00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Joint

47,561 Views | 1,020 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-11 11:06:46

One Last Salute's One Last Salute EP (2005, Independent):I big on the Sydney, N.S. music scene, being close friends with Slowcoaster bassist Mike LeLievre, but these guys are kinda the ugly ducklings, with harder bands like Ground Zero and more lyrically sound bands like Jedi Mind Trick, these ridiculous pop-punkers stick out big time, the production on this four-track EP is horrendous, the instruemnets are drowned out out by the horrible nails-on-a-chalkboard-new-punk-drawl/scream vocals, and the songwriting is inuntelligent for the most part, a second-rate cover of Def Leppard's "Pyromania" doesn't ease the pain either, the only good thing is the live DVD included, the band is fantastic live, I was front-row at the album release, but these guys need to get a professional producer,
three and a half out of ten,

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-12 16:26:24

Thanks for reviewing guys, gd im gonna start fukin puttin all my songs in the Miscilanneous catagory (cuz i get low reviews if its in the wrong catagory)

however im pretty sure my trance is trance, cuz i love trance lol.

I have a new ambient sound id like for ppl to hear, and i jus submitted a new song too (pretty good, it has a nice tropical noise halfway through)

so please vote and review,

PLEASE vote, cuz ppl go around and give my shit zeros if i ever get a good score or at least high enoguh to be on the top list for any catagory (i had 3 songs on the TOP of the trance list, then 2 ppl voted zero on them, and since noonne barely votes i cant make up for it)

thanks for any feedback!
wizard i think i checked some of ur stuff out and left a review or 2

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-13 05:26:53

Yeah thanks for the reviews, you probably listened to the weakest tunes i have uploaded tho hehe, well its all down to individual preferance... but I think the 3 I leave in my Sig are the best ones.

I know the problem with people voting 0, thats why i vote 4 or 5 on stuff i like in general, because I know some arsehole out there is going to come along and cap it.. and you can only vote once on each tune from the same ip and I have a fixed one so there isn't much esle i can do that give 4's or 5's.

I am still up for exchanging more reviews, review whatever you want, but I would like to draw some more attaention to the tunes in my sig. And let me know if you have anything specific you want reviewed

Nexus: 1. a means of connection; tie; link.

Nexus: 2. a connected series or group.

Nexus: 3. the core or center, as of a matter or situation.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-13 10:10:35

my newest song Maintain , Radiate, and breathing

also the striker is pretty good, and i have alotta dark stuff too.

ill check the ones in ur sig

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-13 10:16:02

how did you pull off 400+ downloads and only get 3 reviews.... thats weak dude

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-13 15:04:20

At 3/13/05 10:10 AM, Pandora_Tranquil wrote: my newest song Maintain , Radiate, and breathing

also the striker is pretty good, and i have alotta dark stuff too.

ill check the ones in ur sig

yeah i reviewed some more of your shizzle, loved striker man!

I'll check out radiate and breathing in a mo but just got an idea for a track so i am going to have to wait till later. I'll get on reviewing the rest of them, but u should have 2 new reviews and alot of better scores by now :)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-13 16:01:00

I jus made a new song, its rated 5.00 right now (made it past 6 downloads without getting a fag voting zerop) but ill shut up so i don get jinxed.

newayz its a DNB, with the DNB style you told me about.

i think you will like.

but then again what the fuck do i know?

anyways about the music competition

COUNT ME IN !!!!!!!!!
post all the rules and shit

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-13 16:10:52

oh btw dude lets make a collab, i mentioned it in one of your reviews.

jus drop me an email or sumptin

Aim - SiSiMeN313
MsN- Demonslayer326@hotmail.com

thats also my email.

i use fruity loops as you do too, so no prob with a collab.

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-13 16:17:58

Woah....when the hell did this thread come back to life?

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-13 16:25:36

......since it was made

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-13 17:17:23

At 3/13/05 04:10 PM, Pandora_Tranquil wrote: oh btw dude lets make a collab, i mentioned it in one of your reviews.

jus drop me an email or sumptin

Aim - SiSiMeN313
MsN- Demonslayer326@hotmail.com

thats also my email.

i use fruity loops as you do too, so no prob with a collab.

I added you on msn, I will check out that track and leave another review, I respond to 99% of my reviews btw so if you wanna check the responses you can..

I've also put a lil DnB tutorial up in the general section, and a link in my sig and am now searching for some online resources to add to it as well so people can read more into what dnb is about and where it started and stuff like that. I hope it helps people

But yeah accept me on msn.. mines thcx@hotmail.com i dont use that for email tho. and mb i can play you some DnB from some of my favorite artists aswell so you can get a better idea, unless you downloaded some that I suggested.

Okay time to take a look at ur track now

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-13 21:12:31

Wow, am I glad this thread cam back to life. I have no idea what to do for a competition Pavo, but i think it would be fun, and i could def judge. Now that I cant make proper music on my computer Ive been posting on the poitical forum, but never will I ever forget about this club. I'll do my duty and judge along with you Pavo if youd like, unless you want to enter. I think I may make a theme to thi contest, to make sure that eveone has a fair chance with thier skills. and here it is:

Rules of the Audio Joint Official Music Competition:

1. Your audio must be your own obviously. If I find that you stole someon else's youwill be disqualified and maybe boted from this club. :(

2. Your song must be in accordance will all Audio Portal standards. Not that I know of any, but I dont want to get in trouble for anything with the audio mods :).

3. YOUR SONG MUST GO ALONG WITH THE THEME. This is very crucial. everyone must have a fair chance at the type of music being made. If it is one type of music, then nobody can complain.

4. Invite friends to participate. In the past our contest went down the drain becuase of the lack of participation. Do it.

Theme: Intrepetations of Classic music.

