00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game Jam Entries, Weekly Wrap

11,641 Views | 40 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Game Jam Entries, Weekly Wrap 2011-02-21 18:37:48

so yeah, not that I think this is the area to discuss this but since that is already happening:
A lot of reviews are totally worthless; so what? Now you know they are worthless, just ignore them. Look at the decent reviews (thats not the positive ones, its those that actually point out what is good/bad about the flash).
I find it funny how you (manly-chicken) complain about useless reviews but make an example out of someone who is actually (crudely) offering something you can improve on. To me reviews like this

"God damn"
"This game is fucking awesome." - 10

are the worthless ones; sure its nice to know that poeple liked your work, but it doesnt really help you.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Game Jam Entries, Weekly Wrap 2011-02-21 18:45:43

At 2/21/11 05:07 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/21/11 04:46 PM, FuNaNdMoRe wrote: I'm also looking forward to the broadcast this Friday, if there'll be one.
Actually we'll be at the NYC Meetup this Friday so if we do a broadcast it might be Thursday again.

Well, that's fine, too. I'm looking forward to seeing it on Thursday, then.

Response to Game Jam Entries, Weekly Wrap 2011-02-21 20:46:19

People don't seem to like Team Dildo's game Demon Runner as much as I'd hoped but that's okay. We did kinda cop out with the theme. Extremely so.

I had fun making it, and I'm proud of the parts that I did, so all in all it was a success. For me, anyway.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Jam Entries, Weekly Wrap 2011-02-22 01:37:02

At 2/21/11 05:10 PM, Luis wrote: Also Team hipster was too hip to finish. That and my flash crashed yesterday and i was too mad and annoyed to finish and find sound effects and all that. I take full blame :)

I fucking love that image macro.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Game Jam Entries, Weekly Wrap 2011-02-22 14:28:49

Thanks for the heads up Tom.

I checked out the current top 3 game jam entries. Personally I liked Butcherbugs most, although it wasn't quite what I expected when I saw their theme. Looks like it's quite far ahead of Meaty Boner by now, so I guess it's gonna win.

Good luck to all the participants.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Game Jam Entries, Weekly Wrap 2011-02-22 15:08:57

The score gap from 2nd to 3rd is only a little bit big! :P

Response to Game Jam Entries, Weekly Wrap 2011-02-23 03:33:00

True , meaty boner's an awesome game :D!! ROCK ON...

Response to Game Jam Entries, Weekly Wrap 2011-02-23 07:11:46

My money is on Butcherbugs to be honest. Meaty Boner may be a very well done and polished game and all, but it didn't feel innovative enough.

Response to Game Jam Entries, Weekly Wrap 2011-02-23 08:20:57

Come on tom, are this reviews serius?

"Ummm... just a quick question. How do you make the game not suck?" from KoalaCaptain
"u might need an extra than 10,000 hours. i see where this is coming from. . .but it was. . . terrible. i totally hit that house! 1" razgreez

how this people can keep reviewing?! its annoying

Response to Game Jam Entries, Weekly Wrap 2011-02-23 11:15:39

Tom got my groups game in...I know its late but all the members in my group dropped out one by one. Leaving me to do everything *chuck norries slam*. It sucks because the programmer was using as3 and I only know 2.0. Which meant I had to program from the start...on day 3...on my own *cry*, which is why it came out late.

hope its still classed as a game jam game

Response to Game Jam Entries, Weekly Wrap 2011-03-07 13:34:00

Meaty Boner was cool!