00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011

22,602 Views | 420 Replies

Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-16 08:46:54

So the NBA playoffs are starting today and here are the first round match ups.

EASTERN CONFERENCE
1. Chicago Bulls vs. 8. Indiana Pacers
2. Miami Heat vs. 7. Philadelphia 76ers
3. Boston Celtics vs. 6. New York Knicks
4. Orlando Magic vs. 5. Atlanta Hawks

WESTERN CONFERENCE
1. San Antonio Spurs vs. 8. Memphis Grizzlies
2. Los Angeles Lakers vs. 7. New Orleans Hornets
3. Dallas Mavericks vs. 6. Portland Trailblazers
4. Oklahoma City Thunder vs. 5. Denver Nuggets

It's gonna be hella epic so who you guys rootin for or your playoff predictions,from the pic you kno who i'm goin for. ;)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-16 08:47:56

spurs or mavs

don't really care, as long as texas wins

we're a punchline to spengler's joke

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-16 08:49:30

All I know is that the Knicks have no hope of winning and will be pummeled.

Tee hee.

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-16 08:54:38

At 4/16/11 08:49 AM, Sawdust wrote: All I know is that the Knicks have no hope of winning and will be pummeled.

Tee hee.

Consider this is their first playoff appearance in about a decade i think they should be happy just getting there also i think they got a puncher's chance against Boston with them old legs they got and how they limped into the playoffs only going 10-10 in their last 20 games,the Knicks do have the best player on the court in Carmelo Anthony after all so anything can happen.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-16 08:56:24

At 4/16/11 08:54 AM, illuminate wrote: anything can happen.

Quite, which is why I will be paying attention to their serious with much fervor.

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-16 10:11:10

Team I think will win: Spurs

Team I want to win: Bulls

Team that I'd find funny if they win: Knicks

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-16 11:50:48

Well, I'm rooting for the Denver Nuggets (Someone has to) and it looks like getting a good deal for Carmelo Anthony, by sending him to New York has worked in our favour. Points come from all over and a reasonably leaky defence will make these games closer than I like.

I'm looking forward to the playoffs with renewed gusto. Let's get it on!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-16 12:10:30

At 4/16/11 10:11 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Team I think will win: Spurs

Team I want to win: Bulls

Team that I'd find funny if they win: Knicks

The Spurs have no chance, the Thunder will beat them in the second round. Without Manu the Spurs bench won't keep up.

<(ò_ó)>

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-16 17:03:12

Even though the Bulls have the best record in the regular season, they are still being overlooked by Miami {who are nothing to sneeze at}, and Boston {with no Perkins}. Granted, the playoffs are a whole different game, and we all know about the Cavaliers choking in the playoffs so many times, but I still believe that the Bulls and the Lakers are going to meet in the Finals, and Chicago will have it's 7th NBA title when it's all said and done.

I'd also lol at these experts saying that Dallas is going to lose to Portland in the first round, when Portland hasn't been past the 1st round in over a decade. Blazers do have some depth on their team and some size to them, but 1 or 2 good players and a bunch of B-players aren't going to beat a more talented, hungrier team in Dallas.

If you want to look at an upset potential, look at the San Antonio Spurs {who are vastly overrated}, against Memphis. With that said, Memphis doesn't have enough to beat the Spurs in a 7 game series, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does go the full 7 games.

As for the best matchup in the first round, it's by far OKC vs. Denver. Both teams can score over 100+ every game, partly due because they don't play defense that well. I can't see the Nuggets winning this series at all, because when you lose someone like Carmelo, you just can't go far in the playoffs.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-16 18:09:20

I hate people that discuss sports. Instead of watching people play, get into a club and play yourself.

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-17 00:15:27

Well Day 1 was pretty nuts with the close one between Chicago & Indiana though D-Rose showed off his MVPness even more in that close win but what a real shame was is Dwight Howard getting his career high 46 points (31 in the 1st half) and yet the Magic lose 93-103 at home to the Hawks,the other two games and finishes were typical with the Sixers & Blazers playing their A game and yet it still isn't enough against the clearly better teams in the Heat & Mavs.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-17 00:20:49

At 4/16/11 06:09 PM, TacoFreak wrote: I hate people that discuss sports. Instead of watching people play, get into a club and play yourself.

Instead of watching a movie, go be in one

Instead of watching a concert, go play one

Instead of listening to music, make some

It's entertainment, sports or not

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-17 00:21:54

At 4/16/11 06:09 PM, TacoFreak wrote: I hate people that discuss sports. Instead of watching people play, get into a club and play yourself.

Hey you're right.

Instead of listening to music, I should start my singing career.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-17 03:43:26

i swear, we need a sports forum or something....

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-17 09:19:52

At 4/17/11 03:43 AM, Lionel738 wrote: i swear, we need a sports forum or something....

Yea that debate has always been up in the air but for a Flash Movie/Game site it probably wouldn't serve much purpose thought it would be better than a politics forum lol but i'm satisfied that you can just make threads about certain playoffs or whatever.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-17 09:25:27

Go Spurs, Lakers, and Hornets!

I think I might get tickets to the east conference finals, depending on where it is.

Tox isn't allowed to come or I'm not going-Suprememessage

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-18 13:14:11

I'm sure no one predicted that the Hornets would beat the Lakers in Game 1, 109-100. With that said, however, I can't see the Hornets pushing this series beyond 5 games. The Lakers are too good of a team to lose to the Hornets in the 1st round and even if one of their backup players has chicken pox.

The Grizzlies on the other hand I could see them taking the Spurs to the limit, if not knock them out entirely. {but that's a very big if.} Without Manu, the Spurs can't really put some distance on anybody in games, and have to rely on the rest of the team, {which most of them are pretty old} to pick up the pace on the offensive front.

And as always, Go Bulls!

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-18 13:52:27

I don't really care who wins... I'm pretty sure Boston is going to make it to the Eastern Conference finals (at which point it'll actually become important that we have Shaq back). What I care about is who loses. I'll be really pumped if the Lakers get knocked out. Because really, they should be knocked out. They've represented the West for the past three years and even though it'd be sweet for the Celtics to own them in the Finals this year I'd rather play a team that earned their way there with hard-work instead of riding on their huge front-court and volume Kobe.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-18 16:39:24

The Sixers fucking suck, they had a 20 point lead in the game against The Heat and The Heat still found a way to come back to win it. Heat were heavily favored for a reason, because The Sixers are choke artists who will not pull an epic upset off against The Heat.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-18 20:15:42

Spurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs. I like me some spurs.

Pretty poor showing on Sunday, honestly. But Manu will almost certainly be back on Wednesday's game. I think the Grizz will be overcome in six games. Championship experience and elite scorers will overcome their novel (but novice!) antics.

2nd round may be the most difficult of the entire playoffs. OKC will be a bitch to dispatch, especially with the addition of Perkins to the roster. LA looks like utter trash right now; if they make it past round 2, I see them being an easier opponent in the Western Conference Finals than just about anyone else...

Ultimately, though, everything beyond round one is speculation, so I'll keep my mouth shut on predictions until these series have developed further.

Also, I do not care at all about the Eastern Conference.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-18 20:19:43

At 4/16/11 12:10 PM, Yuan-Ti wrote: The Spurs have no chance, the Thunder will beat them in the second round. Without Manu the Spurs bench won't keep up.

Also, it may be true that the Thunder will beat the Spurs in round 2, however, the Spurs bench is one of the most productive in the league with people like George Hill and Gary Neal providing a lot of depth. There is also Matt Bonner, who is the best 3 point shooter in the league by percentage, although his defense is nothing to brag about.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-19 15:51:24

At 4/19/11 03:43 PM, tyler2513 wrote: New Orleans appears to be doing pretty good against LA. Hopefully they last or at least give them quite a scare otherwise there'll be alot of complaints about an LA-Boston finals series reappearing.

Boston has looked like trash since the loss of Kendrick Perkins...I doubt Boston makes it past ECF, and I do not see them beating either Chicago or Miami in a seven game series.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-19 15:57:14

At 4/19/11 03:51 PM, Bolo wrote: Boston has looked like trash since the loss of Kendrick Perkins...I doubt Boston makes it past ECF, and I do not see them beating either Chicago or Miami in a seven game series.

*Since being the first team in the league to clinch playoff berth.

We were owning for like 6 games in a row after the trade. Then we clinched and games didn't really matter any more.

I really don't understand why anyone would think the Perkins trade really mattered that much to the team. They were sad to lose him because he was a hard worker and whatnot, but we didn't need him, couldn't pay him, and he got a great deal out of it without hurting the team whatsoever (remember, he didn't really play this season and we looked utterly dominant during most of that stretch). I think they're over it, though. And I think it's good that the starters don't have the excuse of "our starting five has never lost in the playoffs" anymore. Because that just sets you up to lose if you don't have your starting five (aka: what happened Game 7 last year).

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-25 04:47:25

So now that the Celtics have swept the Knicks, the only other team that can be swept is Denver. If anyone was looking for the meaning of irony, I'd say both teams that 'Melo played for in 2011 getting swept in the first round of the playoffs would be a definition of that.

Of course, if Denver shows a bit of fight and actually won a game, that would also be good, but I'm not holding my breath.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-25 12:18:21

Coop: you're looking at it wrong. The teams that Kendrick Perkins played for were the only ones to sweep the first round. : b

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-25 16:34:31

Celtics are really getting on my fucking nerves now.

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-26 01:20:14

Pretty sad about the way the Spurs have been playing. It feels like the end of an era.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-26 05:18:58

At 4/25/11 12:18 PM, Evark wrote: Coop: you're looking at it wrong. The teams that Kendrick Perkins played for were the only ones to sweep the first round. : b

Well, we were both fucking wrong :P

Nugs stave off elimination, at least getting rid of the first round goose-egg. I'm not saying they can do a Chicago Blackhawks in going 3-0 down, to come back and win 4-3, but we've yet to fire properly this playoffs and if we do, perhaps we can make something special happen.

TL;DR - we're done in 5

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-26 11:08:34

At 4/26/11 01:20 AM, Bolo wrote: Pretty sad about the way the Spurs have been playing. It feels like the end of an era.

Pretty much though i wouldn't kill the Spurs off completely just yet cause it's too good of a franchise and other pieces will fit where those that will leave here soon such as Duncan,Parker,Ginobli,it is sad seeing them on their last legs especially Tim Duncan considering i grew up watching these guys be great and though they were never the fan favorites for their "boring" style of play it's always good to see greatness no matter how it's achieved.

These playoffs honestly have been pretty predictable seeing the Bulls & Heat having to go to 5 games to close out their teams (Celtics get a pass for bashing an already injured Knicks team that had no depth to begin with) and also the other series that could end up going 7 in the Dallas/Portland and even the Lakers/Hornets series which shouldn't shock nobody cause the Lakers have been playing lower to their competition for years but getting your bigs beat up by their guards on the boards is still inexcusable and embaressing but more than likely they'll get whatever fixed and take out New Orleans in 7.

These playoffs have been pretty entertaining so far i especially been loving to watch those scrappy Memphis Grizzlies and it will make for an even more exciting 2nd round when they go up against (more than likely) Oklahoma City Thunder,just knowing that either one of those teams will be going to the Western Conference Finals is pretty cool and a note of changing of the guards in elite teams but the one place i feel really bad for is Seattle cause really this amazing Thunder team is really Seattle's and i always loved the Sonics as a West Coast team when i was little in the old days of Shawn Kemp & Gary Payton.

Last thing,D-Rose is going to go off i just have a feeling....

BBS Signature

Response to Official Nba Playoffs 2010-2011 2011-04-28 15:28:05

The Celtics are going to make The Heat look like the jokes they truly are when The Celtics sweep the pathetic Heat and make it look mad easy.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.