00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Disliked games you enjoy?

5,202 Views | 78 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-06 09:12:42

Hmm I liked Drakkhen for Snes There's just not reviews on the game.
Playlist for it's Music

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-06 09:28:51

Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. But I think it's only hated for trivial stuff, like no nighttime and the ugly text font.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-06 09:43:01

At 11/6/11 12:22 AM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

This game is considered "disliked"? I thought a bunch of people, including myself, loved it. How many people have to get butthurt over it for to be called "disliked"? If it only takes a few people to hate a game for it to be disliked in the broad scheme of things, wouldn't every game ever made fall into this category?

Also, I enjoyed a lot of weird games that people seem to dislike. I haven't seen too many glowing reviews of Q*Bert 3 on the SNES, but I own it and enjoy it...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-07 07:28:37

At 6/20/11 02:12 PM, Gagsy wrote: but I still enjoy them because it's Harry Potter and I'm a Harry Potter geek :(

This. I remember playing either the first on PS1 or the second on PS2 and absolutely loving it. I spent ages tracking down chocolate frog cards and other collectibles to beat the game 100%.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-07 23:07:10

UMvC3.
Seeing as how huge of a fighting game nerd as I am, how could I not!
Also, what the fuck is with the hate against it!
Everybody: We want more characters, modes, online features and maps as dlc!!!!
Capcom: Hmm... How about we give that to you, but on a new disc and at a discounted price than it would have been if it was dlc!!!
Everybody: CAPCOM HOW DARE YOU GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!!!!
Capcom:.... Wut?

I Hereby post the blame on You

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-07 23:28:42

Kane and lynch dead men was my first 360 game and I love it so. On the other end; its sequal dog days is actually my all time least favorite game. Fuck that piece of garbage packaged to look like a sequel.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-07 23:51:06

Halo 3: ODST

Seriously. i loved that game. Best music in the series along side Halo 2.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-08 14:58:55

kane & lynch 1 & 2
postal 2
duke nukem forever
deadly premonition
splatterhouse

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-08 15:53:05

At 11/6/11 12:37 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: I previously wrote MW2, but now I'd like to add Alpha Protocol and Dragon Age 2 to the list.

Don't be ridiculous. Alpha Protocol was one of the most awesome games ever.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-08 16:13:06

DOOM 3; not the most hated game ever, but one that has certainly been maligned by many gamers for a few perceived flaws, namely; it's too dark, the scares are cheap and "monster cupboards." The latter two criticism are valid, but, imo don't affect the gameplay, but I disagree about the former. I think the darkness really adds to the atmosphere. DOOM 3 is one of my favorite games to replay.

Bioshock 2; Bioshock 2 may not live up to the greatness of the original but it is a very good game in it's own right. There are enough familiar aspects from the first game but there are also new elements that make it it's own entity. Being a slow, lumbering Big Daddy and using the little sisters to gather adam for you while you fight off hordes of splicers makes for a tense experience.

Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders; Heretic is usually only known for being the prequel to HeXen and is often disregarded as the black sheep of the DOOM engine, or id Tech 1, games. Heretic is my favorite DOOM engine game, however. The game world and sprites are bright and colorful, the gameplay is crisp, though possibly a bit too easy, and the maps are well conceived.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-08 17:08:40

Mirror's Edge and Fable II come to mind, a lot of people don't like those games.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-08 18:55:20

Minesweeper

I can't think of anything else

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-08 19:11:12

I liked LOTR: Conquest though it seems like it has gotten bad reviews all around. Maybe it's just because i'm a LOTR fanboy.

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-08 19:18:26

I liked Deus Ex Invisible war, although I don't know if people consider that game bad or anything, but I recall people saying it was lousy.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-08 19:28:59

I liked Sonic the hedgehog(2006) because it was REALLY FUN when you bought all those special gems for sonic.Sidequest were really cool for replay value.PLUS,a few open world stages were pretty fun to play in.

Sonic Heroes was a great game too.I never understood the hate it got,but I think its level designs were linear in a GOOD way.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-08 20:13:16

Viva Pinata

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-08 20:34:17

At 11/8/11 08:13 PM, FuckSandwich wrote: Viva Pinata

That game is hated on?
I liked the show and the 360 games look fun to play.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-08 21:16:17

Duke Nukem Forever- It was what I expected, I knew after 10 years it was bound to disappoint fans but I enjoyed it none the less.
Brink- My only problem with this game was that nobody played it, overall it was a fun game with a good multiplayer flow when you managed to get a full server.
Rogue Warrior- One of the most hilarious games I've played, the plot was so terrible but it suited the funny one liners of Dick and the credits made it totally worth it.
Alpha Protocol- A simple straight forward game, and who could hate the Heck character?

Sig by Maximus

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-11-08 21:42:42

(Ultimate) Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Somewhat balanced fighting game that gets alot of crap from scrubs/the ignorant that fail to realize that 3 characters equal 33% damage and more. However Wolverine/Akuma/Phoenix is ghey.

Undead Knights for the PSP
I found the game REALLY fun, and it somewhat accomplished it's task of "F shit up and turn people into zombies as a Badass Lord Knight, Dual blade user, or hot undead girl with a scythe.

Most sonic games this Generation I really liked, besides Shadow the Hedgehog. ONLY sonic game I couldn't finish cause it was that bad.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature