00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Saints row 2 and Gta IV.

954 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 02:54:52

Which one do you prefer? I kind of like saints row 2 more because of all the mini games, customization, and amount of content. In gta there really isn't much to do after the story line. Both games are pretty damn impressive graphics wise and in gta when you blow up you fly half way across the map, in saints row 2 when you blow up you fly 20 feet in the air and eat pavement. Both have very good storys and missions, graphics wise saints row 2 goes for a more cartoon-ish style while gta goes more for realistic. But when it comes to the little things saints row 2 is far more funner, it's not just run around and kill people at random, you can steal a hazmat truck and spray seage all over cars/houses/people etc. And you can spray paint buildings and smoke weed, and last but not least you can even flash pedestrians if you have a trench coat.

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 04:00:01

GTAIV is far more superior in every feild IMO. although, i did buy SR1 for the car explosions, wasnt that bad of a buy. I saw my brother play SR2 i thought it was a joke.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 04:26:18

What so you mean it's a joke? If it was on pc and looked like shit then he probably had the graphics turned down. Gta in my opinion really isn't much of a true open world game. There isn't much to do after the story than run around killing people. You get fuck all for a custom character. I'll admit the graphics are pretty good. But not every game needs to look realistic. And sometimes it just sucks the fun out of the game. Everyone has their own tastes though. I think something shouldn't be called a sandbox/open world game unless there is more to it than a story line.

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 04:31:50

Gta IV hands down. I didn't like the cartoonish style in saints row, and there was no customization in Gta IV for obvious reasons. They wanted you to get to know your character very well and the voice acting was much better done. And the realisticism made the game just so much more better.

There was still alot to do in Gta IV in the open world, but Saints row had alot more to do. But Gta IV was alot more better in my opioion.

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 04:38:57

Well like I said everyone likes their own style of graphics, gta should have atleast added human shields.

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 04:46:05

At 1/1/11 04:26 AM, CAN-OF-SPAM wrote: What so you mean it's a joke?

I'm interested in different things then you, I prefer complex gameplay, animations, a base for the logic of the gameplay (not going to explain that, it makes sense), things to do, sound. I really like a game to be a fully painted canvas, and not some lame ms paint shit, but some bob ross shit.

If it was on pc and looked like shit then he probably had the graphics turned down.

On Awesome60, and actually the graphics (which are always extremely similar to highest settings if the game is 360-PC) were shit, it wasnt art i didnt want to look at it.

Gta in my opinion really isn't much of a true open world game.

I really don't see how you understand to appreciate the art that is videogames, whilst stating that.

There isn't much to do after the story than run around killing people. You get fuck all for a custom character.

word? Custom characters work in mass effect, not so much in this game because of its overall style.

I'll admit the graphics are pretty good. But not every game needs to look realistic.

Again, every game should have a base for its visual style and against common belief the GTA series isnt meant to look or in relation to the base of its gameplay play realistic, its meant to look animated/cgi/artistic/cartoonish to reflect the story and overall themes of the game. Which, unless you never played and really understood you wouldnt understand.

And sometimes it just sucks the fun out of the game. Everyone has their own tastes though. I think something shouldn't be called a sandbox/open world game unless there is more to it than a story line.

I disagree with everyword of that statement, I believe that everyone has their own opinion so i dont think your stupid, but. If you really appreciate something and someone say it isnt great then you'd probably think they just didnt understand because if somones opinion is going to change your feelings about something then you really dont care in the first place. Not that im attached to this game, I'm just an avid gamer have been since i was 2 in '94. Although if you did say Chinese Democracy sucks, ill tell you you have shit taste in music.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 04:56:41

That's your opinion and I respect it, I can agree with alot of it. Some things that bug me are graphic whores who hate a game just because the graphics aren't as good as the next game (no I'm not reffering to you) and it bugs me when someone calls a game a gta rip off just because it's a 3rd person sandbox game, almost all sandbox games are similer in one way or another. But that doesn't stop them from being good games.

