00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Old Age Death .. Symptoms?

5,671 Views | 19 Replies

Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 17:46:09

Hey guys, I don't expect you all to know everything about what I want to know about, but Google isn't telling me a whole lot. I'm probably wording my searches wrong or something.

Anyway, I'm really concerned about my Gramps, he's been battling cancer for a few years now and has actually beat it through surgery and chemotherapy. Now he's 78 years old, almost 79 years.

He's really... Feeble, he fell asleep the other week when he had company over and he was talking with them, then fell asleep out of nowhere. He's really slow moving now, he was pushing a wheelbarrow when I was over there and was out of breath just after a few feet, needless to say I didn't let him keep pushing it. I took it from him and moved it.

His legs froze up the other day when him and my grandma were driving, and he couldn't hit the brakes at a red light. The truck kept moving in to oncoming traffic before he ended up just going through the red light. He could have killed himself and my grandmother that day, and anybody who got involved in a collision with them.

Anyway, back to the point. Do any of you know symptoms of old age death? I just want to get an idea of how long I should think he has left. He's one of the few people in my life I've looked up to and I need to spend as much time with him as I can I think.

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 17:50:01

Everything you said in this thread is a symptom.

I AM THREAD KILLER!

BBS Signature

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 17:51:37

Low hanging testicals and the incapability of getting an erection when someone sucks on your balls.

you should check his balls and suck on em to be sure.

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 17:53:18

I'm not sure of anything that would hint that one's going to die of old age soon, but I'd guess at signs they're "giving up". I think that if people that age generally give the impression they're 'done', it might reflect that they are, and I think it would follow that they won't last terribly much longer.

At that age, I think the key thing that keeps people up and going is just the sheer will to live.

That said, it is not a bad idea to just spend a lot of time with your Gramps regardless. I don't think anyone's ever regretted actual quality time with a loved family member.

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 17:53:37

I suppose I should not have expected serious posts in this thread. My mistake.

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 17:54:31

This doesn´t sound to well, to be honest, but I can´t tell you if these are really symptoms of it, because everyone of my family died in an unnatural way.
Just make sure that you enjoy this time with him.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 18:27:59

Speaking of my grandpa possibly passing away soon, I need to find something out about him online.
He was a quarterback for the Saskatchewan Roughriders (CFL) from 1954 to 1960. I want to get his jersey number tattooed on me somewhere when he passes away. I would normally ask him what his jersey number was, but I'm afraid that if I do he'd ask why I am wondering. I don't want to tell him, "Oh, I was just wondering so I can get it permanently put on my body when you die."

He's an old man and I'm sure he knows he'll be passing away soon enough. I don't want to bring it up to him.

Do any of you know a website or something where I can find his jersey number? I've been googling CFL archives, as well as his name and years he played. Nothing has popped up with his jersey number. I'd doubt any of you can help me out but if somebody can please post a way or PM me.

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 18:29:18

At 5/23/11 05:53 PM, EpicFail wrote: I suppose I should not have expected serious posts in this thread. My mistake.

Well, what he's doing are the symptoms of death... you should spend alot of time with him, maybe give him a dog/cat for him to take care of, as people with pets live longer because they feel like they are needed by the dog/cat.

Meh.

BBS Signature

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 18:32:42

I would do that, but he has a cat actually. Well, my grandma has a cat, but he lives there too so it's his cat as well. Him and my grandma are still married and he knows that we all love him a lot. So I think he knows he has a lot of reasons to live, but death is unfortunately inevitable. Nobody lives forever, 78-79 is a great age to live though especially considering he has smoked for a long time and only quit about 10 years ago roughly, and has beat cancer twice.

I'm proud of him, but his life is ending before my eyes I think.
There is nothing anybody can do about it and that's the way it is.

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 18:39:10

...Sometimes, it's just your time to go.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 18:45:34

At 5/23/11 06:38 PM, Addict wrote:
And as for the jersey problem, elaborate more to Google. Give specific locations, certain positions in the sport itself, etc.

I found it now, he had three numbers in the years he played.

10, 80, 82

Now I have to decide which one to go with. I'm thinking 80. That way it will be the closest to the age he died, and still his jersey number.

Thanks for the help.

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 18:49:56

At 5/23/11 06:48 PM, Waterpenis wrote: SPOILERSSS

SPOILERSSS

SPOILERSSS

SPOILERSSS

SPOILERSSS

SPOILERSSS

He dies

SPOILERSSS

SPOILERSSS

Such a good name wasted on a terrible poster.

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 18:50:16

Shut up, dickhead. This is serious, we don't nned a troll here.

Meh.

BBS Signature

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 18:59:21

He dies

I am aware that people die, thanks for reminding me though. I almost forgot.

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 20:11:12

I don't think those are hints of death of old age, but you should spend some time with him since he might became physically unable to take care of himself soon.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 20:37:18

At 5/23/11 08:11 PM, Suprememessage wrote: I don't think those are hints of death of old age, but you should spend some time with him since he might became physically unable to take care of himself soon.

My younger brother and I always go there and help out. In winter we go shovel the snow for them, in summer we mow the lawns for them.

I wish there was more stuff I could do though, just as an excuse to spend more time.

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-23 20:52:24

All the other symptoms just sound like he's getting older but the drifting off part sounds concerning, have you tried getting him to a doctor at all? It could be sleep apnea

BBS Signature

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-25 04:11:11

At 5/23/11 08:52 PM, Jackdabomb wrote: All the other symptoms just sound like he's getting older but the drifting off part sounds concerning, have you tried getting him to a doctor at all? It could be sleep apnea

Not sure if that is the case, but I have actually read quite a bit about sleep apnea because I have many symptoms, I was just trying to figure out why I have these rank ass headaches all the time (mostly in morning).
Sleep apnea popped up as a possibility, so I might ask my doctor tomorrow about sleep apnea and symptoms just to see if my grandpa could possibly have it, since I'll be visiting her anyway to see what's wrong with my brain.

Anyway, since I found out his Football numbers, 10, 80, and 82. I've decided that when he does pass away, I will be getting 80 tattooed on me, going down the bottom of my left ribs at the angle shown below.
I chose 80 because he is 78 right now, if he passes away any time soon then 80 is the closest he will have lived until, so it is the most accurate for his age and football number.

I just designed this tonight, since I am bored and it was crossing my mind. I want to be prepared to get it done and not have to rush anything. I want it as soon as I can possibly get it to his passing.

LXXX is the number 80 is Roman Numerals, L = 50, X = 10.

This tattoo is going to hurt like a bitch since it is on my ribcage, but losing my grandpa will hurt much worse, and I want the tattoo in memory of him to be as close as possible to the pain of losing him. Cause I know it will be terrible

ITT I sound emo

Here's the tattoo I'll be getting

Old Age Death .. Symptoms?

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-25 05:13:22

At 5/25/11 04:11 AM, EpicFail wrote: since it is on my ribcage

Why do you want it on your ribcage? I don't think you can even read anything there unless you look down, in which case it'll be upside down, and if you look into a mirror, albeit it'll be inverted.
Still, sad to hear about your grandpa bro, my grandma was ~88 when she died, I felt terrible :(

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Old Age Death .. Symptoms? 2011-05-25 15:10:07

At 5/25/11 05:13 AM, Sanjeev98 wrote:
At 5/25/11 04:11 AM, EpicFail wrote: since it is on my ribcage
Why do you want it on your ribcage? I don't think you can even read anything there unless you look down, in which case it'll be upside down, and if you look into a mirror, albeit it'll be inverted.
Still, sad to hear about your grandpa bro, my grandma was ~88 when she died, I felt terrible :(

I don't think you'd be able to see any tattoo you got unless you looked down, unless it was on your face... Then you'd just have to look straight and in to a mirror.

My first tattoo was on my chest, I can't see it unless I look down, but where in the world on your body can you get a tattoo without having to look down to see it?
It's not there for me to see every day, it's there for others to see.

And I want it on my ribcage because it's the 2nd most painful spot, 3rd is apparently where I got my first tattoo on the chest, and 1st is on the back of the head.

I want it to hurt basically, besides that I don't think it would look good anywhere besides on my stomach area, I don't like arm tattoos too much, and this way if I am working somewhere in the future where I can't have tattoos showing, it won't be a problem because there is a shirt covering it.