00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game of Thrones (Show)

59,165 Views | 630 Replies

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-17 17:26:39

Lady Tarth is literally just how I imagined her to be when I read the books.

Also I would still tap that~

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-17 18:06:53

Am I the only one who watches the show but hasn't read the books?
I'm really enjoying season 2 but it's getting a little convoluted with too many new characters and, except for Tyrion, all my favorite characters of season 1 aren't getting enough screen time (especially Daenerys). Still it's basically the only good show on the air right now (alongside with Mad Men). I hope it gets better in the upcoming episodes.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-17 20:42:31

SPOILERS ETC

So, what did everyone think of Arya's stuff being compressed? We've basically just lost the chapter where they're captured by Gregor by putting Polliver under Amory Lorch's command instead and having him kill Lommy at the holdfast. Hopefully we get Gregor and The Tickler next episode, since it doesn't look like Harrenhal is until episode 5. It's also vitally important we get those Tickler scenes now for the pay off in ASOS.

We're still of a few men short of Arya's full prayer, too. We've got Joff, Cersei, Sandor, Gregor, Amory, Ilyn, Polliver and Meryn already, and The Tickler and Weese are cast, but we still need Dunsen, Chiswyk and Raff the Sweetling.

Also, I loved Hot Pie's "I YIELD!". Hopefully we'll hear more if it later.

Moving away from Arya, I'm starting to fear for Jeor Mormont's life. They've said someone unexpected to book readers will die beyond the wall this season. I was betting on Craster, but with his arc done for now, the Lord Commander is my next chpice. As long as it's not Dolorous Edd I don't care. Edd's probably safe anyway, since I'm about 99% sure he's Azor Ahai reborn.

Regarding people who might die, I really wish Tyrion would choke the fuck out of Shae already. I really can't stand her. That scene with Sansa was horrific. Speaking of Sansa, STILL no San/San. It's the only interesting stuff she gets to do until she leaves King's Landing, and most of it was cut from season 1, and there's been none at all in season 2.

Overall, best episode of the season so far. Looking forward to next week, since the trailer makes it look like we'll get both Renly's peach and Mel's shadow, and we could get those scenes with Gregor and his men too.

At 4/17/12 05:26 PM, Ryan wrote: Lady Tarth is literally just how I imagined her to be when I read the books.

Also I would still tap that~

Definitely not ugly enough. She's not particularly attractive, but not someone you look at and instantly think "ugly". Looked better in motion than she does in the stills released earlier. I'm glad she's a giant, though. Don't know if her next to Catelyn was forced perspective or not, but she looked huge.

At 4/17/12 06:06 PM, creepyboy wrote: I'm really enjoying season 2 but it's getting a little convoluted with too many new characters and, except for Tyrion, all my favorite characters of season 1 aren't getting enough screen time (especially Daenerys).

Dany is in the second book even less, they're giving her extra stuff to do. Moving some of her Storm of Swords stuff to this season, same as they're doing with Brienne and Jaime's arcs.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-23 08:10:49

They actually showed the shadow monster that came from miss whorealot red priestess' vagina.

Awesome.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-24 20:33:20

At 4/23/12 08:10 AM, Ryan wrote: They actually showed the shadow monster that came from miss whorealot red priestess' vagina.

Awesome.

That was pretty fuckin' weird, I won't lie. Like I zoned out a little while Stannis and the Onion Knight were talking and thought Stannis had told him to kill the priestess, then suddenly BAM, she's naked and shadow baby happens.

Since he was introduced I've taken note of every time a character had a perfectly good chance to kill Joffrey, with the latest episode being the hookers who had a club and could have beaten his shit in with a maximum of 1 casualty because no way he'd shoot both with a crossbow that fast, and I get a little disappointed with the character each time.

And on a final note, i'm surprised the fat kid in Arya's group is still alive. Speaking of Arya, if the Night's Watch is just made up of convicts and whatnot, wouldn't the able bodied people in that big death camp thing she's in just get sent there? Ultimately making her and Gendry end up where they were going in the first place?

I'm sick of spellchecking character's names whenever I post about this show

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-25 17:09:10

Hey guys, I would like to join this club. It's not really a club, but let's face it, it's a club. :P I read pretty much the whole thread, aside from book spoilers when I could help myself.

At 4/24/12 08:33 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: That was pretty fuckin' weird, I won't lie. Like I zoned out a little while Stannis and the Onion Knight were talking and thought Stannis had told him to kill the priestess, then suddenly BAM, she's naked and shadow baby happens.

As someone who has only started reading the first book, but is up to date with the show, I had the same happen to me.

I was 100% certain he was told to kill her, so like... I was so confused. And unhappy when I realized she wasn't going to be killed, she annoys me.

But the shadow/smoke thing surprised me. I didn't expect that at all.

Since he was introduced I've taken note of every time a character had a perfectly good chance to kill Joffrey, with the latest episode being the hookers who had a club and could have beaten his shit in with a maximum of 1 casualty because no way he'd shoot both with a crossbow that fast, and I get a little disappointed with the character each time.

I must say, I saw a short snippet of the scene where Joffrey was holding the crossbow preparing to shoot Sansa in one of the trailers, and I was SO HOPING that'd be from a later episode of season 2 where Joffrey was super desperate, perhaps King's Landing was under seige, etc.

I was SO disappointed to see that it just kind of happened, and wasn't the case. Ah well.

And on a final note, i'm surprised the fat kid in Arya's group is still alive. Speaking of Arya, if the Night's Watch is just made up of convicts and whatnot, wouldn't the able bodied people in that big death camp thing she's in just get sent there? Ultimately making her and Gendry end up where they were going in the first place?

"Ah, rapers. They were given a choice no doubt, castration or the wall. Most choose the knife" - Tyrion, in episode 2 or 3 or season 1.

"There's less than a thousand of us." - Maestor Aemon on episode 3 or 4 of season 1.

These two quotes should explain perfectly how uncommon it is for people to actually go to the wall. Hope that helps. :)

I'm sick of spellchecking character's names whenever I post about this show

I watched the first season with subtitles so I wouldn't confuse characters or butcher their names. It also helped me pick up on little specific dialogue choices that make a difference to the plot, or help explain a character better, that I probably wouldn't have noticed in the first place.

I'd also like to say, i'm greatly underwhelmed by Stannis. From what my Song of Ice & Fire obsessed friend who hyped him up to be a total badass, and the foreshadowing of his character in the first season making him seem like he'd be a very menacing character whose also a strategical genius, I was VERY let down with his character. And all the adjacent characters around him like Melisandre and the onion knight, are all boring and uninteresting as well. Maybe this will change though as the story goes on.

I also found it very anticlimactic, unrealistic and HORRIBLY transitioned about how Renly and Stannis just happened to meet. I thought that was horribly dumb, why would they meet? Why would they only meet with such small forces, what if there was an ambush on the other? And the convo they had wasn't really fulfilling either, just kind of both Baratheons stroking their own dick.

And I ALSO found it horribly stupid how all thirteen leaders of Qarth just HAPPENED to all be at the city gates waiting for Dany. Yeah, like that's realistic. Only... not. -.-

I also FEEL like, by this point in the plot, that Cersei is supposed to be WAY more desperate and insane in the book than she is seeming in the show. This is just me assuming that though and I could be dead wrong.

I'd also like to say, I wish the show was a little more clear on Vary's(the eunuch) morals and on what his role in everything is. I watched the first season twice, and I honestly can't tell what side he's on or what his general moral and belief system is.

/nerdgasm

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-25 17:14:07

At 4/25/12 05:09 PM, AniMetal wrote: "Ah, rapers. They were given a choice no doubt, castration or the wall. Most choose the knife" - Tyrion, in episode 2 or 3 or season 1.

*OF season 1. Bad spelling error.

Another complaint i'd like to make, is I feel like Theon's betrayal to Robb is MOST LIKELY much less surprising in the show than in the books. I feel like in the books it's probably going to be more shocking and whatnot, whereas it was pretty predictable in the show as everyone from Tyrion to Maestor Luwin to even Jaime have all made foreshadowing comments about Theon being a bastard and the fact he tried to kiss, and presumably rape, that wildling woman.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-25 17:33:08

Twilight answered the fuck out of those questions like a boss. Couldn't have said any of it better myself.

I'm quite happy with how season two is going along. Also, I've read all five current books.

fucking everyone dies

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-25 18:17:44

Lots of season 1 spoilers in this post...

At 4/25/12 05:24 PM, Bees wrote: lol were you even paying attention? stannis was meeting with renly to tell him that he is the rightful king, in person, because letters weren't doing it, and he was basically telling him to bend the knee and give stannis his rightful bannerman or he'd be destroyed basically. they weren't just strolling along and whoops its that guy who calls himself king and is also my brother let me make threats and then be on my way.

Well I mean, this is probably clearer in the book, but it's never directly stated in the series and i've hardly been able to pay attention to the Stannis plot as it is because it's been so boring. haha

it was realistic as the guy who came back on the horse to Dany had said Qarth was going to "receive her", i.e let her in. this is huge, as when Qarth closes its doors to someone, the body count around the city walls pile up. you can't survive outside of Qarth, and not a lot of people get in, plus she's called the mother of dragons. in the conversation the fat guy keeps saying he wants to see the dragons, that the leaders didn't believe they existed, and they all wanted to see. hence them all being there.

It's not this which is unrealistic, it's unrealistic in the sense that the thirteen had no knowledge of when or even IF for certain Dany would go to Qarth. So unless the Thirteen have nothing better to do but jack off at the city gate while waiting for Dany to come, which there was a possibility she wouldn't in the first place, then i still say it's unrealistic.

I understand that they were expecting Dany, but I doubt they would've been THAT easy to assemble together a.s.a.p. when Dany arrived to greet her. Especially considering as it appears like Dany's group was JUST getting there when the thirteen and their soldiers came out to greet her.

aren't you only on the first book? cersei really has no role as she's just the Queen Regent and not in command of any army, her father is. she really can't do anything outside the castle walls and the city which seems to be pretty mild right now. there's no mention of the status of the actual people in King's Landing. unless you mean more desperate and insane that jamie has been captured and is being held hostage. cersei has sansa and has fooled people into thinking she has arya. everyone on the lannister's side basically is claiming they have arya, and as long as they hold the two captive starks, they have neutralized any threat to jamie's well being.

This is exactly WHY I feel she should be desperate and insane.

Jaime is captive. Her twin brother and her lover whom she was "Meant to be with."

She only has Sansa Stark. She has no idea where Arya is and NEEDS to find her, and she couldn't even control her son from executing Ned which she clearly didn't want to happen.

Tyrion, whom from my understanding, Cersei is supposed to HATE is now in King's Landing and is basically calling the shots as well as blatantly challenging Cersei. (Insulting her about losing two of the three "starks to trade", removing her hand-picked city watch guys from the council, having her believe that her daughter is being shipped to Dorne, etc.)

Her sons Joffrey and Tomien NOT being rightful heirs to the throne, and her fear of them being removed from the line is also HUGE. She is obsessed with her children, she's obviously distraught.

Plus, the threats of Robb Stark and both Baratheon brothers is most certainly something that should be plaguing her mind.

So... yes, i'm pretty sure at this point she's supposed to be desperate as fuck and on her way to a mental breakdown. I feel like her actress has expressed hints of this through her wordchoices and general looks, but it's kind of subtly done so I can't tell whether or not it's just my observation or if it's intentional. Plus, she's MUCH less proper and well-managed than she was in say, the first few episodes of the first season - and I feel like this is very intentional to show she doesn't have the time to handle herself anymore and/or that she no longer gives a shit about that kind of thing.

It might also be mentioned, that she's probably pretty disappointed that she no longer has any real control over Joffrey. This hasn't been proved yet, but I can assume this is the case considering he executed Ned and even went as far to slap her.

I'd also like to say, I wish the show was a little more clear on Vary's(the eunuch) morals and on what his role in everything is. I watched the first season twice, and I honestly can't tell what side he's on or what his general moral and belief system is.
honestly i'd say it's like this in the books, too. he doesn't get his own chapters, and you only get a hint of his intentions when he's throwing subtle threats at someone or reminding people that he is the eyes and ears of King's Landing. he gets more important towards the end, however.

