00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,343 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 20:56:59

I used to take an arrow to the knee like you, but then I became an adventurer.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 21:16:16

At 12/1/11 08:56 PM, wafflecake12 wrote: I used to take an arrow to the knee like you, but then I became an adventurer.

I'm pretty sure that I've never met the source of this meme because I haven't heard anyone talking about taking an arrow to the knee. I do know a guy in Windhelm that got stabbed though.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 21:24:30

At 12/1/11 09:16 PM, djack wrote:
At 12/1/11 08:56 PM, wafflecake12 wrote: I used to take an arrow to the knee like you, but then I became an adventurer.
I'm pretty sure that I've never met the source of this meme because I haven't heard anyone talking about taking an arrow to the knee. I do know a guy in Windhelm that got stabbed though.

I can hardly walk pass a guard without them saying it. Maybe they only start saying it after a certain point in the game.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 21:44:46

I use to post useless +1s of new memes, but then I realized how fucking stupid that was and stopped.

Seriously guys, Once, maybe twice a page ain't bad but you guys are using it like it's already going out of style. If you don't have new info about the game or a game experience you want to share, or reply to than don't post. We might piss off a mod. (you know, the ones that haven't already posted the same joke)

Anyways, my Dark Elf Warrior/Destruction Mage is lvl 14. I've been working on my destruction magic. I only got it past 32, but I only ever use Fire magic. On the warrior side, I'm finding it hard to find a better weapon than what I have. I have an improved Schimitar (off a dead Redguard, the ones that are looking for that one chick) and it does 23 damage but I can't help but think that now that I'm lvl 14 I should be finding something better out there. All I'm fiding are stronger bandits with simple steel shit and creatures that easily kick my ass. (e.g. Frost Trolls, Dragons, Bears, etc.) So the enemies are getting tougher and I don't got shit to fight back with. As for my Achery side, I'm still able to sneak kill weak bandits with the 3x sneak critical. Which is good for when I don't feel like getting put over a barrel by a bunch of weak bandits bum rushing me all at once.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 21:57:12

At 12/1/11 09:44 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: We might piss off a mod. (you know, the ones that haven't already posted the same joke)

Pissed off? No... Annoyed? Slightly.

This forum isn't for stat whoring, and mindlessly posting the same meme over and over again is just that. If you don't have anything to discuss about Skyrim in the Skyrim thread, don't post. Take your mindless meme posts to one of those sites that exists for the soul purpose of stat whoring.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 22:19:22

At 12/1/11 09:24 PM, Jolly wrote: I can hardly walk pass a guard without them saying it. Maybe they only start saying it after a certain point in the game.

I'm level 43, I'm Thane of about half the holds you can own houses in, I've helped Ulfric conquer Skyrim, I've killed Alduin, I've cleared about a hundred dungeons, I own most of the Daedric artifacts, and I lead the thieves guild, companions, and dark brotherhood. Maybe they just don't say it because of all the crimes I've committed and all the dragons I've killed, but there definitely isn't anything that I still have to do that enough people have done to make that into a meme.

I would be farther but I decided to be smart and wait for the GOTY edition so I could get the DLC with the game and now I have to borrow my roommates copy of the game.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 22:30:41

Oh wah, one page of forum meme jokes out of a hundred, actually half a page, and someone whines. It has to do with the game, so we made a few jokes. Nothing has to be all serious. Deal with it.

Anyway, level 31, still can't kill a fucking giant. Full block, full perks on important heavy armor, and critical strikes for one handed swords. No dice.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 22:45:57

Found a new mask, Volusomething. The red one that gives you better prices and lets you breath underwater.
I also found a cave that requires two dragon claws, only one of which were in the cave. I need an ivory claw now.
I used to never have gold in Oblivion, but then I took an arrow in the knee and am now rich as fuck for no reason at all.
My problem with the third person camera has resolved itself, it seems. Maybe I was doing something wrong.
Level 42, almost 43. I should start leveling up my magic schools, because right now the only leveling they've gotten is from reading skill books.
I think that's all I have to say.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 22:52:58

I can't help but feel like this game lacks a variety of enemies. I miss Ogres and Spider Daedras. I understand it doesn't really mix well because the gates to Oblivion were shut 200 years ago. And that's fine. But what happened to Wraiths? No, not the ice-insects. I mean those screaming, sword wielding ghosts. It doesn't feel right when we're missing so many creatures.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 22:56:48

What is your opinion on exploiting the game for personal gain? My brother just got the game and he called me up to tell me that he already had 20,000 gold and 100 speech because he looked up exploits immediately. MAYBE after playing the game for a while, but immediately? I don't think so.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 23:01:39

At 12/1/11 10:56 PM, hitman1993 wrote: What is your opinion on exploiting the game for personal gain? My brother just got the game and he called me up to tell me that he already had 20,000 gold and 100 speech because he looked up exploits immediately. MAYBE after playing the game for a while, but immediately? I don't think so.

Personally, I only ever use exploits after I've finished the game at least once, because I feel it kind of takes away from the fun of earning things through adventuring. Same thing with mods, I always play through at least once before I install any mods.

Call it experiencing the game as it was intended. However, after that first playthrough, anything goes.

Problem is... I keep getting sidetracked going off on my own little adventures and forget to do the story missions... which means it could be a while before I ever install mods or use any of the exploits... Not that that's a bad thing.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 23:01:46

At 12/1/11 10:19 PM, djack wrote:
At 12/1/11 09:24 PM, Jolly wrote: I can hardly walk pass a guard without them saying it. Maybe they only start saying it after a certain point in the game.
I'm level 43, I'm Thane of about half the holds you can own houses in, I've helped Ulfric conquer Skyrim, I've killed Alduin, I've cleared about a hundred dungeons, I own most of the Daedric artifacts, and I lead the thieves guild, companions, and dark brotherhood. Maybe they just don't say it because of all the crimes I've committed and all the dragons I've killed, but there definitely isn't anything that I still have to do that enough people have done to make that into a meme.

I would be farther but I decided to be smart and wait for the GOTY edition so I could get the DLC with the game and now I have to borrow my roommates copy of the game.

Do you ever pay any attention to what the guards say? Just walk up to them a few times and they'll most likely say it.

At 12/1/11 10:56 PM, hitman1993 wrote: What is your opinion on exploiting the game for personal gain? My brother just got the game and he called me up to tell me that he already had 20,000 gold and 100 speech because he looked up exploits immediately. MAYBE after playing the game for a while, but immediately? I don't think so.

That's stupid. I'm only now doing exploits on my main character, that I quit playing at level 38, so I can get the achievement for being level 50 and for having 100,000 gold.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 23:18:24

At 12/1/11 10:52 PM, POTaTOS wrote: I can't help but feel like this game lacks a variety of enemies. I miss Ogres and Spider Daedras. I understand it doesn't really mix well because the gates to Oblivion were shut 200 years ago. And that's fine. But what happened to Wraiths? No, not the ice-insects. I mean those screaming, sword wielding ghosts. It doesn't feel right when we're missing so many creatures.

Wraiths were nothing more than stronger forms of ghosts just like there are multiple types of Draugr. Also if you compare the number of creatures (including the variations on different types of enemies) there are actually more creatures in Skyrim than Oblivion and it's only when you include the Shivering Isles that Oblivion has more creatures than Skyrim (something that will most likely change once Skyrim has released some DLC especially if they really do include the other continents as part of the DLC since it's already there).

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 23:28:49

At 12/1/11 11:01 PM, Jolly wrote:
At 12/1/11 10:19 PM, djack wrote:
Do you ever pay any attention to what the guards say? Just walk up to them a few times and they'll most likely say it.

I do. They talk about my enchanting, pickpocketing, and sneak skills or they talk about my membership in the thieves guild and dark brotherhood unless my sword is drawn in which case they either say they're nervous about my weapon being drawn or they warn me about the dangers of playing with fire since I usually have a flame spell equipped along with my weapon.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-01 23:56:02

Despite all of skyrim's bugs it is one of my favorite open-world games I recommend this to any gamer as a must buy. I have all ready clocked over 100 hours into this game.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 08:18:28

This meme joke will be fine in this thread as long as it's kept to a minimum. I can understand you all were having a bit of fun on the last page so I'll leave it at that.

As for recent progress on Skyrim, I've been focusing more on Thieves Guild. I wanted to beat the main quest for the College of Winterhold but I'm finding the enemies to be a whole lot more difficult than everything else I've faced apart from dragons. Hopefully when I get resume at a later point the enemies won't be so overpowering.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 08:28:52

I was having so much fun in this thread, until Bahamut shot an arrow in my knee.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 08:44:40

Have you seen those redguards? They have curved swords.
CURVED.
SWORDS.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 08:56:34

At 12/2/11 08:44 AM, Dromedary wrote: Have you seen those redguards? They have curved swords.
CURVED.
SWORDS.

Oblivion had cutlasses, but those Alik'r people have some friggin' awesome Lawrence of Arabia shit going on there.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 11:07:42

At 12/2/11 08:44 AM, Dromedary wrote: Have you seen those redguards? They have curved swords.
CURVED.
SWORDS.

And I believe there are a few opportunities to get one for yourself. I could have gotten one if I chose to kill a Daedra Lord that I came across. Sadly I thought it would be better to help him and take his reward, which just so happened to not be a scimitar.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 11:39:19

Tried taking a giant on at level 6, when he one-hit me I flew so far up into the sky the game brought up the Load/Save menu before I even started falling back down. Hilarious.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 11:59:43

Yeah, I got a Scimitar from some person I murdered in the dark brotherhood sanctuary.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 12:03:02

NOOOOOOO

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 12:11:20

Well this sucks.

It seems like I can't pull any levers at all in the 'High Gate Ruins' which prevents me from continuing on the quest 'A Scroll For Anska' and it also means that I won't be able to get the Vokun mask. Now that's added to the pile of bugged quests currently on my list. Along with 'The Battle For Fort Hraggstad', 'Liberation of Skyrim' and other bugged Miscellaneous quests.

Also my companion won't let me trade with him anymore and Anska is still following me wherever I go.

I'm playing on the PS3 by the way.

Hopefully Bethesda fixes these glitches on the upcoming patch or I'll get pee'd off.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 12:53:32

Where does a follower respawn after he or she dies?

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 12:56:01

At 12/2/11 12:53 PM, kisame wrote: Where does a follower respawn after he or she dies?

They don't.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 13:36:47

At 12/2/11 12:03 PM, desert116 wrote: NOOOOOOO

It's in the game's files. It would be perfectly legal to extract them.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 13:39:25

At 12/2/11 12:53 PM, kisame wrote: Where does a follower respawn after he or she dies?

6 feet under.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 13:46:36

At 12/2/11 01:36 PM, Wolfos wrote:
At 12/2/11 12:03 PM, desert116 wrote: NOOOOOOO
It's in the game's files. It would be perfectly legal to extract them.

But I'm too lazy to look for them! This is a terrible crisis!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-02 14:56:36

I got like 10 scimitars from killing those alik'r guys. I figured it would be a good idea to stock up on them since I hadn't seen those swords anywhere else in the game.