00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Proximothegr81 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Winds of Change

74,854 Views | 439 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 00:48:04

It's okay, i don't really want to be featured for the animation, i just want to make it and see what people think about it.
Still not ready for earning money and stuff from my work. : P

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 01:15:25

At 12/11/10 05:57 PM, lilwaynerules55 wrote: too bad the audio portal is just filled with horrible trance loops

HEY LOOK HERE HAVE A SHITTY TRANCE LOOP

also, caps. But seriously, there is other stuff in the portal. An attitude like that is why it's gone so underutilized.

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 01:15:30

Tom, you've changed. Whatever happened to the days when you were done with openly stealing copyrighted things?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 02:03:34

Dicks still okay, meh.
This was the sigh of relief for me:

Parodies are still fair game and part of our culture

Thank goodness.
It's not even just that I have a parody movie I hope to finish someday. I've always loved seeing other people's interpretations of things. People argue that parody Flashes don't have any creativity, but they really have a certain creativity that just can't be put in the same category as any other kind of Flash.

~

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 02:33:26

At 12/12/10 02:11 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Wait wait wait. So this means sprite movies are now banned, as well as anything that uses sound clips from movies and songs?

I think he means will not get featured, not banned.
This is not a new issue, Its like the LEGO people all over.

Let me put it as a example for all.
You CAN make a tribute animations and you CAN upload it to the internet.
You CAN NOT use said copyrighted music or images to promote.
You CAN NOT use said copyrighted music or images to make any monetary gain.(money is a good example)

So you CAN do a music video, strip it of all flash adds and any links to anything but the artist domain or universe. BUT that tribute or fan made AMV can not be featured.
BECAUSE any studio or copyright holder can make a easy claim that there work, likeness or Images are in fact being used for profit and gain, as newgrounds has sponsors, and attracts a broad audience of hits.

So NG can not afford to show off your work, no matter how good it is.
SO use none copyrighted material if you want to be featured. You not only protect yourself, Newgrounds but also help a up and comer and promote NG's community.

Drawing without thinking is just doodling, the brain and pen is connected.

PSN: SeoulSnake

BBS Signature

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 03:11:26

Everything you just said is going against the flow of current internet times.

BBS Signature

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 03:47:56

Sorry if the question was asked already, but can i use the music from the games? (from the old Nes/Snes/etc console games, super mario bros. for example)

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 04:03:19

THanks man...

zamunda.net

BBS Signature

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 04:38:03

yet another victory in the oligarchs' war against art

oh who the fuck am i kidding, nobody here makes anything even remotely worthwhile anyway

wolf piss

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 04:58:46

At 12/12/10 03:47 AM, noname2 wrote: Sorry if the question was asked already, but can i use the music from the games? (from the old Nes/Snes/etc console games, super mario bros. for example)

You would have to see if the compositions are public domain or if it is copyrighted. Some are and some aren't. For instance, the music from tetris is "Dance of the sugar plum fairy" which has been public domain for many years whereas many of the other games of that time had scores written by a composer specifically for that game (Although, a number of them are simple rearrangements of classical pieces). Point is, check up on the piece of music you want use to cover both your's and NG's asses.

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 05:45:47

So, basically parodies of copyrighted things are totally fine so long as the audio and artwork are not copyrighted?

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 08:04:06

At 12/12/10 05:45 AM, Budge007 wrote: So, basically parodies of copyrighted things are totally fine so long as the audio and artwork are not copyrighted?

Yes, I think parodies are protected by law but I'm not sure.

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 08:58:28

The second Tom said " The web and Newgrounds have been like the wild west, but times are changing ", I instantly remembered Red Dead Redemption and played it XD

Trying to post in topics that have no replies. Trust me it's a horrible feeling when nobody replies to your topic :{

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 09:20:40

Yeah, I'm sure this is going to happen.

I don't think you're as clued in to the modern internet as much as you think, Tom.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 09:43:30

At 12/11/10 02:45 PM, MindChamber wrote:
At 12/11/10 12:43 PM, Abracadabra123 wrote: So any flash movies/games using sprites from video games like Super Mario Bros, Final Fantasy, Street Fighters ... are over. Right?

Sorry for double post. There is no edit button in this forum.
Come ON man.... READ ... not just the starting post, but the whole thread

READ goddamnit.

Alright. I read more carefully.

This rules should apply only flashes with API ads on them since the author earns money on them, not every flash on Newgrounds.

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 09:48:03

this news makes me sad.

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 10:00:06

tom, i find it interesting that your the creator of NG, and yet your only level 11.
roflmao but i will follow the rules when i get old of to make flash, so don't worry.

-SNM

I AM AN ELITE MEMER OF THE SPACENINJABRIGADE! WANNA JOIN? CLICK THE LINK BELOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4 w9WgXcQ

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 11:00:51

At 12/12/10 09:48 AM, magic585 wrote: this news makes me sad.

Me Too.

Hello.

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 11:24:10

At 12/11/10 08:22 PM, ThePortalGuru wrote: You know, I think it'd be wonderful to get a "Pure instrumental" collab in the audio portal soon. Just get a whole score of people to submit non-electronic music. I'm always tired of finding piles of trance songs when all I'm looking for is some swing/ragtime/rock.

dito. also would be something if there was a newgrounds sheet music portal as well...

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 12:24:17

I like this even though i'm not a prominent flash creator. It seems that a lot of the stuff coming into the portal is just ripped off picture galleries and music videos.

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 13:08:21

Here is a quick hint to a way round this.

Some people seem to forget that a certain group of musicians actually belong in the "Creative Commons" group... Look it up, some big names out there, one of which is Johnathan Coulton - Author of "Still Alive" on the Valve game Portal.
As long as you are not using the works in the creative commons in any Commercial works you are totally free to use them. As far as I'm aware, this is not a commercial site, so thus we can actually use these works on these sites.

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 13:08:28

I have a question regarding this, I really would like to make animations with Louis Armstrong's Jazz from like more than 50 years ago, is that also not okay?

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 13:25:35

letter by metaknight Hello newgrounds members reading thes crap my name is metaknightsword / crap not fucking realy so i need help members of newgrounds i need help how to make a flash portal on newgrounds.com so if you are a member send me a message if your not member of newgrounds.com go F**K a vigina

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 13:45:59

At 12/12/10 01:25 PM, metaknightsword wrote: letter by metaknight Hello newgrounds members reading thes crap my name is metaknightsword / crap not fucking realy so i need help members of newgrounds i need help how to make a flash portal on newgrounds.com so if you are a member send me a message if your not member of newgrounds.com go F**K a vigina

i admire your candor

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 14:05:34

At 12/12/10 01:25 PM, metaknightsword wrote: letter by metaknight Hello newgrounds members reading thes crap my name is metaknightsword / crap not fucking realy so i need help members of newgrounds i need help how to make a flash portal on newgrounds.com so if you are a member send me a message if your not member of newgrounds.com go F**K a vigina

you lost me...

BBS Signature

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 14:09:51

Dude.

That's deep.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 15:20:11

This needs to be said...

Error - Your jpeg must be in RGB format, not in CYMK
Error - .BMP not a valid format
Error - Image over 150kb

Fuck it, "Cool story, bro."

Can't wait till I get Fireworks again >:(

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 15:48:10

Sorry if this has already been noted, but music that has a copyright should still be fair game if you contact the artists or their legals or whatever and ask for permission. It'll teach us how to be professional about what we do here at the very least. And when we get denied, then that will show us how an artist feels about their stuff being flaunted for free across the internet.

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 16:13:27

At 12/10/10 11:21 AM, Chumbawamba wrote:
At 12/10/10 11:20 AM, TomFulp wrote: Also dicks are still ok.
Thank god.

Seriously, I was just asking my friend the other day, "Are dicks ok". Glad that is cleared up. lol

Vaginas are off limits though

Figured long time coming.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-12 16:59:54

if your saying that flash people needs to use music in the audio portal more then you need to fix the voting system in the audio portal so theres a better chance the person can find the song they want, the flash portal has a good voting system, so why is the audio portal so broken?