I figured as much. Still bothers me. hahaha

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-25 18:25:44

I understand that they were expecting Dany, but I doubt they would've been THAT easy to assemble together a.s.a.p. when Dany arrived to greet her. Especially considering as it appears like Dany's group was JUST getting there when the thirteen and their soldiers came out to greet her.

You make good points on most of what you're saying, but Qarth is surrounded by a bigass desert-y terrain. As long as there are guards with a good view of the land surrounding the city, they ought to be able to see Dany's whole caravan, find the thirteen, bring them to the main gate, and still have enough time to finish a game of monopoly before Dany actually gets there.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-25 18:34:25

At 4/25/12 06:25 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote:
You make good points on most of what you're saying, but Qarth is surrounded by a bigass desert-y terrain. As long as there are guards with a good view of the land surrounding the city, they ought to be able to see Dany's whole caravan, find the thirteen, bring them to the main gate, and still have enough time to finish a game of monopoly before Dany actually gets there.

I don't know, it just feels unrealistic to me. Especially considering these guys are all supposed to be merchants and such?

As if all of them can get away from their leading, merchanting-stuff and their whores to go greet someone - that's assuming they could all be hunted down in the first place.

It's just like, I could understand maybe 3-7 of them. But the fact it's all thirteen of them just seems unrealistic to me. Plus, what kind of dumb democratic society keeps ALL their political leaders in the same place? Even the USA has a rule to keep away at least three key political leaders away from other political leaders in the event of a catastrophe so that there'd be someone left to rule. hahaha

I suppose i'd believe it if we've seen evidence of telescopes or something, but this isn't the case so it just kind of... eh. Gets on my nerves.

Also, according to earlier mentioned obsessed with ASOIAF friend, Stannis has a daughter or something in the books? What? Why would they leave that out? Especially considering this is a series where every character is important somehow or another.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-25 20:05:49

On the ninth episode of the first season. God I want to shove a stop sign up Geoffrey's ass.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-27 13:23:52

Regarding Stannis and Renly's meeting, it's SIGNIFICANTLY better in the books. Rather than Stannis just turning up to treat with Renly, he instead lays siege to Storm's End in an attempt to get access to one of Robert's bastards to help prove Joffrey is not his son, which is a plotline dropped by the show.

Renly returns with his larger army and speaks with him in a similar manner to the show, but has a great little moment where he goes into his jacket to pull out a peach to toss to Stannis, while Stannis thinks he's going for his sword. Then the shadowbabby stuff happens.

I also agree on the Qarth stuff being a bit odd, but that's just there to give Dany something to do since she features so little in A Clash of Kings. In the books she finds an abandoned city with a supply of food and water, and is able to live there comfortably while her riders go out to scout like in the show. Rather than going to Qarth close to death, some of the Qartheen come to the abandoned city she is in and invite her to return with them, and she enters without problems.

At 4/25/12 07:44 PM, Bees wrote:
Also, according to earlier mentioned obsessed with ASOIAF friend, Stannis has a daughter or something in the books? What? Why would they leave that out? Especially considering this is a series where every character is important somehow or another.
they mention her a few times but she's like really ugly and stannis is ashamed of her

They haven't mentioned Shireen in the show, but they also made a point to not preclude the possibility of including her later. Mel mentions Selyse giving Stannis "no sons", not no children.

Honestly, all you're missing by cutting Shireen is Patchface's prophecies, and like most ASOIAF prophecies outside of Azor Ahai stuff they don't matter to the plot, they're just there so you can go "Oh, that's what that meant!" when they come true.

Speaking of prophecies, HBO confirmed the House of the Undying is in the show. Curious as to how they do that. Dany sees several characters we've already been introduced to dead, which is simple enough to do on paper since she doesn't know who they are, and again you only realise who it was when it actually happens, but it's harder to do on screen.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-30 19:41:39

Spoiler alerts for episode 5 of season 2 which aired last night!

-------------------

What the fuck? Shadow thing is born, and now Renly's dead? What? Please tell me this is done much smoother and less... randomly than it is in the show. :/

The plot finally seems to be heating up Beyond the Wall, let's hope we get some legitimate action now. Personally, I couldn't give a damn about the "white walkers" but I am excited to see Mance Rayder's army of wildlings, as well as maybe the giants or "pale spiders large as hounds" - both of which have only been hinted at earlier on.

Honestly, I really am not following the Dany plot that much. It's just so boring, all these new characters from Qarth are so uninteresting and everyone knows this plot isn't going anywhere and that Dany does actually do anything until the fifth book.

That little insight into Theon was a bit unnecessary. I had assumed, by this point, that he'd already have been at sea. But it was still cool to see him be the little pussy bitch that he is. haha

I'm REALLY liking the Arya plot. I think it's a bit unrealistic that she happened to be discovered by Tywin, but if you role with it I think it's cool and it's a nice insight into Tywin - i'm really wondering who the two people she'll wish to kill are. Also, i'm really wondering what Gendry's role is now - at first I assumed he was pretty much there to protect Arya, but now i'm not so sure.

Also, i'm really fucking getting sick of Bran Stark. WE GET IT, YOU'RE HAVING DREAMS. WE DON'T CARE. I feel like he's been nothing but a total waste of screentime and space ever since he woke up from his coma.

On the topic of Starks, is it just me or does this show not give anywhere nearly enough justice to Robb Stark? Both first season and second.

Anyway, as for the real kicker of the episode, Renly's dead? What the actual fuck? I still can't get over this. Especially considering he was the only one of the "five kings" i really supported anyway. It's not even five kings now, now it's four. Fuck.

Also, I still can't appreciate any of the characters on the Stannis front - Stannis, Mel and Davos are all just so boring and stale.

Cool thing with Tyrion and the "wildfire" plot. I just wish there had been some mention of this chemical, even if it was only mentioned one or twice in dialogue, in earlier episodes. It was interesting to see Bronn actually talk for a change too. Also, I really can't stand Lancel's voice but maybe that's just me.

What do you guys think about the latest episode?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-30 19:43:30

At 4/30/12 07:41 PM, AniMetal wrote: everyone knows this plot isn't going anywhere and that Dany does actually do anything until the fifth book.

And that Dany DOESN'T actually do anything until the fifth book. My bad. haha

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-30 20:00:37

At 4/30/12 07:47 PM, Shade wrote: Okay, I picked up the first book of the series a few days ago, does anyone know where I can watch the show for free?

I don't get HBO

Season 1
Season 2

Skip the "episode 0"'s, I don't know what those are.

Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend purchasing the DVD or Bluray boxset of Season 1 - it's so much more epic and worth it than watching random mediocre quality streams on the internet. TRUST me.

In fact, I think watching the show online makes the whole experience about five times less epic.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-30 20:32:11

At 4/30/12 07:41 PM, AniMetal wrote: What the fuck? Shadow thing is born, and now Renly's dead? What? Please tell me this is done much smoother and less... randomly than it is in the show. :/

In the book Renly's death is sudden and unexplained, you don't see the shadow born first. You later see another shadow born that kills one of Renly's bannermen who is still holding out in Storm's End, confirming that Melisandre was the source of Renly's killer.

The plot finally seems to be heating up Beyond the Wall, let's hope we get some legitimate action now. Personally, I couldn't give a damn about the "white walkers" but I am excited to see Mance Rayder's army of wildlings, as well as maybe the giants or "pale spiders large as hounds" - both of which have only been hinted at earlier on.

Don't get too excited, it doesn't really kick off until the start of A Storm of Swords. Mance hasn't even been cast yet. Closest we get this season is Rattleshirt, a lower down Wildling leader.

Honestly, I really am not following the Dany plot that much. It's just so boring, all these new characters from Qarth are so uninteresting and everyone knows this plot isn't going anywhere and that Dany does actually do anything until the fifth book.

Dany does even less in A Dance With Dragons than in A Clash of Kings. Her chapters are only interesting for the characters around her, most of whom should be showing up towards the end of this season. Also, look forward to the House of the Undying that Pyat Pree invited her too this week, it's one of the best parts of the book.

That little insight into Theon was a bit unnecessary. I had assumed, by this point, that he'd already have been at sea. But it was still cool to see him be the little pussy bitch that he is. haha

I liked Dagmer Cleftjaw not actually having a fucking cleftjaw. Also, besieging Torren's Square with one boat is pretty impressive, he's got 8 in the book.

I'm REALLY liking the Arya plot. I think it's a bit unrealistic that she happened to be discovered by Tywin, but if you role with it I think it's cool and it's a nice insight into Tywin - i'm really wondering who the two people she'll wish to kill are. Also, i'm really wondering what Gendry's role is now - at first I assumed he was pretty much there to protect Arya, but now i'm not so sure.

Arya choosing The Tickler as her first kill makes her look like a retard. In the book it's another of The Mountain's soldiers who has been cut from the show, who has previously beaten her, so she's angry and not thinking clearly. Picking The Tickler over Tywin or Joffrey just makes her look like she's not thinking about it properly.

It also means we don't get the INCREDIBLE scene from A Storm of Swords where she kills The Tickler herself, wildly stabbing him while screaming the same questions he repeatedly asked of his torture victims.

Also, i'm really fucking getting sick of Bran Stark. WE GET IT, YOU'RE HAVING DREAMS. WE DON'T CARE. I feel like he's been nothing but a total waste of screentime and space ever since he woke up from his coma.

It's actually Jojen Reed, son of Howland Reed, one of Ned's oldest friends and the only man still alive who knows what really happened at The Tower of Joy, who has the prophetic dreams in the book. He's been cut and the dreams given to Bran instead. Bran only has the dreams about being a wolf, not the ones about the sea coming to Winterfell.

On the topic of Starks, is it just me or does this show not give anywhere nearly enough justice to Robb Stark? Both first season and second.

Robb isn't actually a point of view character in the books, so you see even less of him. Things that we've seen this season like the battle at Oxcross we only hear about in the books, generally in Catelyn chapters. She's been moved into his camp to give him more screen time, since most of her story is actually set in Riverrun, which is also where Jaime is prisoner, which has been cut entirely, along with her father Hoster, brother Edmure and The Blackfish, her uncle.

Anyway, as for the real kicker of the episode, Renly's dead? What the actual fuck? I still can't get over this. Especially considering he was the only one of the "five kings" i really supported anyway. It's not even five kings now, now it's four. Fuck.

Technically there were never five kings. Balon doesn't declare himself King until after Renly is dead. Mance and Dany don't count.

Also, I still can't appreciate any of the characters on the Stannis front - Stannis, Mel and Davos are all just so boring and stale.

Davos is such a bro, one of my favourite characters. They're not doing him any justice in the show. I really like Stannis too, but more so in the later books.

Cool thing with Tyrion and the "wildfire" plot. I just wish there had been some mention of this chemical, even if it was only mentioned one or twice in dialogue, in earlier episodes. It was interesting to see Bronn actually talk for a change too. Also, I really can't stand Lancel's voice but maybe that's just me.

Wildfire basically comes out of nowhere in the books too. The whole thing about it being Cersei's idea isn't included, Tyrion decides to do it himself. Not sure why they had the bit about her ordering it really, maybe just to let Tyrion get another one over on her.

What do you guys think about the latest episode?

Not hugely impressed, if I'm honest. I strongly dislike having The Ticker be Arya's first death, and don't feel they handled Renly's death very well either. They cut out Loras Tyrell going mad with grief over Renly's death and cutting two of the Rainbow Guard down, which would have been nice to see if only to reinforce the fact that he's supposed to be a great warrior, something we've only heard about, never seen.

I am enjoying Arya and Tywin's interaction, though. It's Roose Bolton she serves as cupbearer for originally, and he doesn't have the same sort of relationship with her Tywin is developing.

Something I'm not clear on, has Jon actually left the Fist with Qhorin now? The trailer for next week has Ygritte in it, which means it has him ranging at some point during the episode, but he still needs to find the obsidian daggers and arrow heads, or Sam's going to be in a bit of trouble come the start of season 3.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-30 20:57:34

Spoilers:

The best parts from the books are obviously Jon Snow's description of Ygritte's fiery red bush and Sansa's description of Tyrion's purple headed cock.

Unfortunately, I'm sure those scenes are still quite a while now before they will happen. :c

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-30 20:58:49

I don't think having The Tickler killed was necessarily a "retarded" move on Arya's part.

I think she wanted to she wanted to test out whether or not that-man-whose-name-I-can't-spell was really up to the task or not, and she probably also wanted revenge for seeing her friends getting tortured in front of her.

Makes sense to me, even if she probably should've saved the kill for a bigger fish.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-04-30 20:59:28

At 4/30/12 08:57 PM, Ryan wrote: Spoilers:

The best parts from the books are obviously Jon Snow's description of Ygritte's fiery red bush and Sansa's description of Tyrion's purple headed cock.

Unfortunately, I'm sure those scenes are still quite a while now before they will happen. :c

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.

- George R. R. Martin

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-05-04 15:01:23

Season 3 casting has started. They're looking for Shireen Bartheon and Daario Naharis so far.

I fucking hate Daario.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-05-04 15:28:16

I hope we get to see more of Aarya and Jon with this next episode, especially because we haven't been seeing enough of Jon all season. I'd rather we take a break from Dany and Bran for a bit because, like most people are saying, they haven't been very interesting lately. I'm surprised they've only shown Rickon, like, 3 times since the show started considering even though he's little, he's still a Stark and they're kind of a big deal with the war and all. If he doesn't have a more important role later then they might have just cut him from the show.

Is there any more context to how the guy who Aarya saved and who killed the Tickler actually became a guard in the book than in the show? Because I think it's kind of weird that he's been there for, like, 5 minutes and has already become a guard in what I assume is a fairly high-security place, with all the prisoners.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-05-04 15:49:45

At 5/4/12 03:28 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: I hope we get to see more of Aarya and Jon with this next episode, especially because we haven't been seeing enough of Jon all season. I'd rather we take a break from Dany and Bran for a bit because, like most people are saying, they haven't been very interesting lately. I'm surprised they've only shown Rickon, like, 3 times since the show started considering even though he's little, he's still a Stark and they're kind of a big deal with the war and all. If he doesn't have a more important role later then they might have just cut him from the show.

Next episode looks to be mostly Theon and Jon, if the trailer is anything to go by.

Unfortunately we might not get much more Arya until episode 10. It's called "Valar Morghulis", which is a phrase associated with Arya and Jaqen, and there's not a whole lot more for her to do until the point where it's introduced. They could give her more to do, I guess, but other than her second death and then Weasel soup, she's basically done.

Is there any more context to how the guy who Aarya saved and who killed the Tickler actually became a guard in the book than in the show? Because I think it's kind of weird that he's been there for, like, 5 minutes and has already become a guard in what I assume is a fairly high-security place, with all the prisoners.

Rorge, Biter and Jaqen join Amory Lorch's men right after the attack on the holdfast, and in the book there's more time between that and Harrenhal. He's not a guard, he's just a soldier. Harrenhal isn't a prison, they just happen to be keeping prisoners there too.

Tywin has been recruiting mercenaries for a while at this point, so hiring one more isn't out of the ordinary.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-05-04 16:19:49

At 5/4/12 03:49 PM, TheMaster wrote:
Unfortunately we might not get much more Arya until episode 10. It's called "Valar Morghulis", which is a phrase associated with Arya and Jaqen, and there's not a whole lot more for her to do until the point where it's introduced. They could give her more to do, I guess, but other than her second death and then Weasel soup, she's basically done.

Well at least we get to see Jon and Theon, they haven't actually done anything for a few episodes except make plans so it's about time.

Rorge, Biter and Jaqen join Amory Lorch's men right after the attack on the holdfast, and in the book there's more time between that and Harrenhal. He's not a guard, he's just a soldier. Harrenhal isn't a prison, they just happen to be keeping prisoners there too.

Tywin has been recruiting mercenaries for a while at this point, so hiring one more isn't out of the ordinary.

Alright, that clears things up. When Aarya and the fat kid got to Harrenhal and talked about how it smelled like dead people before being put in a crowded cage thing while people were periodically tortured, I was thinking it was like a concentration camp kind of thing for prisoners. I thought it was weird that Tywin had been meeting with other people there when I thought it was just a place to interrogate and execute people.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-05-04 16:32:05

At 5/4/12 04:19 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: Alright, that clears things up. When Aarya and the fat kid got to Harrenhal and talked about how it smelled like dead people before being put in a crowded cage thing while people were periodically tortured, I was thinking it was like a concentration camp kind of thing for prisoners. I thought it was weird that Tywin had been meeting with other people there when I thought it was just a place to interrogate and execute people.

Harrenhal is Tywin's base of operations in the Riverlands. He's taking shelter there while he waits for reinforcements before attacking Robb. They didn't make it entirely clear in the show, but those soldiers Robb slaughtered a few episodes ago where the reinforcements Ser Stafford Lannister was training.

The battle takes place well into Lannister territory. They thought they were secure because the only way to get into the Westerlands is defended by the Golden Tooth, and Stafford had assumed Robb would be unable to take the castle, but Grey Wind discovers a mountain trail that allows Robb to bypass the castle and sneak his army behind enemy lines, allowing him to surprise the reinforcements and destroy them before they can go to Tywin.

They haven't done a very good job of explaining how the war is going, really. They need to add Robb's army to the opening titles, so you have some idea where all these encounters take place. There's fighting in the Riverlands that you would assume is Robb's men fighting Tywin's, but Robb's army is with him in the west raiding behind Lannister lines, and it's actually Tully men led by Edmure Tully, Catelyn's brother who has not yet appeared in the show, who are doing the fighting.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-05-06 23:42:59

I've been pretty MIA here but still watching the show every week.I kinda skip around the posts here cause there seems to be a lot of discussion of the books, of which I have not read.

My thoughts on Season 2 Episode 6: The riot in Kings Landing was sick, it gets more and more rewarding every time Tyrion gives Joffry a slap. I hope Arya and Tywin become BFFs, Theon is such a scummy piece of shit, and omg Dany's dragons.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-05-07 09:53:59

At 5/6/12 11:42 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: Theon is such a scummy piece of shit

Killing Rodrick was too far. Think it's going to be hard to sympathise with him now. Something has gone seriously wrong when I'm going to be rooting for Ramsay Bolton.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-05-07 10:22:49

I was pretty unsympathetic to Sansa for a while, but that almost-rape scene really humanized her for me. I do love how evil they build Geoffrey up to be, because that cow turd and Tyrion slapping him were so excessively satisfying. Also, I'm interested in what will happen to Daneyers now that her dragons are gone and she has nothin'.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-05-07 10:26:23

At 5/7/12 09:53 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 5/6/12 11:42 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: Theon is such a scummy piece of shit
Killing Rodrick was too far. Think it's going to be hard to sympathise with him now. Something has gone seriously wrong when I'm going to be rooting for Ramsay Bolton.

I'm just hoping that Robb comes in and brings him back to the Starks. I don't really want to see him die, Theon is just a confused kid trying to figure out how to consolidate his Father's hatred with his tight bonds to the Starks.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-05-07 17:54:48

At 5/7/12 10:26 AM, camobch0 wrote: I'm just hoping that Robb comes in and brings him back to the Starks. I don't really want to see him die, Theon is just a confused kid trying to figure out how to consolidate his Father's hatred with his tight bonds to the Starks.

That's how Theon SHOULD be portrayed, but it's not how they've done it in the show. In the books he's never forced into killing people he's close to, like Ser Rodrik, so you never know if he'd actually be able to bring himself to do it. Most of the evil shit that happens while he's at Winterfell is Reek/Ramsay Bolton's fault, and he's been cut, so a lot of that now falls to Theon instead.

At least they finally confirmed Ramsay. Rather than starting in Winterfell, going to the Dreadfort, and coming back with his men, he's just going to be coming straight from the Dreadfort. I'd have preferred to have him there from the beginning, Theon and Ramsay is one of the best relationships in the series, but at least he's still there.

BBS Signature