00:00
00:00

The Tarot Card Collab!

42,988 Views | 565 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-16 12:58:08

Indeed, it looks pretty damn great.
I do think a background would be needed though, you know... to mix in with the other cards a bit.

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-16 21:58:43

At 1/16/11 12:25 PM, Bryony wrote: Drumroll, or something similar. My first attempt at doing anything art related on the computer!
Next time I'm sticking to fine art, way less stressful. Anyway, thoughts?

first - Awesome work. I absolutely love it. the wing design is great and you did a wonderful job coloring them. Very unique and eye-catching.

second - if you decide to make a background, it should be fairly subdued so as not to diminish or take away from the character herself.

third - the clouds extending past the bottom of the graphic area and into the name plate looks sloppy. i suggest you erase anything that isn't any the graphic area, especially the part that is inside the name plate. it takes away from the otherwise highly professional look of the work.

hope it helps.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-17 18:52:23

At 1/16/11 12:25 PM, Bryony wrote: Drumroll, or something similar. My first attempt at doing anything art related on the computer!
Next time I'm sticking to fine art, way less stressful. Anyway, thoughts?

I love that one!

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-17 22:45:50

Call for some WIPs or PMs to keep your card again ;D

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-17 23:19:04

At 1/17/11 10:45 PM, Knocturne wrote: Call for some WIPs or PMs to keep your card again ;D

Aww, do I have to? I'll get it soon. I'm too busy lol.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-17 23:22:41

At 1/17/11 11:19 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 1/17/11 10:45 PM, Knocturne wrote: Call for some WIPs or PMs to keep your card again ;D
Aww, do I have to? I'll get it soon. I'm too busy lol.

No no not you xD

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-18 04:55:54

I honestly have never done a background before so I am trying hard to make a decent one! right now i am just playing around with ideas

The Tarot Card Collab!

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-19 13:28:52

Tallying which cards are open today!

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-19 13:35:13

At 1/18/11 04:55 AM, Darkittys wrote: I honestly have never done a background before so I am trying hard to make a decent one! right now i am just playing around with ideas

Actually.... it looks stylized and I kind of like it. IT doesn't take away from the character, but seems very fitting at the same time.

At 1/19/11 01:28 PM, Knocturne wrote: Tallying which cards are open today!

Looking forward to it :3

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-19 22:31:27

Sorry it's taking me so long. Google earth posed for me. Oh yeah. In the nude. So I fucked her right in the Netherlands.

The Tarot Card Collab!

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-20 00:37:07

At 1/19/11 10:31 PM, Occluded wrote: Sorry it's taking me so long. Google earth posed for me. Oh yeah. In the nude. So I fucked her right in the Netherlands.

Oh you and your stories

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-20 06:13:42

At 1/19/11 10:31 PM, Occluded wrote: Sorry it's taking me so long. Google earth posed for me. Oh yeah. In the nude. So I fucked her right in the Netherlands.

This was the snowiest winter we have had in years...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-21 03:53:04

Hey Knocturne, just thought I'd let you know that I'm not a complete lazy ass, and that my hard drive got zapped to death via a power flicker last weekend, my new comp is coming next week but it won't have any software and all my source files are gone,so I must regretfully relinquish "The Sun" until later notice...

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-21 16:38:40

Alrighty, sorry about that Spaghetti
and to everyone else, I'm gonna put up the new list of free cards today, forgot about it...

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-22 16:37:23

Open cards:
The Fool
The Sun

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-24 01:14:32

well, i've never posted anything here in terms of artwork, but i'll go ahead and toss in for The Fool, since I'm a tarot enthusiast and have been following this collab for a while. I really want to see what this will all look like once it's done.

~Wraithe

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-24 12:39:25

Mmkay, well I'm just gonna go ahead and say again that if you want to keep a card, you either contact me via PM just to say you're keeping it or you gotta post a WIP by your third day of calling dibs.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-24 13:42:38

At 1/22/11 04:37 PM, Knocturne wrote: The Sun

EVERYONE CALM DOWN!
I've got this!

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-24 13:43:47

At 1/24/11 01:42 PM, Havegum wrote:
At 1/22/11 04:37 PM, Knocturne wrote: The Sun
EVERYONE CALM DOWN!
I've got this!

Awww.....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-24 18:33:48

At 1/24/11 12:39 PM, Knocturne wrote: Mmkay, well I'm just gonna go ahead and say again that if you want to keep a card, you either contact me via PM just to say you're keeping it or you gotta post a WIP by your third day of calling dibs.

no problem. i worked on it for a few hours yesterday immediately after "dibsing" it, and I'll work a little more today before posting a WIP.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-24 19:32:49

Great entires guys! Glad to see this collab still going. ^_^

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-24 21:14:52

Ya know what? Everytime after checking the Screw Collab, the Totem Collab and the Alien Collab, I check out this one to relief myself. It's coming along very nice and I can't really decide which is my favourite entry or WIP at the moment.

Not saying the other collabs are coming along very bad, but I really like this one the most.

@Darkittys: Sorry but to me it looks strange, that the black and purple lines inside the dress are absolutely straight. It kinda clashes with the folds it has on the outside. The lines looks way better the way you did them on the collar. Don't get me wrong, I really like your pic besides that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-24 23:11:18

okay, here is the WIP for The Fool. Still very early in the development stages, as you can see, but i figured I'd post something up to show that yes I'm working on it.

as for the finished product, i haven't exactly decided, but i was thinking i'd either do something with a Klimt-ish vibe or something with really heavy black shadows and high contrast. OR a combination of both. I haven't made up my mind.

The Tarot Card Collab!

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-25 00:09:15

At 1/24/11 11:11 PM, IndigoWraithe wrote: okay, here is the WIP for The Fool. Still very early in the development stages, as you can see, but i figured I'd post something up to show that yes I'm working on it.

It's going to end up very similar to the composition of my The Star, it seems.

The Tarot Card Collab!

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-25 01:15:15

Sorry about the whole lagging behind finals are upon me and will be over this friday so Making time has been hard. but here's a WIP if I'm still in the running it will be finished by next monday (the 31st).

The Tarot Card Collab!

Art Thread. Art Page. Facebook. Tumblr. I am currently using a tablet so spelling and grammar errors will happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-25 02:01:58

Yeah I really need to work on the purple lines, Im just bad at it so left like that haha XD anyways besides fixing those lines (now anyways haha) I think ill leave like this now

The Tarot Card Collab!

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-25 04:37:16

At 1/25/11 01:15 AM, JackDGreatest wrote: Sorry about the whole lagging behind finals are upon me and will be over this friday so Making time has been hard. but here's a WIP if I'm still in the running it will be finished by next monday (the 31st).

Well, i dibsed The Fool when Knocturne announced that it was up for grabs, but if you're still working on it, JackD, then I don't want to swoop in and steal it from you. I'll just work on mine for fun instead of submitting it for the collab.

Good luck with finals btw.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-25 10:29:36

No no, sorry Jack but you lost your dibs, I'm sorry but from when you posted your WIP back on the 27th of December I gave you til the 2nd and then extended it til the 11th to notify me or post a WIP to keep your card.

The point of the system is to try and keep things moving, and give people a shot at doing cards when the people who dibsed them fail to keep up. It's kinda messed up but that's how I chose to organize the collab and I can only be so lenient.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-25 11:13:59

alright that's cool

Art Thread. Art Page. Facebook. Tumblr. I am currently using a tablet so spelling and grammar errors will happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-25 18:31:26

At 1/25/11 02:01 AM, Darkittys wrote: Yeah I really need to work on the purple lines, Im just bad at it so left like that haha XD anyways besides fixing those lines (now anyways haha) I think ill leave like this now

Nice background art! I really like how it brings the piece together and compliments the empress without drawing away from her. One thing, however, the stairs don't look quite right. I can tell that you wanted to make a spiral staircase, but it didn't come out quite right. My suggestion would be to push it further to the left and draw in a cylindrical wall for it to curve around and disappear behind. It may help to look at references.

As for the purple lines, the way you designed her dress the striping should follow parallel to the curving edge and not intersect it. I think that's why it looks so odd.

anyway, great work, hope my suggestions help.

~Wraithe

BBS Signature