00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Morthagg makes things.

82,179 Views | 534 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-17 03:29:50

At 1/17/12 03:19 AM, Aigis wrote:
It's always good to build up a buffer of a certain number of comics, so any week you can't make a comic you've still got one to put up.

Yup, I have 4 finished ones at the moment (6 if I count some older ones, 20 if we count the sketches, cough) that are relatively timeless and I could use if I'm stuck or don't have the time. So in theory I guess I'm good, but if I make a weekly schedule I should just stick to it and not go on a UPLOAD ALL THE THINGS streak.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-17 05:11:22

love the two comics so far... they are funny because they are true...

not only that you manage to get the facial expressions spot on!... love them! showed my friends yesterday the blue crap one... they thought it was great!

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-17 05:25:12

At 1/17/12 04:18 AM, Larkatosa wrote:
I must say I adore the hairy armpits and legs. You hear that media!? She has hair and she is still a woman!
I like it when people don't draw people hairless like the day they were born.

Great work Mort, keep at it!

Hahaha, thanks! And I agree. Drawing my fluffs there wasn't really a statement though, that's just what I look like.

At 1/17/12 05:11 AM, LegolaSS wrote: love the two comics so far... they are funny because they are true...

not only that you manage to get the facial expressions spot on!... love them! showed my friends yesterday the blue crap one... they thought it was great!

You have no idea how much fun that is to hear. Also thanks for showing your friends, of course!

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-17 05:42:41

At 1/17/12 04:18 AM, Larkatosa wrote: I like it when people don't draw people hairless like the day they were born.

I was born bearded thankyouverymuch

anyways mortimer, I like your comics, but I think you could probably shorten them a bit to have more focus on the quirkiness also, maybe experiment with different panel sizes.... dunno.
I'm really not that into the whole comic thing, and haven't really read any comics except for the suske & wiske and Asterix & Obelix I used to read as a kid. Regardless of the overwhelming evidence as to my inability to give solid advice in this matter, I still dicked around a bit to try to illustrate my point.

Morthagg makes things.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-17 06:09:38

At 1/17/12 05:42 AM, J-qb wrote: I was born bearded thankyouverymuch

anyways mortimer, I like your comics, but I think you could probably shorten them a bit to have more focus on the quirkiness also, maybe experiment with different panel sizes.... dunno.
I'm really not that into the whole comic thing, and haven't really read any comics except for the suske & wiske and Asterix & Obelix I used to read as a kid. Regardless of the overwhelming evidence as to my inability to give solid advice in this matter, I still dicked around a bit to try to illustrate my point.

I see what you mean but.. Okay, I don't want to sound rude, but I'm getting the heebie jeebies from how you formed that comic :' )
This comic is a 3-part, 3 parts of 4 panels, made so like they could maybe be uploaded apart from each other and still have a 'humour-moment' in all 3 of them. The previous comic was a full page and meant to be read in one take, like a full page. These are more 3 shorts, about the same subject.
.. Does that sound sensible?
Maybe I should have let more space inbetween them to make that clear.

But yeah, in general I really should experiment more with panel sizes and such since that's my weak point, but that wasn't what I was going for in these ones.
A little sad that that apparently wasn't clear though..

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-17 06:23:14

At 1/17/12 06:09 AM, Morthagg wrote: This comic is a 3-part, 3 parts of 4 panels
.. Does that sound sensible?
Maybe I should have let more space inbetween them to make that clear.

Yeah kay, that might have come across better if you had just uploaded them separately; rite now it reads to me as one big strip building up the punchline being you showing off your bruises, which is then stretched a bit long itself. They do actually work better as three separate strips so you got that right, just didn't read them that way.

But yeah, in general I really should experiment more with panel sizes and such since that's my weak point, but that wasn't what I was going for in these ones.

fair nuff, the same thing goes more or less for the blue stuff one too though, it seems a bit stretched. As I said I don't really have a lot of know-how in this department, but I'd say in these comic strips where you're not really looking for story building or character development you'd want to use just as many panels as you really need... dunno.
Regardless, I really like em.

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-17 06:38:36

At 1/17/12 06:23 AM, J-qb wrote: Yeah kay, that might have come across better if you had just uploaded them separately; rite now it reads to me as one big strip building up the punchline being you showing off your bruises, which is then stretched a bit long itself. They do actually work better as three separate strips so you got that right, just didn't read them that way.

It would take me almost a month then to upload those three tiny things. I considered it, but to me it would kind of look like a rip-off (I already got the comment one comic a week was SOOOO SLOOOWWW) I was hoping it got across by just leaving a little more space between them than I normally would. Maybe I'll update the post with more blank space added.

At 1/17/12 06:23 AM, J-qb wrote: fair nuff, the same thing goes more or less for the blue stuff one too though, it seems a bit stretched. As I said I don't really have a lot of know-how in this department, but I'd say in these comic strips where you're not really looking for story building or character development you'd want to use just as many panels as you really need... dunno.
Regardless, I really like em.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to tell me what you think, though. I didn't really have the feeling the blue-crap-one was stretched, but you could get the message across with fewer panels, yes. But there are a few moments I wanted in there timing-wise, that needed more panels. But I guess I'll learn as I go along.
Also thanks.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-17 07:31:13

I like them as they are to be honest, i dont want to see these shortened and i love the amount of pictures and story behind them... making them shorter just makes it less awesome, I would rather read the book then read a "in a nutshell" page... i dont know that much about comics to be fair either... but this is just my personal view on the topic... cant wait to see what the next one is going to be like :D

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-17 10:46:49

I'm not the only one who thinks she looks a bit like a reptile-person in the second panel, right?

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-20 08:48:02

Boredom sketch.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-20 12:32:17

At 1/20/12 08:48 AM, Morthagg wrote: Boredom sketch.

They mostly come at night.... mostly.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-24 04:19:56

So.. New Comic.
I actually liked this one better when it was still a sketch. Oh well.
The next one is going to be a little more interesting layout-wise, and, fortunately for you guys, won't feature any legs of mine.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-24 12:05:02

At 1/24/12 04:19 AM, Morthagg wrote: So.. New Comic.
I actually liked this one better when it was still a sketch. Oh well.

I like how it basically carried on from the last comic.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-24 13:22:56

At 1/24/12 12:05 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
I like how it basically carried on from the last comic.

Yep! I thought about posting it earlier, because of that fact, but decided to stick to the schedule I gave myself.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-31 08:03:37

Tuesday, Comic-day again. Something a little different. This one's also in the art portal.
I'm sorry it's been all comics and not much else, but it's starting to get a little busy with school and other stuff.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-31 12:23:48

At 1/31/12 08:03 AM, Morthagg wrote: I'm sorry it's been all comics and not much else, but it's starting to get a little busy with school and other stuff.

It's alright, your posts always manage to get me happy!
And I love the comics very, very, very much. They are really good. Not only the drawings are pretty, the narrative is very smooth. And your stories are very interesting!

On a side note, yesterday I went to a voyage to the bottom of the bed for the first time in... decades.

Just keep on making that great work!

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-31 12:47:47

At 1/31/12 12:23 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: It's alright, your posts always manage to get me happy!
And I love the comics very, very, very much. They are really good. Not only the drawings are pretty, the narrative is very smooth. And your stories are very interesting!

Aw, yay! But uh..

At 1/31/12 12:23 PM, BizarroJoe wrote:
On a side note, yesterday I went to a voyage to the bottom of the bed for the first time in... decades.

I don't want to sound stupid, but I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that :D

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-01-31 12:48:16

At 1/31/12 08:03 AM, Morthagg wrote: This comic is inspired by the song "Day Is Done", by Nick Drake

aww hey, I always loved this version of that, never knew the original

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-02-02 18:30:41

Okay, so I had a weird internet conversation with someone about altruism, and it somehow turned into me drawing this thing for him.
So.. Hurray I guess? No idea what the thing is, it kind of just formed itself, although it was fun to draw an animal's anatomical structure again.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-02-03 04:35:47

At 2/2/12 06:30 PM, Morthagg wrote: So.. Hurray I guess? No idea what the thing is

Its an awe-inspiring handsome cat, most phenomenal mmm yes.
With a spectacular display of drawings artistry!

Meow <3

Meow <3

BBS Signature

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-02-04 06:59:59

Yay people faces in coloured pencil.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-02-05 03:17:57

New Comiiiiiic
This one's a pretty long one, and for a reason. I even put a little colour in!
Anyway, off to do the last bits of my packing. whee

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-02-05 13:29:52

Have fun on your trip.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-02-14 04:48:04

'Nother comic-update. And since I can't seem to put a link in for whatever reason: http://dorktoescomic.com/?p=152
Comic about my trip will be for next week. Later this week I'll probably upload some sketches, but at the moment I've got the flue and no scanner, so this'll have to do.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-02-15 13:24:15

Sketchbook-time!

Just some people-sketches from the airport.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-02-15 13:30:32

Ye boring handstudy.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-02-15 13:37:04

Sketch that would've looked a better without the shading.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-02-15 13:46:33

Little figures of I-don't-know, with a lot of my writing that seems to shine through the page.

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-02-15 14:01:38

So.. Animal things?

Morthagg makes things.

Response to Morthagg makes things. 2012-02-15 14:08:26

And this one. Nonchalant I-am-muscular stance! aw yea

I guess that concludes my little sketch-dump for now, though I have more but I don't feel like uploading them at the moment.

Morthagg makes things.