Be a Supporter!

Metal Hell

  • 2,302,423 Views
  • 78,779 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Blackdoom13
Blackdoom13
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-11 23:23:24 Reply

So I seen Fleshgod Apacalypse has a new albums coming out called KING. Excited to hear it I just hope its not like their last one, they couldve done much better.

I also listened to an ablum I havent heard in a long time the other day Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus. Great album.


When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.
Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-13 04:06:05 Reply

At 11/10/15 06:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Ah, well, can't recommend albums I haven't heard. That's stuff I kinda always meant to hear but never actually got around to it. You might also dig early Sodom and Celtic Frost and maybe Bulldozer (it's fuckin' whiskey tiiiiime!) if you like the Bathory album. And Venom of course. Love me some Sodom whichever period, personally.

I only have Agent Orange by Sodom, but it's amazing. I should definitely listen to more of their stuff. Same thing for Celtic Frost and Venom. And when you're saying Bulldozer, are you talking about the Italian band?

At 11/11/15 11:23 PM, Blackdoom13 wrote: So I seen Fleshgod Apacalypse has a new albums coming out called KING. Excited to hear it I just hope its not like their last one, they couldve done much better.

I also listened to an ablum I havent heard in a long time the other day Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus. Great album.

Fleshgod Apocalypse as pretty much ruined their sound with Agony, and Labyrinth seems like a bizarre attempt at mixing stuff from Oracles with Agony, while the two styles just don't work together. Oracles was an amazing technical death metal album with some orchestration here and there to complement the already amazing way the band managed to incorporate the classsical music elements into death metal... while Agony was boring Dimmu Borgir-esque keys and orchestration over guitars that obviously had no idea what their job was now that they were just back-up in this formulaic symphonic death stuff that the kiddos crave for nowadays.

I've given up hope that they'll ever come back to their senses and play more stuff like Oracles. The more commercial way comes with a bigger paycheck... and it might be enough to keep them in the symphonic no-brainer field for a while.

Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-13 14:42:16 Reply

I went to my first metal show last night; Rotting Christ, Watain, and Mayhem. Say what you will about Watain's music or their image crafting, they put on a hell of a show.


It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-13 16:36:24 (edited 2015-11-13 16:39:32) Reply

At 11/13/15 02:42 PM, Tremulos wrote: I went to my first metal show last night; Rotting Christ, Watain, and Mayhem. Say what you will about Watain's music or their image crafting, they put on a hell of a show.

That's one hell of a "first metal show", haha :P Black metal musicians, regardless of how much time I spent in the metal scene, attending shows and stuff, are still scary to me sometimes. Some of them seem disconnected from reality... I once attended this black metal festival, and the guitarist of the first band would hit himself in the head with a beer bottle repeatedly before getting on stage to have blood on his face during their performance.

And, haha, aren't you the kid of very religious parents? I remember someone in here saying that. That was you, right? How do they feel about you attending the show of openly anti-christian bands?

Bongripper - Reefer Sutherland
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-13 17:57:56 Reply

At 11/13/15 04:36 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: That's one hell of a "first metal show", haha :P Black metal musicians, regardless of how much time I spent in the metal scene, attending shows and stuff, are still scary to me sometimes. Some of them seem disconnected from reality... I once attended this black metal festival, and the guitarist of the first band would hit himself in the head with a beer bottle repeatedly before getting on stage to have blood on his face during their performance.

And, haha, aren't you the kid of very religious parents? I remember someone in here saying that. That was you, right? How do they feel about you attending the show of openly anti-christian bands?

Bongripper - Reefer Sutherland

I absolutely love that disconnection from reality; it helps me personally to stop doing what I usually do (standing there watching passively) and instead really get into the music and the performance in general. I did some moshing during Mayhem and loved it, but during Watain, E's ceremonial acts, interaction with the front row, and overall energy was what really sucked me into it. And yes, I'm the one with the religious family, and to be honest I didn't even tell my parents I went. I live in AZ and they live in WA so they really only know what I tell them when I call them on the weekends haha.


It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 47
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-13 20:45:22 Reply

At 11/13/15 04:36 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Bongripper - Reefer Sutherland

Seeing them a SECOND time in January. Because they're opening for a pretty legendary band.

Sleep

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Blackdoom13
Blackdoom13
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-14 01:30:55 Reply

At 11/13/15 02:42 PM, Tremulos wrote: I went to my first metal show last night; Rotting Christ, Watain, and Mayhem. Say what you will about Watain's music or their image crafting, they put on a hell of a show.

That is a hell of a show lol Id love to go to another concert but its probably going to be awhile during to I have a 4 day old son now lol maybe someday


When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.
Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-15 20:05:17 (edited 2015-11-15 20:07:06) Reply

At 11/13/15 04:06 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 11/10/15 06:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Ah, well, can't recommend albums I haven't heard. That's stuff I kinda always meant to hear but never actually got around to it. You might also dig early Sodom and Celtic Frost and maybe Bulldozer (it's fuckin' whiskey tiiiiime!) if you like the Bathory album. And Venom of course. Love me some Sodom whichever period, personally.
I only have Agent Orange by Sodom, but it's amazing. I should definitely listen to more of their stuff.

That's a great album. Might be their most popular. Their earlier stuff like in the Final Sign of Evil has more of a BM sound to it, which is why I mentioned them.

And when you're saying Bulldozer, are you talking about the Italian band?

Yep. Whiskey Time is fun. Used to blast that when I'd have people over to get fucked up. I can't hear that song or anything by Tankard or Municipal Waste or Korpiklaani without thinking about those times and all the things that got broken.

Also, jealous, @Tremulos Rotting Christ rocks.


sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 47
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-16 00:38:14 Reply

Went to Kuma's earlier today. As I THE original Kuma's. And got myself a Sleep burger. It was actually a lot better than I thought it would be.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-19 07:35:34 Reply

Morbid Saint's Spectrum of Death getting some nifty re-release with extra stuff.


sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-19 21:00:35 Reply

Went to my second metal show last night: headliner was Deafheaven (who put on a great show), the other somewhat well known band was Tribulation (who put on an even better show imo), but I want to mention the band that played first, a band from my local area.

The band is Gatecreeper; they're from Tucson, and they kick ass. Their music live is hardly different from their recordings, but what it is, is solid, loud, no-frills death metal featuring an energetic vocalist, which is a niche in death metal that I personally enjoy to a great extent. They're not ground breaking in any way but they're a very solid band and are still relatively unknown from what I can tell, which is why I'm shilling them here!

So yeah, if you like good meat-and-potatoes death metal at all, taste a sample of their music and check out their Bandcamp.

Also I have two questions: what is the best metal show you have been to, and how do you find about shows going on near you? I've been using songkick.com which seems pretty good, but I don't want to miss anything so I wouldn't mind having multiple ways of hearing about these.


It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-20 01:13:19 Reply

At 11/13/15 02:42 PM, Tremulos wrote: I went to my first metal show last night; Rotting Christ, Watain, and Mayhem. Say what you will about Watain's music or their image crafting, they put on a hell of a show.

I saw Mayhem and Watain in January this year. Watain definitely stole the show from them, and that's coming from a HUGE Mayhem fan who never really listened to Watain. Plus Mayhem really has aged, their vocalist is a clown and they just don't seem to give a shit about what old school black metal used to be, but that's about every black metal band from the early 90's now.

Speaking of black metal, my band is doing pretty good. And I haven't stopped by here in quite some time.

Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-20 20:12:05 Reply

At 11/20/15 01:13 AM, mothballs wrote: Plus Mayhem really has aged, their vocalist is a clown and they just don't seem to give a shit about what old school black metal used to be, but that's about every black metal band from the early 90's now.

Yeah they're definitely a bit old to still be touring, but I guess there's nothing wrong with having fun and making money, and they seem to be doing both. The music was still good, so I couldn't complain.

Speaking of black metal, my band is doing pretty good. And I haven't stopped by here in quite some time.

Nice. I'm sure you've probably been over this before but what do you play?


It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-20 22:38:36 Reply

At 11/20/15 08:12 PM, Tremulos wrote: Yeah they're definitely a bit old to still be touring, but I guess there's nothing wrong with having fun and making money, and they seem to be doing both. The music was still good, so I couldn't complain.

True. I still enjoyed their set. I just would have preferred to see a set by them in the early 90's lol

Nice. I'm sure you've probably been over this before but what do you play?

No worries man. I play drums. I'm mostly a vocalist however, but I was lucky enough to find 2 other musicians in my area that are into black metal like me, which is extremely rare. It's been a blast so far, bringing old school black metal to a scene that's mostly prog death and barely heard any BM before.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-24 03:23:16 Reply

At 11/13/15 05:57 PM, Tremulos wrote: I absolutely love that disconnection from reality; it helps me personally to stop doing what I usually do (standing there watching passively) and instead really get into the music and the performance in general. I did some moshing during Mayhem and loved it, but during Watain, E's ceremonial acts, interaction with the front row, and overall energy was what really sucked me into it. And yes, I'm the one with the religious family, and to be honest I didn't even tell my parents I went. I live in AZ and they live in WA so they really only know what I tell them when I call them on the weekends haha.

I personally find it to be a little two disturbing sometimes. Didn't the guys from Watain fucking beat up a guy once for going on-stage? The issue is that some black metal musicians really are messed up in their head, like... really messed up... If it was an act, a show, or some kind of statement, I wouldn't mind. But some of these bastards are genuinely not giving a shit, are pure fucking evil, and some are down-right psychotic.

Don't get me wrong, I love myself some raw and brutal fucking black metal, but it's one thing to write about sadistic torturing, and actually doing it ;)

At 11/13/15 08:45 PM, Viper wrote:
At 11/13/15 04:36 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Bongripper - Reefer Sutherland
Seeing them a SECOND time in January. Because they're opening for a pretty legendary band.
Sleep

I'd absolutely love to see Bongripper live someday. I seriously believe that along with Electric Wizard, Sleep and Om, they are among the best doom metal bands of our time.

At 11/15/15 08:05 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: That's a great album. Might be their most popular. Their earlier stuff like in the Final Sign of Evil has more of a BM sound to it, which is why I mentioned them.

I'll definitely have to look into their earlier material. Thanks!

Yep. Whiskey Time is fun. Used to blast that when I'd have people over to get fucked up. I can't hear that song or anything by Tankard or Municipal Waste or Korpiklaani without thinking about those times and all the things that got broken.

We all have these tracks we listen to to get wasted as shit. I miss that time, haha :P

At 11/19/15 07:35 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Morbid Saint's Spectrum of Death getting some nifty re-release with extra stuff.

Yeah, I've read that on Patrick Lind's Facebook page. That's fucking great! Can't wait for it to be released... the original albums are so damn expensive now, it's just ridiculous!

At 11/19/15 09:00 PM, Tremulos wrote: Also I have two questions: what is the best metal show you have been to, and how do you find about shows going on near you? I've been using songkick.com which seems pretty good, but I don't want to miss anything so I wouldn't mind having multiple ways of hearing about these.

I usually try to look up the bands on last.fm. This website usually shares information on the upcoming shows by various bands. Or I try to like the bands' pages on Facebook to keep up with the news.

If I had to pick just one favorite show, it would have to be a draw between the second and third time I saw Agalloch live. These guys are amazing on CD, but they just kill it live! Amazing stuff. Great presence on-stage, and they have the library to go with it. Not to mention that every time I've seen them live, they were touring with Musk Ox, which is a mind-blowing neofolk/neo-classical trio that takes influences from post-rock and atmospheric metal à la Agalloch.

But I have to say that my first metal show ever, Children Of Bodom... back in '05 was fucking great. That was back in the days when Trivium and Amon Amarth were opening bands for bands like CoB and that you could see the three of these bands for $15 :P

But there were just too many great ones to know. I loved Abigail Williams so much live. So did I Cynic, which were touring with Scale The Summit, which is one hell of an amazing prog rock/metal band. But Symphony X was also classic.

At 11/20/15 01:13 AM, mothballs wrote: I saw Mayhem and Watain in January this year. Watain definitely stole the show from them, and that's coming from a HUGE Mayhem fan who never really listened to Watain. Plus Mayhem really has aged, their vocalist is a clown and they just don't seem to give a shit about what old school black metal used to be, but that's about every black metal band from the early 90's now.

Haha, I wonder what a Darkthrone show would look like these days. I'd assume that they still play material from their early days (excluding Soulside Journey of course). But do they still like playing that stuff? That's a good question.

Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 47
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-24 12:12:41 Reply

At 11/24/15 03:23 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 11/13/15 08:45 PM, Viper wrote:
At 11/13/15 04:36 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Bongripper - Reefer Sutherland
Seeing them a SECOND time in January. Because they're opening for a pretty legendary band.
Sleep
I'd absolutely love to see Bongripper live someday. I seriously believe that along with Electric Wizard, Sleep and Om, they are among the best doom metal bands of our time.

I guess I'm lucky since Bongripper are from my state. They sometimes play free shows up in Chicago. But Chicago is a liiiittle out of the way for me.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Zornuzkull
Zornuzkull
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2015-11-26 04:07:14 Reply

This party seems to have ended a while ago...


BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2015-12-02 19:34:17 Reply

Tiiiime after time!
Teeen miles high!
I'm living my fantasies!

*dun!

At twenty thousand posts!

solo!

kill me

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 47
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-12-02 21:24:53 Reply

At 12/2/15 07:34 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Tiiiime after time!
Teeen miles high!
I'm living my fantasies!

*dun!

At twenty thousand posts!

solo!
kill me

Congratulations.
Maybe some day I'll get that high...


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2015-12-05 21:25:40 Reply

New Intervals album is pretty damn good.

BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2015-12-07 15:35:31 Reply

Anyone listen to Sikth? Their new album is pretty good. I've listened to it a few times in the past day. Here's the first single. They have a very unique style that I really like.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2015-12-11 15:56:18 Reply

At 12/2/15 07:34 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Tiiiime after time!
Teeen miles high!
I'm living my fantasies!

*dun!

At twenty thousand posts!

solo!
kill me

You're one of the old folks in here now. Congrats!

At 11/24/15 12:12 PM, Viper wrote: I guess I'm lucky since Bongripper are from my state. They sometimes play free shows up in Chicago. But Chicago is a liiiittle out of the way for me.

I was thinking about visiting Chicago someday. Maybe in 2016 or 2017. Let's just hope that they'll be around when I come to visit.

9X74
9X74
  • Member since: Jan. 10, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2016-01-02 21:59:16 Reply

At 9/29/15 01:08 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 9/22/15 08:21 PM, KillerTerror wrote:
At 9/22/15 08:20 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: As I mentioned to others, maybe this thread is more up your alley.
Looks like that thread is dead.
Yeah... It kind of is. But we don't really discuss nu-metal in here either.

At 9/27/15 03:35 PM, 9X74 wrote: This looks like my place. :)

Anyone here into The Fall of Troy?
Went to one of their concerts not too long ago.
They are most of a post-hardcore band then a metal band, really. And it's funny that there never was a hardcore thread on NG... I wonder why that is...

Lol sorry I didn't follow the metal code :D

I totally forgot how all metal "subgenres" should be strictly placed in different sections. And we should all follow it's hierarchy.

'Cause that's what metal is all about right? Following rules and a strict hierarchy? :3

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2016-01-02 23:17:10 Reply

At 1/2/16 09:59 PM, 9X74 wrote:
At 9/29/15 01:08 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 9/22/15 08:21 PM, KillerTerror wrote:
At 9/22/15 08:20 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: As I mentioned to others, maybe this thread is more up your alley.
Looks like that thread is dead.
Yeah... It kind of is. But we don't really discuss nu-metal in here either.

At 9/27/15 03:35 PM, 9X74 wrote: This looks like my place. :)

Anyone here into The Fall of Troy?
Went to one of their concerts not too long ago.
They are most of a post-hardcore band then a metal band, really. And it's funny that there never was a hardcore thread on NG... I wonder why that is...
Lol sorry I didn't follow the metal code :D

I totally forgot how all metal "subgenres" should be strictly placed in different sections. And we should all follow it's hierarchy.

'Cause that's what metal is all about right? Following rules and a strict hierarchy? :3

"Welcome to the fruit club! Let's talk about how great fruit is!"
"I like fruit, too! I love carrots and celery!"
"Hey, that's great! Have you seen the vegetable club?"
"lol You guys are so elitist."


sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2016-01-04 23:31:52 Reply

At 11/26/15 04:07 AM, zornuzkull wrote: This party seems to have ended a while ago...

The party will never end. Just keep doing what you do.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2016-01-05 03:36:53 Reply

At 1/2/16 09:59 PM, 9X74 wrote: Lol sorry I didn't follow the metal code :D

I totally forgot how all metal "subgenres" should be strictly placed in different sections. And we should all follow it's hierarchy.

Post-hardcore, metal "subgenres"...

Yeah... metal subgenres...

'Cause that's what metal is all about right? Following rules and a strict hierarchy? :3

Do you like Pink Floyd? I like Pink Floyd. Were in the Metal Hell though, not the Rock Hell.

Zornuzkull
Zornuzkull
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2016-01-05 08:20:46 Reply

At 1/5/16 03:36 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 1/2/16 09:59 PM, 9X74 wrote:

Do you like Pink Floyd? I like Pink Floyd. Were in the Metal Hell though, not the Rock Hell.

Frank Zappa ain't bad... Pink Floyd have there moments...


BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2016-01-05 18:59:53 Reply

I'm working on a top 30 black metal tracks, and I was wanted to share what I have so far with you guys so you could help me out a little. You can replace any track from this list and replace it with something else, or maybe just suggest a new list completely. So here goes:

1. Darkthrone - Kathaarian Life Code
2. Satyricon - Walk the Path of Sorrow
3. Ulver - I Troldskog Faren Vild
4. Ulver - Hymne I: Wolf and Fear
5. Darkthrone - Summer of the Diabolical Holocaust
6. Sigh - A Victori Of Dakini
7. Taake - Hordalands Doedskvad Part I
8. Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times
9. Fell Voices - (untitled) (2 from the 2010 album)
10. Peste Noire - Le Mort Joyeux
11. Austere - Just for a Moment...
12. Balrog - Le baiser du fouet
13. Deafheaven - Dream House

I'm so expecting hatred for this one :P

14. Wolves In The Throne Room - Ahrimanic Trance
15. Darkthrone - The Pagan Winter
16. Taake - Hordalands Doedskvad Part III
17. Agalloch - Into The Painted Grey
18. Gris - Il était une forêt...
19. Mayhem - Freezing Moon
20. Ulver - Hymne III: Wolf and Hatred
21. Sigh - At My Funeral
22. Xasthur - The Prison Of Mirrors
23. Agalloch - The Wilderness
24. Chaos Moon - Abstract Tongues
25. Mayhem - Pure Fucking Armageddon
26. Carpathian Forest - It's Darker Then You Think
27. Enslaved - As Fire Swept Clean The Earth
28. Fen - Colossal Voids
29. Monarque - Mes Blessures
30. Monarque - La Vallée des Larmes

It's still a work in progress, and I still need to listen to quite a lot of black metal, especially early black metal like Venom, Celtic Frost and Bathory so don't go too hard on me.

Sigh - Voices
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2016-01-07 12:23:16 Reply

At 1/5/16 06:59 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I'm working on a top 30 black metal tracks

Wish I could help on this, but I don't even recognize most of these.

BTW - the new Baroness is REALLY good.