00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,052,216 Views | 77,359 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 16:34:02

At 4/17/04 04:27 PM, KharBevNor wrote: Thanks for the welcome. I'm not exactly into pop myself...(sorry, just wanted to dispel that image before it was created, if you get what I mean.) I mean, I do listen to softer stuff (Well kinda, E Nomine may be techno, but the lyrics are almost black metal, very wierd stuff), but I can't stand that manufactured crap. Bands who try and sell themselves with an image rather than decent music are generally a bad idea IMO. (Though not saying having an image is a bad idea...you just need the talent to back it up)

That's true. That's as an example, one of Deicide's problems, they try so hard to be satanic and dark dark dark death black metal that they fail at making good music. My opinion.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 16:59:27

At 4/17/04 04:15 PM, Falkowski wrote:
At 4/17/04 04:00 PM, thegreatmorph wrote:
At 4/17/04 03:53 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote: What do you think of SLIPKNOT?
i love them. I don't know why though...

I personally dislike, they only have one or at max 2 good songs in their whole collection and their acting is just stupid.
which are the songs are the ones that are the good ones in your opinion? In mine they only have one or two crap songs. And yes they do act kinda stupid.
Ive gotta agree with the great morph, I used to love slipknot, but Have gone off them a little now, though i still like them. Their music is a bit brainless, and acting is stupid I think, however though theyre not of the Same quality as bands like for instance, In Flames in my opinion, but I still enjoy listening to them on occasion.

Also, Hello Khar, bout time you joined.

i think i am like most of you with this. they were one of the first (i use this term very liberally)"metal" bands that i ever heard. i liked them at first just because they were loud, hard, and fast. this gave spawn to other bands like this such as korn, system of a down, (please forgive me for this past mistake) linkin park *hangs head in shame*, powerman 5000, and all the other bands similar to this. i had always been into classic rock, so i had heard a bunch of black sabbath (only the ozzy days of course), old metallica, iron maiden, megadeath, and all that stuff. my friend then said, hey you need to listen to this, and then proceded to play me the hallowed be thy name cover by cradle of filth. it was then that i was hooked and strove to find what the depths of true metal could show me. after hearing many things from deep within the true metal genre, i tried to go back and listen to some of my old nu-metal faves. i couldn't even get through 1 song. it was so horrible i had to stop. ocassionaly i put in system of a downs first album just because the guitar work is pretty good, but i have thrown out all my korn cd's (which were all burned by the way so i didn't waste money) and haven't listened to slipknot in probably 2 years. i stopped listening to them about the time iowa came out.
for this reason, that is why i told -headbanger- of the need to start this club. this club is not just a place where fans of metal can hang out and discuss the latest cd's but also a place where fans of nu-metal can come and learn the error of their ways and find some decent metal to play. i don't want anyone to get the impression that i hate nu-metal (even though for the most part, i do) and i will never say anything negative about you for listening to it. i just tend to consider it a stepping stone.
alright. i'll end my rant for now. i need to get back to writting a paper anyway.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 17:03:17

At 4/17/04 04:59 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote:

my friend then said, hey you need to listen to this, and then proceded to play me the hallowed be thy name cover by cradle of filth. it was then that i was hooked and strove to find what the depths of true metal could show me.

Lol, that's interesting. The Hallowed be thy Name cover was the song that first got me hooked on black metal as well (though I actually heard it before I'd heard any Maiden at all!)

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 17:31:40

Wow i didnt really get that, I just started exploring myself for heavier music, I bought a few compilation albums like Freddy vs Jason soundtrack and discovered bands from there. I really liked hardcore vocals and that naturally led me on too Melodic death metal.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 17:40:59

anybody got any of ill ninos cds,are they any good?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 17:47:07

At 4/17/04 05:31 PM, Falkowski wrote: Wow i didnt really get that, I just started exploring myself for heavier music, I bought a few compilation albums like Freddy vs Jason soundtrack and discovered bands from there. I really liked hardcore vocals and that naturally led me on too Melodic death metal.

Yeah, Melodic Death Metal is one great genre. It's insane, I can't stop listening to it, it's just great.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 17:51:47

I do, There first album is one om all-time favourite Nu-metal albums, one i still often listen to now, it is really good, good enough to make them one of my favourite bands for a long while. However their second album confession is really poor in comparison, I would reccomend their first album, Revolution, revolucion, but steer clear of Confession, it was such a dissapointment for me, I mean its poor on most comparisons, but apart from two tracks "Te amor, I hate you" and "how can I live", it is appaling the difference between the albums in quality.
Hope that helps....

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 17:55:00

thanks ill keep that in mind

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 18:01:38

Uhh... sorrya bout the poor Grammar in that last post, I am tired, typing-fast, more-excuses, etc.

I agree with you Headbanger Melodic Death Metal Is now my Favourite Genre, all its major bands are just great, and I have yet to hear a band of that genre I really dont like, and thats after many months listening to them. Im still discovering more of them, like dark tranquility recently, who i also now really like.

Which reminds me, anyone Know what their best album is in your opinion, im thinking about which one to get, thnx.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 18:02:10

Hey, marc! You seem to transform more and more into my best "music" friend. Fun Fun Fun! Just start your own band and you are there!
And I don't think SoAD is metal, to whoever that wrote that.. more nu-metal (I like some nu-metal, but very little).
And you should also check out planet x. It isn't metal, but it ROX. Its genre cannot be defined.
And thanx to whoever tipped me of arch enemy. thanx. that's a great band.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 18:04:31

At 4/17/04 06:02 PM, Sturmpanzerwagen wrote: Hey, marc! You seem to transform more and more into my best "music" friend. Fun Fun Fun! Just start your own band and you are there!

Yeah :) that's fine! I love Melodic Death Metal, it's a great genre :D

I'd start a band immediately if I could, guess as what. Yes, as a singer, I found out that I can sing pretty well. Especially deep and quite melodic and I can scream quite good :)

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 18:12:08

At 4/17/04 04:15 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote: To thegreatmorph:

The only Slipknot songs I like are "Wait and Bleed" and "Left Behind"

they are always the only ones people like. Unless they are a slipknot fan of course.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 18:26:54

At 4/17/04 06:12 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: they are always the only ones people like. Unless they are a slipknot fan of course.

I know, well, I think those two have the best quality. Wait and Bleed has the best vocals I ever heard from Slipknot.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 18:29:08

At 4/17/04 06:26 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote:
At 4/17/04 06:12 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: they are always the only ones people like. Unless they are a slipknot fan of course.
I know, well, I think those two have the best quality. Wait and Bleed has the best vocals I ever heard from Slipknot.

yeah corey does well on that one. It is a really good track of theirs i guess.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 18:34:19

At 4/17/04 06:29 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: yeah corey does well on that one. It is a really good track of theirs i guess.

In this song, he shows that he can sing. It's about the only one where you can notice his voice quality....

I just don't like stuff like Stone Sour, Slipknot, Mudvayne...

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 18:35:36

Corey is a good singer, even if he dosent show that all the time with slipknot, If you listen to some stone sour though you can see that he is quite talented.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 18:35:44

At 4/17/04 06:34 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote:
At 4/17/04 06:29 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: yeah corey does well on that one. It is a really good track of theirs i guess.
In this song, he shows that he can sing. It's about the only one where you can notice his voice quality....

I just don't like stuff like Stone Sour, Slipknot, Mudvayne...

i love stone sour i saw them live and i just thought that they were amazing. Im going to see slipknot when theey come over but i don't like mudvayne.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 18:56:12

stfu u penguin tounger yur the one who sucks coc..

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 18:58:11

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHOOPS !!!
I forgot to quote it to this one guy who
said we sucked "weiner"

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 19:01:01

At 4/17/04 06:58 PM, BrokenWarrior wrote: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHOOPS !!!
I forgot to quote it to this one guy who
said we sucked "weiner"

Just forget this retard...

Are you a member yet?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 20:33:54

What do you guys think of Machine Head?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 20:49:22

At 4/17/04 08:33 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote: What do you guys think of Machine Head?

i like machine head. Favourite song 'blood, sweat and tears'. Great song.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 20:54:44

At 4/17/04 08:49 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: i like machine head. Favourite song 'blood, sweat and tears'. Great song.

My current favourite from them is "Imperium"

Damn, I'm ill, sit in front of my pc at 2.53 a.m and bang my head....great! :D

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 20:56:41

At 4/17/04 08:54 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote:
At 4/17/04 08:49 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: i like machine head. Favourite song 'blood, sweat and tears'. Great song.
My current favourite from them is "Imperium"

imperium! I was thinking about what that song was called and thanks to you i have remembered! That is my joint favourite with BST.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:01:16

Hey

Would I be welcome here?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:02:25

At 4/17/04 08:56 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: imperium! I was thinking about what that song was called and thanks to you i have remembered! That is my joint favourite with BST.

Hehe, I'm always helpful :)

Looks like the others are either sleeping or eating :)

Well, I listen to:

Sepultura - Roots Bloody Roots

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:02:50

At 4/17/04 09:01 PM, Earfetish wrote: Hey

Would I be welcome here?

could anyone possibly say no to earfetish? i know i can't.
what are your favorite metal bands?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:03:52

At 4/17/04 05:40 PM, Deftonesfan64 wrote: anybody got any of ill ninos cds,are they any good?

I do, Revolution... Revolucion is a great piece of 'nu-metal' with great blending of acoustics and good ole distortion. Recommended songs off that would be If You Still Hate Me, Liar, or I Am Loco.

Confession, well, it seems as though they are trying to get more into the linkin park side of things, the sader part about this is, it has drained alot of the good singing, and the good contrast of acoustic and distortion. The worst part is, all the songs just have the same feel to them, i was listening to it and after 30 minutes it felt like i was still on the first track.

Also, to answer which chimaira album i was talking about, im guessing it was the digipak re-release. As i already have The Impossibility Of Reason, gotta love Power Trip, and the last track (can't remember the title, just a long instrumental, good stuff)

And on the kind of thing headbanger keeps bringing up about singing, thats why i like Killswitch Engage (well, with their first singer, the new one just doesnt live up) because of the styles of singing one person can go through, good example of this would be in Alive Or Just Breathing, with your average expected growling, high pitched 'screams', yelling, and yes, melodic singing, great variety, and good stuff.

Sadly though, i have lost all my black metal CDs, so im gonna have to get a copy off them from a friend of mine who is really into that scene, but not goth.

*listens to Spineshank - Height Of Callousness* Hey, so i like nu-metal, shaddup.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:04:40

At 4/17/04 09:01 PM, Earfetish wrote: Hey

Would I be welcome here?

For sure :) You'd be a great addition. Welcome to the club, any band you'd recommend me? You know, I'm new in the great melodic death metal world

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:08:05

At 4/17/04 09:02 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote: Sepultura - Roots Bloody Roots

i saw the video of that for the first time yesterday. Cool song, nice video.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature