00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sk8er-Gaius15 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help please

479 Views | 8 Replies

Help please 2010-12-23 18:50:32

I'm trying to bring an object (main character) into GF2 but cant figure out how to do it.

Response to Help please 2010-12-23 19:10:31

Just create a new Active object, double click on it to bring up the animation editor, and click on the little folder at the top to import your character/sprite sheet. Then, just crop/edit to your liking.

Thanks aplenty to Phobotech for the great user icon.

BBS Signature

Response to Help please 2010-12-24 13:09:43

Ok, now I'm having another problem. How would I make the main character turn in the direction that you press arrow key for? Would I have to draw each individual direction for it to work?

Response to Help please 2010-12-24 13:44:52

Just copy the current direction frame and paste it into the opposite one. Then, right click on the frame (or highlight and right click for more than one frame) and click "flip horizontally"

This should give you an opposite direction exactly the same as the other one.

BBS Signature

Response to Help please 2010-12-24 19:48:51

Another problem, lol. So I have all of the directions down but its all jumpy and the person doesn't appear at the same place just facing the other direction.

Response to Help please 2010-12-24 21:01:33

Hot Spots, man, hot spots.

Make sure the hot spot is centered in all frames, and that jumpiness should be gone.

Help please

BBS Signature

Response to Help please 2010-12-25 00:58:30

@theportalguru, you seem to know a fair bit about this program. Have you used it before the newgrounds edition came out, or are you just a quick learner?

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake."

Need webhosting? Try AtomicPages

Response to Help please 2010-12-25 02:34:44

I dabbled in MMF2 for a fair bit. I can create a (somewhat) fully functioning static engine, complete with slopes and reverse gravity. The basics are pretty easy to explain to beginner users, though, and I'm more than happy to help out.

BBS Signature

Response to Help please 2010-12-25 07:55:53

Thanks for all of the help with this