Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2018-06-06 10:53:04 (edited 2018-06-06 10:58:13) Reply

At 5/22/18 01:36 AM, Viper wrote:
At 5/19/18 08:48 PM, GavinPyon wrote: Wtf
Where is everyone
Don't know
I don't want to consider the thread dead but it feels dead. The main users seem to not post a whole lot or at all anymore. People come in asking questions or try to start conversations but to no response. It's annoying. I know. But real life tends to take over. And it's sad. I've made friends in this thread and had tons of fun but it feels like no one is around anymore.
@heavenduff
@sense-offender
@murray

Hey there. Sorry, I guess I haven't been checking in. I haven't really been listening to new music much except the rare ocassion Pandora actually shows me something I haven't heard before (actually, this is something it showed me not too too long ago that stood out and by that I mean a few months ago).

I listened to the new Mastodon twice in a row and have really dug it a lot but wanna listen more. I just don't like Show Yourself. It's Emperor of Sand's Curl of the Burl for me. I guess I only think that because those songs are in the middle of stuff that I really like or they don't fit to me or something. If like Priestess or MonstrO or someone had those on the radio I'd probably say I liked them, tbh. Got really hooked on Les Discrets and Alcest for a while since I last posted. Still haven't gotten around to the final Agalloch album or the new Sleep or the new Melvins or Arktis by Ihsahn (and now Amr just came out). Oh yeah and the new Borknagar, but I did listen to the song they got Garm as a guest on over and over when the video came out. I was so psyched that he did that. Oh yeah and Rituals by Rotting Christ just- ... came out 2 years ago. Damn I have fallen off. And there's how many Animals As Leaders albums since Weightless? It's because all I've been listening to is standup comedy and podcasts.

I'm actually in the NG chat all the time. I go there sometimes during my breaks at work even, at least when I do a double shift (been doing a lot of those, end up at work from like 6 am to like 8 pm).

Edit: lol See, I just tried to use underscores to italicize something like I'm still in chat.

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
44Checkeris
44Checkeris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2018-06-15 14:27:00 Reply

Here's a death/thrash band that's pretty good:
Scythelord - Toxic Minds
The lead singer is a streamer by the name of Vargskelethor. He's Swedish. Check him out

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2018-06-19 20:41:49 Reply

At 5/22/18 01:36 AM, Viper wrote:
At 5/19/18 08:48 PM, GavinPyon wrote: Wtf
Where is everyone
Don't know
I don't want to consider the thread dead but it feels dead. The main users seem to not post a whole lot or at all anymore. People come in asking questions or try to start conversations but to no response. It's annoying. I know. But real life tends to take over. And it's sad. I've made friends in this thread and had tons of fun but it feels like no one is around anymore.
@heavenduff
@sense-offender
@murray

Well I've always liked it here, but when there is no discussion it's kind of hard to build on something. I like when people post in here, but not just a one-line post with a link to a track on YouTube.

I'd post more often if there were some posts with more "discussion potential".

At 6/6/18 10:53 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Hey there. Sorry, I guess I haven't been checking in. I haven't really been listening to new music much except the rare ocassion Pandora actually shows me something I haven't heard before (actually, this is something it showed me not too too long ago that stood out and by that I mean a few months ago).

I'm not listening to a whole bunch of new metal stuff myself. Only "kind of new" stuff I bought recently was Cannibal Corpse's Red Before Black, and it's from last year.

Otherwise I've been digging into Arcturus' discography, and I think their most recent is also quite solid. I had been post-poning listening to this one because Garm didn't do the vocals on it, but ICS Vortex is quite the vocalist himself. I also listened to their older stuff, like their very first that I never bothered to listen to before sooner this month, and I like it two.

I listened to the new Mastodon twice in a row and have really dug it a lot but wanna listen more. I just don't like Show Yourself. It's Emperor of Sand's Curl of the Burl for me. I guess I only think that because those songs are in the middle of stuff that I really like or they don't fit to me or something. If like Priestess or MonstrO or someone had those on the radio I'd probably say I liked them, tbh. Got really hooked on Les Discrets and Alcest for a while since I last posted. Still haven't gotten around to the final Agalloch album or the new Sleep or the new Melvins or Arktis by Ihsahn (and now Amr just came out). Oh yeah and the new Borknagar, but I did listen to the song they got Garm as a guest on over and over when the video came out. I was so psyched that he did that. Oh yeah and Rituals by Rotting Christ just- ... came out 2 years ago. Damn I have fallen off. And there's how many Animals As Leaders albums since Weightless? It's because all I've been listening to is standup comedy and podcasts.

I also have to listen to the newest Sleep album. Can't believe I didn't give it a proper listen yet! Omg! Oh! And talking about Agalloch, one of the two bands that rose from the ashes of Agalloch has just released the second single for their upcoming album Salt, which will be released on the 20th of July. Former Agalloch members Aesop Dekker, Don Anderson and Jason Walton teamed up with ex Giant Squid member Aaron John Gregory for this new project.

This is their newest single

but I think I liked the first single better. More atmospheric and "aerial" in a way.

I also didn't know that Garm worked with Borknagar again! Damn! Now I have to go and listen to that track!

Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Game Developer
Response to Metal Hell 2018-06-23 03:02:27 Reply

If you're not already subscribed to Stevie T, here's your daily reminder that no one djents like he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXsvkooHwDA

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

PulsePalpitation
PulsePalpitation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2018-07-27 22:15:02 Reply

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wezza3CBq5g

These guys are sick

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2018-07-28 07:41:08 Reply

Fuck man.. wonder how @Murray feels about the singer of Manilla Road dying. I would have posted about it last night but had to pick up my brother from work.

At 7/27/18 10:15 PM, GavinPyon wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wezza3CBq5g

These guys are sick

I'll check that out when I have time.

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2018-07-28 13:04:06 Reply

At 7/28/18 07:41 AM, Viper wrote: Fuck man.. wonder how @Murray feels about the singer of Manilla Road dying. I would have posted about it last night but had to pick up my brother from work.

It wasn't news that I wanted to hear when I had a busy day ahead of me to look forward to. Couldn't believe that he was gone and still can't. Just so sudden to happen. My sister was gonna see Manilla Road at Wacken next week but obviously won't now (she's still going, of course). Thoughts go out to his friends and family.

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2018-07-31 20:48:47 Reply

At 7/28/18 01:04 PM, Murray wrote:
At 7/28/18 07:41 AM, Viper wrote: Fuck man.. wonder how @Murray feels about the singer of Manilla Road dying. I would have posted about it last night but had to pick up my brother from work.
It wasn't news that I wanted to hear when I had a busy day ahead of me to look forward to. Couldn't believe that he was gone and still can't. Just so sudden to happen. My sister was gonna see Manilla Road at Wacken next week but obviously won't now (she's still going, of course). Thoughts go out to his friends and family.

Yeah it happened out of fucking nowhere and it shocked the hell out of me when I saw. Them along with Brocas Helm and Slough Feg are the main bands out of that general "style" I really wanted to see live and now Manilla Road is probably never happening, I don't know what the hell is going on with Brocas Helm, and I haven't seen anything for Slough Feg touring anywhere in my general vicinity in awhile or if I have it's well after the fact.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2018-08-01 05:35:27 Reply

At 7/31/18 08:48 PM, Viper wrote: Yeah it happened out of fucking nowhere and it shocked the hell out of me when I saw. Them along with Brocas Helm and Slough Feg are the main bands out of that general "style" I really wanted to see live and now Manilla Road is probably never happening, I don't know what the hell is going on with Brocas Helm, and I haven't seen anything for Slough Feg touring anywhere in my general vicinity in awhile or if I have it's well after the fact.

I can't see Brocas Helm doing anything at this point. Been a long time since their last album and it seems all the band members have moved onto their personal lives. As for Slough Feg, you can only hope they will tour near you soon. They're meant to be releasing a new album soon but nothing about it has been revealed as of yet. However, they are doing a European tour right now and are playing in Manchester tomorrow night so I'll be popping over there after work. It's been a good while since I last went to a gig in Manchester and I can't miss this one. Plus, I've got Bloodstock next week!

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2018-08-03 01:00:10 Reply

At 8/1/18 05:35 AM, Murray wrote: I can't see Brocas Helm doing anything at this point. Been a long time since their last album and it seems all the band members have moved onto their personal lives.

Yeah you're probably right. Defender of the Crown came out 14 years ago. On their Facebook they had stuff for a show they were playing in in 2017 which happened to be in my state. And I had no idea about it til like a few months later when I decided to see if I could find them on Facebook.

As for Slough Feg, you can only hope they will tour near you soon. They're meant to be releasing a new album soon but nothing about it has been revealed as of yet. However, they are doing a European tour right now and are playing in Manchester tomorrow night so I'll be popping over there after work. It's been a good while since I last went to a gig in Manchester and I can't miss this one. Plus, I've got Bloodstock next week!

Yeah I noticed they were doing their European tour at the moment and figured you'd go and see them. and I also saw they were going to release a new album but I cannot find ANYTHING about it other than stuff the band themselves have said and the fact that the name and year are down on their Wikipedia page. Though I saw Cloven Hoof are going to be nearish to me next month and I'm trying to find someone to go with me to that.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
incisor
incisor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2018-08-03 23:38:41 Reply

At 6/23/18 03:02 AM, Kwing wrote: If you're not already subscribed to Stevie T, here's your daily reminder that no one djents like he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXsvkooHwDA

He's good but too obnoxious and tries too hard to be funny.

I live in fire and pain. The turmoild of the world is your problem

BBS Signature
PulsePalpitation
PulsePalpitation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2018-09-17 22:00:42 Reply

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SGK00Q7xx-s
This shit stuck in my head man