00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

monsterparty drawrs.

49,129 Views | 286 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-20 06:51:08

Impressive stuff..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-20 13:01:07

As much as I love being a lurker; I just can't leave without commenting.

This is ridiculously amazing, I tip my hat to you. I don't have the balls to start an art thread ahah. Just wanted to say that your female characters are really charismatic, I especially adore how they're not extremely tall and skinny. & that 'I'm so cute /heart' kid? He's so cutee.

By the way, I know that finished drawings and sketches have a different feeling, I actually prefer sketches myself. But show us more colored ones %u2665 yes yes?

tl;dr: this thread is epic and I'm off to make some Led Zeppelin shoes after seeing your Kiss ones asdfgh.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-20 18:11:03

i love your style, it's so clean and detailed. which isn't so easy to perfect. great stuff

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-21 00:40:00

At 12/20/11 01:01 PM, istkrieg wrote: As much as I love being a lurker; I just can't leave without commenting.

This is ridiculously amazing, I tip my hat to you. I don't have the balls to start an art thread ahah. Just wanted to say that your female characters are really charismatic, I especially adore how they're not extremely tall and skinny. & that 'I'm so cute /heart' kid? He's so cutee.

By the way, I know that finished drawings and sketches have a different feeling, I actually prefer sketches myself. But show us more colored ones %u2665 yes yes?

tl;dr: this thread is epic and I'm off to make some Led Zeppelin shoes after seeing your Kiss ones asdfgh.

Thanks! I'm actually really itching to put up more colored stuff. When the holidays are over and all my holiday commissions are done, trust me, I'm on it. :]
And don't be afraid to start a thread! If you're unsure about your art, there is a wealth of knowledge amongst the regulars in the forum and I know for sure that they'd be more than happy to share it with you. And if you do make those shoes SHOW ME. Haha, that would be awesome.

And thank you to Lundsfryd and mega-supreme. :D

---

Well, I ended up having to work late and didn't get to work on my apron, so here's a pokemon trainer instead.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-21 07:26:21

i cant get enough of your artwork, i don't know what it is about it.

is its the style, the sketchiness, the impurities that make it what it is... its FANTASTIC!

it seems to flow so naturally and you keep a constant style, you really have it down to a fine art...

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-21 11:18:53

At 12/21/11 12:40 AM, monsterparty wrote: Well, I ended up having to work late and didn't get to work on my apron, so here's a pokemon trainer instead.

Me - OH MY GOD, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR LEGS????
Trainer - Unfortunately run in with a Scyther. But it was worth it, I caught the bastard. *indicates to ball in hand*

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-21 17:53:38

At 12/21/11 11:18 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/21/11 12:40 AM, monsterparty wrote: Well, I ended up having to work late and didn't get to work on my apron, so here's a pokemon trainer instead.
Me - OH MY GOD, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR LEGS????
Trainer - Unfortunately run in with a Scyther. But it was worth it, I caught the bastard. *indicates to ball in hand*

Well, nobody said becoming a master would be easy. It asks nothing short of blood, sweat, and tears... mostly blood.

i got a little carried away with this.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-21 18:00:25

lol perfect, nice and brutal. now that is kick ass!

Thats all.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-21 18:20:53

At 12/21/11 06:00 PM, Ramatsu wrote: lol perfect, nice and brutal. now that is kick ass!

Thats all.

Why, thank you!

And thank you LegolaSS from earlier too. Though I always attributed the sketchiness to laziness on my part, I'm glad someone appreciates it. :D

---

And here's the finished apron. I acutually finished hours ago. I forgot to take a picture of it before giving it to my friend though, so she had to take one and send it to me.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-21 19:44:54

At 12/21/11 06:20 PM, monsterparty wrote: And here's the finished apron. I acutually finished hours ago. I forgot to take a picture of it before giving it to my friend though, so she had to take one and send it to me.

Those aprons are amazing!!
Sorry if I sound stupid but how did you color it?

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-21 23:29:22

At 12/21/11 05:53 PM, monsterparty wrote: Well, nobody said becoming a master would be easy. It asks nothing short of blood, sweat, and tears... mostly blood.

You are now my heroine.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-22 04:32:19

At 12/21/11 06:20 PM, monsterparty wrote: And here's the finished apron. I acutually finished hours ago. I forgot to take a picture of it before giving it to my friend though, so she had to take one and send it to me.

just out of interest as well... how are you treating the surface after you have painted / spray painted / what ever magical thing you do to them... seen as they are most likey either never going to be used because they are so pretty, or be used to death to show them off and get all sorts on them, then need cleaning... :S

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-22 15:24:35

At 12/21/11 07:44 PM, MasterMerol wrote:
Those aprons are amazing!!
Sorry if I sound stupid but how did you color it?

Thank you! And I used airbrushes to make them. Or an airbrush. I only have one.

At 12/22/11 04:32 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
just out of interest as well... how are you treating the surface after you have painted / spray painted / what ever magical thing you do to them... seen as they are most likey either never going to be used because they are so pretty, or be used to death to show them off and get all sorts on them, then need cleaning... :S

Well, I used Auto-Borne paints by Auto-Air Colors. From what I've read, they're more or less the same as Createx's Wicked Colors, so they're great for textiles. Once you paint it on, all you have to do is heat set them. I personally don't have access to a heat press, so I just turn my iron on high and iron around for... I don't know. 12 minutes? And just incase you ever want to try it yourself, DON'T put the iron directly onto the painting! Just... don't. And that's it! They should be machine washable and everything!

---

Just a quick sketch. And I'm disappearing to my brother's house for Christmas so Happy Holidays everyone! :D

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-26 16:42:46

:D
Tablet for Christmas! Tablet for Christmas! That partnered with Painter 12 I just purchased. Expect things that are actually colored in the future. Perhaps even portal submissions? In the meantime, here are more lines!

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-27 22:18:59

i just looked at your entire post and your great,
question one: have you tried 2d or 3d animation
question two: i need to get better at drawing (you have seen my art work in one of the other forums
you redrew my character) ummmmm help i need to get better at poses and adding more
details....HELP :]
question three: and i would like to see how you go about drawing you know a lot, much more than i do anyway so i know i can learn alot from you.....well that is all from me.....for now

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-01-08 19:00:45

At 12/27/11 10:18 PM, KLT1M wrote: i just looked at your entire post and your great,

Thanks!

question one: have you tried 2d or 3d animation

I've done some animating in flash for some school projects. It's not a program that I have regular access to though, so I don't animate as often as I like. I know I could do it traditionally, but I'm lazy. Hopefully that'll change if I get into school this fall. :)

question two: i need to get better at drawing (you have seen my art work in one of the other forums
you redrew my character) ummmmm help i need to get better at poses and adding more
details....HELP :]

Well, that's hard. Just practice, I suppose. It's probably not what you want to hear, but there is no short cut to getting to where you want to go in art. Only hard work.

question three: and i would like to see how you go about drawing you know a lot, much more than i do anyway so i know i can learn alot from you.....well that is all from me.....for now

so are you asking for a tutorial? :/

---

This is a character from FRESHMAN YEAR in high school. Ha, so sad! Look at that glop of blood on top of the axe! How did it even get there!? Well, I thought I'd put this here to lead you into
MY FIRST PORTAL SUBMISSION! :D

I suppose it doesn't matter til I have 4? haha, baby steps.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-01-09 02:44:51

At 1/8/12 07:00 PM, monsterparty wrote: MY FIRST PORTAL SUBMISSION! :D

Fantastic start!, just 3 more and everyone will be able to see your lovely pictures :D

Meow <3

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-01-09 16:48:44

everyone is going to scout the shit out of you (in a good way, including me if i get the smallest chance)

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-01-25 15:00:29

"I'd like the base to be a blue mushroom with white spots, and have a flamingo kind of on its back on the mushroom, with it's spindly legs in the air, balancing a hookah, and on top of the hookah is a little vial with a ribbon that says "Drink Me" on it. "

This.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-01-29 00:57:43

Taking a break from the things I'm supposed to be doing. It seems like it's been a really long time since I've drawn for the hell of it.

So yeah. Same old same old.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-03-20 17:35:41

oh man. I haven't really done anything lately. At all. Since January apparently. I've been so unmotivated it doesn't even make sense.

Well, I had an unfortunate two hour break from work today, so spent some of it trying to get back into the swing of things for the hundredth time. Nothing special, but it issomething.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-03-29 15:54:10

picked up the airbrushes again.
This is just the beginning, roughly painting in the features and all that jazz. The whole face part right now, just ignore that. This is my first attempt at a photorealistic portrait with my brushes, so this whole experience is gonna be pretty rocky.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-03-29 16:30:20

At 1/25/12 03:00 PM, monsterparty wrote: "I'd like the base to be a blue mushroom with white spots, and have a flamingo kind of on its back on the mushroom, with it's spindly legs in the air, balancing a hookah, and on top of the hookah is a little vial with a ribbon that says "Drink Me" on it. "

This.

Sounds like you fill in that request nicely, and I read the description on the art portal one, I'm curious on how you approach coloring your pencil sketches.

At 1/29/12 12:57 AM, monsterparty wrote: Taking a break from the things I'm supposed to be doing. It seems like it's been a really long time since I've drawn for the hell of it.

So yeah. Same old same old.

Like how everything is flowing stylistic plus I love how gradient and smooth and clean your pencil/pen sketches are.

At 3/20/12 05:35 PM, monsterparty wrote: oh man. I haven't really done anything lately. At all. Since January apparently. I've been so unmotivated it doesn't even make sense.

Well, I had an unfortunate two hour break from work today, so spent some of it trying to get back into the swing of things for the hundredth time. Nothing special, but it issomething.

Looks cool

At 3/29/12 03:54 PM, monsterparty wrote: picked up the airbrushes again.
This is just the beginning, roughly painting in the features and all that jazz. The whole face part right now, just ignore that. This is my first attempt at a photorealistic portrait with my brushes, so this whole experience is gonna be pretty rocky.

Post here the progress and result, love to see how it'll turn out :)

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-04-02 15:37:26

At 3/29/12 04:30 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sounds like you fill in that request nicely, and I read the description on the art portal one, I'm curious on how you approach coloring your pencil sketches.

Well, I still don't think I've got it down yet, but I after I scan my sketch, I open it on Painter and lift the canvas to a watercolor layer, then duplicate it just incase. I use multiple layers to plan my base colors underneath it then I drop everything back down to the canvas layer, everything but the duplicate set of lines, which I end up keeping invisible most of the time. Haha, what I do at this point, I don't even get. As I go on coloring, it's just a matter of deciding which lines I want to keep and which lines I want to stray from. Ha, this whole process is still a work in progress. I feel like I have to reteach myself how to paint digitally every time.

Like how everything is flowing stylistic plus I love how gradient and smooth and clean your pencil/pen sketches are.

Thanks.

Looks cool

Thanks again! :D

Post here the progress and result, love to see how it'll turn out :)

That's my intention. :)
I haven't really had time to work on it since then, but tomorrow I actually have a day off! The first I've had since last Wednesday, so progress will be made!

Anyhow! Here's something simple I did today, just to kill some time before work.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-06-10 19:15:03

Prior to this week, an awfully long time has passed since I've paid a visit to Newgrounds.

Well, in the time that I disappeared, I applied and got accepted to school. I just paid all my fees and turned in my housing application, so all there is to do now is wait. Come August I'm leaving south Georgia and venturing north to Michigan to get my BFA in animation! Woot!

Oh, man, I'm so stoked. And also deathly afraid. I've been out of school for over two years now, and there's nothing like the thought of going back to remind me how socially awkward I am. Ha, but it's gonna be so worth it!

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-06-11 00:51:10

In the middle of doing some things I should really be doing, I opened Painter to just scribble out a new concept for an old character real fast before I forgot. Per usual, I got a little more involved than I would've liked to. Anyway, this is where I'm at now.

I'm really horrible about finishing up my personal projects (which should explain why just about everything in here is still a sketch), but hopefully I'll actually give myself some time to work on this.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-06-12 00:37:31

Got the chance to work in this briefly today.
I worked a little on the background, but the majority of what I put into that was destroyed when I decided to change her pose because I'm an idiot and, for one reason or another, can't get into the habit of painting in layers.

Still so much to learn.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-06-12 00:47:25

At 6/12/12 12:37 AM, monsterparty wrote: the majority of what I put into that was destroyed when I decided to change her pose

I say it was for the better, the new pose has a lot more motion, I love it!

Looking awesome so far.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-06-12 13:07:30

holy crap you are good!!

the chess piece is really impressive.

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2012-06-15 00:13:25

At 6/12/12 12:47 AM, MasterMerol wrote:
At 6/12/12 12:37 AM, monsterparty wrote: the majority of what I put into that was destroyed when I decided to change her pose
I say it was for the better, the new pose has a lot more motion, I love it!

Looking awesome so far.

Thanks. :]
Something about her first pose felt really unnatural to me, so despite the extra effort, I'm SO glad I changed it up.

At 6/12/12 01:07 PM, Spac3case916 wrote: holy crap you are good!!

the chess piece is really impressive.

Thank you! I'm pretty inexperienced with an airbrush, so that was one of the more complicated things I've done. Not for long though. I'm going to be painting a guitar real soon, and if I can pull off what my conceptual sketch is asking for, even I'll be impressed.

---

WELL. I'm going to be out of town for the weekend, but before I disappeared, I wanted to get a little more work done on this. There's still so much to do, but it's coming along . Slowly but surely.

monsterparty drawrs.