00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

J-Rex Art Thread

4,263 Views | 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2011-04-23 19:51:08

Thanks for the advice but there not made on the computer so I can't put them in the portal right?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2011-04-23 20:23:53

At 4/23/11 07:51 PM, J-Rex wrote: Thanks for the advice but there not made on the computer so I can't put them in the portal right?

The only things now allowed in the portal are photography works. A picture of a sketch or sculpture or painting or model is fine.

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2011-04-23 20:24:29

At 4/23/11 07:51 PM, J-Rex wrote: Thanks for the advice but there not made on the computer so I can't put them in the portal right?

That's not how it works, exactly. Any art can go on the art portal as long as it's yours and actually art, rather than photography or something like that, but most of the art on there is made by higher quality artists. To get it the way it is, most people draw a picture, scan it, then use the program Photoshop to add all the color, effects, and everything else. Though if you were to submit your art to the portal, i'd recommend that you at least scan it first so it's not blurry and impossible to see clearly.

I honestly don't believe that you're 13. There's nothing wrong with it if you aren't, but you'd be a little young to be on this site. If you're telling the truth, than i'd recommend you find a way to develop a drawing style. When I was a blossoming cartoonist and couldn't draw, I copied (Not traced, copied) comics from Eddsworld.com until I could draw that style, and have since then gradually improved or otherwise changed it to make my own.

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2011-04-24 11:10:15

Here's a sketch of Tom from Eddsworld. This is on my profile just not in the art portal.

J-Rex Art Thread

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2011-04-24 11:17:31

I don't think he meant that you have to specifically copy eddsworld, but more just a certain comic/cartoon that you really like. (Although if you're gonna post it here, I recommend staying away from manga, a lot of people frown upon that style.)

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2011-04-24 18:29:00

At 4/24/11 11:10 AM, J-Rex wrote: Here's a sketch of Tom from Eddsworld. This is on my profile just not in the art portal.

Tom looks a little.............high and........... "interesting".

Just your average beginner artist

My Youtube Account

My DeviantArt Account

BBS Signature

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2011-04-24 20:38:04

Well the picture I drew Toms face from was this one. I picked this picture to draw Tom from because it seemed the easiest.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2011-11-29 19:04:08

Here's a drawing of Castle Crasher I drew. It's a bit blurry because the camera zoom messed up the focus.

J-Rex Art Thread

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2012-07-10 00:22:49

Update here's the Batman logo. It took me awhile to do this only because the yellow sharpie I was using died in the middle and I had to improvise with other markers. Can't show you the whole circle and all due to cropping and size issues.

J-Rex Art Thread

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2012-07-10 04:23:59

At 7/10/12 03:57 AM, GinkoLaw wrote: Another 13 year old?

I'm noticing that you look at 13 year olds as inferiors compared to yourself. That's a skewed perspective on your part, so you better work on it. Age doesn't have anything to do with skill or attitude. We're all equals.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2012-07-10 05:15:42

At 4/24/11 11:10 AM, J-Rex wrote: Here's a sketch of Tom from Eddsworld. This is on my profile just not in the art portal.

Color him in all the way ass butt!
Also I noticed you tried to draw it like one big line. NO! You use basic shapes and stuff. Go LEARN things damn it!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2012-07-10 10:09:50

At 7/10/12 05:15 AM, sweet21 wrote:
Color him in all the way ass butt!
Also I noticed you tried to draw it like one big line. NO! You use basic shapes and stuff. Go LEARN things damn it!

I did color him in but my computer crashed and I lost the picture. Also these drawings all were drawn before I went and studied a bit.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2012-07-10 18:19:48

Castle Crasher: Well, is simple, but funny. Not bad, but, the focus of the camera is half bad XP
The rest of the topic not are bad.

stop();

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2012-10-17 17:05:45

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/j-rex/everyday-life-with-s-tickman1?context=ratings:etm .user:3576257.scouted:.offset:0New comic series. I know the actual drawings are horrible but for now this is a medium for my one liner jokes. I hope to develop an art style then make this comic look appealing.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to J-Rex Art Thread 2012-10-20 09:45:48

At 7/10/12 12:22 AM, J-Rex wrote: Update here's the Batman logo. It took me awhile to do this only because the yellow sharpie I was using died in the middle and I had to improvise with other markers. Can't show you the whole circle and all due to cropping and size issues.

surely this is the greatest work of art the world has ever known and surely it deserves its rightful place to be hung up on the most prestigious art showcase in the world: on the fridge