Good luck! If there are any questions about the rules dont be afraid to ask.

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-14 19:54:57

At 3/13/05 09:12 PM, mineworker wrote:
Theme: Intrepetations of Classic music.

Good luck! If there are any questions about the rules dont be afraid to ask.

So does that mean like Trance, because alot of the riffs and pads have a new age classical vibe to it.. or do you mean tunes with clasical instruments in... or do you mean make a classical peice.. or am i missing the point entirley?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-14 20:00:22

At 3/14/05 07:54 PM, WizardSleeve wrote: point entirley?

Lol, no dude you didnt. I want you to listen to an old peice of music and make a techno/whatever song that is what you think to be the meaning of it. Classic techno sounds are very good, and I think very highly of them. GET YOUR FRIENDS IN THIS COMPETITION!

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-15 06:36:44

right so you want a techno track, not a trance or drum and bass track.. fair enough count me out. I can't be botehred to make techno... as much as i love the electronica genre, ur average bit of techno bores me, tho there is some russian techno thats quite good.

No worries tho, if you open it up to the rest of the electronica genre then count me in, esp if its D&B or some form of Trance

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-15 06:45:20

At 3/13/05 04:17 PM, SeeD419 wrote: Woah....when the hell did this thread come back to life?

I'm to blame for it. I recently came back to NG and have been exploring things again. Was in the electronic music club and njese told me to post here aswell especially if i wanted to exchange reviews with some one.

Well in topics like this that I am interested in I check quite often, and sometimes i make a second post before anyone else does, because i have something else to say or whatever. And obvoiously when some one posts it bumps the topic, more people see it, weather they posted here before or not if there interested they will probably take a look and boom, topics back in action

It would be nice if there were more of us to post here tho, but either way its all good. suppose i should thank mineworker for the topic and njesie for pointing me in this direction... Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-15 16:31:53

At 3/15/05 06:36 AM, WizardSleeve wrote: right so you want a techno track, not a trance or drum and bass track.. fair enough count me out. I can't be botehred to make techno... as much as i love the electronica genre, ur average bit of techno bores me, tho there is some russian techno thats quite good.

No worries tho, if you open it up to the rest of the electronica genre then count me in, esp if its D&B or some form of Trance

Dude, techno is ok, but if you can make any type of electronic music I'll judge it just as fairly.

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-15 16:34:25

Sorry for the double post, but I have fans!!!!

It would be nice if there were more of us to post here tho, but either way its all good. suppose i should thank mineworker for the topic and njesie for pointing me in this direction... Thanks!

Finally someone who recognizes the possibliities of this club! Snap! Thanks to njesse for reccomending this group too. :)

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-16 06:27:25

At 3/15/05 07:30 PM, Pavo-Miskic wrote:
Ok so on the 1st contest...I think where going to go with VIDEOGAME REMIXES! Its very simple to remix a videogame and if someone cant figure out how I'll be happy to post how. I think it'll be any style, any song, anything, as long as its a vg remix but me and Mineworker have to talk about it. More on that later

Um... didn't mineworker just tell us what the first contest was gonna be on the other page? Or has it changed?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-16 17:39:55

uhhh i wanna be in the contest but i have no clue what the fuck is going on.

who do we give them to? what do we make? when are they due? any rules?

as far as remixes go, i don have any songs i can really remix (id like to do sonic or sumptin but i don even have it anymore and i lost my emulator)

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-16 18:44:33

About the contest!

The first subbmission will not be a video game remix, him and i discussed this and the next theme is going to be remixes. If you find a game that is classic enough, then ask me about it and I'll see if i think it will be ok. Im trying to make this slightly hard, so classic music is the first theme. I wanna see your best music with a touch of classic.

Pavo, next time you post try to talk to me a little longer than 5 min. for the future.

AIM me at mineworker68 for anymore questions....posting about the rules is getting very tedious.

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-17 06:12:47

be more specific, when you say classic do you mean classical (ocorstrated music) or do you mean a old song remix\ something different.

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-17 06:15:54

nevermind ill jus im u lol

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-17 06:54:19

I think its classical... at leat thats i got from the post mineworker made near the bottom of page 37 I don'#t really know any classical music tho.. i make the odd piece.. well try to but its not something i know.

If it was classic.. well marios a classic and i would make another marion remix haha!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-17 19:33:31

OMG

Whatever your interpetations of classic is do it.

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-18 14:12:11

haha mineworkers getting a bit pissed with all the confusion!

Thats the worst thing about text... u can miss a few letters off a word and say something completly differant.

I am not sure what I am going to do for this classical thing. Just a bit lost for ideas on it.. because I have been writing some dnb and trance the last few days and have just got so many differant ideas for that

but i could add something classical to the trance.. start it off classical go into trance...

NO STEALING MY IDEA... haha too late

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-19 08:26:07

Hi guys! Im *ZB* from the Audio Portal and im searching for some talented musicians to create the "Ultimate Audio Portal Tune"

Wanna collaborate?...

Just reply cool guys

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-20 17:27:47

At 3/19/05 08:26 AM, ZeRo_BaSs wrote: Hi guys!

I think it would be cool if someone made a Jukebox out of a choice few songs in Flash. I would offer one of mine if anyone would like, but a collab is pretty hard to do. ZB if you wanna check out some of the attempted music I made its in my sig text.

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-20 23:57:16

BICH ITS ON

we are gonna have a trance battle

btw we judge the reviews NOT THE VOTEZ cuz u know fags live to vote zero on every song they see

the deadline is next monday, we will make a new post in the general forum announcing it (for some hopeful publicity lol)

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2005-03-21 02:52:03

I submitted a track. It's hip-hop. My friends made it and I thought it was pretty good. I told them about the Audio Portal and they told me to submit it, for exposure or whatever. It has a nice mellow beat to it.