating the movie at least five. Well that's because he marks every person giving him below a five overall score as abusive, basically......he's abusing the abusive button thus making the overall review score go up.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but this issue has been addressed before. In fact a guy name Xjowy said it. Here is his exact quote...

Vince is abusing the abuse button!!!111

Then liljim said...

.Just so you know - the abuse button is only counted once per user when it comes to putting it into the admin section. So, it's not the same guy repeatedly pressing the link, there are a number of people who've pressed the link.

Most of the reviews he marks are giving constructive criticism but he marks them anyway and says something lame like "I PWN YOU!". Vince is also more abusive in his review responses.

If the review was constructive criticism, it wouldn't be removed regardless. Oh and he's another one of my favorite quotes...

Most of the time abusive responses are prompted by abusive reviews.

Sometimes not, yes...

but the entire reason the marking system was introduced was to ensure that flash authors weren't scared away from the site by asshole reviewers.

Wade isn't worried about reviewers being scared away from the site by asshole authors. Grin and bear it (the abusive responses with no reason for being abusive).

Please stop him from abusing this.

Another one from liljim :)
For those of you who don't know how the system works (*cough* Crow *cough*), please don't comment upon it, because you just make yourselves look silly.


I'm in the new Adam Sandler movie Sandy Wexler. I play a Prison Guard and a trainer for Terry Crews. To see what movies I'm in check out http://facebook.com/VinstigatorMusic

BBS Signature

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-30 20:15:39


thers a lt of bad ppl in the world is he rilly huring you or are u over reacting?

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-30 20:29:34


At 4/28/04 10:06 PM, wismty wrote: Do you idiots even have proof that Vince is doing that stuff?

I guessed not, STFU n00bs

I must've missed this post! Thanks for the support and pwnage :)

Oh and I forgot to mention that I took Livecorpse's advice! He said...

I've had dumb snotnosed kids follow me around and give me zeroes and death threats for all my movies. And considering how many submissions i've had, thats pretty dedicated.. Buts its funny cuz after a couple i stop reading their stupid essay-length abusive reviews and just tell my buds to take a look at the reviews, and the dipshits are soon banned from reviewing. It's all quite funny.

And now that I have taken his advice, I have to agree that it is quite funny because we get idiotic topics like this AND the abusive/idiotic reviews get blammed :)


I'm in the new Adam Sandler movie Sandy Wexler. I play a Prison Guard and a trainer for Terry Crews. To see what movies I'm in check out http://facebook.com/VinstigatorMusic

BBS Signature

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-30 20:33:44


Sprites really really suck.

HE should be banned for that. XD

Kidding. But yeah, I don't think that whistle points exist.

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-30 20:55:12


At 4/28/04 09:41 PM, TheGoldCrow wrote: As you know, Vinstigator is an sprite animator on newgrounds.com known for his "Final Fantasy Day After Series". Go take a look at his reviews in his movies, notice there are no reviews overall rating the movie at least five. Well that's because he marks every person giving him below a five overall score as abusive, basically......he's abusing the abusive button thus making the overall review score go up.

Most of the reviews he marks are giving constructive criticism but he marks them anyway and says something lame like "I PWN YOU!". Vince is also more abusive in his review responses.

Please stop him from abusing this.

Three questions for you, TheGoldCrow:

1) Where's your proof?
2) How does this affect you?
3) Why do you care?

Trust me, I've been a fan of Vince's for quite a while now and I know for a fact there are usually two types of people that review his movies. People like me, who actually like his flashes, and people who for some reason feel the need to leave very abusive reviews no matter what he submitted. You should have seen some of the abusive crap that a lot of the reviewers left for one of his trailers with no reason to be so mean.

So..... tell me who should be accountable for a review being marked; the douchebag that leaves abusive reviews, or the guy that follows the rules and marks abusive reviews?

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-30 21:17:42


I totally agree with Blitz_Mage. Have you seen some of the abusive reviews Vince gets and you expect him to just sit there and not mark them abusive? ok then.

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-30 21:30:05


I'm backing Vince up. The reason why his reviews are mostly above 5 are because they are good movies. And, the people that give it zeros, are just writing reviews to look like a dedicated fan, and don't have and patience in actually watching the movie. Maybe if those numbskulls stop doing that, then this won't be a problem

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-30 21:38:40


Alright why don't you guys back off. I think you guys are mad because you can't make a series like his. People should'nt get banned if they are popular and are contributing their time to making flash for us. That's just childish.


Chrono Trigger X 6 is out NOW * X7 is in the works, clips will be posted on my profile check em out!*

BBS Signature

Response to Vinstigator should be banned 2004-04-30 23:11:33


Sorry Crow, as much as I hate Vince, I'm backing him, we can't ban him for hitting a button, it's his opinion too. This thread is kinda pointless too.


BBS Signature