00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011

21,395 Views | 311 Replies

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-03 02:37:21

At 6/3/11 01:28 AM, Chronamut wrote: i have the right to say no to you if I say.. for instance, hate you.

Don't worry, I already have room booked nearby.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-03 14:00:14

Added the karaoke event to the events page of that hub thing.
I put in the time 7.30, i figure itll take an hour or so to finish up dinner at that indian joint.
If that estimate is hideously wrong, let me know.

Also thanx DancingTurkeyGod for the googlemaps quick link

None

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-03 14:36:19

At 6/3/11 02:00 PM, Luis wrote: If that estimate is hideously wrong, let me know.

No, it's actually pretty accurate!
That's what I guessed when I tried to do reservations.

Also, for Saturday, I'm curious to see what you people want to do. So far, the options (with the prices range that go from expensive to cheap) that were given out are :

- Cirque du Soleil show ($$$)
- Biodome ($$)
- Indiana Jones exhibition at the Science Center ($$)
- Bike ride in the Old Port ($)

If you have any other ideas, fell free to share them!

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-03 15:07:15

At 6/3/11 02:36 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
At 6/3/11 02:00 PM, Luis wrote: If that estimate is hideously wrong, let me know.
No, it's actually pretty accurate!
That's what I guessed when I tried to do reservations.

Also, for Saturday, I'm curious to see what you people want to do. So far, the options (with the prices range that go from expensive to cheap) that were given out are :

- Cirque du Soleil show ($$$)
- Biodome ($$)
- Indiana Jones exhibition at the Science Center ($$)
- Bike ride in the Old Port ($)

If you have any other ideas, fell free to share them!

If there is no real concensus you could just establish a place for the evening to meet at and just leave the day open to whatever. Or just establish a meet point for the initial part of it and then just mini-groups it and regroup at whatever place was established for the evening. That way nobody feels bound to one specific thing. I run into this challenge alot in London, where you have people who have been there millions of times and just go to mingle and hang out, and the people who are there for their first time and or want to explore the city more and THEN hang out and mingle.

None

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-03 15:15:47

I have to say, my favorite activity last year was laser tag.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-03 18:17:07

At 6/3/11 05:04 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Yes, I was just going to post, LASER TAG or gtfo.

Yes, lazytag or paintball would be a lot of fun.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-03 20:10:55

Laser tag is the most annoying thing to organize though...And we've done it every year.

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-03 20:19:17

At 6/3/11 08:10 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Laser tag is the most annoying thing to organize though...And we've done it every year.

Paintball might be fun too. Boom-headshot!

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-03 21:44:35

At 6/3/11 08:19 PM, Malachy wrote: Paintball might be fun too. Boom-headshot!

Funny thing is I found a paintball place in Montreal on Google maps:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-03 22:46:59

I haven't been to paintball in Montreal yet, but either that or lasertag sounds like tons of fun again :D

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-04 00:10:39

ooooooooooh chronamut is scared

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-04 00:56:32

Laser tag was definitely one of the things I remember joyfully from the '08 meet. Bouncy ball "grenades" FTW.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-04 12:42:47

At 6/3/11 08:10 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Laser tag is the most annoying thing to organize though...And we've done it every year.

What are the annoying bits to organize? If we hash it out far enough ahead, Luis can put it on the events page and we don't have to worry about herding everyone over there.

If it's making reservations, then we can call up like this week and say "We want to reserve for 23 people" if that number changes, we call and make a change - but at least we'd have the reservation. I think we can make it much less annoying if we get the ball rolling far enough ahead.

I guess the only difficult bit would be if they want a deposit or payment in full when you make the reservation. If a local who has a little money is willing to put some cash up I'm sure we can make sure you're re-payed by attendees. I think this is what DTG did last year. But if we can find a place that will take a reservation without a credit card, that would be great.

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-04 21:08:35

Due to popular request, laser quest has been booked. I have made a change though. In the last years, people seemed to think that 3 games was too much. I've only booked 2 games this time on Saturday June 18th (9 and 9:40pm). We need to be at the place by 8:40pm. It costs me 430$ and we're allowed up to 30 ppl. So the more ppl who play, the less each person pays. Deposit is half that amount (on my credit card), so you people better pay up! I am a poor student.

Google link for Luis:
Laser Quest

PS: Sunday: Malachy, Chron and I will probably go see Totem(Cirque du soleil) at 5pm. Others are welcome to join, but everyone has to buy their own ticket. Lowest ticket price is 70$.

PPS: Other suggestions for Saturday night are coming. Stay tuned. I'm out of school and have a little time to plan things.

PPPS: BUY YOUR PLANE TICKET ZEROK. :)

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-04 21:48:41

OHHHHH baby Fringe festival is still on that weekend!

Luis, book in Fringe Festival - Drag races on Saturday, June 18th at 4PM. We'll meet at 3:45pm at metro station St-Laurent.

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-04 21:51:54

At 6/4/11 09:08 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Laser Quest

Thank u, ill post it up in a few.

To people participating in laser tag, please be sure you pay for your session. If I recall last year, some people didnt pay (or couldnt pay?), but decided to do laser tag nonetheless.... that whole speech about being responsible about your budget comes to mind.

$430.00 makes me nervoussssss

None

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-04 22:02:35

At 6/4/11 09:08 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: It costs me 430$ and we're allowed up to 30 ppl. So the more ppl who play, the less each person pays. Deposit is half that amount (on my credit card), so you people better pay up! I am a poor student.

So, why don't we all set aside $30 for laser quest.

If everyone goes, whoopie, you get one extra drank than you expected and if a few people don't go you aren't left short a few bucks and DTG isn't left out for her kindness. it'll be about $21 per person if all ~20 people actually go (unlikely!). If 15 people go, it's $28 per person. If we all set it aside now, there won't be any surprises the day of.

PS: Sunday: Malachy, Chron and I will probably go see Totem(Cirque du soleil) at 5pm. Others are welcome to join, but everyone has to buy their own ticket. Lowest ticket price is 70$.

Gotta love expensive shit!

So, for those first timers, here's a breakdown of my "spending money" budget (excludes travel, hotel and drinks because all of those are totally individual to you)

3 day subway/bus pass
: $16.00
Laser Quest: $30
Totem: $70
Bike riding thing: $10
Food: $75 ($10-15 a meal at 2 meals a day)
buying cheap random frenchie crap: $30
Drinks: individual mileage may vary! I like me some mixed drinks but I'm also a lightweight so I'm not putting that much away for dranking, but you can easily (oh so easily) burn through $100 in alcohol if you're a high class twerp bordering on alcoholism. Also, LIQUOR STORES CLOSE EARLY AS FUCK IN MONTREAL. GET UP EARLY IF YOU PLAN ON FILLING A FLASK FOR A NIGHT OF DEBAUCHERY.

So my spending money: ~$250

So, like Pox said right off the bat, expect to bring about $200. It looks like a lot but you need to eat, drink and do stuff for 3 days.

And if you plan on using a visa/mastercard - tell your bank or CC company about your trip before hand! There is no fun to be had if their fraud squad cancels the card Friday morning when you use it at Tim Hortons in Montreal when your last purchase was in Vancouver or Philadelphia.

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-04 22:27:16

At 6/4/11 10:02 PM, Malachy wrote: And if you plan on using a visa/mastercard - tell your bank or CC company about your trip before hand! There is no fun to be had if their fraud squad cancels the card Friday morning when you use it at Tim Hortons in Montreal when your last purchase was in Vancouver or Philadelphia.

For US travelers:

And ask the bank/CC company about fees! Some banks or card companies will charge you a "conversion" fee if you are from the US and use the card in Canada (they add up if you use it a lot...ATM fees are the worst! get cash early, convert it before you leave if your bank isn't too fussy about it).

Phones: Your iPhone/Android uses data almost all the time. Data is expensive in another country. Remember those news stories about teenagers going on family trips to the North and the parents getting a $10,000 phone bill? Yeah, bad touch. Airplane mode that fucker or bring a flip phone. If you need to call home, use google voice. Free calls to US and Canada.

Passport: The law changed a few years back. You MUST have a passport (or passport card) to get back into the US from Canada or one of those easy crossing cards if you live near the border...but you'd know all this by now. Canada will let you in with just a drivers license. The US won't be very happy if you forget your passport. If you haven't gotten one yet, now would be the last chance you have to get it! You will obviously have to pay some hefty fees to get it processed quickly.

Finally, pretty much everybody speaks English at least a little bit so don't fret about being in French Canada (unless you're driving. Unlike the rest of Canada that has to use both languages on road signs, Quebec gets a pass. Their signs are all french. Bring a GPS unit if you're driving...and streets have genders)

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-04 22:55:01

At 6/4/11 10:39 PM, FBIpolux wrote: You forgot the 100$ for Poker.

You guys play for bottle caps!

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-04 23:21:33

At 6/4/11 09:51 PM, Luis wrote:
At 6/4/11 09:08 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Laser Quest
Thank u, ill post it up in a few.

To people participating in laser tag, please be sure you pay for your session. If I recall last year, some people didnt pay (or couldnt pay?), but decided to do laser tag nonetheless.... that whole speech about being responsible about your budget comes to mind.

$430.00 makes me nervoussssss

It's that much because I reserved the whole room. If we're clearly under 20 ppl playing, I can call 48 hrs before and tell them to cancel my full room booking. It'll then become 18$ for each person (for both games).

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-04 23:39:44

Added in the day two stuff.

None

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-04 23:48:11

Man...
Looks like I won't have enough money for gas to drive down to another province.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-05 00:00:35

At 1/17/11 02:14 AM, poxpower wrote: Here's a picture from last year:

thin white people in glasses? count me out

don't be trash people

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-05 12:40:42

At 6/4/11 11:21 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote:
It's that much because I reserved the whole room. If we're clearly under 20 ppl playing, I can call 48 hrs before and tell them to cancel my full room booking. It'll then become 18$ for each person (for both games).

Yeah it'll probably be that way.

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-06 00:38:43

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!

I'm definately going!
Purchaging bus tickets RIGHT NAOW!!!!

....Tommorow...

See Y'all there!

Together, we can do that we can't do alone. Nous vaincrons, ensemble, pour la gloire du QUÉBEC LIBRE!!!

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-06 19:31:19

Okay, it is most certain that it'll be just me, Don, and two girls.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-07 10:24:27

At 6/6/11 07:31 PM, Painbringer wrote: Okay, it is most certain that it'll be just me, Don, and two girls.

Just saved this meet from being a semi-sausage fest...
You're cool, man! You're cool!

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-07 13:05:02

At 6/7/11 11:45 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 6/4/11 09:48 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: OHHHHH baby Fringe festival is still on that weekend!

Luis, book in Fringe Festival - Drag races on Saturday, June 18th at 4PM. We'll meet at 3:45pm at metro station St-Laurent.
who invited RuPaul..

We should have a dandy day during the meetup so that you can go to the drag queen area dressed in Victorian garb. Would that make you happy?

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-08 01:45:28

So no one's up for biking?

Just because you'll be hungover is not reason not to get super sweaty for the evening. Fags.

BBS Signature

Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 2011-06-08 02:06:15

At 6/8/11 01:45 AM, poxpower wrote: So no one's up for biking?

My group seems to be up for it.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature