00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread

8,851 Views | 151 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-18 23:29:12

Nah, I can tell if a game is good from watching gameplay.

Eh, whatever I don't really care. The last I'm gonna say is, as a game in general Duke Nukem Forever is pretty good. But as a Duke Nukem game it's sub par.But there is no need to take my word for it. Because an opinion is an opinion, if you played the game then you probably formed an opinion of it. So good for you. If not then at least rent it and see for yourself how good it is, don't just watch a review, say fuck it, and then quote reviews about why it sucks. It's not worth it. So I'm gonna forget this whole thing and move on to a new game because there are too many Awesome games out there to freak out over just one.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-19 11:16:10

To me, it's not so bad. So instead of blue/yellow/red keycards like what Doom started with and Duke Nukem 3D used, the experience is more directly linear. To me, that's not a big deal. Half Life 2 still did that and it was a great game.

This game is getting way too much hate considering it was on the verge of never even happening multiple times. As a Duke Nukem game, yes, it's a different experience when compared to previous games. That's normal. If it was made to be exactly like Duke Nukem 3D, people still would have complained that they were recycling aspects and not making it anything new. Instead, they went for a different approach, and are still getting whines about it. Bottom line, people were expecting Duke Nukem Forever to be perfect, and that's just not possible. Instead, appreciate it for what it is, a Duke Nukem game killed the 12-year rut and gave us a reliable shooter with plenty of great action moments, gameplay, and plenty of chuckle humor, even if it's not the "perfect" game so many people were expecting. Truthfully, I'm pretty satisfied with it, and I'm happy to see Duke back in action and kicking ass.

The way some people reviewed this game makes me believe they should stop playing video games altogether. The spoiled brat pessimism gets annoying.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature