00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Donations : Why donate?

3,000 Views | 54 Replies

Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 06:47:16

I just had to say it.

When people donate money, do they get anything out of it?? I'm afraid not, anybody tell me more about these things?!?

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 06:51:27

They get to think that they're good people for once.

They aren't.

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 07:06:14

At 3/21/11 07:01 AM, LoliTastic wrote: They're helping someone who needs it

DOn't be such an ass

I'm not. I'm just saying...

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 07:07:11

I wish i could get donations :P

But yes, helping others is always good ^_^

[MADAM•ADAM]

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 07:08:07

They get to claim it on their taxes to get some of it back.

Also, people only do things because they get some sort of satisfaction out of it. You really can't think of anything that you do in life that doesn't come back to help you in some sort of fashion.

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 07:08:39

they hope that if they donate, the other people will donate as well when something happens.
It is a sort of gamble-insurance if you want.

a day without blood is like a day without sunshine!

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 08:40:28

let me tell you this what if america suffered a tragedy then our neighboring countrys/allies will help us then you'll like donation that will help us.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 08:42:15

Are you one of those "Charity starts at home" kind of people?

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 08:42:15

Materialism is a disease, my capitalist friend.

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 08:46:49

Because if they don't donate they are afraid their country might lose the place they are donating too as an ally presumably.
That is just a guess...

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 08:47:21

I think he's trying to say that when you donate money, the company running the charity keeps most of the money to pay for their advertising, cost of hiring people, etc. and the people that the charity is for hardly get anything. He's not saying that charity is bad.

Sig by me. Suck it bitches.

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 10:59:33

I don't mind donating money if someone offer a good product or support for free. However I won't give money to an organization that is suppose to find a cure and haven't found one after receiving millions in donations for years.

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 11:15:58

Sometimes I have some change in my pocket that I don't want so I give it to someone who wants it.

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 11:20:44

Because I'm selfish.

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 11:30:08

At 3/21/11 07:08 AM, Corky wrote: They get to claim it on their taxes to get some of it back.

Also, people only do things because they get some sort of satisfaction out of it. You really can't think of anything that you do in life that doesn't come back to help you in some sort of fashion.

I bought a silver Gamecube in February. No reason whatsoever. I didn't even really want it. I just bought it. Just because I could.

In what way will it help me?

"Motherfucker, I saw you pussy footing; I kick a bitch in the cunt till it makes her queef and sounds like a fucking whoopie cushion" ~ Eminem, Cold Wind Blows

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 11:36:49

I bought 13 super megaphones in the MapleStory cash shop last week. Nexon donated 100% of cash shop proceeds to charity when I bought them. It costs absolutely nothing to make super megaphones as they are simply a line of code in a game, so I donated $17.40 while getting something out of it.

ROCK GOD HISAO - [Part 1] [Part 2] [Part 3] [Part 4]

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 11:49:48

cop

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 11:55:34

To help potential friends. Who knows. They might pay us back some day.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 11:58:52

Because it gives tax cuts to the rich.
They do anything to save a buck.

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 12:03:39

At 3/21/11 06:47 AM, Overlord-Doomsday wrote: When people donate money, do they get anything out of it??

If they did, wouldn't that destroy the whole definition of "donation"?

Donation \Do*na"tion\, n. [L. donatio; cf. F. donation.]

1. The act of giving or bestowing; a grant. [1913 Webster]

2. That which is given as a present; that which is transferred to another gratuitously; a gift. [1913 Webster]

Now, why people donate is simply to feel like they helped others, pity or the like. I suppose that feeling COULD be what they're getting in return.

However, the rich donate for tax-write offs.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 12:05:21

they donate because it makes them feel fuzzy inside

Sup?

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 12:15:05

Its like giving blood, for helping others who are less fortunate than you.

Seriously its not manditorty and people do it out of good will, not becouse they want anything in return.

Some signature thingy here!

Sig by Cagedsilhouette :3

Join me in the feilds of justice.

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 12:24:07

Becuase some people are decent human beings and like to help other people.

Donantions can also be used to cut taxes.

Putting back fun in funeral.

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 12:25:12

They donate because they are compassionate people. If you want to think of a less noble reason, it may be because they do not want certain things and they want to give them away and it would be a waste to throw them away. If you do not want to donate anything to anybody, then that is your choice. Are you by chance asking this because of the Domo-Kun game where you can donate to the victims of the Japanese tsunami?

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 13:09:23

Trollololololol?

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 13:13:07

My beef with donating to large charities is that most of your money is actually going towards 'administrative tasks' ... and managing the money they get. So unless youre like donating large chunks of money, the cause youre actually aiming to help never really sees it.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 13:15:18

You know of that Walton Simons? He was the one that gave UNATCO all the money, if it wasn't for him we would all be going around with the old white helmets. Some people are just good like that. Good to the bone.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 13:17:42

At 3/21/11 01:13 PM, Luis wrote: My beef with donating to large charities is that most of your money is actually going towards 'administrative tasks' ... and managing the money they get. So unless youre like donating large chunks of money, the cause youre actually aiming to help never really sees it.

Speaking of that, aren't you supposed to wrestle right now to get money to keep up an orphanage?

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 15:01:08

At 3/21/11 10:59 AM, Carillpla wrote: However I won't give money to an organization that is suppose to find a cure and haven't found one after receiving millions in donations for years.

I'm sure those 'doctors' at cancer research are just sitting on the cure to cash in on funding. Finding a cure for life threatening diseases is really just a walk in the park.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature

Response to Donations : Why donate? 2011-03-21 15:03:34

Good karma.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature