00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crakie20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Shoegaze & Dream Pop club

30,807 Views | 110 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2012-08-01 21:14:41

At 8/1/12 08:04 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Can the albums Attention Please and New Album, both by the band Boris be considered to be, at least in part, Dream pop albums ?

Haven't heard either of them, but I'm sure you could consider them that.

So I was in Barns and Noble today and found My Bloody Valentine's Loveless in the bargain bin. I realized I didn't own a physical copy anymore so I picked that up for only $6.First time I've ever found anything decent in those bins,

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2012-08-14 21:36:30

At 8/1/12 09:14 PM, SineRider wrote: Haven't heard either of them, but I'm sure you could consider them that.

What makes you think they are then ? >:(

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2012-08-14 23:44:38

At 8/14/12 09:36 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 8/1/12 09:14 PM, SineRider wrote: Haven't heard either of them, but I'm sure you could consider them that.
What makes you think they are then ? >:(

Sorry I misworded that. I meant to say I've heard Boris before and could definitely hear influence from many different genres. Either way, I want this club to be able to discuss music of really any genre as long as it has dreampop or shoegaze influence ;)

I will check out those releases now though. I really enjoy Feedbacker but have';t branched out at all.

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2012-08-21 05:50:03

At 8/19/12 03:44 AM, Canas wrote: Not dead yet

Here's some gems

The Antlers - Drift Dive
Taken By Trees - Dreams

And now for something louder

Tame Impala - Elephant

ENjOY

Oh man, I'm really loving the new Antlers EP

also also eight and a half - go ego
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWnq8op-IN8

BBS Signature

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2012-08-21 17:04:11

Also the xx's new album (coexist) has just leaked, it's pretty sex. I saw them back in may for one of their first ever shows of this album, it was amazing. The album is beautiful.

Go listen fellaz

BBS Signature

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2012-08-21 20:53:52

I think I posted this in the Last.fm thread, but here is some lovely new album by Sore Eyelids. I highly recommend it!

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2013-01-25 22:47:56

Bumping this thread for this awesome album I just found last night.

Glifted

It's the guitarist from the band Hum along with a dude from Lovecup. Check out the tune Last in Line

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2013-02-10 00:01:00

Could we call Mogwai shoegaze?

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2013-02-12 10:11:32

At 2/10/13 12:01 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Could we call Mogwai shoegaze?

Personally, I wouldn't... but I still love them to death

@canas, gunna go through that list soon

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2013-02-13 04:03:07

So yeah since we're not all dead, what do people make of the new My Bloody Valentine?

BBS Signature

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2013-02-13 23:55:25

Have any of you heard of Claire Voyant? I heard a song by them yesterday and it sounded good.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2013-02-14 00:48:56

At 2/13/13 04:03 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: So yeah since we're not all dead, what do people make of the new My Bloody Valentine?

It's great. I'm really glad this album didn't disappoint after such a long wait and so much hype built up.

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2013-04-20 15:18:48

oh hey there canas

not really listened to much dream pop or anything (or much new at all) lately, but will have to flick through yo blog when I get the chance

BBS Signature

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2013-04-21 04:48:51

At 4/21/13 12:09 AM, Canas wrote:
At 4/20/13 03:18 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: oh hey there canas

not really listened to much dream pop or anything (or much new at all) lately, but will have to flick through yo blog when I get the chance
ohhaibbm

Word, it's been a good year for music so far. Looking forward to going to Sasquatch this May too

wow, that lineup looks pretty killer (except baauer, lmao). I got tics to glastonbury this year so I'm pretty pumped for that, still gotta work out how i'm actually getting there though, it's in the arse end of nowhere and i don't drive.

BBS Signature

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2013-04-22 18:12:52

Are Silversun Pickups considered shoegaze?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2013-04-22 19:04:30

At 4/22/13 06:12 PM, J-Rex wrote: Are Silversun Pickups considered shoegaze?

I think they are Indie Rock/Shoegaze. That's a yes, imo.

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2013-04-22 19:18:24

At 4/22/13 07:04 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:

Sweet. I'd like to listen to some more shoegaze before joining though.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2013-04-22 20:13:27

At 4/22/13 07:18 PM, J-Rex wrote:
At 4/22/13 07:04 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Sweet. I'd like to listen to some more shoegaze before joining though.

I recommand Alcest - Souvenirs d'un autre monde
Original an atmospheric black metal band, Alcest is now more of a blackgaze, depressive rock, atmospheric post-metal project.

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
This album is somewhere between Dreampop and Shoegaze
Maybe you'll like it.

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2023-06-29 15:03:12

I love Pale Saints, Lush, and Cocteau Twins...

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2023-07-06 14:10:32

hii guyss!! so not long ago i heard this ethereal , dream poppy song by twinkle park called More Rain. (https://youtu.be/kvzxEyiF090 it's the first song). i ve become really obsessed with it. i really like it. but it s a very short song and i want to find more that sound similar to it. only song that i can think of (that is also my fave) is LOONATIC by LOONA/ODD EYE CIRCLE. I'm not sure how to describe what i find different in them from other dream pop but "classic" dream pop from 90s 80s has more like "sad" , "quite" sound ; while this is more "modern" and kind of energetic??( well ig loonatic especially. it has more of edm/electro pop influence bcuz OEC are electro pop girlies haha).

so yea if u have recommendations, if any song/album/artist clicked and u think even a bit fit into my blather description pls tell me!!

BBS Signature

Response to Shoegaze & Dream Pop club 2023-07-07 08:08:28

At 7/6/23 02:10 PM, melborpa wrote: hii guyss!! so not long ago i heard this ethereal , dream poppy song by twinkle park called More Rain. (https://youtu.be/kvzxEyiF090 it's the first song). i ve become really obsessed with it. i really like it. but it s a very short song and i want to find more that sound similar to it. only song that i can think of (that is also my fave) is LOONATIC by LOONA/ODD EYE CIRCLE. I'm not sure how to describe what i find different in them from other dream pop but "classic" dream pop from 90s 80s has more like "sad" , "quite" sound ; while this is more "modern" and kind of energetic??( well ig loonatic especially. it has more of edm/electro pop influence bcuz OEC are electro pop girlies haha).
so yea if u have recommendations, if any song/album/artist clicked and u think even a bit fit into my blather description pls tell me!!

.... Definitely in the vein, but yeah, shoegaze can be a downer. Although they can rock too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uU5DU7P83E&list=RDEMcnHbNRJafprrNVt_gn-fkw&index=4

....Have you heard Tricot? Might be something you'd enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJTcuhjTuu8