00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,057,623 Views | 77,360 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:03:29

At 12/10/07 09:57 PM, 0peth wrote:
At 12/10/07 09:51 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
Your loneliness is your perspective alone.
I meant in general, because maybe if I fooled around w/ some girl I would not be alone this long. Being alone is cool for like, 6 months, but for how long this has been going on...

Seriously, my house is empty and I don't see anyone anymore.

I'm totally isolated and alone.

depends on a lot of things. great degrees of alone time can be extremely constructive and effecient too. it can be a huge asset and positive thing. It really depends on how you perceive it and what you do with it.
But its also understandable as a younger person to feel the need for entertainment and social interactivity. Personally as a child, I was a loner until I was about 15 or 16. I had great social skills, but I never felt the need to apply them. And a lot of times, I regretted becoming too social. I was happier before being nerdy smart, reading and constantly drawing alone at home or at the park or studying.
I felt i lost a lot of credibility after.

So it depends on your priorities, but you can't insta burn 'loneliness'. It's just a word for a feeling, not for an actual event. You can be surrounded by people and be as lonely as a person with no social life, and a hermit could be more fulfilled than a person with a great social life.

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:08:07

At 12/10/07 09:51 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: I gotta stop ranting. D:

And just when i thought the metal hell was starting to get a bit dumber.

As far as I can tell, most people fall under the groups of "fine with being single" and "not being fine with being single." i, and apparently zach, fall under the second. I really can't tell you why I feel this way, and I definitely can't tell you why he feels this way (we don't have a telepathic bond, after all). But the thing is, is that even back when i was like in sixth grade i wanted someone to "love" or "like" or whatever you'd like to call it. And I still do. I feel unsatisfied without physical affection. Hook-ups wouldn't do it (lolpun) for me, because i desire passion and emotion with the actions. I also want to spend time with someone I'm romantically involved with. Don't get me wrong, i really like having friends to hang out, but it's sort of weird to just invite just a friend over to watch a movie and snuggle with. I can think of one person in the world i would feel comfortable with doing that with, and she's my best friend (not to mention i've had a crush on her for a while.) i'm going to stop now, i'm ranting

THE POINTS I WANTED TO CONVEY BUT CANT:
1.PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT AND REQUIRE DIFFERENT THINGS IN LIFE/LOVE/WHATEVER
2.YOUR STATEMENT ABOUT SOCIETIES PRESSURE ON MONOGAMY AND LOVE AND SHIT IS TOTALLY TRUE, AND I'VE ALWAYS FELT THE SAME WAY (EVEN THOUGH I'M A MONOGAMIST MYSELF)
3.UH COCKS
4.I'M JEALOUS THAT YOU CAN BE FINE WITH BEING SINGLE

sweet i'm going to go listen to some einsturzende neubauten before i ramble even more

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:10:58

At 12/10/07 10:03 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
At 12/10/07 09:57 PM, 0peth wrote:
At 12/10/07 09:51 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
Your loneliness is your perspective alone.
I meant in general, because maybe if I fooled around w/ some girl I would not be alone this long. Being alone is cool for like, 6 months, but for how long this has been going on...

Seriously, my house is empty and I don't see anyone anymore.

I'm totally isolated and alone.
depends on a lot of things. great degrees of alone time can be extremely constructive and effecient too.

Oh sure ,definitely.

But its also understandable as a younger person to feel the need for entertainment and social interactivity.

It doesn't have anything to do with being young, IMO, it's more of a long term effect on a specific personality.

Personally as a child, I was a loner until I was about 15 or 16. I had great social skills, but I never felt the need to apply them.

I am the same way, exactly.

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:12:30

Lol, no, I don't care about the relationship, it's more just to do something different.

0peth alt

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:14:10

At 12/10/07 10:12 PM, Hypocrisy wrote: Lol, no, I don't care about the relationship, it's more just to do something different.

That sir, is a gateway to endless possibilities to do with your life then. If thats the vague void in your life to loneliness, you have so many options to do loads of awesome things with your life. It's just about applying now.

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:20:08

At 12/10/07 10:14 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote:

That sir, is a gateway to endless possibilities to do with your life then. If thats the vague void in your life to loneliness, you have so many options to do loads of awesome things with your life. It's just about applying now.

Oh cocks, never mind.

I'm stronger than that anyway.

0peth alt

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:21:06

...Thanks Dr. Ruth. I can just feel the love in here.

Led Zep concert footage is online, if any of you guys care about them (I do). There, time to inject some music into this page full of BAWWWW.

Also, pg. 1349. Freakin sweet.

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:21:33

At 12/10/07 10:08 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: And I still do. I feel unsatisfied without physical affection. Hook-ups wouldn't do it (lolpun) for me, because i desire passion and emotion with the actions. I also want to spend time with someone I'm romantically involved with.

We all stumble upon emptyness and voids and obstacles in our lives. It's completely natural. It can genuinely be something like the need for a significant other, but the important part, is just to step back and ask if thats what it really is. Too many people get caught up in what they think they should be doing, and still find this crap not filled.
Thus why a lot of mistakes are repeated, or bad behavior. Some don't realise they arent trying to fix the right thing.

The basic and main point, is to figure out your and yours only, perspective on fulfilling yourself and what happiness means to you. Point finale. C'est tout.
And it can be fun on the way. Experimenting, guess and check, dipping your feet into new things etc. Just dont settle for what everyone else is just cause well..everyone else is.

You might need another to emotionally express yourself to feel complete. Maybe it's not that at all. You're young, you got an entire lifetime to figure it out.
And there is nothing to be jealous on my fact of rather being single. it came with its own issues to conquer. Such as my overwhelming demand for independence, the fear or non understanding of commitment in the least, my over critical analysis of sexual needs and my disconnection with peoples emotions.
I have to figure all that shit out to be able to get myself in a position where I realised JUST being single wasn't the ONLY way either. I just like to go with a flow.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:24:09

At 12/10/07 10:21 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote: ...Thanks Dr. Ruth. I can just feel the love in here.

IM SORRY IF IM NOT BEING METAL ENOUGH FOR THE DEAD METAL DISCUSSION THREAD >:(

Led Zep concert footage is online, if any of you guys care about them (I do). There, time to inject some music into this page full of BAWWWW.

Aren't they crazy expensive, the tickets?

At 12/10/07 10:20 PM, Hypocrisy wrote:

Oh cocks, never mind.

I'm stronger than that anyway.

stronger than what? You said you just want difference no, not just limited to relationships, no? I'm just saying, needing something different = a lot of things to explore in life.
Sorry if i dont get what you mean D:

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:25:09

God hates me and all of us most likely.
Becuase all but 3 of my girlfriends have cheated on me. And I cant stand that shit >:[
Right now Im all alone and sad... Besides that I saw Ozzy Im sad...

Also 500 post

When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.

Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:29:33

At 12/10/07 10:24 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: IM SORRY IF IM NOT BEING METAL ENOUGH FOR THE DEAD METAL DISCUSSION THREAD >:(
D. Sorry for having fun at your expense. You promote healing, how can I argue with that? Its like my social life now is far less complicated than those three or four years younger than me. I don't remember any of that crap.

The thread is just slower without the incessant picspam.

They were. Some dude paid over 10,000$ for a pair. I've read a couple reviews, from BBC and Billboard (legit sources), and apparently they were great. Here's hoping for a short US stadium tour.

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:31:14

Fixed. Sorry for the double post. We need a damn editing function.

At 12/10/07 10:24 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: IM SORRY IF IM NOT BEING METAL ENOUGH FOR THE DEAD METAL DISCUSSION THREAD >:(

Sorry for having fun at your expense. : D. You promote healing, how can I argue with that? Its like my social life now is far less complicated than those three or four years younger than me. I don't remember any of that crap.

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:31:38

At 12/10/07 10:21 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote:
Also, pg. 1349. Freakin sweet.

hahaha, i totally didn't notice

nice.

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:34:32

At 12/10/07 10:29 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote:
D. Sorry for having fun at your expense. You promote healing, how can I argue with that? Its like my social life now is far less complicated than those three or four years younger than me. I don't remember any of that crap.

It was on topic, I gave my opinion, people respond back with theirs, discussion popped up. I didnt run in here lecturing, i just put my opinions on forth. I'm sorry I post stuff you don't have to read in the least bit. If you think what write is stupid or BS, thats fine, but you wasting yourself to reading it, wasnt MY choice. if it makes you feel better, prolly wont be around again for a long while, so i'll take my dr ruth shit with me. That sound good?

No. We ran out of a lot of things to say about metal as a vague thread to begin with.

They were. Some dude paid over 10,000$ for a pair. I've read a couple reviews, from BBC and Billboard (legit sources), and apparently they were great. Here's hoping for a short US stadium tour.

Thats retarded. unless the band is God sent, id never pay anything remotely that much to see anybody, ever. Shit..even god sent.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:45:41

At 12/10/07 10:34 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: It was on topic, I gave my opinion, people respond back with theirs, discussion popped up. I didnt run in here lecturing, i just put my opinions on forth. I'm sorry I post stuff you don't have to read in the least bit. If you think what write is stupid or BS, thats fine, but you wasting yourself to reading it, wasnt MY choice. if it makes you feel better, prolly wont be around again for a long while, so i'll take my dr ruth shit with me. That sound good?

Ok, let me tell you something about myself. DO NOT take me seriously. I was making an attempt at a joke because relationships are not something that comes up frequently (unless you care to dispute that, but as long as I've been here its only been occasional at best), and I wanted to ease it down a bit. I don't care what you write, I don't judge. I'm serious, if they get something out of it, all the better It may have been a snide remark, so I'm sorry if I offended, but it wasn't meant that way. You don't have to justify or explain anything to me - your right to post is as inherent as mine. And I wouldn't want you to stop posting.

No. We ran out of a lot of things to say about metal as a vague thread to begin with.

Not necessarily true. Metal changes over time, the bands change, the fans change. As long as the music is there, there is something musically related to talk about. However, and this is a big however, I don't want to discourage other conversation. It's not my job to mod. I still think and though the picspam was getting out of hand though.

Thats retarded. unless the band is God sent, id never pay anything remotely that much to see anybody, ever. Shit..even god sent.

Not to the person that bought them. I think they likely have a strong sentimental connection to the music and band, so money wasn't the issue. I pulled the BBC article, it was over 82 or 83,000 pounds. It was for charity as well. Money isn't too much of an object for me when it comes to my favorite music either. Just one of those things...

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 22:58:58

At 12/10/07 10:45 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote:
Ok, let me tell you something about myself. DO NOT take me seriously. I'm serious

lol wut?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-10 23:06:29

At 12/10/07 10:58 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: lol wut?

-.- Colloquialism.

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-11 00:29:23

At 12/10/07 11:57 PM, Rokuro wrote: Oh yeah, SKELETONWITCH RULES! WOOOO CLASS OF 07 for lyfeee!

lol Did you do that all by yourself? With Crayons?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-11 00:36:40

At 12/10/07 11:57 PM, Rokuro wrote: What bums me out, is when I am in a relationship, I meet all of these terrific girls around school who really tickle my fancy (and my naughty place. But not physically.) but when I'm single, all the girls are like GONE.

I meet tonnes of awesome chicks when I'm single, but 99% of the time they're taken or not interested in having a relationship :'(

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-11 01:54:54

At 12/11/07 01:04 AM, Rokuro wrote:
HOW DARE YOU SIR. IT WAS CLEARLY MARKERS

I thought it was awesome. Great work! I'm really not being sarcastic. No one ever draws me things.... *SigH*

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-11 02:29:01

At 12/11/07 01:04 AM, Rokuro wrote: HOW DARE YOU SIR. IT WAS CLEARLY MARKERS

Well you had me fooled.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-11 04:00:37

At 12/11/07 02:29 AM, Rokuro wrote:
At 12/11/07 02:29 AM, Blackdoom13 wrote:
At 12/11/07 01:04 AM, Rokuro wrote: HOW DARE YOU SIR. IT WAS CLEARLY MARKERS
Well you had me fooled.
(

Why so sad? Crayons>Markers

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-11 05:05:44

The endings of relationships can really tell a lot of new things about the person you've been with, even if for a longer time. My ex-girlfriend (who I dumped) who's always told me how much she loved me has fucked my former best-friend a week after I've left her :P (she also told me to not ever talk to her again because I suck and she hates me for dumping her). Actually, she's really turned back into a angry pre-teen when I left her. Very mature.