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 06:38:02

People tend to compare GTA and Saints Row, since they play fairly similar to each other, but because of the 'realistic' approach that GTA: IV seemed to take, Saints Row isn't just some copy cat any more. Well, at least not in my opinion.

If you're wanting something less serious and more of a laugh, then you probably want to look into Saints Row. I never actually played the second title, but I've seen a few game play videos and spent many hours playing the first.

If it's the realism you're wanting, then definitely go with GTA: IV. I personally find that they removed a lot of the fun from the GTA series with this title, but it was still a good game, all be it slightly disappointing when compared with San Andreas.

Personally I prefer the GTA series over Saints Row. Not so much because I liked the realism as oppose to the fun, but I just find them to be overall better games.

BBS Signature

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 08:52:01

I bought both, Saints Row 1 and 2, and honestly, I'd rather have GTA 4 than those two. Although you can customize your character and shit, in the end they all pretty much feel the same, even changing voices, because they mostly just say the same lines.

I also didn't like how both games are pretty much the same considering the main missions, you start off with nothing and there are 3 gangs that you have to take over so you can do the final missions at the end, hopefully SR 3 won't have that.

I think the one thing they did better was the customization, you could change your clothes into any color, select different styles and shit, hell, that was awesome. Tuning your car was cool as well, although in the end they all mostly felt the same.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's fun as hell at first, but I liked GTA 4's style much more.

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 09:06:20

Saints Row 2.

I still thought GTA IV and its episodes were fantastic additions to the franchise, but I liked SR2 better just for the sheer fun and silliness of everything in the game.

Driving around in pink monster trucks, parachuting off of skyscrapers while naked and obese, spraying poop over people from trucks, karate kicking business men out of windows from the previously mentioned skyscrapers, the list goes on and on and on. That's not even including the amount of customization there is, either. I thought the story missions were more varied and just better overall as well.

I still play GTA IV to this day and I have fun, but I don't know if I would play it anymore if my SR2 disc still worked.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 12:11:01

They are both simply fantastic games, however my vote goes to GTA IV, but I think thats mainly down to it feeling a lot more polished and refined than SR2.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 12:25:04

At 1/1/11 04:46 AM, TimeBender wrote: On Awesome60, and actually the graphics (which are always extremely similar to highest settings if the game is 360-PC)

Lolno.

Also, GTAIV, as I haven't played Saints Row 2. Looks pretty fun though.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 12:40:37

I liked Saints Row 2 better, mostly because it's much more over the top fun and silliness, compared to GTA IV's overall serious tone. There is much more of a customazation factor in SR2, that makes it even more unique and fun to play, even if they are largely aesthtic in nature, {i.e painting your car a certain color, or having your gang members look like ninjas.} which in GTA 4, you don't really see too much of. And I enjoyed the soundtrack to SR2, much more than GTA IV, which seem to be all over the place.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 13:55:56

GTA4 has more impressive graphics, physics and such but the game is boring as shit. I mean really bowling with your cousin?

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 14:10:46

At 1/1/11 01:55 PM, Shnam wrote: GTA4 has more impressive graphics, physics and such but the game is boring as shit. I mean really bowling with your cousin?

And you have people calling you every 5 minutes. I like saints row 2 because its tone is pretty much ''get the fuck out there and blow shit up'' you can go sky diving in a hot dog outfit if you want.

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 19:44:24

Saints Row 2. Once I finished the actual story of it though, I just abandoned it. Shit gets REALLY boring.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-01 21:49:07

oh my god! my psn friend T_DOGGFORLIFE has that game!

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-02 07:38:39

At 1/1/11 09:49 PM, conkerdude34 wrote: oh my god! my psn friend T_DOGGFORLIFE has that game!

Good for him.

Come on in, be a guy, pull up a chair!

BBS Signature

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-02 08:29:36

GTA IV, mainly because I like the feel to it and I prefer the seriousness to it rather than the gameplay of Saints Row 2

2nd on | PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: BogKid | Never try, never fail...

BBS Signature

Response to Saints row 2 and Gta IV. 2011-01-02 09:06:06

saints row is way to cartoony