00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme
Upgrade Your Account!

Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

The Chrono Trigger Collab

5,443 Views | 66 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-01 17:41:30

Alright ill start working on it. Ill post when im finished with it.

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-02 15:31:32

Hahaha, oh my god awesome. I'll make something too, if I get it done in time.

Is this the edit button?

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-02 19:47:12

UPDATE:

Arcaniel: Make a Skit
BetterAtBrawl777 & Lord Arashi888: Make a Skit Together (From Journal Notice)
FatKidWithAJetPack: Offering VA Services
Gunstar-X: Make a Skit
Keegoman: Make Custom Menu Song
LuccaComet: Offering VA Services
MasaAndMune: Make a Skit
Neo-Fusion: Make a Skit
Sunrie: Make a Skit (From Journal Notice)
SuperDeagle: Make a Skit (From Journal Notice)
SSJDre: Offering VA Services
SystemOfAtte: Make a Skit
Vertyx: Make a Skit

My apologies if there are any inaccuracies.

Chrono Trigger Unglued - A Flash Retelling of Chrono Trigger that knows just how important your Ether is.

Work-Study - Squirrel Armies, Code Red, Elite Booze Agents, & More!

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-03 10:53:54

i'm offering to do some voice acting, where do i submit a demo <warning my accent is a sort of irish/american mix if that is a problem>

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-03 14:52:18

At 1/3/11 10:53 AM, maboroshi wrote: i'm offering to do some voice acting, where do i submit a demo <warning my accent is a sort of irish/american mix if that is a problem>

I would suggest Newgrouds Dump
Click here

<make>Funny joke</make>

ERROR Unable to make a "Funny joke"

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-03 16:04:56

i meant by a voice demo not a flash demo i'm useless at that sort of thing, newgrounds dump doesn't seem to take audio files

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-03 17:59:18

hey do you think i can join?

i love crono trigger and i promise not to use sprites

ama gon chill

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-03 20:38:15

It would probably be must first animation that would actually survive the trip to newgrounds but I would love to help on the collab. Chrono Cross is one of my favorite games and Ill begin my bookwork immediately to help out ^_^.

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-03 20:58:12

To Sacros:

Yes, of course you can join.

To TTDart:

Everyone is free to submit a skit. However, if a skit wouldn't survive submission by itself then it probably won't be used in the final collab either. I do not mean to sound cruel saying this, I am only giving you a fair warning before you begin animating. I do promise you I will reserve all actual judgement on the skit until after I see the completed product.

Chrono Trigger Unglued - A Flash Retelling of Chrono Trigger that knows just how important your Ether is.

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-03 21:22:04

Clovis15~
One last question, is cursing allowed in the video itself? Just out of curiousness, dont want one to slip and make the entire sound file invalid.

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-03 21:49:35

I think that a small amount would be okay with the cussing, but not the "hard" words like "fuck" or heavy sexual references. A "damn" or "hell" dropped shouldn't prove a problem, but this is CLovis15's baby and it's up to him.

I now have a solid idea that I'm working on for my skit. It will use sprites as my drawing skills leave a lot to be desired, but I'm pulling out a lot of work on it to make it look high quality. After all, this deserves it and I owe it to myself, too.

I may do two depending on what other ideas I can come up with that I'll be happy with.

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-03 22:08:19

At 1/3/11 09:22 PM, TTDart wrote: Clovis15~
One last question, is cursing allowed in the video itself? Just out of curiousness, dont want one to slip and make the entire sound file invalid.

I guarantee you, you can definitelty use some cuss words. I'm not quite willing to say where the dividing line will be between too much cursing, and an acceptable amount, because - as with all things - it will partially depend on how the implementing person actually used them (there are a few people who seem to be able to make long for cussing an art form). However, racial epithets like the N word will pretty much be a flat out no go.

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-03 23:19:53

Ah finally! I've waiting for a collab of Chrono Trigger to come along. I'm interested. Count me in.

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-04 19:34:26

Awesome :D Chrono Trigger, I'll try to get something done if my time allows me to.

BBS Signature

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-04 19:37:24

At 1/3/11 08:58 PM, Clovis15 wrote: To Sacros:

Yes, of course you can join.

awesome!

umm...

im out of ideas lol anyone wanna collab by writing something for me to animate? contact me via pm plx, only requisite would be to follow the collab rules and be mildly short

thx :D

ama gon chill

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-06 02:28:07

It's ok if I use Flash 8?

BBS Signature

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-06 03:12:19

To Sacros:

I know someone you should get in touch with, I'll tell him.

To SuperDeagle:

Could I possibly ask you to make both, if it wouldn't be too much trouble? Generally speaking I would like people to avoid working on split part submissions as there can really ideally be only one of them like that in a collab, so it becomes a problem if more than one person does it. If I could have it in both forms, then I'd be able to decide in post if it'd be more interesting to split it or not (and you did say the difference of work would be negligible).

To Arcaniel:

Yes, you can use Flash 8

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-06 22:13:52

At 1/6/11 03:12 AM, Clovis15 wrote: To Sacros:

I know someone you should get in touch with, I'll tell him.

cool

my inbox is open

ama gon chill

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-08 06:01:52

Hi, my name is ShinsukeIto... and I would love to join this collab. I'm thinking of doing my favourite place in the game, the magical kingdom of Zeal. I do not intend to have voices, so bear with me here. :P

I would really like for this to come out, Chrono Trigger is one of my favourite games. First started playing it on the SNES, and was super excited when they released it on the DS.

I'm hoping to release a demo of my part soon.

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-08 14:17:23

looks like a funny collab, I think i will join

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-09 00:28:20

At 12/30/10 05:24 PM, Clovis15 wrote: TO LIQUIFY:

I got your idea in my in box, it was perfectly good.

That's what she said?

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-09 01:37:33

To Sacros:

Sorry, it seems my friend was a bit too busy right now to write anything. I wish you the best in finding another writing partner for the collab.

To ShinsukeIto and Molina:

Welcome aboard the both of you.

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-09 17:26:07

I have an idea, but it's just gonna be a side project, so if you let me join the collab, I'm not going to make anything special.

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-09 21:08:58

At 1/9/11 01:37 AM, Clovis15 wrote: To Sacros:

Sorry, it seems my friend was a bit too busy right now to write anything. I wish you the best in finding another writing partner for the collab.

no prob dood, ill get myself some idea somehow, thanks anyway. I actually thought someone would apply for my request but oh well, tough luck.

ama gon chill

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-09 23:54:29

Hey, anyone out there, is anybody planing something on Gato?

BBS Signature

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-12 18:10:52

That is probably a good idea and was something I've been thinking about recently. If possible, could everybody submit a short one sentence synopsis of the idea they are working on. I am not going to require you submit a synopsis in advance, but it would be a shame later on to have to choose between two great submissions that were ultimately almost the exact same idea.

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-23 03:29:04

I have not dropped off the face of the planet or Collab. I'm still here and working on it.

My skit details a custom Magus sprite ripping an unsuspecting...or rather...unsuspectingly ripping a character a new ass with Dark Matter.

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-23 07:15:29

Thank you for responding with your plan. I hope everyone else does too, but I realize this is really something I should have asked up front to begin with. My apologies to everyone on that.

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-23 19:27:14

i dont have one for mine yet, im kinda but im planning of going through with it given the rest do too...

maybe we should ask more ppl to join or advertise the collab somehow? it would be a shame if this dies out

ama gon chill

Response to The Chrono Trigger Collab 2011-01-24 01:36:20

I'm still trying to figure out a idea for mine. So I don't have anything yet.