Tournament of Flash Artists 2011 2011-02-10 22:46:35
Greetings to one and all, flash animators from NewGrounds and elsewhere.
I bring to you the largest Flash Tournament, now being held on NewGrounds! We will soon decide who the greatest flash artist is for the year 2011.
Sponsored by Adobe® and NewGrounds®
I would like to thank Tom Fulp for accepting, sponsoring, integrating, and donating to the competition this year. It will be truly epic.
- The Tournament, beginning on April 25th, will consist of One Open Round and Five (5) scored rounds.
- The top 32 average NewGrounds scores submitted by the deadline will be randomly arranged in the tournament brackets.
- The brackets can be viewed on the front page of the TOFA website.
- The highest score of each subsequent bracket pairing will move on to the next round.
- The winner of the Final Round will be declared "The Champion of Flash Artists" and recieve the majority of the prize.
- The runner-up will be awarded a smaller prize.
- As donations will be accepted throughout the contest, the total prize will not be announced until near the end of the tournament.
- As a TOFA tradition, the Champion must render a flash-drawn image of themselves interacting with Earth before a prize can be awarded. This is used to chronicle the winners of previous TOFAs on the website.
- The Champion must also possess a PayPal account or be able to accept a check through the mail in order to claim their prize.
- The Champion of Flash Artists may not enter the tournament in the year following their victory; However they are always invited to judge for the contest the following year.
- All participants must have a registered account on NewGrounds, as this is where all Tournament activity takes place and where submissions are entered.
Each round will be judged by a panel of five judges. (Tom Fulp, Eddsworld, Salty Peach, Zeurel, & the final judge is TBA)
For each entry, each judge will score each entry in five categories, for a total of 20 points from each judge.
- Animation (4 points)
- Artwork / Style (4 points)
- Originality (4 points)
- Story / Structure (4 points)
- Entertainment (4 points)
After all four judges have judged an entry, it will totalled out of 100 possible points. Highest total point value in any given matchup will be the winner and move on to the next round.
- Donations can be made on the front page of the TOFA website, using the "donate" button, or by clicking Here.
- 100% of donations (minus paypal fees) go to the total prize pool.
- You can donate at any time during the contest, even if you are participating.
- Those who "drop out" from any round in TOFA are encouraged to donate for the spirit of the contest.
- Near the end of the contest, the exact prizes will be made clear, as donations are accepted througout the contest.
- The largest portion of the prize will be given to the Champion, while the runner-up will recieve a smaller prize.
- NewGrounds will be donating to the prize pool - This amount will be announced just as the contest begins.
- Adobe is also sponsoring the contest. Premiere CS5 and After Effects CS5 (for Windows) will be awarded.
We are now accepting donations!!
I will see you all in April, when the Open Round thread will describe deadlines, themes, and rules.