00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Music being stolen

42,118 Views | 369 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 10:12:40

sorohanro brought this up before, but i didn't use it at the time:

myows is a free online proof for copyright, it comes with legal templates for cases aswell. I guess i'll be using this now, and I'd recommend it to anyone else.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 10:28:34

Another, someone pointed it out in the comments.

http://soundcloud.com/cetacea/always-gon e

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 10:42:41

So I was wrong, she does have a FB profile, but they JUST joined FB recently, and goes by the name "Laurin Cetacea". A bit lame to have both your 'Real" name and your DJ name as your Profile name on FB.

Tells me nobody knows her. She only has 5 friends added. So I went on to reporting her profile as "Impersonating someone who isn't real". First time I've done that...ever. o_o

Audio-Technica ATH-700Pro Mk2 Headphones User

If you love trance: Kazmo's Beats!

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 10:46:53

At 3/6/11 10:28 AM, djInTheDark wrote: Another, someone pointed it out in the comments.

http://soundcloud.com/cetacea/always-gon e
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 84083

She stole my remix >:(
Ok. Now things get serious!

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 10:59:40

Has anyone heard back from soundcloud about having the stolen tracks removed from their website?

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 11:02:28

At 3/6/11 10:59 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Has anyone heard back from soundcloud about having the stolen tracks removed from their website?

I've reported almost all of her songs. Still nothing back.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 11:05:31

At 3/6/11 10:59 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Has anyone heard back from soundcloud about having the stolen tracks removed from their website?

I have spammed every submittion of her and replied to a lot of Soundcloud-users that she didn't make it.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 11:08:03

This entire thread took me by surprise. Events are new and unfolding :/

quarl BandCamp

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 11:08:10

Do they have a mailing address? If so, the artists may want to try sending letters to them with signature confirmation that they received them. I wonder if there are any NG fans that are lawyers that would be willing to represent you guys for free and send in a cease and desist letter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cease_and_d esist

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 11:20:08

At 3/6/11 11:15 AM, B0UNC3 wrote: I feel your pain...But i'd do her :O

I would look out B0UNC3, since your also quite popular.... My track got stolen too..

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 11:23:29

At 3/6/11 11:08 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Do they have a mailing address?

On her Don't Stay In profile, her user image has some fort of Hotmail email address at the bottom, but I can't make out the rest.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 11:24:33

I find it really funny how different "her" music is from track to track in terms of mixing.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 11:29:00

Damn it, I forgot to look at the rest of the images first. One was big enough to read easily, lol. It had a www. at the beginning.

freezingvenom@hotmail.com

Something is very fishy about that email though, like how it doesn't come up with anything helpful on Google.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 11:29:47

At 3/6/11 11:24 AM, SineRider wrote: I find it really funny how different "her" music is from track to track in terms of mixing.

That's what I said! She mainly has a lot of xKore stuff, so I think he should be looking forward to some record labels knocking on his door after this fiasco, seeing as she got on one for his work.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 12:00:29

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 12:02:51

*sign* if only the resolve to this issue was *this* easy...or is it???

But for now it looks like this is the reality.

:if this post makes no sense, please ignore.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 12:40:41

But Matt, what if she just goes to a Record Company with YOUR tracks?!
How would we solve that problem?

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 12:50:44

At 3/6/11 12:44 PM, Bjra wrote: she has nice lips.

Just wish she had stolen more of my tracks and less of xkores tracks.

That makes me feel like xkore is better than me

He isn't, you're both great artists ;]

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 12:55:30

The audio portal is the main thing I use these days, I don't watch much flash anymore, and to see some asshole grub off of your guys's hard work pisses me off to no end. Especially once I visited cymbal in nyc and he introduced me to alot of xkore's a qarl's music. Sweet justice for you guys. Brewskis on me for coming together and working as a team.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 12:57:03

At 3/6/11 12:50 PM, pokerockmario wrote:
At 3/6/11 12:44 PM, Bjra wrote: she has nice lips.

Just wish she had stolen more of my tracks and less of xkores tracks.

That makes me feel like xkore is better than me
He isn't, you're both great artists ;]

Yeah you guys are the sexiest audiogrounders (musically speaking)

Of course

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 13:00:58

I'm pretty sure she isn't the only one who steals music.. There are MANY theifs on the internet, who just want fame, so they go around stealing other people's stuff.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 13:07:12

At 3/6/11 12:40 PM, pokerockmario wrote: But Matt, what if she just goes to a Record Company with YOUR tracks?!
How would we solve that problem?

If that was the case the only appropriate course of action would be to consult a lawyer and figure out a way of suing her. But as far as I can see, thankfully, that's not quite the case here, yet.

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 13:13:25

Just posting to say I've done some reporting on various sites she's part of, no emails sent though (from me).

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 13:18:51

She's an idiot. She have stolen another song by you, Matt.
"Her" song "Dreaming" is "xKore - Syntax". I've found this info while taking a look in her
profile...
I'll make an animation about it (I will try) and a site to report her.

I'm offline now. Chat with others that hate Cetacea Here! Leave me a comment in my profile if you want to chat with me!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 13:26:19

At 3/6/11 01:18 PM, Hex-a-is-gone wrote: She's an idiot. She have stolen another song by you, Matt.
"Her" song "Dreaming" is "xKore - Syntax". I've found this info while taking a look in her
profile...
I'll make an animation about it (I will try) and a site to report her.

"Animation"?

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 13:36:53

At 3/6/11 12:55 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: The audio portal is the main thing I use these days, I don't watch much flash anymore, and to see some asshole grub off of your guys's hard work pisses me off to no end. Especially once I visited cymbal in nyc and he introduced me to alot of xkore's a qarl's music. Sweet justice for you guys. Brewskis on me for coming together and working as a team.

hahahah great! xkore already knows how amazing i think he is but now quarl is gonna think i sweat him.

i doooooo :3 i wanna have your babies quarl. they would have great hair just like you

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 13:50:15

Here's how to fight back via soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/help/legal

The best audio picks ever via facebook with all the in-depth talk stuff you always wanted.

BBS Signature

Always links to my most recent track :D

BBS Signature

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 16:18:32

Posting this again so people can see it and act upon it as necessary, if not done so already.
Hopefully GruntWorthy label will post here again with updates on Cetacea being sacked.

At 3/5/11 09:42 PM, GruntWorthy wrote: Dear NewGrounds Members,
First off let say NO TRACKS WILL BE RELEASED FROM CETACEA UNTILL THIS MATTER HAS BEEN FULLY RESOLVED!

GRUNTWORTHY DOES NOT SUPPORT ARTISTS WHO STEAL WORKS FROM OTHER ARTISTS!

At this point, what we need from the NewGrounds members that feel their works have stolen, is to send us a list of the tracks you believe are stolen. Please include details of when the tracks were created, legal names of the producer(s) who created them, the methods used to make the tracks (ablton, logic, korg electribe, etc) and if possible screenshot of the project.

Please include your contact information (email, phone number etc).

Send the completed lists to label (at) GruntWorthy (dot) com

WE ARE TAKING THIS VERY SERIOUSLY!!
We would also ask you not post about this on any public GruntWorthy profiles as we are investigating ALL of these claims.
Thank you,
GruntWorthy

Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-06 16:31:52

At 3/6/11 04:26 PM, 2dpolygon wrote: Might be a dumb question, but who's Gruntworthy and what does he have to do with this?

Read through the entire thread before posting.

One of the most basic rules on every forum.

And FYI, Gruntworthy is the label that signed Cetacea.

lel

BBS Signature