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-11 09:46:18

At 12/11/07 05:05 AM, Goatchrist wrote: Actually, she's really turned back into a angry pre-teen when I left her. Very mature.

When my slag of an ex left me she was like that. Now she's all "I still love you" and shit. I guess she expects me to forget the little part that invlolves her FUCKING CHEATING on me.

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-11 10:20:39

Death metal star wars

This is from their first show that they played in London this Saturday (along with the Ten Masked men apparently)

I am so pissed that London is a bitch to get to. I would have loved to seen both those bands.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-11 11:53:19

At 12/10/07 07:13 PM, Nev wrote: Speaking of girlfriends... mine just finished me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

At 12/10/07 07:25 PM, Nev wrote: Well, she couldn't handle the stress of being in a long distance relationship.

Your imaginary girlfriend dumped you just because of the long distance between you two? lol.

At 12/10/07 09:25 PM, 0peth wrote: Speaking of girlfriends, I never had a SERIOUS one yet.

Me neither. :( All I can do is wait and all of sudden, it might happen. Right now, I'm happy with my life and I'm happy with my friend's relations.

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-11 13:30:37

Strange how you change in just a few months. I'm no longer listen to any black or death metal bands.
I just don't like the style as much as I used to. I've transitioned into more calmer-music, but I still listen to some heavier-metal bands.

What I listened to when I joined:

Dream Theater
Opeth
Decapitated
Rotting Christ
Dark Funeral
X Japan
Edge of Sanity
Dying Fetus
Iced Earth
Behemoth

What I listen to now:
Dream Theater
Porcupine Tree
Buckethead
Green Carnation
Nevermore
Opeth
Necrophagist

What do you guys listen to nowadays?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-11 15:18:58

At 12/11/07 01:30 PM, Dark-Phire wrote:

What do you guys listen to nowadays?

You guys are gonna hate me for this.
(even if you already hate me for still posting after I was kicked lol)

What I used to listen to( ages ago though, When i was just into teh hellz):
Týr
Ensiferum
Anal Cunt
Children of bodom (A fucking lot)
Slayer (lol, Some might remember)
Pantera
Dimmu Borgir
Opeth
Nile (ALOT)
Lamb of God
And a bunch of more thrash and shit.

What I listen to mostly now :
Necrophagist <3
Amon Amarth
Wintersun
Dark Funeral
Anaal Nathrakh
Belphegor
Behemoth
Vital Remains
Nile(MUCH LESS<:()
Cradle of Filth
HIM (Told you you're gonna hate me)

And a buch of Folk, And viking.

Btw, For fans of Meshuggah, I would recommend Frederick Thordendal's Special Defects.
Only one Album ever made; " Sol Niger Within", But it's GUUUUD.

P.s. Why does the Cover art of Cruelty and the beast turn me on?

Cover art

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-11 16:13:48

At 12/11/07 01:30 PM, Dark-Phire wrote: Strange how you change in just a few months. I'm no longer listen to any black or death metal bands.
I just don't like the style as much as I used to. I've transitioned into more calmer-music, but I still listen to some heavier-metal bands.

Progession in musical tastes is awesome, and I think you'll find that in an even longer amount of time from now you'll look back and go "WTF was I listening to" or "They were cool, but I just can't get into them" etc. Also, I LURVE Porcupine Tree - they're an amazing band. Get the live DVD if you haven't already. It gets overlooked a lot by most of the fans I know, but its a great show.

Personally I joined with shit bands, back when it took around five to get in. I listen to two of them: Dark Tranquillity and (still) older In Flames. Shit happens, I listen to a bit of everything, from pop rock type stuff to drone to death to black to grind. Its all good - except rap.

Response to Metal Hell 2007-12-11 16:50:20

At 12/11/07 03:18 PM, Kiddmeizter wrote:
P.s. Why does the Cover art of Cruelty and the beast turn me on?

Cover art

Old Cradle Of Filth isn't really bad it's just there new shit that dug them a grave.

They lead to my love of black metal along with Dimmu Borgir.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature