00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

TF2 - Free to Play

8,461 Views | 84 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-24 11:58:38

Fucking updates, man. All my favourite servers are full. Had a go in the saigans pubs, but they're awful.

Will wait until it dies down in a few days, then start trying to get the new items. I picked up the soldier shotgun already.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-24 12:04:53

This is great news, I've been meaning to pick up TF2 for awhile now. I have a couple problems though,
are the steam forums down for anyone else as well? Also, Whenever I try to download the steam client I get an error (1711) saying that I dont have enough space, when i have about 100GB left on my hardrive. any help would be appreciated.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-24 12:06:43

At 6/24/11 11:58 AM, TheMaster wrote: Fucking updates, man. All my favourite servers are full. Had a go in the saigans pubs, but they're awful.

Will wait until it dies down in a few days, then start trying to get the new items. I picked up the soldier shotgun already.

I have the demoman sword. It's pretty useless without a shield...

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-24 12:12:57

At 6/24/11 11:13 AM, EpicFail wrote: You're still going to get killed all the time because you're stupid.

Says the social recluse border line alcoholic druggie, ok.

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-24 12:24:33

now I feel bad because I've been watning the game and now I can get it for free

I still have to wait for my laptop to come in..

thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-24 13:08:36

Back then when I bought it, the game was simply the best online FPS ever, after a few updates, it started to be shit.

Million overpowered cash-only weapons, stupid hats and now F2P fucks are going to join a game freely, that I had to pay for, all of these reasons ruined the game completely.

Fuck you Valve, I want my money back.

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-24 13:40:48

At 6/24/11 12:12 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote:
At 6/24/11 11:13 AM, EpicFail wrote: You're still going to get killed all the time because you're stupid.
Says the social recluse border line alcoholic druggie, ok.

Even if I was an alcoholic and a druggie this is completely unrelated to the subject we are discussing.

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-24 14:10:34

At 6/24/11 03:22 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/23/11 11:53 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: Influx of noobs,
OH GOD, NEW PLAYERS. Who the fuck cares? Does everybody need to have played this game since 07?

I don't mind new players, in fact I always help them.. But now the game will be filled to the brim with people who are like "I GOT THIS" and refuse to use teamwork. Not to mention people abusing annoying tactics. And an influx of W+M1 Pyros.

griefers,
As stated, they're already here.

Yes but there will be more!

12 year olds,
TF2 isn't dark, gritty, or realistic enough for 12-year-olds to be interested in.

You never know. Kids like free things.

obnoxious fucks,
Basically the TF2 community right now. And you.

lolol

But I will agree with you that people who paid for this, including me, WILL be expecting compensation. And NOT in the form of a hat.

Yeah I almost raged when I saw our compensation was a hat.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-24 14:29:40

At 6/24/11 03:19 AM, zooos wrote: You'd be surprised to see how many griefers actually pay for the game just to piss people off. Hell there are plenty of hackers who will buy a game, get banned, and buy the same game under a new account just to continue.

Lol pacsteam

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-24 14:58:18

At 6/24/11 01:02 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/24/11 12:56 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Portal 2 isn't free.
Meant to say Portal 1.

It was free for about a week.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-24 18:48:54

You have to buy 5 dollars from the store to get the whole game. We still kinda pay...

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-24 19:10:10

Hey guys, I bought a futon at Wal-Mart full price, but the same brand went on a 10% off sale a month later. Can you believe the audacity of those scumbags?

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-24 19:58:54

At 6/24/11 07:56 PM, digo3 wrote: TF2 sucks now. You can have it.

Thanks.

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 02:49:25

At 6/24/11 12:56 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Portal 2 isn't free.

I didn't say portal 2, I said Portal.

Well yeah, that is something to get mad about.

The only person you can blame is yourself, no one forces you to buy anything right away.

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 03:58:36

ITT: Poor people getting pissed off over $20.

The F2P users get limited access to the game.

TF2 - Free to Play

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 04:41:31

Okay, should I trust Steam?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 08:26:26

At 6/25/11 06:18 AM, Brelm1232 wrote:
At 6/25/11 03:58 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: ITT: Poor people getting pissed off over $20.

That's not why people are pissed off, sure it has alot to do with it, but there's still many more reasons that dipshit faggots like yourself probably don't get. Let me explain:

After buying the orange box when it first came out, I loved TF2. The community was never the best by a longshot, but it was still a great game. I enjoyed the shit out of it, had little to no trouble getting onto my servers, and generally had a good time.

With free 2 play tag, that means thousands of-

-Laggers
-12 year olds
-Russians
-Brazilians
-Hackers
-Fucktards who can't play

This was all present in TF2 before it went F2P, from tons of dirt cheap sales, and the Orange Box sales themselves. I just thought you should know that.

I bought the Orange Box on launch day, FYI.
-People who will be taking up spots on servers

This is the only legitimate complaint here, since yes, there will be an influx of players that will cause spots to be taken up.

In any case, I was there from day one, and I don't feel cheated at all. I got my moneys worth of the game while it was still in vanilla, and after a long ass break from the game I'm still having fun now. It's not TF2 in it's glory days, but it's still a great game that was definitely not ruined by the F2P model.

it's the same damn shit as Mannconomy, but with more players. I can guarantee you that nearly every single person who bought TF2 bought it in the Orange Box, or for dirt cheap during a sale, and even if they did buy it for $20, I'm damn sure that they got their money's worth already, no one deserves compensation, I have no fucking idea why people think they do.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 09:20:41

At 6/25/11 06:18 AM, Brelm1232 wrote:
At 6/25/11 03:58 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: ITT: Poor people getting pissed off over $20.

Burgady
-Laggers

What's that button? Disconnect? No that must be a joke

-12 year olds

If you said more 12 year olds I would agree, but there will also be more mature players. Also mute.

-Russians

...what?

-Brazilians

What?

-Hackers

IP ban was born.

When isn't that there?

-People who will be taking up spots on servers

With more people, finding another server shouldn't be a problem.

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 09:52:28

At 6/25/11 09:30 AM, Brelm1232 wrote: Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

I have not had a single one of the problems that you have mentioned. Maybe it is just YOU who is having the problems. Try better servers. Hell, make your own and kick out the people you don't like.

Plus, if you were a good player yourself, you'd be mopping the floor with them.

He Slams His Fists Against The Posts And Still Insists He Sees The Ghosts

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 10:02:12

At 6/25/11 09:25 AM, Brelm1232 wrote:
you fucktard
you're retarded

Come on bro, chill out. That's pretty unnecessary.

I've been on 5 different servers today, and I've only seen a total of 3 english speakers. Everyone else was speaking foreignese and had a 200+ ping.

After playing more today, I see this too. While there was hardly any actual talk; the majority of the server was 200+ in ping.

There were people constantly mic spamming stupid shit, and everything I feared would happen - Happened.

This however, I didn't see, but I would not be surprised honestly.

I don't think I deserve compensation, but I deserve better than this. I paid for the game - for what, a free hat and now I get to play with the gaming communities' worst nightmare - The f2p fagshits? That's a stab in the back at the very least.

Well, there is a server plugin that auto bans F2P players, but I'm not sure how long it will last.

You're right, though. After playing a few more hours today. Tons of high ping players, and just a bunch of terrible players. Medics who don't uber, do nothing else but heal, retarded Engineers, etc. While I was still having fun smashing terrible players, It's pretty much impossible to get objectives done alone.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 10:08:16

I'm laughing right now. You think free to play users cause the lag? Because that is what you are saying.

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 10:18:26

At 6/25/11 10:14 AM, Brelm1232 wrote: But, even a fucktarded fucktard like yourself could see that the children who flock to f2p games don't have alot of money, and thus, don't have very good internet, either

I like dis guy. He has a way with words

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 10:40:46

Learning about this news, I finally got off my lazy ass and installed Steam and I'm also currently downloading TF2 (YES, there are people in this world who never bothered installing Steam. Something is deeply wrong with me.)

I know the vets of this game are worried that the F2P fags will ruin the experience, but I'm going to try and NOT be a complete asshole. I'm not an obnoxious 12 year old, screaming into a mic, and I'm not going to go around and deliberately try to fuck someone's day up (yet...)

I would think this would be a good thing, wouldn't it? Every online game has its share of douchebags, but this gives the community a chance to accept actual decent people who play for fun, and not to troll people.

TL;DR: Got Steam, downloading TF2, aspire to not be a jackass.

"How far are you prepared to go to save someone you love?"

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 12:09:32

Would I be right in thinking that prior to TF2 becoming a F2P game, the sales figures were well below their peak? I'd imagine that most of the people who wanted to play TF2 bought it a long time ago, but now that Valve added purchasable in-game items, they'd probably get more money by making the game free, so that people who didn't want to previously buy it would play and hopefully as a result, pay money for these in-game items.

I bought TF2 a long time ago, but I was never much of a fan anyway so I'm not too bothered by their decision to make it free. Still, I think it would have been nice to get something a little better in return for my purchase than a virtual hat...

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 12:37:02

Well maybe this isn't as bad as I thought. Turns out F2P players have limited access while people who bought the game have "Premium Accounts"

Details here

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 13:37:19

At 6/25/11 03:07 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: So Nintendo makes a stupid move to release the 3DS a few months after the DSi, and it's suddenly my fault?

If you bought the DSi right away, before they release the 3DS and get annoyed at Nintendo, then yes. Because it's not like they forced you to buy the DSi.

No different then getting mad at Valve for suddenly making TF2 free.
It's not like they forced you to buy it when it cost money.

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 14:20:17

At 6/25/11 09:30 AM, Brelm1232 wrote:
Yes, I should leave the server of a game I paid for because free2play assholes are shitting it up, thank you for your logical rebuttal

You should if you don't like the server.

-12 year olds
If you said more 12 year olds I would agree, but there will also be more mature players. Also mute.
No, there won't be. As I just said, the only ones who don't already have tf2 are the kids without credit cards and can't get their mommies to pay for it, that's not "more mature" players, and if you honestly believe that the mature players will outweigh the immature players, then holy shit! Give me some of that pot you're smoking because it clearly fucked you up good!

When did I say "There will be more mature players."? And kids can get their mothers to pay online for something muchacho.

-Russians
...what?
-Brazilians
What?
DURR WHAT. What the fuck do you mean 'what'? I mean tons of russians and brazilians fuckfaces who don't speak english are going to be invading servers with their 300 ping. Have you not played any video game for more than 3 minutes to realize that this does happen and it happens alot, you fucking fucktard?

OK! I hate the Chinese, the japanese, the Koreans for causing lag. That's all their fault. Also Russians and Brazilians could already own the game. Oh wait, they can't because you believe they don't.

When isn't that there?
MORE. MORE. MORE. MORE. MORE. MORE.

WHAT PART OF 'MORE' DO PEOPLE NOT GET? I REALIZE THAT THERE ARE ALREADY SKILL-LESS FUCKTARDS, BUT THE POINT IS THIS WILL BRING IN MORE - ALOT MORE. GOD DAMNIT YOU DENSE FUCKTARD.

WHAT PART OF YOU NEVER SAID MORE CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND? WE CAN'T UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING.

I shouldn't have to compete to get into a server with faggots who are playing F2P you god damn limp-dick, I realize there's plenty of other servers I could play, but what about the servers I WANT to play that are taken up by assholes who are jumping on the f2p bandwagon?

God damnit you are so fucking stupid it's literally making my face bleed just go away and never come back please

You could open up your range of liked servers. Now stop posting, and fucking think.

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 14:52:31

I feel this is a bit of a kick in the balls. I bought this game, and now it's free? That's bollocks.

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 15:55:21

At 6/25/11 02:43 PM, Brelm1232 wrote:
At 6/25/11 02:20 PM, FirstBaby wrote:
Jesus christ you're so fucking stupid, why can't for once, you twelve year olds would listen and scatter when I tell them to? Instead, you have to come back with arguments that are crushed the second you hit post just so you can look witty for 5 seconds.

You should if you don't like the server.
Ahh, the voice of fucktardation is back with more words that make me think you actually are retarded

Yes, leaving the server is a very valid way to deal with a problem like this, but I'm asking WHY. I shouldn't NEED to leave a server because of fucktards ruining a game I played for, you god damn dumbass dipshit.

You don't NEED to leave. If it displeases you, you can leave.

When did I say "There will be more mature players."? And kids can get their mothers to pay online for something muchacho.
Incorrect again you dumb as dirt fucktard! Why do you think F2P games like Maplestory are so popular? It's the only game kids like yourself can get without paying.

Or because people like having fun?

Also, what..where you did say there will be more mature players? uh, how about right here where you said "But there will also be more mature players"

Oops, excuse me I thought you would know what I am saying. Or as you said "I needed to spell every fucking little detail like this."

-Russians
...what?
-Brazilians
What?
DURR WHAT. What the fuck do you mean 'what'? I mean tons of russians and brazilians fuckfaces who don't speak english are going to be invading servers with their 300 ping. Have you not played any video game for more than 3 minutes to realize that this does happen and it happens alot, you fucking fucktard?
OK! I hate the Chinese, the japanese, the Koreans for causing lag. That's all their fault. Also Russians and Brazilians could already own the game. Oh wait, they can't because you believe they don't.

Brazil and Russia happen to have poor citizens who flock to f2p games because, hey, they're poor as fuck. Or did you just think it was a coincidence that a large number of fucktards speaking foreignese played f2p/cheap as shit games?

Then Russians and Brazilians are the cause of this? So even if they can't buy a $20 game, they can buy Internet connection, a gaming computer, and "Cheap ass games"? They probably own fucking team fortress 2 and you were to busy doing your 5th grade homework to notice.

WHAT PART OF YOU NEVER SAID MORE CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND? WE CAN'T UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING.
You're right, and this one is completely my fault. I forgot for a few seconds that you were a limp-dick dumbass that couldn't find your own asshole without a map, so I didn't think I needed to spell every fucking little detail like this. What was I thinking? Dumbass.

You could open up your range of liked servers. Now stop posting, and fucking think.
Pevey

Stevey

You fucktard, fucktard, fucktard, fucktard, fucktard, fucktard. Also you owed me those.

Response to TF2 - Free to Play 2011-06-25 16:33:42

At 6/25/11 04:06 PM, Brelm1232 wrote:
At 6/25/11 03:55 PM, FirstBaby wrote:
but because I feel almost embarrassed arguing with someone as stupid as yourself.

'Kay

You don't NEED to disconnect. If it displeases you, you can leave.
Oh man I love the spin, you try to turn something bad into an option when that 'something bad' shouldn't even be here. You should work for fox news

Just wait for a bit and see if things get better. How do you like that? I have asked for a job there.

Or because people like having fun?

..Yeah, that must be the only reason you fucking mongoloid trash

I didn't say that was the only reason, I only said it could be a reason.

Also, what..where you did say there will be more mature players? uh, how about right here where you said "But there will also be more mature players"
Oops, excuse me I thought you would know what I am saying. Or as you said "I needed to spell every fucking little detail like this."
Oh right, clearly you were using..uhh... actually I have no idea, infact this whole sentece seems like you weren't serious or are now trying to pass it off as sarcasm when I just proved you to be retarded, even though you did not indicate that in any way, so now you feel so embarrased you're trying to pass it off as you weren't serious to begin with. Honestly, I don't know what you're trying to pull here, you just look fucking stupid.

Yeah, the looking stupid part of the game is really lame...wait.

Then Russians and Brazilians are the cause of this? So even if they can't buy a $20 game, they can buy Internet connection, a gaming computer, and "Cheap ass games"? They probably own fucking team fortress 2 and you were to busy doing your 5th grade homework to notice.
Gaming computer? Games like TF2 could be run off of a $200 computer, which is reasonable to assume even poor people could afford. And yes, they can afford an Internet connection, the problem is it isn't good which you would have realized if you weren't so retarded and read any of my previous arguments without your head up your own assholes. Quite right, though, I'm sure some of them DID own team fortress 2 and I DID play with some of them

Good thing you matured and stopped using caps, maybe we can bury the hatchet and argue in a more civil manner.

, BUT YOU'RE MISSING THE FUCKING POINT. THIS BRINGS MORE OF THEM IN HERE TO SHIT UP THE GAME EVEN MORE. I'M NOT TALKING 'JUST A FEW', I'M TALKING ALOT. I'M NOT TALKING LIKE THIS 'MIGHT HAPPEN', IT HAS HAPPENED. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK FUCKING SKULL YOU FUCKTARD. IF I COULD HATE YOU TO DEATH I WOULD, JUST TO REMOVE YOUR FUCKING FILTH FROM THE GOD DAMN GENE POOL FUCK YOU

I think most of the problems with the Internet connection thing is there is more players then the system is used to so it isn't as strong, and lags. I'm making theories at this point.

YES, MORE FUCKTARDS, BRILLIANT! I GET EVEN MORE FUCKTARDS TO PLAY WITH TO MAKE UP FOR THE FUCKTARDS! YOU ARE VISIONARY

If you join a game you are bad. Later you get better and better with practice. Trust me when I say they will get better.

You fucktard, fucktard, fucktard, fucktard, fucktard, fucktard. Also you owed me those.
FUCKING STOP POSTING, A MOD NEEDS TO BAN THIS FUCKTARD UNTIL HE DIES OF OLD AGE FOR BEING TOO STUPID TO USE THE INTERNET. I KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO READ THIS BAHAMUT, FUCKING BAN THIS SHIT HEAD FOR BEING RETARDED, HE'S MAKING ME SO ANGRY.

The other arguments you had before this were pretty good besides to whole caps lock thing, and fucktard, and anger. This only had one spot that added to the argument man. Can't wait to argue with you in some different thread.